Asomugha lands with Eagles

Fox Sports’ Jay Glazer just reported that the Philadelphia Eagles have signed Raiders three-time Pro Bowl cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha.

The 49ers, Houston Texans, New York Jets and Dallas Cowboys were rumored to be in the hunt for the player considered the prize of this year’s free agent class.

Somewhere in the process, the Eagles jumped in and sealed the deal. Thus officially ends the eight-year Raiders career of Asomugha. He reportedly received a five-year deal that guarantees him $25 million from the Eagles. The Raiders gave Routt a three-year contract in March that guarantees him $20 million.

That the Raiders didn’t re-sign Asomugha isn’t a surprise. They took steps during the offseason to gird themselves against the prospect of playing without him for the first time since 2002.

Now the battle to see who replaces Asomugha kicks into high gear, with veteran Chris Johnson the early front-runner and young players such as Walter McFadden, Jeremy Ware, Chimdi Chekwa and DeMarcus Van Dyke in the mix.

Steve Corkran

• Raiders for life

Bears showing more interest in signing Zach Miller than the Raiders are.

#####################################

Hopefully after todays practice, Raiders will just sign the dude.
    Where is Bush? Come on Al….wtf?

• Oakland Bay Bridge Blues

Is there any life left at the office? Gees Al, wake up man, get that ink pen movin.

• Raiders for life

We have 3 TE’s already…I don’t see Raiders bringing back Miller

##############################

Myers, Gordon, and what’s his name.
    Great, Ricky Dudley all over again.
    Brandon Myers has shown signs of life but rookies to replace Miller? Really?

Why is everybody acting like the sky is falling?

Nnamdi Asomugha wasn’t going to re-sign with Oakland unless Al Davis was willing to make him the highest paid CB in NFL history …

D-Jax wanted #21 there, but now he himself is a holdout and Vick still needs a new deal, LOL

• Gerard

433.guest123 Says:
    July 29th, 2011 at 6:42 pm
    Is there a team in the entire NFL less active than the Raiders. Is Al still asleep?

Wake up Al!

FOR REAL. Didn’t Al have the reputation for decades of being such a big wheeler dealer? The “old” Al (well he IS old but I digress) would be snapping up FA’s and spending $ like it’s going out of style. THIS Al is just laying back doing nothing but losing guys. I personally don’t mind losing Nnamdi but at least in the past Al would keep it exciting. It was one of the big things I would look forward to in the offseason; seeing all the moves to try and make the team better. What is up with this?

see ya Nnamdi.

CJ37 & Routt = cool with me!

• Nnamdi21

Gaither a Raider or no?

They’re hedging but you know how Al is about Raider business. Not sure they ever announced CJ’s signing

The fact no ones beating down our door to sign Henderson, Barnes or Walker makes me hope we do take a flyer on Gaither…if we haven’t already…

• DaTruth91

RaiderRockstar Says:
    July 29th, 2011 at 7:04 pm
    see ya Nnamdi.

CJ37 & Routt = cool with me!

———–
    and only u

• CuzImaRaider

427.HowieLongsNeckPad Says:
    July 29th, 2011 at 6:37 pm
    any recommendations where i can find a better blog?

This!

• priesttj

Everybody is filled with anxst at this time of year easily understood but I’d rather make good moves than to just make moves because some fans expect it. It has to fit YOUR team or else it’s just a move to make a move.

They know what they’re doing if players prefer to go somewhere else you have to respect that. It’s not because they’re not trying it has to make sense. Really I’m glad we misse out on some of these guys you want. Because I want to see the people we drafted develope. We also sgned some interesting undrafted players Id like to take the next couple of days and see who’s who.

• severeraiderz

Duck

Quotes around elite because some considered him elite and I didn’t. C is traditionally a very weak position in the draft and still most had him projected as a 3rd rounder. He often times got overwhelmed by big NTs. He is a great technician and understands hand placement but physically he is no more imposing than Samson, who was our best OL the last quarter of the season. The jury is still out as to whether Wiz can consistently get to the second level in the screen game, which became an important part of our offense and something Satele was great at. We needed an upgrade at the C position but at this point I’m not sure its him and I don’t feel he should have been anointed starter without any competition. 2 years down the line I think he will be good and I have no doubt he will be no worse than solid for the duration of his career, but am I sold on him as ever being elite or an instant upgrade…..no.

• Just Win Baby

All these teams throwing big bucks at these free agents are going to have to make some cuts to accommodate their salaries somewhere. I think there will be some quality players available via trade or otherwise after the proverbial shiz hits the fan a little later. Just because we don’t pick somebody up on day one or two doesn’t mean we are going to be inactive. In Corkran’s defense, there really isn’t much to report as far as the Raiders go. He could post up some blathering filler to keep us occupied, but he would get scorched for that too.

• Raiders for life

TJ,
    I’d just like to see the team finish signing impact players.

• http://www.psalm23sportswear.com omniscience

Gathier wont leave without a contract Aso is one player i keep hearing he shutsdown half the field last year no Int no Fumbels no Sacks I think Like 35 tackles that is like 100,000 a tackle will be exposed in Philly When teams threw at him i remember him chasing from behind or getting a PI.

• CuzImaRaider

Just Win Baby Says:
    July 29th, 2011 at 7:12 pm

Yeah but it’s called “inside bay area buzz” and nearly everything having to do with the raiders hasn’t even been posted, get me story on Gaither and his injury history and health now, tell us about some negotiations with Miller, Bush. Fill us in on contract talks with Wimbley, give us some interviews from practice. I know I can find all these things elsewhere but haven’t the time to search. I just wanna come here and get the fix for the offseason!!

With Corkrans lack of enthusiasm leads me to believe the the Raiders share the same lack of interest. Which isn’t true I’m sure. But losing one of our best players today, and the only news of signing an injury prone tackle has me feeling as if we have solidified pole position for the Andrew Luck Sweeps!

• Just Win Baby

Nnamdi was obviously exceptional in man to man coverage. Are the Eagles primarily a man coverage team or do they play a lot of zone packages too? He might not be the shut down corner for another philosophy that he was in our package. Time will tell. I’m not saying he’s going to suck or anything, I just think he might be more easily exploited in a different system.

• http://www.psalm23sportswear.com omniscience

Routt can play how many times did you see himm man to man stride for stride turn around make a play on the ball get called PI remember the K.C game

• Gerard

ENGLANDRAIDER Says:
    July 29th, 2011 at 5:20 pm
    Gerard Says:
    July 29th, 2011 at 5:07 pm
    7 STRAIGHT LOSING SEASONS WITH NNAMDI..DOUBLE DIGIT LOSSES EACH YEAR.

He can cover one on one like nobody else in the league but his presence DOES NOTHING to guarantee jack freakin’ squat for the Eagles.

Raiders didn’t have ONE FREAKING WINNING SEASON with him on the team.
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Oh! That’s why we had eight bad years in a row. It was all Aso’s fault!
    It’s just as well that Al got rid of him just like he got rid of Woodson

My point is that NO TEAM EVER came into Oakland fearing the Raider defense becuz Nnamdi was on the field. Nnamdi is not a game changer but he was getting paid game changer $ in the way a Troy Polamalu is. Polamalu’s presence on the field directly effects the results of games. I’m using Polamalu as a comparison becuz Nnamdi is being touted as the ultimate prize of this free agency period and people are now saying that signing him virtually assures Philly of winning more games. All I’m saying is that sure as hell didn’t translate in Oakland.

• http://www.psalm23sportswear.com omniscience

Hey 2nd in the leauge in sacks last year same front seven keep the preasure create more turnovers maybe with Aso our Safties played soft thinking Aso had it controlled so slacked on that side thats why they were always late more on toes now LOL

• DaTruth91

—————–

its difficult to translate those win in OAK with over 4 head coaches, jamrcus at QB and AL Davis predictable def scheme. But he went somewhere with coaching stability, Mike Vick at QB, and a great def coordinate…hmmm keep blaming Nnamdi for the Raiders short comings

• Raider J

Clarence 13x was a false prophet with his “Nnamdi is staying” prediction. Hopefully he will be right about Gaither coming.

Im converting back from the 5% Nation of the Silver & Black
    to become a Sunni Raider’s fan again

• Raider J

Congrats to Nnamdi for a great 8 yr run.
    He was the rock in the storm.

• elboocho

Namdi was a true Raider. I wish him well unless, of course, he is playing against us. Then I want our WR’s to rip him a new one. Raiders for life. Ex-Raiders are just like all the other players in the league…ENEMIES!!!!:<

• al d. davis

Nnamdi Asomugha aint squat: do the math:

Nnamdi: 8 seasons, 11 INTs, 69 yds returned, 1 TD
    Lester: 10 seasons,39 INTs, 572 yds returned,5 TD
    Rod W : 17 seasons,71 INTs, 1483yds returned,12TD

Elite of the elites?? Shutdown corner?? Never a game changer, never rode out a winning season: Knat on an elephant’s back; midget on the shoulders of giants.

Nnamdi, good luck with your new dog killing pal; and Eagle fans…..you’ll find out, he aint all that he’s cracked up to be. GOOD RIDDANCE!!!

• nader64

Al: I think Nnamdi’s thinking of signing w/ the Eagles because he wants to win the bowl. We should make him think we can win the bowl.

Hue: Good idea. “call me crazy but the Raiders COULD win the Super Bowl!”

• Teflon30

Nnmandi had 8 interceptions in 2006, and 4 interceptions over the the past four seasons. I’m sorry but the guy doesnt make enough plays to be considered an elite cornerback. The dude was all hype, good dude, but all hype. Let’s not forget even last year he got burned by Fitzgerald in Arizona for the deciding touchdown; he gave up over 200yds receiving to Nanee on the Chargers & he can’t tackle. I’ll take my chances with the new guys, who actually want to be here. GO RAIDERS !!!

• Raidernationdave

Routt is spelled T O A S T

• Pingback: mother of the groom speeches

• Pingback: სამედიცინო სერვისები