Raiders sign Wisniewski, four other 2011 draftees

The Raiders just wrapped up signing five of their remaining six draft picks, including second-rounder Stefen Wisniewski. Offensive tackle Joseph Barksdale is the only one of Oakland’s eight draft picks who hasn’t signed, but he is expected to do so in the next few hours.

Running back Taiwan Jones and wide receiver Denarius Moore signed Wednesday. Wisniewski, cornerbacks DeMarcus Van Dyke and Chimdi Chekwa, receiver David Ausberry and tight end Richard Gordon inked deals Thursday. All seven are expected to be at practice this afternoon.

Barksdale arrived in the Bay Area on Wednesday morning. He is thought to be in Napa awaiting word from his agent that a deal has been consummated.

The Raiders hold their first practice at 3:30 p.m.

Steve Corkran

• What’s RON?

But I gotta figure that Wiz is properly motivated and properly schooled. If he has the physical tools.

• Actually the Raiders have a week to fit under the cap.

It is plain to me that Al is NOT going to tip his hand in advance of tomorrow’s kickoff of actual FA signing.

Any GM that has let word out about “verbal commitments” early is a fool.

• SR Raider

Priorities:
    1) Miller and Wimbley long-term contracts
    2) Gaither or other OL help
    3) Huff or someone to replace him
    4) Playmaker on defense to make up for losing Aso

I guess we’ll start finding out tomorrow

• Just Fire Baby

Jacoby Ford may never be a high production WR, but whenever it is throughout the season the Raiders need a big play offensively, I want Jacoby Ford on the field.

• RaiderLen

Any GM that has let word out about “verbal commitments” early is a fool.

————————————–
    True.

• Thec07

BigTed707 Says:
    July 28th, 2011 at 1:46 pm
    What up BigTed? go find the game where he took the big hit from the LB from bama…I saw that game in realtime though he was dead….

He is a baller and will win RON…
    *****************
    Word Thec! You called Ford last year, so I will defer to your expertise!

Here is that hit you mentioned, D. Milliner looks like a beast!

++++++++

That video illustrates theheart of DMOORE…

And yeah millner is a freaking BEAST…I hear he even put on some more muscle…

• SR Raider

Jacoby is all over the highlight reels from last year. The man makes plays

• Just Fire Baby Says:
    July 28th, 2011 at 1:58 pm

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

When don’t they need a big play offensively?

• Thec07

Just Fire Baby Says:
    July 28th, 2011 at 1:54 pm
    But yup, Thec nailed Ford last year. He can hang one on me for a victory in that debate we had around a year ago, lol.

I know you know what I am talking about Thec
    +++++++++

Yeah I remember that…Silliness 101 on my part…

• J Hill

$35 million under the cap and we still have to restructure Wimbley? What is going on here Jhill?

——————————————————

We’re trying to get 45 million under so we can redo Glo’s deal.

Also need to make room for Reece and Bush.

• Thec07

KoolKell Says:
    July 28th, 2011 at 1:56 pm
    What’s RON?

+++++++++

Ron = Rookie Of the NATION

• Thec07

And yeah milliner is a freaking BEAST…I hear he even put on some more muscle… 20lbs..

• Trade JaDarren!

• Thanks.

• Just Fire Baby

When don’t they need a big play offensively?

***************************

You know what I mean, some 3rd and 9’s are more important than others.

• Raider J

Hue Jack City! Love it!
    76. Class act, Supa.

I got no feedback on my, Jacoby Ford “Motors”
    How ’bout “Mustang?”

• Dakota

255.RaiderLen Says:
    July 28th, 2011 at 1:59 pm
    Any GM that has let word out about “verbal commitments” early is a fool.

————————————–
    True.

+++++++++++

Any agent of a player who has a deal and doesn’t let word spread is a fool.

• PurpleDrank81

According to LaCanfora the Raiders are in Cap bind and are really trying to rework Wimbley’s deal. Set to make a 11.3 million this year

• LA to TheBay

If it means picking up a few key guys or resigning Zach/Nnamdi/Huff, Kam will restructure.

• Dakota

260.J Hill Says:
    July 28th, 2011 at 2:01 pm

——————————————————

We’re trying to get 45 million under so we can redo Glo’s deal.

Also need to make room for Reece and Bush.
    +++++++++++
    lol got it.

********
    Yeah! Who needs a 1000 yard RB? Bring back Huggy-Bear Jr.!

• SR Raider

Kam will sign a long-term if it’s a good one. Al will find a way to pony up

• Just Fire Baby

Why on earth did Al just blindly give Wimbley all that leverage by rushing to franchise him?

He could have played that hand a lot better.

• LA to TheBay

Huggy got 1000 once upon a time. In like 9 games, if I remember.

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

# RaiderRetribution Says:
    July 28th, 2011 at 1:39 pm

if the Texans and/or Jets are simply offering 12-14 million, then Nnamdi will remain a Raider Al will match or beat that.
    ”””””””””””””’

Davis rushes for no players. remember when the hype was tim brown was going to denver? Nnam gone…. maybe but i wont believe until its done, never count out the silver and black

• Raider J Says:
    July 28th, 2011 at 2:03 pm

Hue Jack City! Love it!
    76. Class act, Supa.

I got no feedback on my, Jacoby Ford “Motors”
    How ’bout “Mustang?”

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

How bout Jacoby “Gerald” Ford.

GO BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Thec07
  • J Hill

Jerrymcd Jerry McDonald
    Watch for generally glowing reax to Haynesworth acquisition simply because it was the Patriots who made it. Anyone else would get ripped.

—————————————————–

Exactly!

• LA to TheBay

Vegas,

I think he wanted to keep him for sure before lockout began and his RFA tender was voided and just worry about redoing it at a later time.

• PurpleDrank81

My Bro-Inlaw is a Whiner Fan and I swear if the Niners pick up Nmandi there’s gonna big fight at the Purple Drank Thanksgiving dinner this year… I can already here his big mouth.

• J Hill

Just Fire Baby Says:
    July 28th, 2011 at 2:06 pm

——————————————————-

He thought he might bolt for Seattle because he got rid of Cable?

• Dakota Says:
    July 28th, 2011 at 2:03 pm

255.RaiderLen Says:
    July 28th, 2011 at 1:59 pm
    Any GM that has let word out about “verbal commitments” early is a fool.

————————————–
    True.

+++++++++++

Any agent of a player who has a deal and doesn’t let word spread is a fool.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Point is, Al is not committing to deals until tomorrow so no agents can blab.

I bet it is more like “yes, I would love your client to become a Raidah and we can give you something in the ballpark of what you want. Talk to me Friday before you sign anywhere else.”

• Just Fire Baby

Wimbley = replaceable

• LA to TheBay

VR, here you go. Kam had a 4 mil buyback which was excercised and then later voided by league due to their 30% rule:

Fox: Wimbley to sign tender
    By Jerry McDonald – NFL Writer
    Monday, February 28th, 2011 at 8:47 pm in Oakland Raiders.

According to a report by Adam Caplan of Fox Sports, the one-year tender to Kamerion Wimbley will be worth even more than expected _ coming in at $11.32 million.

UPDATE: The reason Wimbley’s tender estimate is higher is he received an “exclusive” franchise tag, according to ESPN’s Adam Schefter. That meant the Raiders don’t want him negotiating with any other teams even if the return was two first-round draft picks. Obviously that would never happen, so you wonder why the Raiders would just tack on another $1 million plus when the original plan was to pay him about $4.1 million on the buyback deal which was disallowed. The final number will be determined by the top five salaries at Wimbley’s position in 2011.

Agent Joe Linta said Wimbley would sign the tender _ and why wouldn’t he? Considering how much more he’ll get than the $635,000 in salary and $3.5 million buyback the Raiders had hoped to pay, it’s a minor upset that he hasn’t already signed it.

• LA to TheBay

With as many FAs in play as he already has, Al liked Wimbley enough to avoid allowing him to talk with anybody other than the Raiders.

He’ll work out the cap business and sign who needs to be signed. I have nothing against that tactic.

• Wimbley = replaceable
    ————————————-
    9 sacks, aint that easy to replace.

• RaiderLen

Any agent of a player who has a deal and doesn’t let word spread is a fool.
    ————————————–
    Without a signed contract He is.

• J Hill

BazookaJoe72 Joseph Barksdale
    by VittorioTafur

Just signed my contract with the raiders. Excited about the future. Now im headed to camp. #justwinbaby

——————————————————

How are we getting all these deal done and we haven’t cut anyone?

What’s goinz on Dakota?

• LA to TheBay

Point is, Al is not committing to deals until tomorrow so no agents can blab.

——————

You know Al’s a part-time lawyer, Bo.

• J Hill

I mean, if we were 15 million over before we started resigning our guys, we have to be like 30 over now that we’ve also signed all of our rookie, right?

Not sure how Wimbley’s restructuring is going to get us in cap compliance.

Where’s my slide rule?

• Said Ochocinco: “Media knows nothing but I’m going to enjoy clam chowder.”

• LA to TheBay

He never got hustled by a dude with a gold tooth and a Jheri curl on a Venice Beach blacktop like SOME people I know…..

• LA to TheBay

Kincaid’s Fish Chop & Steakhouse has some decent clam chowder….

• LA to TheBay

actually, they don’t but you get the idea.

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

everybody is pumped to be a part of he nation rookies vets coaches and real fans!!!!

We are back!!!

peace nation

• TBRaiders

290.J Hill Says:
    July 28th, 2011 at 2:21 pm

————-

We were only allotted a bit over 5 million to sign our draft picks so their caps hits are at that amount or less. I also read somewhere that teams don’t have to be in compliance with the cap until 4 August so reworking a couple deals to spread out the cap hit will get us under easy.

• raiderinparadise

Cap will be met, thats one thing AL does perfect. Every year they are set to be over and he gets a storng group to restructure this year:

Seymour
    DHB
    Wimbley

add in roster cuts

Higgins
    Bennett
    blah blah blah

we will squeeze it

• J Hill

Seriously ….

What is it going to take to resign Glo if he has a decent year for us?

Looking at what a scrub like Kolb got, I say we lock up Glo now with a 4 year 35 million dollar contract with 15 of it guaranteed.

• Brady – 3 Rings
    Roethlisberger – 2 Rings
    P.Manning – 1 Ring
    A. Rodgers – 1 Ring
    Brees – 1 Ring
    Rivers – 0 Rings (why is he on this list again?)

• RaiderLen Says:
    July 28th, 2011 at 2:18 pm

Any agent of a player who has a deal and doesn’t let word spread is a fool.
    ————————————–
    Without a signed contract He is.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Which can’t happen until Friday. Thus, crickets chirping in Alameda.