How Jones overcame learning disability

Check out Steve Corkran’s story on Taiwan Jones published in Bay Area News Group papers which details why the explosive runner struggled with classes because of dyslexia but ultimately surfaced at Eastern Washington and became a fourth-round draft pick.

“I’ll never get a player like him again,” said Chris Hansen, the running backs coach at Eastern Washington. “We usually don’t get to touch players like Taiwan. They’re going to USC and Washington.”

Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer

• J Hill

If and when an agreement is reached, all players whose contracts have expired and have four or more years of experience are expected to be unrestricted free agents, sources familiar with the talks told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter. Certain tags will be retained but that still is being discussed.

——————————————————-

Uh oh.

Miller and Bush may in fact be elsewhere next year.

• Bauce Rules

VR….power scheme isnt about out thinking you. ZBS is more cerebal

Bush and Miller going nowhere Jhill

• Bauce Rules

I wanna dominate ppl! I wanna leave the coliseum and party in the LOT with my Raider brothers in honor of that domination. I want teams to dread coming to play us

• Just Fire Baby Says:
    June 21st, 2011 at 12:31 pm

We don’t have anywhere near the personnel to be “knocking people back” on our O-line.
    —————————————-
    The fact is, you nor anybody else knows what we have on the O-line.

• Bauce Rules

Wiz2 was a dirty player and big tem dlinemen hated him. He is nasty but just has perfect technique. U think Uncle Wiz gonna allow pxssy schit?

• Just Fire Baby

I tried to tell you that these rinky-dink “tenders” would not carry over as they currently are into the new CBA.

Players hate those things.

• 656.Bauce Rules Says:
    June 21st, 2011 at 12:40 pm

____________________________________________

Then you should have been a Raider fan 30 years ago.

• Bauce Rules

VR….SOME TAGS WILL THO!…..but not worried Bush will be signed as will Miller. Al knows how to work numbers

• Bauce Rules

Kell im not a fan….never been one. Family member has been at every game up north since Kezar in 1960

• Just Fire Baby

Every scouting report on Wiz had his weaknesses as struggling with the larger DT’s.

More brains than braun.

• priesttj

JFB I think you’re wrong about that it’s not about size as much as it is attitude and ability. Size is good on the Oline more than the Dline. We have some huge athletic Olineman I agree about Wiz and said so many times prior to the draft when everyone was going gaga over him. He’s not what you call a roadgrader so he has to do it the way his unc did it with brute strength. Steve wasn’t very big but he was mean as hell and extremely strong. Everybody else has the ability to play power game. Veldheer has the mentality he needs to add 20+ lbs. but he has what it takes.

• Bauce Rules

Im above and beyond a fan……call it a sick obsession I should be clinically diagnosed with Raideritis

• Silverandblack666

What bauce said!!!

• Bauce Rules

VR u mean some of those same reporters miss all day everyday too on players

• Silverandblack666

• Bauce Rules

But shouldnt a center have more brains? he is the qb of the line responsible for calling line audibles and protections

• hwnrdr

Bring that fear back into coming to the Black Hole!

654.Bauce Rules Says:
    June 21st, 2011 at 12:40 pm

• Bauce Rules

666….some guys dont get it. We got a generation of ppl like myself that dont know what its like to see a SB winning team in Oakland! Its important to get one. This is why Im rough because its something I dreamed of since I was little boy

• Just Fire Baby

**************************

Absolutely correct.

Just saying, if your expecting him to come in and push people around and be a road-grader, that isn’t his game.

He is tough and a techninician with great footwork, and much better in pass-protection than run-blocking.

• slmraiders

Off the current subject. Not sure if anyone saw this about the CBA.

From Adam Schefter’s Facebook:
    “More at ESPN: If and when agreement is reached, all players with 4, 5 and 6 years of service are expected to be unrestricted free agents.”

• Bauce Rules

The older I get the obsession gets worse. Im not coming off of it BHP, Jhill,VR and Kell! We need big mean nasty players who can play and beat other elite players. Becuz winning that one on one matchup or beating double team is how u do it under our style

Its still insanely maddening that we consistantly hold running backs to 3.3ypc or less, but still find a way to give up 10-13 plays of more than 60 yards. You take away that 1 play every game and we go from 29th in rush def to top 5. Its the same problem for years. It is lack of discipline by all 11 guys on the field. Its the same thing in our pass defense too. We rank in the top 3 in pass defense, but bottom 3 in passing TDs allowed. It tells me that our defensive woes are not scheme or personal but discipline. These guys need to play EVERY play.

***

POST OF THE YEAR!

Congrats BCZ 🙂

• Master Beeecham

Dudes I’ve been bumping Weird Al all day at the pool, the chicks are going nuts.

You should see this one lady – large and in charge – getting down to Eat It while she chows down on a French Dip. Holla!

Still looking into buying that luxury box at Staples but they haven’t thrown in the desert cart into the package. But one of my ladies might be a Laker girl this year, so they’ll cave eventually.

DONT JUST STAND THERE, KRAPPY, BUST A MOVE

• Just Fire Baby

If I remember correctly, Bush was not at Camp Soupmour, and we drafted a RB in the 4th round.

He is no lock to stick around and backup if he is free to go anywhere.

VR wiz2 more tougher than Satele and bigger

• J Hill

So will Logan Mankins be a FA?

Bcz….exactly football is 60 minutes

• Bauce Rules

Jhill! aha isnt that interesting? Mankins lives in Central Cali…..id pay him 8-10 mil no problem….sign duece lutui as well…..now u got a oline to protect JC and open holes for our trio

OLBs are expected to cover RBs and TEs no matter what defense the team is playing.

***

Jhill,

MLB’s & safeties don’t cover RBs & TEs?

my bad …

Heck, in Oakland Kirk Morrison was asked to cover Brandon Marshall on occassion!

• J Hill

678.Bauce Rules Says:
    June 21st, 2011 at 12:58 pm

Bcz….exactly football is 60 minutes

——————————————————-

So you’ve finally come around.

• Silverandblack666

Bauce

I was 16 years old the last time we won a Super Bowl it was one of the greatest days of my life but its been so long now I cant imagine how good I would feel if we win one now.

Trade ShoNasty for a 2nd rd pick

***

Blasphemy!

• ArmChair GM

# Bauce Rules Says:
    June 21st, 2011 at 12:19 pm

Carlisle sucks. He has been worse since 07. He is a svelte lineman and I hate those guys. I want big fat nasty guards
    _______________________________________________________

Personally I thought Loper outplayed Gallery at LG last season. But for some reason, dude can’t seem to get no love from the coaches. What did he do, sleep with one of the coaches daughters or something?

Veldheer-Loper-Wisniewski-Campbell-Barksdale

At least on paper, that looks like a powerful, O-line!

• Bauce Rules

So what if Bush wasnt there? Al dont give a damn…he has his closest version of marcus and bo at rb….no way will Al let him go

• J Hill

Veldheer-Loper-Wisniewski-Campbell-Barksdale

At least on paper, that looks like a powerful, O-line!

——————————————————-

Now there’s a guy who knows his football!

Shonasty is a full time DE. Wimbley is a situational PR DE. Nobody on our LB corp is impressive at all. Romac has no speed. Wimbley and Scott are both situational pass rushers rather than full time LB. They can’t cover. Grove is ok but nothing outstanding. Nobody can shed a blocker consistently to maintain the integrity of our man2man defense.

***

well done AIG

Co-Signed

• Bauce Rules

Jhill…come around? Please you excuse the DTs when its obvious they suck vs run….we dont get it still

• RAIDERMAN99

Love the debate about what caused the loss vs. the Titans.

Here’s my take, without the benefit of rewatching the game.

Defense was doing a good job stopping CJ. 99% of you guys agree VY can’t pass…

So how did the Raids get beat like a pinata ?

I’ll tell you how.

The Raider QB was not only tipping pass plays, he was doing it with an offensive line in front of him that looked like swiss cheese.

And this QB, in his first game as a Raider, showed that he would piss his pants in the face of a formidable pass rush – and that he was gutless wussy when he slid 2 yards short of an easily attainable first down. Do I even have to mention ‘the kneel’ in the same game ?

When you’ve got a QB that’s tipping plays, pissing his pants, showing no heart – and an OL getting whupped, it’s not surprising that the Raids didn’t put up points and eventually the Defense gets it’s heart ripped out and the avalanche ensues.

That’s what happened.

And it happened again in Pitt.

Hell, it was happening again the following week against St Louis at home.

Which is why Hue yanked JaJason. And rightfully so.

I thought Loper outplayed Gallery at LG last season

***

ArmChair GM,

Gallery is way better than Loper “on paper”

• Bauce Rules

Lol powerful? With Loper and Campbell at guards? Joke and Loper was signed to be depth….was told directly from a raider employee!

• Just Fire Baby

he has his closest version of marcus and bo at rb….

*********************

Bo and Marcus lasted a whole 4 years together, and Al tried to run Marcus out of town.

Not the best analogy.

I think Al will have to overpay to keep Bush. If another team is offering Bush the same bread, and with a chance to be the #1 RB, he will not think twice.

666….imagine how I, the obsessed one, would act

• Bauce Rules

It totally is best analogy VR because Al envisioned at first an unstoppable backfield until Mucuc b-tched up

• J Hill

Bauce Rules Says:
    June 21st, 2011 at 1:06 pm

Jhill…come around? Please you excuse the DTs when its obvious they suck vs run

——————————————————

Yeah, I knew you didn’t agree with BCZs post, lol.

• Bauce Rules

Lol name the team thats gonna sign Bush as a number 1…..i dare u to name them….clock is ticking

• hwnrdr

682.Silverandblack666 Says:
    June 21st, 2011 at 1:02 pm
    Bauce

Showing your age now, 666…haha…i was a Freshman in high school when they CRUSHED The Redskins!

He’s taking a paycut to play in Philly

***

HB #607

nah. Nnamdi is going to the highest bidder.

Washington Redskins

• Bauce Rules

Bcz said in that post abouut every play….ithrough course of game. Just becuz u make one good play doesnt make a win. Must be thru game and dammit TK and Sey dont

Nnamdi please dont comeback