Players remain away from facility

There was no sign of any Raiders players between 8:30 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. today, just a light stream of administrative employees and scouts arriving to prepare for the draft.

Considering word had probably gotten out through various Twitter posts and text messages that teams were not opening their weight rooms, there was no reason to arrive other than to establish attendance with regard to a workout bonus.

A pretty boring way to spend two hours, but at least it was a nice day . . .

Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer

• aig-raiders

Gotta run. Good to see familiar faces on here again. Later.

• Silverandblack666

all this talk about cable and Hujack….need I remind you that Hue Jackson has not won a game yet as a head coach in the NFL?

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

Hu Jack played qb in college, and has a track record as a qb coach wr coach and coordinator. He and Jc will speak the same language, and we will see a great qb coach dynamic, lik we saw with reid / macnabb, or gruden /gannon.

Raiders football is in good shape heading to the 2011 season.

Book it.

• Just Fire Baby

On the flip side for Cabes, the AND-1 style fake FG from Lechler to Seabass in home game against KC, may have been one of the stupidest things I ever seen on a football field.

When you think of the decision-making process that went into that, you can’t do anything but laugh.

Buffoonery.

• GoodOle00

138. RAIDERMAN
    Did you read that RNS article Should Vince Young be the latest Raider Resurrection?

He’s had a lot of mental problems. Jamarcus was just lazy not crazy.

No thank you to VY.

Take Kaepernick if you’re going QB

• priesttj

Does Albert Haynesworth need a baby sitter?

• YoungAmerican

In the Raiders’ system, Wiz would be a better fit at C than OG. I don’t think he’d be bad at OG, but he’d probably be average. At C he’d have more of a chance to use his best assets, which are his intelligence and quick hands.

Still, Satele was hit with a restricted FA tag, and three of the Raiders’ offensive tackles from last season won’t be back.

Personally, I’d love for the Raiders to find a way to get another 2nd or 3rd round pick, but I don’t think they have the ammunition to get that done.

• Just Fire Baby

A punter flipping it between his legs while on the ground!!!!!

How is that an acceptable plan???

• Gust372

Didn’t that happen in the season where Cable took over for Kiffin? It was embarrassing, but Cable had to do something to motivate that team. We’re not talking about a solid Raider football team playing for home field advantage. We’re talking about a franchise in the cellar that needed some kind of spark. I didn’t notice too many quirky calls like that from Cable thereafter.

• YoungAmerican

Ideally? I’d like to see the Raiders get Wisniewski, Boling, and Curtis Brown in the late 2nd and early 3rd rounds.

• Silverandblack666

Funny how everyone is ready to Crown Hue Jackson as the next great coach. He has not won a game as a head coach in the NFL.

so in the famous words of Dennis Green:

“you want to crown him, go ahead and crown him already”

• RAIDERMAN99

VY has a long awkward delivery, but his arm strength is good. I’ve seen him throw some absolute darts. Don’t know why people think he has a weak arm.

Matt Leinart has a weak arm. Hard for me to believe Davis would still consider him after seeing some of those helium balls he threw at USC and Arizona.

VY costs NOTHING.

Give me a reason not to bring him in. I’ll bet Hue is salivating at the chance, and would work well with VY.

JaJason got alot of lip service from Hue and Al in the offseason, but don’t forget JaJason was shown the bench last season. Anyone that thinks Al and Hue are rock solid on JaJason is completely wrong. JaJason even got a call from Al asking him why the ball didn’t go downfield against the Colts. I’m telling you JaJason is on thin ice. And for good reason.

JaJason sucks.

• Gust372

Maybe Cable thought Seabass would catch the ball on that play because the Raiders drafted him in the first round?

• RaiderDebo

Just Fire Baby Says:
    April 26th, 2011 at 2:30 pm

Buffoonery.
    @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

That one was bad. But the Fargas sweep out of the endzone against Houston in 2009 that resulted in a safety may have been the worst play call in the history of football. Look up clown in the dictionary and you’ll find Cable’s fat face! And if we make the playoffs, I could care less about our division record.

• RaiderDebo

Silverandblack666 Says:
    April 26th, 2011 at 2:34 pm

so in the famous words of Dennis Green:

“you want to crown him, go ahead and crown him already”
    @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Wrong! He went 8-8 last year.

• Just Fire Baby

***************************

LOL!!

Nonstop from you

• priesttj

I really like this kid Virgil Green TE from Nevada if we can get him in the 4th or 5th rnd. He and Kap were a good pair.

• priesttj

Campbell was shown the bench by a dumb coach who knew he was on his way out if he didn’t win big. He panicked and benched his satrting QB in the first 6 qrtrs of the season. Only a dumbell or someone trying to sabotage the operation does that. Sure you can sit the down because he’s struggling in a game but to bench him for the season was major league stupid. I feel it cost us a chance to go to the playoffs. Because it took him until late in the season to get a rythum with the rec’s as a result of that.

Cable didn’t deserve to be retained and I think for the most part he kne whe was toast when Hujack had the offense humming. If not for that offensive punch we go 5-11 again if Cable hadn’t screwed everything up from the beginning we go 9-7 or maybe even 11-5. The losses to the Cards and SF were unnecessary and purely due to the QB shuffle.

• RAIDERMAN99

I’m not clear on this anymore, but I seem to recall that the Lechler between the legs lateral to Janikowski also came at a dumb moment, besides being crazy to execute.

In Cable’s defense, he did call a great fake punt against the Jets. Remember that one ? Condo direct snap to a LB, whose name escapes me now. Think he was from Stanford. Rumbled for a huge gain and Raids eventually win game in OT on a long Janikowski FG.

My memory of the sweep right against Houston that got stuffed for a safety is that I’ve never seen an offensive line so completely overpowered as the Raids were on that play. Fargas was dropped 5 yards deep.

VY had a $4.25 million roster bonus due this offseason

does anybody know if the Titans paid that?

If he’s still on their roster, I’m guessing they did.

He also has a 8.5 million salary

• GoodOle00

**** YOU Goodell.

His billionaire party line that the radical lawyers for the players are threating to destroy the very fabric of the game is such calculated slanted, ridiculously alarmist and FALSE.

**** YOU Goodell you puppet!

Knew you were a puppet when the Pats evidence was destroyed.

• Gust372

It’s hard to believe the same Cable who called that embarrassing play years ago also led us to that victory against the Chiefs last year, sealing our first 3 game win streak since the year we went to the Super Bowl, but it was.

• Gust372

Love how Goodell said the players and their lawyers are ruining the most lucrative sport in American history…while he claims they’re going broke.

• DKnight007

139.Just Fire Baby Says:
    April 26th, 2011 at 2:10 pm
    I didn’t know they opened up those other towers at City Center.

I have stayed at Aria before when I lived there, it was kind of a ghost town. Way to big, with way too few of people.

I will be at the Luxor probably for Friday’s draft. Won’t get in until late Thursday night.

You make the trek over, first rounds on me.

^^^^^^^
    Where you going to be at around 3:30pm or 4pm on Friday?

• Silverandblack666

RaiderDebo

So then it was Hue who lost 8 games last year, 4 of which we should have won but lost due to poor coaching decisions.

Wow great logic there Debo I can see Al warming up his overhead projector as we type…

• Silverandblack666

“He also has a 8.5 million salary”

so much for VY would not cost us anything!!

he will need all of that money for therapy!

• Gust372

Or he’s bashing his head into the corner of his desk to make his forehead sores look more gruesome, 666. That adds for effect.

• priesttj

Watching Locker in the Ore St. game and man he was very impressive especially outside the pocket. He can flat out throw on the run and he is extremely athletic. After watching Kaepernick earlier today and seeing Locker now I would have a very hard time pciking between the two. I would probably when all is said and done I’d take Locker because he has the quicker release.

I’m telling ya Locker and Kaepernick as well as Cam Newton are going to be damn near impossible to defense if they reach their potential. Locker and Kap have absolute guns I mean they have extremely strong arms and are more accurate on the run. All three have unlimited potential.

• RaiderRetribution

priest that is why I think all QBs are gone before we draft at #48,

Aaron Rogers falling to the mid-twenties will make owners/gms/ and coaches pick up the top 7 qbs anywhere from 1st pick to #40.

even Indi & NE will be looking to the future, Brady and Manning will chose not to play as long as farve did.

• aig-raiders

priesttj Says:
    April 26th, 2011 at 2:53 pm

—————-

Wait, I thought your boy Hue Jack was the guy that came up with this suggestion? Didnt he proclaim that as well? Ah the revisionist is in full effect.

• Just Fire Baby

Locker may be the best athlete of them all.

He has already been drafted by the Angels.

• irjonny

can’t we just agree that we have a cool coach, the skies the limit and we have yet to see how it pans out? the cable vs. jackson debate is a little pre-mature i think. i’m glad he’s our head coach but nobody’s opinion is valid until we win/lose games. sound right?

now to the draft.

how far into the 1st you think we could go by trading 2012 1st and a 5th or 6th?

early 20s maybe?

any other way by pick value to get in there without selling the farm?

• aig-raiders

We lost 8 games last year. Our offense was a NO SHOW in 4 of them. Those are facts.

back to the draft, Locker/Kaepernick/Dalton/Wiz – one of these guys have to available to us at 48.

• priesttj

RaiderRet. There is no way that will happen no way on this earth. You might see 8 go in 4 rnds maybe 5. There is way too much talent on defense in this draft you’ll see 3 RB’s go between 20 and 40 and 6-8 Olineman before pick #50.

You can’t pick everyone in the top 45 picks. There are 5-6 WR’s that will go by the time we pick. These QB’s just aren’t talented enough, some will drop into the 4th rnd if you don’t believe just watch.

• DKnight007

173.Gust372 Says:
    April 26th, 2011 at 3:13 pm

^^^^^^
    Yep. Goodell talking out of both sides of his mouth and he doesn’t even know it. He is a stooge for the owners.

• DKnight007

102.RaiderDebo Says:
    April 26th, 2011 at 12:37 pm
    @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Can you believe these guys??? Smart move by the NFL to keep the Titans off the prime time schedule this year.

^^^^^^^
    Personally I think the Titans shouldn’t even pick Fairley. I would take Cameron Jordan and Quinn ahead of him. Fairley is one dimensional and he plays too high and doesn’t show up all the time IMO.

• PurpleDrank81

Janorice Jenkins Any1…Mayock had him rated has the 12th best player in the draft but went back to florida for his senior year and now is going to be in the supplemental draft

• RaiderDebo

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Exactly!! That’s what made the play call such an asinine one!

• RaiderDebo

Silverandblack666 Says:
    April 26th, 2011 at 3:15 pm
    RaiderDebo

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

WTF are you babbling about??

• Al Davis MachoMachoSupremo

Owners suck, goodell and his cronies suck, the nflpa sucks, and the fans get to suck the big one.

• Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

FREE MONEY TONITE!

Borrow every penny you can get your grubby little paws on.
    Bet against the Lakers tonight.

They have no heart.

Go Raiders!

• DKnight007

Go Raider and I didn’t even know her!! hahaha

• Pretty Rick

Not feeling the new draft schedule,,, Thursday night? Then Friday? I like getting up Saturday morning, getting ready to sit on my ass, kick my feet up, and telling the wife to leave me the hell alone for the next 4-5hrs while I watch Mel Kiper and the rest of the crew misperdict who’s gona be a future Hall of Famer and who’s gona be a bust.

• DKnight007

31.Nnamdi21 Says:
    April 26th, 2011 at 11:43 am
    22. Double TE sets?!

Maybe.

Cable paid lip service to it the whole time he was boss and we rarely if ever saw it.

Maybe it was being saddled with Tony Stewart and or the under producing Brondon Myers as options but he talked about it lots in pre and never happened.

We did see more “jumbo” packs and over loads with an extra tackle including ones where Z Miller lined up at “right tackle” with Walker and Khalif stacked left.

Barnes caught a TD pass lined up stacked over the tackle even.

I know we’ve devasted some of the smaller quicker Ds when we’ve added that extra lineman and looking forward to seeing it more in 2011…if there is a season.

^^^^^^
    I loved seeing the jumbo O-Line packages last year and they worked well!

Hope Huey keeps using those extra jumbo O-Line packages this year!

• http://www.pro-football-reference.com/ KoolKell

Al Davis makes all the decisions, his Head Coach takes all the blame.

• noteasilyimpressed

The Silver & Black will be trading down in the 2nd or 3rd round – watch for it!

• inonewordraider

191.Dr. Hunter S. Thompson Says:
    April 26th, 2011 at 4:15 pm
    FREE MONEY TONITE!

Borrow every penny you can get your grubby little paws on.
    Bet against the Lakers tonight.

They have no heart.

Go Raiders!

kobe has 2 titles with paul gasoft as the second best player a hurt bynum both years D Fish who I love but is the worst starting point in the playoffs and Lamar “houdini” Odom who dissapears

• Thec07

Pretty Rick Says:
    April 26th, 2011 at 4:18 pm

++++++++++++

Yep…best post of the day….

• Thec07

Ltr NATION…

• http://www.raiders.com/ r8eray

Pretty Rick Says:
    April 26th, 2011 at 4:18 pm

_______________________

Look at the bright side…now you get 3 days of kickin up your feet and telling the wife to leave you alone!

I know…cause I thats exactly what I’m gonna do!