Raiders taking on water

By Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer
Thursday, May 26th, 2011 at 10:52 am in Oakland Raiders.

No media availability for the remainder of Camp Seymour (a big thank you to correspondent Ben Beitzel for keeping us in the loop) but from various Twitter accounts it appears things are going swimmingly for the Raiders at Competitive Edge Sports.

Today was a day for water workouts, and judging from some of the tweets, it was no day at the beach.

The following were relayed by quarterback Jason Campbell and wide receivers Nick Miller, Darrius Heyward-Bey and Louis Murphy.

Murphy also tweeted a short video which shows players a few players, including Campbell and himself, looking exhausted.

TRAINING CAMP

There have already been reports of teams concerned about their training camp sites and looking at the possibility of having cap at their facilities rather than somewhere else. Many teams, including the 49ers, already have their training camps at the facility.

The Raiders have held their camp on the grounds of Redwood Middle School and been housed at the Napa Marriott since 1996.

As of now, the Raiders are moving forward as if camp will go off as planned in Napa, and there is no word of a deadline where they must let the Marriott know if they’re suddenly going to have a lot of rooms available during late July and early August.

• priesttj

The ‘ONLY’ thing MJ changed was his shoes as far as the game he was a copy cat because it had already all been done over and over again.

Elgin Baylor changed the game……………period

KoolKell Says:
    May 27th, 2011 at 12:43 pm

NFL owners are white. Players are black
    Guess which side Amerika is going to come down on?

• Thec07

Dr.J…

452.KoolKell Says:
    May 27th, 2011 at 3:09 pm
    KoolKell Says:
    May 27th, 2011 at 12:43 pm

NFL owners are white. Players are black
    Guess which side Amerika is going to come down on?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Man , get a life.
    I like you KK and I like Jazz like you, but man, I mean, it’s like you’re stuck in the fifties.
    Get over it.

• aig-raiders

We know. You’ve told us 100 times.

Should I insert some Asian computer geek stereotype here to try and rile you up?

————–
    Actually we Asian computer geeks are doing pretty well in this economy. So by all means, pls put it in there.

• priesttj

Doc was a helluva player when he was in the ABA by the time he got to the NBA his skills had diminished some. But he was still in the top 5 NBA players but if the world had seen Doc in the ABA you would’ve seen something no one has seen until LBJ. LBJ is the most dominant perimeter athlete i ever seen he’s as big as a PF yet has the skills to combine PG and SG at 6’8″ 250 the only guy I can think of who was similar was uh! Yeah! Spencer Haywood! he was similar to LBJ just not as physically fit becaus they didn’t tarin year round like they do now.

Man , get a life.
    Get over it.
    ————————————–
    I know, I know, you people don’t want to hear it.

• aig-raiders

Best post I have seen in a while by any fan. This football fan truly gets it.

realfann says: May 27, 2011 3:58 PM

Let’s examine the reasons for a union as listed in this article:

1. To preserve the draft. The claim is made that the draft is anti-trust and could not survive legal challenge. The Supreme Court left a pretty broad hint in their Needle judgement that indicates that the draft is not, in fact, a breach of anti-trust.

2. Minimum player pay. I don’t have minimum pay in my work. Neither does anybody else that posts here. So no, it would not be missed.

3. Pay, benefits and pensions would be up to each franchise. If they want to attract the best free agents, they will offer competitive packages. Just like in the real world. No union required.

4. Free agent rules. These are the most effed up thing in the whole CBA. Absolutely none are required. When a players contract is up, he should be free to sign with any team of his chosing. Period. Restricted free agents, franchise designation etc will not be missed. They don’t exist in the real (free) world so there’s no reason to have them in the NFL.

5. Early entry to the NFL. Anyone can start in any job in America at any age they chose. Why should the NFL be different? This restriction won’t be missed and it certainly won’t “jeopardize” college football. If Maurice Clarrett had been allowed to join the NFL, would college football have crashed to the ground? I don’t think so.

6. “Scrubs & subs” would not get paid very well. Not sure who the “scrubs” are but substitutes are highly valued in the NFL due to the high risk of starters being injured. So no, the pay of substitutes would not go down. It would go up.

Conclusion: the players do not benefit that much (if anything) from a union.

The owners, on the other hand, are desperate for a union. It gives them the means to hide unfair employment practices behind an anti-trust smokescreen.

It’s 100% guaranteed that the owners will INSIST on the players being unionized as part of any future agreement.

Which makes it highly amusing that so many owner shills on this board post anti-union hatred.

Your owners want the union more than the players :-)

• Twocents

KoolKell, “Amerika”, the leviathan police state is led by a black man. How does your theory of racist America explain that?

Twocents Says:
    May 27th, 2011 at 3:29 pm

—————————————–
    Demographically, those people are dying out that are really outraged with Barry, but there’s still money and politics to be made of the remanent’s

• priesttj

The owners need the union in order to continue to benefit from anti-trust laws. Otherwise there is no CBA but just individual contracts and that would also end the draft. Each owner would have to negotiate outside those laws with each indivdual player.

Then college players could sue for employment it would change the face of the league forever.

147.ENGLANDRAIDER Says:
    May 27th, 2011 at 3:42 pm
    “Seymour was the force behind the camp”.
    Well that figures and I like it.
    Born to be a Raider.

Then we have McClain criticizing that the workouts aren’t hard enough.
    Again, born to be a Raider.

• http://www.pro-football-reference.com/ KoolKell

Demographically, those people are dying off that are really outraged with Barry, but there’s still money and politics to be made off the remanent’s.

• Twocents

I agree that the people who believe in individual freedom and inalienable rights are a dying breed. (Probably died long ago)

The vast majority of modern Americans want their entitlements, even if it means living in totalitarian society.

460.KoolKell Says:
    May 27th, 2011 at 3:35 pm
    Twocents Says:
    May 27th, 2011 at 3:29 pm

—————————————–

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

That’s just nonsense KK.

I’m outraged with the president but only because he favours left-wing policies and I could give a rat’s arse about his race.
    The guy didn’t hear Clinton when he said “the era of big government is over”.
    It’s just spend, spend, spend with him–although I really like the way he dumped Osama bin Arshole in the ocean.
    Bin Laden got a “burial at sea”? Yeah, I’ll bet every sailor on that ship pizzed on him first.

That’s just nonsense KK.

The guy didn’t hear Clinton when he said “the era of big government is over”.
    —————————————–
    Racism is so insidious in Amerika, that most people don’t even notice it.

The Prez is about as left wing as Dinah Shore.

The Spend, spend, spend, that you talk about goes to Oil subsidies, Tax breaks, Farm Subsidies, Medicare.

Black welfare Queens get very very little, ok?

• Twocents

Ten years and three trillion dollars to assassinate a man who’s influence was at rock bottom. USA, USA!

@EnglandRaider

Then you have all these right-wingers who don’t want to pay taxes, then feed at the federal trough,
    ____________________________________________

Red States Feed at Federal Trough, Blue States Supply the Feed

467.Twocents Says:
    May 27th, 2011 at 3:55 pm
    Ten years and three trillion lessdollars to assassinate a man who’s influence was at rock bottom. USA, USA!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Go screw yourself.
    And may God bless everyone man on that mission.

every man.

• Twocents

KoolKell, Tax feeders take from the producers, Red or Blue.

• http://www.pro-football-reference.com/ KoolKell

I was in the US Navy, Operations Specialist (Radar Operator)
    Served out of Yokosuka Japan.

• Twocents

ENGLANDRAIDER, I am already screwed. I am living among a populous that doesn’t know tyranny when it is staring them in the face.

Twocents Says:
    May 27th, 2011 at 4:08 pm

KoolKell, Tax feeders take from the producers, Red or Blue.
    ————————————————-
    Have you ever taken a college-level macro-economics class?

• Buckeyeraider

‘Sup fellas.

EnglandRaider–

You simply don’t like him because he favors left-wing policies? Well, he is an elected democrat. However, he’s probably taking as much grief from the extreme left as he is the extreme right. Especially from the Hollywood liberal types. They feel he abandoned them by not closing Guantanamo, and beefing up troops in Afghanistan, etc.

The fact that B.O. is hearing it from the extremists of both parties probably indicate he is governing from a more centrist position and governing far more effectively, than he is credited with. IMO.

474.Twocents Says:
    May 27th, 2011 at 4:13 pm

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Shiiiiite!!!
    You must be living in LA!!

• Twocents

If you mean “Keynesian economics” I dropped out. The Austrian school makes more sense to me.

• http://www.pro-football-reference.com/ KoolKell

What’s the Austrian School. I’m familiar with Keynes & Friedman.

472.KoolKell Says:
    May 27th, 2011 at 4:11 pm
    I was in the US Navy, Operations Specialist (Radar Operator)
    Served out of Yokosuka Japan.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Well, God bless you brother Raider.

• http://www.pro-football-reference.com/ KoolKell

Well, God bless you brother Raider.
    ———————————–
    Honestly, my pleasure, some of the best times of my life.

476.Buckeyeraider Says:
    May 27th, 2011 at 4:18 pm
    ‘Sup fellas.

EnglandRaider–

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

He’s an elected Democrat?
    Yes he is. But the Democratic Party has shifted dramatically to the left.

I favor neither party and no politician but he current Democratic Party is not the party of the JFK/MLK era.
    It has been taken over by the refugees from the Peace and Freedom Party, the McGovernites from 1972, and worst of all the George Soros element.

You give me a Democratic candidate like HT and I’ll vote for him.

482.KoolKell Says:
    May 27th, 2011 at 4:30 pm
    Well, God bless you brother Raider.
    ———————————–
    Honestly, my pleasure, some of the best times of my life.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I know what you’re saying brother Raider although when I was in, it damn near killed me.

• http://www.pro-football-reference.com/ KoolKell

But the Democratic Party has shifted dramatically to the left.
    ———————————————-
    One of the most ridiculous statements ever made on this blog.

Boy, you’re waaay out there aren’t ya?

• http://www.pro-football-reference.com/ KoolKell

Ronald Reagan couldn’t even get elected as a republican today.

• http://www.pro-football-reference.com/ KoolKell

To be a republican candidate today, you have to deny evolution.

EnglandRaider

Maybe this Nation Debt graph helps:

• ENGLANDRAIDER

Black welfare Queens get very very little, ok?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Who the hell are they?! Lol! A singing group from your fifties?!

African Americans, you outdated old buger, are moving to the suburbs and since the overwhelming majority are family-orientated, church-going folks they are very conservative Americans like everyone else.

LMAO. Nothing burns a liberal more than realizing that America really doesn’t like them. Lol!

bugger

EnglandRaider

Maybe this National Debt graph helps, any comments?

485.KoolKell Says:
    May 27th, 2011 at 4:35 pm
    But the Democratic Party has shifted dramatically to the left.
    ———————————————-
    One of the most ridiculous statements ever made on this blog.

Boy, you’re waaay out there aren’t ya?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

No old sailer, I’m right here in the center.

EnglandRaider

Are you willing to address this chart truthfully or not?

KK:

I put about as much faith in charts as I put in statistics.

If charts and statistics were all the world went by then Snake Stabler would never have been the great Raider he was.

How does that line go again? There are statistics, damn statistics, and flat out lies.
    Someone wrote that and I can’t remember who but I’m damn sure it wasn’t a liberal.

• Thec07

456.priesttj Says:
    May 27th, 2011 at 3:21 pm
    Doc was a helluva player when he was in the ABA by the time he got to the NBA his skills had diminished some. But he was still in the top 5 NBA players but if the world had seen Doc in the ABA you would’ve seen something no one has seen until LBJ. LBJ is the most dominant perimeter athlete i ever seen he’s as big as a PF yet has the skills to combine PG and SG at 6′8″ 250 the only guy I can think of who was similar was uh! Yeah! Spencer Haywood! he was similar to LBJ just not as physically fit becaus they didn’t tarin year round like they do now.

+++++++++++++++=

100% Truth

• http://www.pro-football-reference.com/ KoolKell

Exactly, you can’t be bothered with the facts, just your old tired prejudices. Out.

• Thec07

LBj = a freak of nature…How can a guy that big guard DROSE??? Not normal or natural…

• Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

GAME 7 – BRUINS vs LIGHTNING.

CHECK IT OUT.

• aig-raiders

——————–

LBJ the most gifted athlete I have ever watched play basketball.

MJ – the most accomplished. Getting a Ring, D player of the year and league scoring title.

498.KoolKell Says:
    May 27th, 2011 at 5:03 pm

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

There you go again. Lol.

I’ve only got one prejudiced bone in my my body and that’s for any team playing the Raiders.

Raiders uber alles!

There you go again. Lol.

Raiders uber alles!
    ——————————————-
    Thee’s another thing, I doubt Al Davis shares any of your social/political values, but………………lol

• Twocents

My apologies for dropping out. My friend dropped by and I plied him with liquor and we discussed the state of the world.

@ KoolKell, the Austrians and Keynesians battled it out in the early 20th century, the Keynesians won because it was what the state wanted to do in the first place.

Intellectuals saw the profit in sucking up to the state and adopted the nonsense so that they could get awards and phenomenal riches.