NFL opens for business . . . sort of

Here’s a link to a release from the NFL detailing what players will be allowed to do awaiting a decision from the 8th Circuit Court of appeals.

Looks like transactions with veteran players will not be a part of this year’s draft.

Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer

• Gust372

Brien, still doesn’t seem like a big deal. I know a ton of white kids from the burbs that would steal a laptop in a flash. Young people do dirt.

295.Gust372 Says:
    April 28th, 2011 at 3:49 pm
    Lakers aren’t going to the finals this year.

************************************

Durant is best player in the league and pound for pound they have the deepest bench quiet as kept, now they got the size. Oh boy everyone is in trouble

• Gust372

Mistic, you could have coached that Tampa team to victory? You’re a better coach than Tony Dungy?

• Dakota

295.Gust372 Says:
    April 28th, 2011 at 3:49 pm
    Lakers aren’t going to the finals this year.

++++++++

MR, how would you know? Aren’t you too busy gobbling Maloof meat in a desperate attempt to keep the Kings in Sactown to pay attention to playoff teams like the Lakers?

• http://www.pro-football-reference.com/ KoolKell

MR have you ever been on an elite major D1 univeristy before? Those players are living like Kings and this idiot stealing? Naw man….all bad.
    ———————————-
    The Laptop was stolen while he was in a community college.

301.Gust372 Says:
    April 28th, 2011 at 3:55 pm

*********************************

No you dont get it man. He is a black athlete stealing from more than likely some white dude. I mean I understand all the “this” and “that” people wanna use to excuse him. I just see an ultra talented guy who will be a force and fall at the height of his stuff. That’s all. Your 3 year prediction I dont know but 5 I can see.

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

Laptop? A kid makes a bad (allegedly) choice nearly 3 years ago and we are still penalizing him for that? As far as i know he hasnt been in any trouble at all since leaving florida.

By the way this just in, Florida schools are havens for kids doing stupid things. that is why florida, fsu & miami are always in the news for players being arrested.

Cam was just another kid in a long long long line of youth getting caught up in the trappings of major college football under the florida sun.

• Dakota

302.Bauce Rules Says:
    April 28th, 2011 at 3:55 pm
    295.Gust372 Says:
    April 28th, 2011 at 3:49 pm
    Lakers aren’t going to the finals this year.

************************************

+++++++++

I thought so too until a few days ago, but there is a major rift in that team. The Lakers will take full advantage of said rift both this season and in the offseason when the Lakers get either Westbrook or Durant after one of them demands a trade.

• Gust372

Dakota, just don’t think the Lakers are as good this year as the past couple of years. Kobe shows more signs of aging every time he steps on the court.

• http://www.raiders.com/ r8eray

Bauce!!!
    What up mayne???
    Ready for this BIG DOGG??

• Gust372

You’re right, Brien. I don’t get it. He stole a lap top. OMG, call in the swat team!!!

305.KoolKell Says:
    April 28th, 2011 at 3:57 pm
    ———————————-
    The Laptop was stolen while he was in a community college.

*************************

Kell please stop. I dont have the time or energy for your nonsense with a good day like the draft starting in a few minutes. He was at Florida….are you crazy?

• http://www.pro-football-reference.com/ KoolKell

Newton stole the Laptop at a Community College.

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

Gust,

Dungy was fired unjustly, and a year too soon. had Tampa kept dungy they may have won 2 or 3 superbowls, instead of the 1 that dungy prepped for them

• http://www.pro-football-reference.com/ KoolKell

My bad!

311.Gust372 Says:
    April 28th, 2011 at 4:00 pm

**********************************

You dont see the guy in interviews. You can’t read that dude huh? Well I’ve grew fellas like that before. He will be great on the field and great partying at the same time until he does a crash n burn.

• irjonny

-kaepernick
    -wiz
    -mathews

could happen

• Gust372

Mistic, Dungy was there for 6 seasons! And I remember throughout his entire era Tampa had those great defenses but they couldn’t so much as move the ball an inch on offense. They were just putrid on offense. Gruden changed that.

• Dakota

“Newton allegedly stole a Dell laptop from a UF student’s dorm room and then threw it out of the window when University Police Department officers visited Newton’s dorm today, according to the UPD arrest report. Newton was booked at 2:25 p.m. after the alleged burglary was reported on Oct. 16, according to the report.”
    ++++++

UF is pretty much a community college, just one with a massive athletics department…..

310.r8eray Says:
    April 28th, 2011 at 4:00 pm
    Bauce!!!
    What up mayne???
    Ready for this BIG DOGG??

***************************

Real Ray i’m just chillin man enjoying the playoffs loving the spring. How you doin bruh?

Yeah I’m ready for this! I mean I have my opinion on what to do or whatever but who ever is drafted I’ma have to roll with them. We got exciting games this season….you gotta roll thru again!

• Gust372

Some of the same things were said about Stabler and Favre, Brien.

319.Dakota Says:
    April 28th, 2011 at 4:04 pm
    ++++++

************************************

Yawwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnn……this is beyond BS. Florida is a major state and an actual factor in people’s mind in American places to live. If you think their education is below par then sir you are badly misinformed.

• Gust372

I could have seen a young Ken Stabler stealing a laptop at Alabama…assuming there were laptops then.

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

Dungy needed a better o coordinator, he built that team. The yucs screwed him, and he went on to win anyway. Gruden rode his coat tails & his jock

321.Gust372 Says:
    April 28th, 2011 at 4:06 pm
    Some of the same things were said about Stabler and Favre, Brien.

*************************************

Stabler way different era and times have changed from when Bret was hittin the scene as a top player. Even he had to quit alot of his BS. Cam I dont think can. He wants the BIG SHHHHHHT in life…he wants to be an ICON.

• http://www.raiders.com/ r8eray

Hell yeah doggy…I’m thinking home opener!!

Who you like in the 2nd?

323.Gust372 Says:
    April 28th, 2011 at 4:06 pm

************************

Please he woulda been too drunk to complete the mission

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

kobe is finished, and so are the lakers. i cant see them winning it all IF they can get by okc

326.r8eray Says:
    April 28th, 2011 at 4:08 pm
    Hell yeah doggy…I’m thinking home opener!!

Who you like in the 2nd?

********************************

Marcus Cannon….think he is type of guy that can start on oline for a decade

• Dakota

spread offense
    one year wonder
    thief (laptop)
    liar (I didn’t know my Dad was pimping me out!)
    cheater (really need to cheat on a test at Florida?)

Yeah, sounds like a sure thing at the top of the draft. Good luck Panthers lol.

• Gust372

Mistic, it took Dungy 6 years to figure out he needed a better coordinator? Dungy’s a great defensive coach, and he was perfect in Indy because they already had an offensive machine in place. But he was dull on offense. Gruden gave that offense the spark it needed to win the Super Bowl.

• http://www.pro-football-reference.com/ KoolKell

Cam I dont think can. He wants the BIG SHHHHHHT in life…he wants to be an ICON.
    ——————————
    What’s wrong with that? So did Kobe…

• Gust372

So you get my point then, Brien. Stabler and Favre were rapscallions, too. I wouldn’t put it past Favre to gank someones computer when he was in college. It’s just the type of dumb s… young people do.

328.Mistic1 Tha Supavillain Says:
    April 28th, 2011 at 4:08 pm

**************************

OKC is a bad matchup for LA all over the board with Mohammed and Perkins there now. Ibaka is at the PF where is belongs. That changed the dynamics of how you have to guard those suckas now. It’s a wrap in the west. Durant is unstoppable

332.KoolKell Says:
    April 28th, 2011 at 4:10 pm
    Cam I dont think can. He wants the BIG SHHHHHHT in life…he wants to be an ICON.
    ——————————
    What’s wrong with that? So did Kobe…

*********************************

Kobe is a fking square from Italy alright and all he really loves is basketball. Cam loves the limelight more than football

• olinesux

time to order the colin k jersey….

• http://www.pro-football-reference.com/ KoolKell

Bauce Rules Says:
    April 28th, 2011 at 4:07 pm

Cam I dont think can. He wants the BIG SHHHHHHT in life…he wants to be an ICON.
    ————————————
    C’mon, you’re a wannabe, too.

• Gust372

If Favre can take a picture of his junk and send it to a female reporter, I’m pretty sure he could steal someone’s computer when he’s 20 years old. Yet, he’s a certain hall of famer. Regarded as one of the greatest leaders to ever play the game. So I’m very suspicious of people being so harsh on someone like Cam Newton for showing some of the same behavioral traits.

333.Gust372 Says:
    April 28th, 2011 at 4:10 pm

***********************************

Computers in Mississippi in the late 80s?

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

Gust,
    gruden inherited a sb team, bottom line. Gruden brought in brad johnson and benched shuan king, but his offense was by no means a Juggernaut. it was still a run first offense with alstot and dunn.

• http://www.raiders.com/ r8eray

Cannon..maybe in the 3rd!!!
    He’s a good O-line guy…like him. I’m thinking 0-line also.

• Gust372

Brien, I already said earlier, if computers were around at that time.

337.KoolKell Says:
    April 28th, 2011 at 4:12 pm
    Bauce Rules Says:
    April 28th, 2011 at 4:07 pm

Cam I dont think can. He wants the BIG SHHHHHHT in life…he wants to be an ICON.
    ————————————
    C’mon, you’re a wannabe, too.

*****************************

How am I a wannabe? How is trying to be cool with Raider bretheren a wannabe?

The wannabe is you Kell. You wannabe someone elite over others and we aren’t buying it. I’m actually a genuinely cool cat and folks from blog can vouch for that. No one wants to meet you unless its to physically attack you. You are a piece of work and people and Kane & Associates know it well

• Gust372

Mistic, Gruden did not inherit a SB team. He inherited a great defensive team with one of the worst offenses in the league, made the offense competitive, and brought Tampa Bay their first Lombardi trophy.

• Dakota

o-line
    o-line
    o-line

Why are you people calling for the Raiders to take a project QB?

Name the last project QB the Raiders drafted and then developed into a successful QB…..

O-LINE!

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

OKc may make it to the finals, but they wont beat boston. boston has bigs that play d and can score. i dont think westbrook and durant will be quiet as good around the basket against them. Okc only has 1 decent perimeter defender james hardin. durant and westbrook dont guard any body.

342.Gust372 Says:
    April 28th, 2011 at 4:14 pm
    Brien, I already said earlier, if computers were around at that time.

****************************

Computers were around in the late 80s man! Mississippi just didnt have them

• Gust372

Brien, everything you say of Cam Newton could have been said of Favre or Stabler when they were his age, except that you add this sort of urban, ghetto twist to Newton’s persona. Seems anti-black, to me.

345.Dakota Says:
    April 28th, 2011 at 4:15 pm
    o-line
    o-line
    o-line

Why are you people calling for the Raiders to take a project QB?

O-LINE!

**************************

Agreed

• Dakota

Watch out Brien, KK won’t show up again, but he might send his wife to fight you this time.