Live Raiders chat during NFL draft, 3 p.m.

By Jon Becker
Friday, April 29th, 2011 at 10:26 am in Live chats, Oakland Raiders.

Join Raiders writers Jerry McDonald and Steve Corkran for a live chat during the NFL draft on Friday at 3 p.m.

This chat Sponsored by Big 5 Sporting Goods

CB Ras-I Dowling
    LB Martez Wilson
    DE Jabaal Sheard
    RB Ryan Williams
    DT Stephen Paea
    WR Randall Cobb

not in any particular order …

at this point the Raiders can choose from Mallett, Dalton, Kaepernick at QB or Hudson, Ijalana, Franklin, Wisniewski on the O-Line

• Gust372

Jon can I get an estimate as to which approximate time the Raiders will pick today? I’m not sitting around all day. Forget it.

My prediction at #48:

QB’s Dalton & Mallett will be off the board.

O-Liners Rodney Hudson, Benjamin Ijalana & Orlando Franklin will all be gone

CB’s Aaron Williams, Brandon Harris & Ras-I Dowling will be gone as well.

at that point we’ll be able to take Colin Kaepernick or Stefan Wisniewski

• guest123

I hope we can get Kappy. If we can get him at 48, and keep our picks.

• aig-raiders

Been saying all along, there is no way in hell Hue Jack believes Jason is the answer. Kappy is Hue’s version of Flacco. The Raiders are gonna go hard for him, unless Al overrule and go after Mallet.

• http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Davis The Realist Dirty Raccoon

22.The Realist Dirty Raccoon Says:
    April 29th, 2011 at 10:41 am
    1.Gust372 Says:
    April 29th, 2011 at 10:05 am
    I’m looking for Hue Jackson picks. If I see Al Davis picks, I’ll know the playoff-less slump continues.

*********

Ok, thanks. I know many of us were wondering what MR was looking for in the draft.
    It is good to know you think we are a “Hue” pick away from making the playoffs.

• guest123

15 picks is a long time to wait in the warroom. Al has to keep his poker face and hope Kappy falls to him. It could be Mallet as plan B. Just don’t trade up!

• http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Davis The Realist Dirty Raccoon

By the way, Colin Kapeernicker is an AL DAVIS pick.

Wassup peoples!

DMAC Says:
    April 29th, 2011 at 10:43 am
    Wassup peoples!

***

hey

• http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Davis The Realist Dirty Raccoon

2.Gust372 Says:
    April 29th, 2011 at 10:31 am

********

Why? Thay is all you do anyway. Want proof? Go back and look at all of the older posts… MR all day, all night every day. I can see you have job MR, it is licking Raider Al’s boots!

• DMAC

Whats the deal w/ Cannon?
    Cancer????

• guest123

Ravens asking Chicago for compensatory pick for botching their trade.

**********
    SANTA CLARA, Calif. — Before I get to the story of the night, the mega-trade between Cleveland and Atlanta that I’m sure made Sean Payton cringe, an explanation of the weirdness that happened with Baltimore on the clock at pick 26, weirdness that is not over:

Chicago, picking 29th, and Baltimore, at 26, finalized a trade that would have had them switch slots, with the Ravens getting the Bears’ fourth-round pick in return. Chicago would take Wisconsin tackle Gabe Carimi, and the Ravens, if Colorado cornerback Jimmy Smith was still on the board, would take Smith at 29. With two minutes left in the Ravens’ period, the deal was done.

Under NFL rules, each team has to report the trade to NFL draft headquarters at Radio City Music Hall. The Ravens called it in. They assumed Chicago called it in, but due to a miscommunication in the Bears’ draft room, no one from Chicago ever called the league. As the clock ticked down to zero, and with Chicago on the phone with Carimi to tell him he was going to be their pick, Baltimore noticed no one at the league had announced the trade and Chicago’s pick of Carimi. Meanwhile, Kansas City, with the 27th pick, rushed its card to the desk at Radio City, taking Pittsburgh wideout Jonathan Baldwin.

Ravens GM Ozzie Newsome, on an open line to New York, demanded to know why the trade hadn’t gone through. Chicago never called to confirm it, Newsome was told. Baltimore was infuriated. The league didn’t allow the trade. The Ravens picked Smith at 27 (not 26; Kansas City was awarded the 26th pick and took Baldwin, because the Chiefs got the pick in before the Ravens did), and the Bears got lucky, getting Carimi at 29.

“Whatever you hear, Baltimore did everything the right way,” Bears GM Jerry Angelo told Chicago media. “There were a lot of things happening in the draft room. We were getting a lot of calls, we just … dropped the ball. I dropped the ball. I can’t say anything more than that.”

All’s well that ends well, you say? Not so fast. Angelo called Baltimore owner Steve Bisciotti to apologize, but Bisciotti wanted the fourth-round pick anyway, claiming it was part of the deal they’d agreed to. In fact, I’m told Bisciotti today will push to get the fourth-round pick, or to make the situation right in some way.

The league is under no obligation to do so, because the trade was never official. And maybe all’s fair in love and draft-night trades, but as far as Baltimore’s concerned, I don’t think this one’s over. I think the Ravens will ask the league to award them some compensation from Chicago before the draft resumes at 6 p.m. Eastern today. Stay tuned

• http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Davis The Realist Dirty Raccoon

Good mornin DMAC, Aig, RR, MR, NATION.

Raider on my brothers…

• http://www.raiders.com/ r8eray

DMAC Says:
    April 29th, 2011 at 10:43 am
    Wassup peoples!

***

hey

***

yo

Wassup Ray, Racoon, guest

• guest123

3 different 2nd round mocks I have each have Dalton to the Bengals and Kappy to the Redskins.

• http://www.raiders.com/ r8eray

Kiper’s mock didn’t have a ton of surprises for the AFC West. However, if McShay’s mock goes to form, the AFC West is going to be in the spotlight Friday night.

McShay tabs Arkansas quarterback Ryan Mallett going to Oakland at No. 48. I have to say, if Mallett falls, he could be a possibility for Oakland. Quarterback isn’t the Raiders’ most pressing need, but he would be a nice long-term prospect and a good value at No. 48.

• DMAC

I got a gut feeling that Al is going to trade up 2day. That’s fine w/ me as long as he doesn’t give up too much.

R8eray,

I agree about Mallet.

Either Kappy or Mallet is a long term prospect that needs developing. Neither is worth extra picks to trade up for. Some quality is going to be there at #48. Just have to be patient.

DMAC Says:
    April 29th, 2011 at 11:01 am

*********

Unless it’s an extra 5th rounder, it’s not worth it.

• DMAC

So what’s the deal w/ Cannon?
    Cancer or what?

• RaiderRetribution

Raiders should only trade up for D. Bowers, all others sit back at #48; should Bowers, Kaepernick, Wisniewski, Rudoplh, Harris, Brown, Hudson,Franklin all go before Raiders selection, then trade back.

Off subject but………..

Fairly lined up next to Suh.
    DAMN. That’s pretty scary.

DMAC Says:
    April 29th, 2011 at 11:06 am
    Off subject but………..

Fairly lined up next to Suh.
    DAMN. That’s pretty scary.

********
    yeah, they are going to knock Jay Cutler out. It’ll be fun to watch.

• DMAC

I say we pass on Rudolph, unless we’re not bringing back Miller, which I hardly doubt. I’d take a shot at Cameron in the late rounds.

• http://www.raiders.com/ r8eray

Reggie Bush Rumors:
    He’s heading back to his hometown?
    San Diego might be an option with Darren Sproles heading to free agency!

DMAC Says:
    April 29th, 2011 at 11:08 am

*******
    This really a concern? Didn’t they tender a 1st and 3rd for Miller? No team is going to pay Miller the money he wants and the picks.

r8eray Says:
    April 29th, 2011 at 11:10 am

Reggie Bush Rumors:
    He’s heading back to his hometown?
    San Diego might be an option with Darren Sproles heading to free agency!
    ========
    Great news for Romac!
    More shrimps to crush!

• guest123

Reggie Bush: “It’s been fun, New Orleans”

• http://www.raiders.com/ r8eray

DMAC Says:
    April 29th, 2011 at 11:11 am
    r8eray Says:
    April 29th, 2011 at 11:10 am

Reggie Bush Rumors:
    He’s heading back to his hometown?
    San Diego might be an option with Darren Sproles heading to free agency!
    ========
    Great news for Romac!
    More shrimps to crush!

==============

Body SLAM just like Amendola!

• DMAC

I got 2 guys from Stanford and Cal on my list, that may not even be drafted. Mohammed and Whalen should seriously get a look at if they go undrafted. I’m not convinced on Ricky Brown as our back-up MLB and I believe Whalen could be a great possession receiver that has great hands.

Ray,
    I think I like the hit on Sproles better. Both were great though.

• DMAC

The NFL lockout went back into effect Friday after the Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals in St. Louis granted the owners’ side a “stay” of Judge Susan Nelson’s lockout injunction.
    If you’re confused, just know you aren’t alone. Teams are now kicking players out of their facilities, and free agency and trades are unlikely to be allowed for at least a week, if not 6-8. The Eighth Circuit is known to be a Republican-heavy court notorious for conservative decisions, so no one should be surprised by its decision. Kevin Kolb won’t be traded during the draft, and free agent Nnamdi Asomugha isn’t signing anywhere anytime soon.

• CJ Legend 34

Reggie Bush costs to much money for a situational back who is really a small WR.

• guest123

Hear that Reggie Bush’s contract for 2011 is over $11 million, but he is willing to restructure.

• RaiderRetribution

DMAC, I love it, ” More shrimps to crush!” that is in the top ten all-time quotes for INSB/CCT blogs!

• Silverandblack666

CJ

Bush is a situational player and worked well on NO because they could get him outside at times to use his speed for long gains.

I think we all knew coming out of college there was no way he could be an every down between the tackles kind of runner.

The fact that he cant seem to understand that and take a pay cut to stay there tells me he is not a team guy but a me guy.

• RaiderRetribution

I completely agree with your take (and Irvin’s) on the Lions getting Fairly teaming up next Suh!

(I figured Lions were either going to go with Liguet or Fairly once they both fell)

Cutler going down, Peterson will have to run to the outside (Ponder is a rookie, welcome to the NFL), Rogers is going to be bull rushed for 60 minutes.

and if Detroit moves up to draft D. Bowers…

VandenBoesch Suh Fairley Bowers

Ouch!!!

Now the question is….
    If Mallet and Kappy are both there, who is Al going to select?

• mcskinnnylegs

falcons give 4 picks including there next 1st to get j.jones and its a great move.if that was the raiders it would be annointed the dumb a.d. trade of the year.bspn…..losers

• Silverandblack666

Guest123

Bush refuses to restructure his contract which is why the drafted Ingram.

• mcskinnnylegs

piere thomas is injured thats why they drafted ingram

DMAC Says:
    April 29th, 2011 at 11:33 am
    Now the question is….
    If Mallet and Kappy are both there, who is Al going to select?

*******

They already said they wanted Kappy as the #1 QB on their board. I don’t think they are playing games.

• los9091

ESPN has the Raiders picking 16th and 49th in the 2cnd Rnd. Did they make a trade to move up that we didnt hear about???

• mcskinnnylegs

when u see that

• los9091

Nevermind my last post…i read it wrong.

• Silverandblack666

Mcskinnnylegs

its hard to dispute anything Atlanta does as they have made some very solid moves over the last 3 years.

When Vick was arrested and Parcells snubbed Atlanta for Miami most of us had written them off as bottom feeders for the coming years.

But hiring a real good coach, clever drafting (Matt Ryan) some key free agents acquisitions (Turner Gonzales) and they are contenders now.

It seems to me that they are making all the right moves so I cant say that was a bad trade.

• mcskinnnylegs

bengals want dalton

• CJ Legend 34

45.los9091 Says:
    April 29th, 2011 at 11:40 am

—————————

WHat??? There is no 16th in the second round. Makes no sense dude.