An all-hands-on-deck ticket plan

Leave it to Amy Trask to figure out a way for Raiders employees to spend their down time.

The Raiders CEO announced to club employees March 11 they would all become part of the ticket-selling department.

Sounds crazy on its face, but it beats being out of a job, furloughed or taking a pay cut.

It goes like this _ sell either season tickets or suite tickets (single game or annual) to reach or exceed 10 percent of your monthly salary and it’s all good. A person making $60,000 per year would need to sell $500 worth of season tickets per month. Trask points out that’s about two season tickets. The lockout has gone on for 10 weeks, but employees have until the first preseason game to meet their goals.

When I spoke to her today, Trask wouldn’t say what happens if someone doesn’t meet the quota, choosing instead to focus on the positive and believing that it was a “can do” plan.

Here’s a link to a Sports Digest lead I filed for Thursday’s Bay Area Newsgroup papers.

“To my knowledge, no one else is doing this,” Trask said. “that’s not to say it’s not happening somewhere in the world. I’m just not aware of it.”

On the first day of the plan Trask said an assistant coach sold five club seats. She declined to name the coach, and also declined to say whose idea it was to have everyone in the building _ including Trask and coach Hue Jackson _ become a seller for “new buyers.”

If it all seems to be a bit of a cluster-you-know-what, with no specific selling territories and sellers potentially working the same clients, the organizational philosophy, Trask said, is one of cooperation.

“There are a handful of people that may be intimidated by this, but what we’re trying to do is work with them and say, `Let’s help you accomplish your goals,’ ” Trask said. “How do we give you the tools and resources you need? Maybe someone has a great lead from their church or gym. We say, IL< give the lead to the ticket sales department, they’ll help you close that.”

The Raiders declined to make any assistant coaches available, but that didn’t stop defensive coordinator Chuck Bresnahan from talking to USA Today. Bresnahan apparently wasn’t the guy who sold the club seats, but wasn’t worried about meeting his quota.

“I’ve got to sell millionaires in a room every day to run and crash heads,” Bresnahan said. “So this is easy.”

The Raiders averaged just 46,431 in eight regular season home games last year with a season-ticket base of approximately 23,000, so there are plenty of seats available.

Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer

• Dakota

AIG,

In reading the game summaries from the Titans 2009 season, particularly the 5 game winning streak after the 0-6 start one name really stood out….Chris Johnson….not Vince Young.

Young did lead them to a come from behind win against the Cards, but otherwise it looked like the Chris Johnson show. His passing stats in the other games? 139 yards, 172 yards, 210 yards, 116 yards. Yeah he really carried them.

Face it, the Titans were forced to dummy down their offense with Young and the focus went to the running game, which turned into a great plan and they won. If you would like to give VY credit for being so bad they had to go away from the passing game then I will leave you to it lol.

• J Hill

The extra harsh stuff he is getting from some on this blog is beyond crazy to me.

——————————————————-

Like I said, it’s more about Boeller to me.

I’d feel a lot better about how the the organization felt about JC if he hadn’t been benched twice last year and had a contract past this year.

I’m just a bit nervous that at this point, we have NOTHING at QB past this year. I don’t think it’s too early to address our QB situation for next year. I’d hate to be sitting here next year with a failed JC experiment and nothing to fall back on.

• Bauce Rules

J Hill Says:
    May 19th, 2011 at 11:52 am
    Dutch,

B Campbell may very well get a shot at RT. Heck, I wouldn’t be surprised to see him line up at LT.

I just know him and Loper will be starting somewhere.

Barksdale may be the rookie that get phased in. But at what position? Would be really surprised to see him at OG.

I guess it could be Veldheer-Loper-Wiz-Carlisle-Campbell.
    ******************************

Makes zero sense now to put Campbell at RG now that we have killed the ZBS. His athleticism will be more needed outside against edge rushers IMO

Loper is insurance they not starting that cat if the players give up mid summer and free agency starts. They know he isnt a NFL starter

• J Hill

Is Charlie Frye signed for this year?

——————————————————-

I actually like him better than Boeller.

I never understood why Gardowski was ahead of him that preseason Garcia was here.

If for nothing else, the laughs at all the pads that guy put on.

• http://www.pro-football-reference.com/ KoolKell

Raiders have the lowest attendance in the NFL. I wonder if the Dallas Cowboy coaches or the Denver Bronco coaches are charged with selling tickets right now?

• Dakota

We can’t have Boller as the #2 QB….I hope Frye can come back.

Boller is sh1111111ty.

• J Hill

Makes zero sense now to put Campbell at RG now that we have killed the ZBS.

——————————————————-

So why did we draft Barksdale?

• Bauce Rules

Jhill….look at the round we drafted both guys in…..isnt it obvious why we drafted him?

• J Hill

…..isnt it obvious why we drafted him?

——————————————————-

Round 2 draft picks should start.

Players that we trade next year’s #2 for should start.

So if we drafted Barksdale to start, and Veldheer is starting, how do you have Campbell at OT?

• aig-raiders

Dakota,

You’re judging VY based on a conventional QB format and that is wrong. VY will never be conventional. VY uses his legs and threatens you with it. Why do you think CJ started running better with VY back there? Perhaps they have to now put a spy on the QB rather than focusing directly on CJ. Here’s my bottomline, 0-6 with Kerry Collins and 7-8 in the next 8 games with VY. They both had the exact same supporting cast.

• Pingback: Oakland Raiders Links That You’ll Want To See May 19, 2011 | Raiders Central | Oakland Raiders Blog

• Just Fire Baby

Better offense beats better defense right?

***********************

Bauce,

As far as elite play-makers and QB’s yes, but I have always believed D-line is the 2nd most important position (behind QB) because a dominant D-line will smash on the dominant O-lines 9 times out of 10.

Look at us vs. the Ravens in 2000. We had what was AT LEAST considered a very good O-line, and we stood zero chance.

The Steelers are the Steelers, the Ravens are the Ravens, and the Packers are the SB champs, because no matter who they play, up front defensively, they are going to cause havoc, week in and week out.

• Dakota

I’ll take Jeff Fisher’s word on VY.

• http://www.cnn.com RAIDER

Kell, look at the bright side. If nobody buys tickets, Raider execs start getting the ax, right? I’d say the boycotts are finally starting to have some teeth!

• Just Fire Baby

They only way I would want VY here, is if we shipped off Soup to get him.

VY will not be a good #2 in this league, he is a starter or bust.

He will plead to the media, and on twitter to start if he is not starting, will be a distraction and won’t be the traditional rah-rah, heady backup QB SUPPORTING the starter that teams want from their #2.

• J Hill

I can’t roll with the VY propoganda.

I hate that guy. Put the quitting and sissy stuff with his lack of passing skills, and he is just not who I want running my team.

I think I would honestly want Russell back before I welcomed VY to SnB.

• http://www.cnn.com RAIDER

Campbell is another typical Al Davis QB. Tall, slow release, another Kerry Collins. Worked out well last time…

• http://www.raiders.com/ r8eray

RichGannon12 Rich Gannon
    Love what Seymour and Campbell are doing with the Raiders in Atlanta! Leadership taking hold in Oakland…I love it!

• irjonny

Raiders have the lowest attendance in the NFL. I wonder if the Dallas Cowboy coaches are charged with selling tickets right now?
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

nope they are taking pay cuts

• http://www.cnn.com RAIDER

Young’s not the answer. Too many mental issues. We really should have kept Gradkowski, and then made a move for a QB in the draft this year. Think 3 years ahead, like the good teams in the league. But nope. We live for the now. And of course, Al Davis’s now is 1967.

• aig-raiders

Bauce,

dude, you dumped JC after the Niners game and got back on his bandwagon at the end of the year. Fck Grad, he’s gone. Is qualifying a Raider Starting QB based on what he does vs Grad or whether he is good enough to carry his team in this league? I tend to measure JC up against the winning QB’s in our league. 7-5 is nothing to brag about considering it has been proven that he was merely riding the ground game’s coat tail rather than leading that 7-5 record.

• J Hill

——————————————————-

Disagree.

I think Aaron Rogers had a little something to do with this.

And the Steelers minus Hairamaulu are nothing more than average.

• irjonny

there are plenty of qbs on the market and we will have one to compete for no.2

sucks this lockout won’t be over at least till july maybe longer.

• http://www.pro-football-reference.com/ KoolKell

The Raiders also have the worse attendance on the road.

• http://www.cnn.com RAIDER

Campbell’s a “leader” because he’s working out in the off season? Don’t most players work out in the off season? Typical of Raider fans to assume their players to be “leaders” for merely showing up. Guess that’s how pathetic it’s gotten. I’m going to wait till Campbell shows leadership skills on the field before I call him a leader. I’m quirky that way.

• J Hill

—————————————————–

And that is about all we need if the offense is run correctly.

We should feature McFadden and Bush no matter who the QB is.

I’d be happy with something like 15/25 220 yds 2 TDs 1 int from our QB week in and week out.

• http://www.cnn.com RAIDER

Kell, basically Al Davis is a burden on the league. He loses the league money year after year. Yet he’s this humble, little old man who’s being picked on by the league, according to his followers. Yeah. They’re picking on him so much, they’ve made no moves whatsoever to get rid of him, even though he’s a money pit.

• Raider E

RAIDER Says:
    May 19th, 2011 at 12:24 pm

===================

RichGannon12 Rich Gannon

===================

THERE GOES YOUR IMAGE OF GANNON, FUKF*CE :)

• http://www.cnn.com RAIDER

I don’t know what your point is, Raider E, but I’ll say that Gannon at least proved to be a leader on the field as well as off. Campbell is yet to do that.

• DKnight007

136.Dakota Says:
    May 19th, 2011 at 11:33 am
    Hill Says:
    May 19th, 2011 at 11:31 am
    Our Oline is going to be …

Veldheer-Loper-Wiz-Campbell-Barksdale

You’re in denial if you think it wii go any other way.

________________________

Might be, so we better start planning for a top 10 pick again.

^^^^^^^^
    It worries me about having a whole starters on the O-Line this upcoming year.

3 rookies (Wiz, Campbell redshirt, Barksdale)a 2nd year player Veldheer and a backup Loper as the 2011 starting O-Line??

Ugh….They better ALL step it the hell up!

• aig-raiders

And that is about all we need if the offense is run correctly.

We should feature McFadden and Bush no matter who the QB is.

————————–

Agreed. If Hue plays it just like he called it against SD in SD last year, then I can see us making the playoffs. If not, good luck to another disappointing season.

Only winning formula I see for 2011, #1 ground game, top 3 D, and top 5 spec team. I dont even bother counting our passing game due to our poor QB and WR’s.

If Hue gets happy with trying to prove Al’s passing game, then we are fcked!!!!

• Raider E

It figures you wouldnt get it, tell you what, why dont you get my 20 bucks ho????

• Bauce Rules

KoolKell Says:
    May 19th, 2011 at 11:58 am

*************************************

It doesnt stop ever lol….got a link?

• irjonny

raiders camp in georgia is supposed to have an 11 on 11 scrimmage with the falcons. pretty cool

• DKnight007

149.Bauce Rules Says:
    May 19th, 2011 at 11:50 am
    Aig-Raiders Says:
    May 19th, 2011 at 11:35 am
    Veldheer-Loper-Wiz-Campbell-Barksdale
    ———-

Agreed and for better or worst, I’m rolling with that line. Might as well see what these young kids can do.
    *******************************

Not good enough to improve from 8-8. Those young kids need some real time starting NFL type vets in between them to help the learning curve. Blitzes and Stunts…all that shhht they’ll read faster than the other crap you are suggesting

^^^^^^^^
    Yep. Too many young kids on that O-Line with limited pro experience. There will be a learning curve.

If this happens….expect the O-Line to take a step back from last years O-Line.

Last years starting O-Line started off slow, but got better and better as the season went along. They began to gel and play together as a unit.

• DKnight007

Sounds like a proactive plan by the Raiders to increase their season ticket sales, which they need badly. 23K base with season ticket holders? Gawd.

Only old man Al Davis and his cronies are to blame for that and no one else! Oy vey!

Picking another CB ahead of a bloodline legacy player like Casey Matthews in the 4th round is one of those types of decisions that pisses off the fanbase and makes them not want to buy season tickets. Of course….stupid picks like DHB and the signings of J Walker, D Hall, and the dumb pick of J Russell and giving these players big time money, is one of the many reasons why Raider Nation isn’t going to spend their hard earned money on season tickets.

• Dakota

You never know, these young guys on the o-line might turn into the 1990s Dallas o-line….but I doubt it, so we damned well better get some vets in there for insurance.

• DKnight007

Oh and spending big money on guys like Routt, Eugene and Loper instead of resigning solid vets who provide valuable leadership like Nnamdi, Huff and Gallery also is part of the reason why the Raiders have a VERY low season ticket base!

Those type of weird decisions by old man Al don’t help!

• Bauce Rules

J Hill Says:
    May 19th, 2011 at 12:12 pm
    …..isnt it obvious why we drafted him?

——————————————————-

Round 2 draft picks should start.

Players that we trade next year’s #2 for should start.

************************

*************************

We stocking depth man and gonna let our young guys compete for the two spots. Simple as that. We are going for a bigger oline and that means bigger guards. Bruce wouldnt be considered a big mauler power guard now is he?

• J Hill

If this happens….expect the O-Line to take a step back from last years O-Line.

——————————————————

I’m trying to get some clarification on what taking a step back means. Can it possibly be any worse than the “slow start” we got off to last year?

Why don’t you think these young guys will pick things up and gel just like it is alleged last year’s Oline did?

Blitzes and stunts have a lot to do with our pass blocking. Personally, I think we should go run heavy intially and the power blocking scheme isn’t that difficult to pick up.

• J Hill

—————————————————–

Big Money?

Loper took the $ Gallery rejected.

Eugene got 2 million a year. You think Huff takes that?

You think Nnamdi would have taken the $ Routt signed for?

• Bauce Rules

Aig-Raiders Says:
    May 19th, 2011 at 12:22 pm
    Bauce,

**********************************

I never dumped the idea but he sure did suck that game. I was there and was awfully pissed at that and still a lil steamed bout it to be honest. But he let himself off the hook winning 3 straight games. By midseason I was fine with dude. So you are off there. I was against the grad move in november 100 pct and posts will show that.

LOL how is 7-5 as a starter for a franchise that had trouble winning more than 5 games in a season seen as a negative? Explain that to me

• Dakota

How many sacks did Veldheer give up last season?

How hid the run game perform when Loper was playing LG for Gallery?

How many scouts had Wiz as a second rounder?

Campbell has zero experience.

A rookie at RT?

That is some scary azzzz stuff. That cannot be the o-line we go into 2011 with.

• Dakota

***did***

• J Hill

Bruce wouldnt be considered a big mauler power guard now is he?

——————————————————

Why not?

Because he’s not fat?

Isn’t dude like 6’6 315lbs?

How big do you want the OGs to be mayne?

• irjonny

what’s with all the raider bashing on a raiders fan site. all of us have endured the last 8 yrs right with you but things are on the upswing. very few positions are in need of all stars. teams with leadership and core talent make everyone better around them. that’s where we are headed regardless of other personnel and you should be ok with that. we bring in leaders and let the big $ players who don’t win games for us go. that’s how other teams do it. Nnamdi won’t win a team a SB nor will huff. guys like seymour and campbell sure will.

• Bauce Rules

Just Fire Baby Says:
    May 19th, 2011 at 12:17 pm
    Better offense beats better defense right?

***********************

Bauce,

*******************************

But check what I said about being able to beat all types of dlines. The 2000 Raiders oline was good but not great. Ravens have a great dline and had a great oline play. We had good dline play. We have to make that step to great. Good isnt enough to win titles

• J Hill

Dakota,

What would be scary is going into the season with the same line we had last year. You’ve been screaming for Oline changes via the draft, now you have them.

• Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Which Al Davis statue would you guys rather see:

A. Coach Davis circa 1963

B. Commissioner Davis circa 1966

C. Owner Al Davis circa 1983 clutching 3 Super Bowl trophies.

d. Overhead projector Al.

Vote often and early.

Go Raiders!

• Bauce Rules

J Hill Says:
    May 19th, 2011 at 12:49 pm
    Bruce wouldnt be considered a big mauler power guard now is he?

——————————————————

Why not?

Because he’s not fat?

Isn’t dude like 6′6 315lbs?

How big do you want the OGs to be mayne?
    *********************************

I want fat motherfking guards like Dallas use to have dammit. Fk it why lie? I have a center 313 lbs now I want some 325-340 lb guards in there to help him