Camp Seymour notes

Some highlights from correspondent Ben Beitzel at the Raiders’ passing camp at Competitive Edge Sports in Duluth, Ga.:

– A hand count came up with 34 players at the workout including at least three members of the rookie draft class _ center Stefen Wisniewski, cornerback DeMarcus Van Dyke and tight end Richard Gordon participated in workouts of moderate intensity.

– Bruce Campbell, a right guard last year, continued to play on the right side during 7-on-7 drills.

Beitzel is filing a story to run in Wednesday’s Bay Area News Group papers and will pass along more info that I’ll relay a little later . . .

Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer

RAIDER Says:
    May 24th, 2011 at 3:01 pm
    Brien, I’m convinced this blog tilts mostly white conservative. It’s no surprise they have your back, considering your open admiration of all things Aryan.
    **************************

Naw that is where you are wrong. I’ve met people from the blog who are black white and latino thus far

RAIDER Says:
    May 24th, 2011 at 3:10 pm
    I’m not a Raider fan right now I’m an NFL player’s fan. All of them. I stand with the players. When the owners take these foolish locks off the doors, then I’m a Raider fan again. You fans that aren’t supporting the players are part of the problem, too. But what can you expect. Sports fans are not known for their intelligence these days.
    ***************************

LOL this says it all

KoolKell Says:
    May 24th, 2011 at 2:58 pm
    Bree

Let’s hear some your yo so zizzle talk, ok?
    ********************

I will do that as soon as you resume your elitist talk, ok?

• http://www.cnn.com RAIDER

The quality of the game has suffered enough, Brien. Don’t you agree? You think the game’s better today than it was 20 years ago? Really? And don’t give me this crap about parity. What parity? New England, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, every year. Same old game. Some franchises know how to get it done. The quality of play is horrible now. And it’s because the league is too homogenized now. The owners are no longer competing with other owners. They’re competing with the players. The play has suffered enough. Don’ t you see this as a sports fan? Or is it just all, “Duh, der, Go Raiders, duh, der, dee dee der, Raiders!!! Duh!!!”

• Bauce Rules

MR….not one players union rep would ever suggest to the players to not be in shape. You are only saying that to start trouble….as usual

• http://www.cnn.com RAIDER

Go Raiders. Duh, Der. Duh. Raiders rule! Dee Dee derrr. Duh. Scooby Doo!!! Go Raiders!! Der!!!

I admire Seymour and Cambell, der. Duh. They’re preparing for the season. Duh, der, dee dee der. Good for them.

• http://www.cnn.com RAIDER

MR….duh, der, duh, not one players union rep, duh, der, dee dee der, would ever suggest to the players to not be in shape. Duh, der, scooby doo!! You are only saying that to start trouble…duh, der..as usual

• DutchRaider77

@RMR
    “Drew Brees has had more than 40 Saints gathered for three weeks.”

Well is Brees a scab?

• http://www.pro-football-reference.com/ KoolKell

I will do that as soon as you resume your elitist talk, ok?
    —————————————-
    You keep using terms like high & mighty and elitist, I’ve noticed. Very revealing.

RAIDER Says:
    May 24th, 2011 at 3:14 pm
    *************************************

The quality of game has slipped for many reasons and both parties have a part in it

• DutchRaider77

KK,
    Do you agree with RMR that Campbell and Seynmour are selling out?

RMR
    Duh, der, dee dee der, scooby doo where are you!!! Drew Brees has had more than 40 Saints gathered for three weeks. der duh der.

KoolKell Says:
    May 24th, 2011 at 3:19 pm
    I will do that as soon as you resume your elitist talk, ok?
    —————————————-
    ****************************

It reveals that I’m not a rich guy? Ok sue me

• http://www.pro-football-reference.com/ KoolKell

What do you tea-baggers think about Chrysler today?

KK,
    Do you agree with RMR that Campbell and Seynmour duh, der, scooby doo, der, are selling out?

• http://www.cnn.com RAIDER

The quality of game has slipped for many reasons duh, der, scooby doo go Raiders!! duh, der,,, and both parties have a part in it

• http://www.pro-football-reference.com/ KoolKell

You don’t have to be a rich guy, to maybe have taken a macro-economics course.

• Bauce Rules

LOL MR…..too funny how you get whooped at another false argument and resort to childish 4th grade humor. At least be able to beat the argument lol. You just cant provide any logical reason for the players to not stay in shape. You suggest they get fat and be lazy…..no matter what profession someone has its not wise to be fat and lazy lol

• severeraiderz

Glad that DVD and Gordon are there….I think Richard can be a player, Myers betta keep it together

RAIDER Says:
    May 24th, 2011 at 3:21 pm
    **************************

Amazing…well I guess brains isnt everything, except in MR’s case they are nothing

• Davy Jones

149.RAIDER Says:
    May 24th, 2011 at 3:10 pm

=======================================================

Where and when are you or were you ever a Raider fan? I suppose “rooting” for a team where you can’t stand anything the owner touches and the owner touches everything is a sign of intelligence? Troll.

• http://www.cnn.com RAIDER

Duh, der, it’s both sides, der! Guy gets mugged in an alley. both sides are to blame, duh, der, dee dee der. He shouldn’t have been in the ally. Der. Scooby doo! I can’t wait for Raider season! Derrrrrr

KoolKell Says:
    May 24th, 2011 at 3:21 pm
    You don’t have to be a rich guy, to maybe have taken a macro-economics course.
    ****************************

LOL thank you Kell…..you walked right into it….as usual

• http://www.cnn.com RAIDER

Yer not Raider fan. der, duh. you not real fan. me real fan. me glad seymour and campbell work out. me can’t wait for season. me think both sides at fault in labor dispute, even if its owner that lock out player. me too stupid to realize that. me just want football. me just raider fan. derrr, duh, scooby dooo!

Severeraiderz Says:
    May 24th, 2011 at 3:26 pm
    ******************

Yeah well we gotta have the best players out there. Whoever makes the team better should be on the field. Having depth and competition will bring that out

• http://www.cnn.com RAIDER

me don’t need know economic. me raider fan. me just want football. brien want football, brian want raiders!!! baehwaodpapoeirjaweor!! rubble rubble.

• http://www.cnn.com RAIDER

are you ready some football??? I ready some football!!! Win Baby!1 Win Baby!!!!

• http://www.pro-football-reference.com/ KoolKell

KoolKell Says:
    May 24th, 2011 at 3:21 pm

You don’t have to be a rich guy, to maybe have taken a macro-economics course.
    ****************************

LOL thank you Kell…..you walked right into it….as usual
    ————————————————–
    Hey, you and BrownnStains can walk around in darkness in hand in f’ing hand, ok?

RAIDER Says:
    May 24th, 2011 at 3:30 pm
    ***************************************

proof that ya can live without a brain

• Davy Jones

174.RAIDER Says:
    May 24th, 2011 at 3:30 pm

====================================================

It’s a shame that sports fans aren’t known for their intelligence these days. But MR is here to change all that. Aren’t we lucky.

• http://www.pro-football-reference.com/ KoolKell

Stanford Routt is the bulwark of the secondary, yes?

• ottocrat

Is that a picture of Matt Ryan at Camp Seymore?

• ottocrat

KoolKell Says:
    May 24th, 2011 at 3:37 pm
    Stanford Routt is the bulwark of the secondary, yes?
    ******************************

I dont believe he is great Kelly. Have I not said this. He is a good enough starter for us granted we have a front 7. He is overpaid for sure but I wont be mad having him with the young guys.

• http://www.cnn.com RAIDER

u not real raider fan. i real fan! i real fan! i glad campbell and seymour work out to prepare for afc west! unions for girly man!!!!!!

• Bauce Rules

He made some sharp throws, and Murphy made a nice catch along the sideline. The work between Jason Campbell and his receivers at his home in Washington, D.C., showed. Campbell said there have been some changes in terminology with Al Saunders taking over as offensive coordinator, but it is not much different from the offense implemented last year by Hue Jackson, who’s now the head coach
    **********************************

Now thats awesome

• DutchRaider77

_____________________________________________________

RMR, you should get some treatment! The syphilis you contracted from your cousin is really taking a toll.

• J Hill

In the Miami game, Stevie Brown played most of the game at FS and was pretty decent.

Our main problem defensively was the ill advised constant 2 safety blitz Marshall kept calling on 3rd dn.

• Guy

Nnamdi’s ankle was a killer in the Phins game

• J Hill

I just don’t get the thinking that Branch will play FS ahead of Brown.

I think we would have seen Branch at FS and Mitchell at SS last year if that was the plan. Huff played a lot of corner after the Nnamdi injury and we NEVER saw Branch and Mitchell as the S tandem.

J Hill Says:
    May 24th, 2011 at 3:57 pm

**********************************

The defense had some issues but Grad was at his worse. The offense scored one 1td that day

• http://www.cnn.com RAIDER

RMR, you should get treatment! The syphilis you contract from you cousin really taking toll. I had to go google to spell syphilis. I try to spell it siphilus a couple time. spell check put red line under it. me like to have good spelling, give impression me smart. Raider rule! I want futball!!!

• Davy Jones

Cool to see the photos. The one with Campbell throwing the pass, pretty sure the receiver is DHB (grey shirt, black trunks). Wonder if he caught it, LOL.

• J Hill

You’re right Guy.

Which made Marshall’s decision to constantly leave the corners on an island with zero S help over the top was pretty effin stupid.

Everyone bangs on McFadden for his bad play when in reality ALL the corners were getting beat that day. And they were only getting beat on those 3rd dn plays, lol.

• Guy

haha ya I think Nnamdi gave up every pass thrown his way (except for one hold on 3rd). I think that was one of Nnamdi’s worst games in a while

• J Hill

B,

Grad didn’t play all that well, but I’m telling you if you rewatch it you will see how Marshall cost us the game.

Miami shouldn’t have scored more than 10 pts that day. We had them in 3rd and 5 plus all day but just couldn’t get off the field.

• Bauce Rules

Man Jhill…it sure sucks to see the Chokelahoma City Thunder go out like suckas. I had them to take the west. Looks bad now. Durant is playing soft and Westbrook has lost his damn mind. Scott Brooks looks confused. Last night was pitiful. So I guess Dirk gets his shot against Miami again.

• DutchRaider77

Nnamdi’s ankle was a killer in the Phins game

___________________________________________________

Easy to say in hindsight, but Aso should not have been on the field when he got hurt in the Seattle game.

J Hill Says:
    May 24th, 2011 at 4:05 pm
    B,

*****************************

Jhill lol you kill me brotha….the Raider defenses lately generally suck on 3rd and long regardless of DC.

DutchRaider77 Says:
    May 24th, 2011 at 4:07 pm
    Nnamdi’s ankle was a killer in the Phins game

___________________________________________________

*******************************

Oh spare me. Nnamdi would have gave up those passes that day verse Miami. Dline got beat all day right in front of my face.