An all-hands-on-deck ticket plan

Leave it to Amy Trask to figure out a way for Raiders employees to spend their down time.

The Raiders CEO announced to club employees March 11 they would all become part of the ticket-selling department.

Sounds crazy on its face, but it beats being out of a job, furloughed or taking a pay cut.

It goes like this _ sell either season tickets or suite tickets (single game or annual) to reach or exceed 10 percent of your monthly salary and it’s all good. A person making $60,000 per year would need to sell $500 worth of season tickets per month. Trask points out that’s about two season tickets. The lockout has gone on for 10 weeks, but employees have until the first preseason game to meet their goals.

When I spoke to her today, Trask wouldn’t say what happens if someone doesn’t meet the quota, choosing instead to focus on the positive and believing that it was a “can do” plan.

Here’s a link to a Sports Digest lead I filed for Thursday’s Bay Area Newsgroup papers.

“To my knowledge, no one else is doing this,” Trask said. “that’s not to say it’s not happening somewhere in the world. I’m just not aware of it.”

On the first day of the plan Trask said an assistant coach sold five club seats. She declined to name the coach, and also declined to say whose idea it was to have everyone in the building _ including Trask and coach Hue Jackson _ become a seller for “new buyers.”

If it all seems to be a bit of a cluster-you-know-what, with no specific selling territories and sellers potentially working the same clients, the organizational philosophy, Trask said, is one of cooperation.

“There are a handful of people that may be intimidated by this, but what we’re trying to do is work with them and say, `Let’s help you accomplish your goals,’ ” Trask said. “How do we give you the tools and resources you need? Maybe someone has a great lead from their church or gym. We say, IL< give the lead to the ticket sales department, they’ll help you close that.”

The Raiders declined to make any assistant coaches available, but that didn’t stop defensive coordinator Chuck Bresnahan from talking to USA Today. Bresnahan apparently wasn’t the guy who sold the club seats, but wasn’t worried about meeting his quota.

“I’ve got to sell millionaires in a room every day to run and crash heads,” Bresnahan said. “So this is easy.”

The Raiders averaged just 46,431 in eight regular season home games last year with a season-ticket base of approximately 23,000, so there are plenty of seats available.

Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer

• http://www.pro-football-reference.com/ KoolKell

I remember the Great Raider O-Lines vs the Great Steeler D-Lines.

Great battles, but I think the Steelers won most of those games.

• Dakota

198.J Hill Says:
    May 19th, 2011 at 12:52 pm
    Dakota,

What would be scary is going into the season with the same line we had last year. You’ve been screaming for Oline changes via the draft, now you have them.

__________

I didn’t ask for 4th rounders or guys taken in the 2nd round who have 4th round talent to be the answer for the o-line.

Dakota Says:
    May 19th, 2011 at 12:48 pm
    How many sacks did Veldheer give up last season?

How hid the run game perform when Loper was playing LG for Gallery?

How many scouts had Wiz as a second rounder?

Campbell has zero experience.

A rookie at RT?

That is some scary azzzz stuff. That cannot be the o-line we go into 2011 with.
    ********************************

Logan Mankins and Harvey Dahl would be most ideal if we could swing it

KoolKell Says:
    May 19th, 2011 at 12:55 pm
    I remember the Great Raider O-Lines vs the Great Steeler D-Lines.

Great battles, but I think the Steelers won most of those games.
    ***********************************

Raiders oline still had ability to beat a team though and did. Steelers owned that decade as evidenced bythe titles but Raiders proved they can beat a dominant dline

• Bauce Rules

Jhill you honestly think the Raiders are gonna go into a season where the expectations are high with 4 super young olinemen and a journeyman guard? To protect Campbell without a vet WR?

This will not lead to anything but a 6-10 campaign

• DaveB

Why whine about penalties?
    Whining about penalties is for losers.
    If you want to direct the blame on bad coaching, coaching changes, etc for lack of discipline, then go for it.
    But to whine about refs is for children.
    Every team gets penalties.
    Every team can submit calls for ref review/discipline.
    Turns out refs makes mistakes on every team throughout the year.
    Stop crying. Makes you look the fool.

• J Hill

——————————————————

C’s are usually taken in the 2nd rd or later.

OGs are usually taken in rd 3 or later.

RTs are usually taken in the 2nd or 3rd rd.

Seems like we are right on track except for the 3rd round LT.

• http://www.pro-football-reference.com/ KoolKell

DaveB Says:
    May 19th, 2011 at 12:59 pm

Why whine about penalties?
    Whining about penalties is for losers.
    ————————————–
    Agreed, whining about penalties and wild conspiracies is for losers.

I didnt mean harvey Dahl lol…I meant Duece Luiti…..damn the purple lol

• aig-raiders

Bauce,

Let’s take his 7 wins and pls break down for me how he was instrumental in winning those 7 games. You’re football expert right? I look forward to you breaking down the games and JC was instrumental to winning those games for me.

Here’s a prediction for you, I guarantee that you will drop JC like a hot potato by the 8th game of the season. Guaranteed!

I’ll send you a gift cert for a 12 pack of beer at Safeway if JC is not benched by that time.

• J Hill

B,

I think that Veldheer will be our starting LT.

I think Wiz will start on the Oline.

I’m pretty sure Bruce Campbell will be starting on the line somewhere.

I’d be surprised if we paid Loper that kinda change to sit on the sideline.

You know what they say about 1+1 …

• aig-raiders

I can already see JC’s excuse for the 2011 season failure…oh the Oline sucked. IMO, it can’t be any worst off than the ones we had in the past few years.

• Dakota

Hard to have faith that Campbell and Veldheer can make a great jump from year one to year two, or that two rookies can jump into the mix without the benefit of an offseason….no offense to the merry bunch working out in Atl.

• Bauce Rules

Logan Mankins has been franchised but under new cba you dont know what is gonna happen with that. He would be perfect the LG to help Veldheer and Wiz tremendously. He aint happy with what New England is doing with his contract. Al will pay that mutha some long term dough for sure. He can run block and pass block. He is smart and very tough

Now Duece Lutui is a talented young guy who is big as well. He has deep postseason experience and can help Wiz and whatever young RT wins in Napa. 2010 he didnt play well which I say good! Now we can get him at not such a high price

Time to be mean and nasty again

• Just Fire Baby

Last year was the best O-line we fielded in years.

• Dakota

Broncos turned down Hardknocks too….interesting.

Aig-Raiders Says:
    May 19th, 2011 at 1:02 pm
    Bauce,

*****************************************

There is one indisputable fact in football….the qb position is only one that has W-L stat attached to it.

I wouldnt say I’m an expert on football. That’s overstating it. I’m a Raider though. I feel I got better than average knowledge on it. I just know how to present an argument

So what u are saying is by midseason JC wont be QBing for the Raiders due to performance?

Aig-Raiders Says:
    May 19th, 2011 at 1:04 pm
    **************************

Excuse time has run out for alot of people just not JC. 2011 you need to win division and be in playoffs. Simple as that

• Bauce Rules

But giving him a oline of 4 super green lineman and a scrub isnt helping him for damn sure. I know you agree?

• DKnight007

216.Dakota Says:
    May 19th, 2011 at 1:13 pm
    Broncos turned down Hardknocks too….interesting.

^^^^^^^
    They don’t need to be on the spotlight, they need worry about getting better.

They should just have the Packers be on Hard Knocks and get it over with.

Dakota Says:
    May 19th, 2011 at 1:13 pm
    Broncos turned down Hardknocks too….interesting.
    **************************

LOL….so if it is the Raiders….Chad for sure is coming to Oakland. It would be comedy

• DaveB

Face it. We might just be the worst of all time at either signing qb’s, or developing them.
    Each year it seems the same arguments are on almost every Raider board, that we need a franchise qb, or that posters are tired of picking up projects, or retreads.
    I know I am, because this story gets old, and the exchanges are predictable.

• Pingback: Raiders Camp Proves Owners Wrong in Lockout — likespor

• DKnight007

The O-Linemen better have Hue Jacksons playbook and they better be studying that sucker hard while working out on their own and getting stronger! Especially getting stronger on the legs!

• aig-raiders

What I’m saying is JC is useless. He aint starter material in this league other than for 2 franchises. One that drafted him in the first round and one that had the owner boasting him as the savior.

A good QB should not be benched again and again. I dare anyone to tell me JC will not be benched in 2011. If you think he is that good for us than you should be willing to state that he will not be benched in 2011. I know 100% he will be benched again. I have no doubts about that.

• http://www.pro-football-reference.com/ KoolKell

With only 22,000 season ticket holders, Al Davis should jump all over HBO’s Hardknocks.

All he has to do is stay out of sight.

DKnight007 Says:
    May 19th, 2011 at 1:19 pm
    216.Dakota Says:
    May 19th, 2011 at 1:13 pm
    Broncos turned down Hardknocks too….interesting.

^^^^^^^
    They don’t need to be on the spotlight, they need worry about getting better.

They should just have the Packers be on Hard Knocks and get it over with.
    *********************************

Yeah I can see that Packers may not even be interested. Al’s old ass may say “Fk it, bring their cameras but I want executive control of what is broadcasted or you can go straight to hell”

• DKnight007

5.Dr. Hunter S. Thompson Says:
    May 18th, 2011 at 9:00 pm
    The good news is you’re fired. The bad news is you got all you got, just one week to regain your job, starting with tonight, starting with tonight’s sits. Oh, have I got your attention now? Good. ‘Cause we’re adding a little something to this month’s sale contest. As you all know, first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anybody want to see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is your fired. You get the picture? You laughing now? You got leads. Al Davis paid good money. Get their names to sell them. You can’t close the leads you’re given, you can’t close $hit, you are $hit, hit the bricks pal and beat it ’cause you are going out.

Go Raiders!

Lemmon: The leads are weak.

^^^^^^^^
    Glengarry Glenn Ross!

Great movie! LOL!

• DaveB

Since Plunkett, the following qb’s have been named starter, at some point. (I think that’s everyone)

Marc Wilson
    Andrew Walter
    Josh McCown
    Daunte Culpepper
    JaMarcus Russell
    Bruce Gradkowski
    Jason Campbell

That list pretty much sums up one of our biggest problems, which is bad choices on who’s behind center.

Aig-Raiders Says:
    May 19th, 2011 at 1:21 pm

******************************

I doubt he will be benched for performance AIG. Wishful thinking on your part but he is one of the leaders of this team and is taking on a leadership role. Saying he is useless is showing you have an aqenda in the whole matter. You are denying factual things

KoolKell Says:
    May 19th, 2011 at 1:21 pm

All he has to do is stay out of sight.
    *********************************

Please Al needs a 5 minute segment of just him talking every episode

• DaveB

HBO and Raiders in hard knocks?
    Can’t see HBO ever making the offer, actually. Al wants control over everything, which means it won’t ever happen.

• J Hill

I can’t see Campbell being benched in favor of Boeller.

That would mean the wheels would have completely come off, and we’re headed towarsd Andrew Luck.

• Dakota

Hardknocks is gonna be a two week deal this year anyhow due to the lockout….it will be a cool two weeks though….chaos baby!

• DaveB

“I doubt he will be benched for performance AIG.”

JC already got benched for non-performance, more than once.

And by Hue.

Hue’s azz is on the line.
    First year as HC.
    If JC does another swandive and has a game or two of low qb ratings, and grumblings start, only a fool would leave him in, and Hue doesn’t appear to be a fool.

If you are saying he won’t have any bad performance games?
    You apparently didn’t see him play last year.
    He’s very capable of a bad game.

• http://www.pro-football-reference.com/ KoolKell

So, Rod Woodson has to sell season tickets now, seriously?

• Dakota

new post

DaveB Says:
    May 19th, 2011 at 1:29 pm
    “I doubt he will be benched for performance AIG.”

JC already got benched for non-performance, more than once.

And by Hue.

Hue’s azz is on the line.
    First year as HC.

If you are saying he won’t have any bad performance games?
    You apparently didn’t see him play last year.
    He’s very capable of a bad game.
    ********************************

I’m more than positive he will have more than one bad game. I never said he is a great QB and even they have bad games. Hue is not fool you are right thats why JC is starting in 2011. He leading the offense still did very well despite your criticism of him. He will complete 60 pct of his passes is mobile and has strong enough of an arm to make all the throws. That is not a garbage QB.

• noteasilyimpressed

MistaBrown Says:
    May 19th, 2011 at 10:29 am
    I would do that deal in a heartbeat.
    ____

J Hill Says:
    May 19th, 2011 at 10:09 am

Should we trade our next year’s #1 pick to the Eagles for Kolb?

Personally, I wouldn’t have a problem with that.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////

If you’re going to use a 1st rd pick on any QB, shouldn’t you try and use it with other picks for a top notch QB like Andrew Luck?

• Pingback: Earls Court Plastering

• Pingback: Aviara

• Pingback: trading software

• Pingback: how to increase twitter followers

• Pingback: รายได้เสริมทางเน็ต