Steve Corkran

• SnB Production

I hope Al will stop that stupid defensive philosophy of keeping the best CB on the team on one side of the field every play.

What good is an “elite” cornerback if he doesn’t line up against the opponents #1 receiver?

So I guess Chris Johnson or one of the rookies will be getting “thrown at” all the time.

• SnB Production

Losing Miller will FORCE the receivers to step their game up.

The backup TEs on the roster are not going to be significant contributors

• http://raiders.com A.B. Paine III

Stanford Routte has a pretty slick website:

• Pretty Rick

I think the Kameron Wimbley negotiations is what’s holding up other signings from happening with the cap space,, but these GMs are like vultures flying over those FAs waiting to snag one up. I think if we get Wimbley sign then they’ll start working on Miller and Bush,,,I’m just afraid that they’ll be gone by then.

• SnB Production

The Raiders can win with the roster as is…including losing Miller…if..and only if…those receivers start playing like NFL caliber starters

• SnB Production

DHB and Bruce Campbell better get “healthy” Those are two players that can’t afford to be missing reps.

I hope its not a one or 2 week thing here because their “potential” will get them reps on Sunday

• http://raiders.com A.B. Paine III

Bush isn’t going anywhere. He is a restricted free agent.

• armond

snb is right. our wrs have to step up. if they do we will win. there are several teams that arent that active in FA yet. this is the beginning not the end of it. more players will be released over the next week making the market more interesting. i would take waters over carlisle at rg. a lot of teams being more responsible than normal.its hard but we have to be patient and we also need to let our young guys play.

• Just Fire Baby

Kelly Gregg to the Chiefs.

That’s not good news. He has been the NT in Baltimore for almost 10 years running, and is damn good.

• SnB Production

Receivers need to step up and the “new” secondary needs to step up.

Those two units cannot be weaknesses this year…although they will struggle at times.

• TerrapinRaider

Ngata has been the Ravens starting NT for years

• RaidingTexas

Marios Says:
    July 30th, 2011 at 4:27 am
    I don’t recognize half of those guys who ar they Undrafted FAs?

—————————-

I thought the same thing. They are carrying up to 90 guys right now, so not surprising that we wouldn’t know a lot of those faces.

• Pretty Rick

The Bleacher Report still talking about teams dropping out of the Nnamdi sweepsteaks. Did they not get the news over there?

• RaidingTexas

Bleacher Report sucks. We put that matter to rest yesterday. lol

• armond

i think we may have something in sterling moore from smu. watch out for him pelc and the lb francis as udfa’s. our lb’s need to step up more than anyoneon defense. we cant afford 2 tackles from groves and wimbley being invisible for weeks.

• Plunketthead

Nnamdis mom lives in the Boston area where she works her charity out of. Philly is real close and I bet that played a big part.

I think the acting thing was just to see if the Jets or someone would give him an offer to big to refuse.

The biggest deal is all the endorsements and plublicity he will get in Philly with Vick compared to Oakland with Al. That will help his acting carrer more then anything.

• YoungAmerican

Cards get Richard Marshall.

If the Raiders are looking for CB help, they need to grab Cromartie soon.

• YoungAmerican

At this point, considering the uncertainty with Miller, I’d rather the Raiders get a receiver and another vet offensive lineman than CB help.

• Just Fire Baby

Ngata has been the Ravens starting NT for years

******************************

Wrong.

Gregg has started over 110 games AT NT, for the Ravens.

• Just Fire Baby

The Ravens start Ngata at DE, Gregg at NT, and of course slide in Ngata in the middle at times.

But Gregg has manned the 3-4 NT spot for the Ravens since 2002, hence his 100+ GAMES STARTED on his resume.

• http://raiders.com A.B. Paine III

Where is that flim flam man Clarence at? I’m sure we will never here from him again.

• From the Bay 2 L.A. 2 Las Vegas

Just FIRE Baby just burned somebodey!

;)

• From the Bay 2 L.A. 2 Las Vegas

AB3, if Miller signs…he’ll be 2 out of 3, that ain’t bad!

But I know exactly what your talking about..cockee little effer!

• From the Bay 2 L.A. 2 Las Vegas

I know its not the norm to be signing players during the weekend…but I sure hope the Raiders are doing something today!

• http://raiders.com DavisFanRaiderFan

priesttj Says:
    July 29th, 2011 at 11:23 pm
    Bush is not a FB man, McClain is……you guys just don’t understand what kind of player Bush is. Bush is a very rare back, very very rare. If DMC were not here he would be a perrenial all-pro. He beat out DMC in preseason last year and got hurt or he rushes for over a grand and maybe leads the league in TD’s.

——————————–

Lets hope our very rare and very special owner knows how to keep this potential very rare 1000+ yard rusher and league leader in TDs’. Sounds like our unique owner would be nuts and then some not to retain him.

• armond

68.YoungAmerican Says:
    July 30th, 2011 at 8:10 am

——————————————————-
    i dont think we will go after another cb right now. we have to get more linemen. the only wr i would want right now is floyd. if miller falls thru then maybe kevin boss is an option. id like to see us get a good wlb.

• YoungAmerican

Why anyone believes anyone on this blog who claims to have “inside information” is beyond me.

• http://raiders.com A.B. Paine III

Anyone see the Smurfs movie yet?

• http://raiders.com A.B. Paine III

I would like to see Floyd signed and DHB cut immediately.

• Just Fire Baby

What up Ray??

Is it 105 degrees yet?

• From the Bay 2 L.A. 2 Las Vegas

YA, someone I know..knows somebody who lives in Alameda that knows somebody that works at Raiders headquarters….lol!

• http://raiders.com A.B. Paine III

My sister lives in Oakland. Does that count as having inside information?

• YoungAmerican

————–

Raiders like their options at WLB, although Lawson would make them instantly better on that side.

I think the only CB they’d be in the market for is Cro, because of his size and speed and man coverage skills. If they don’t get him, I don’t think they’ll be too concerned.

Still want to see Jarrad Page as competition at FS, but I also feel like the Raiders are happy with Branch and Brown. But they’ve also allegedly been sniffing around Dashon Goldson, so who knows?

I’d like to see OG Evan Mathis or OG Reggie Wells brought in, and OT Langston Walker re-signed.

• http://raiders.com A.B. Paine III

I know this guy who cleans toilets at the Raider Image. He tells me that he overheard Herrera talking on his cell phone while taking a dump. Anyways, he said that that Floyd to the Raiders is a done deal. They are just restructuring some contracts before it can be announced. Expect an announcement shortly.

• From the Bay 2 L.A. 2 Las Vegas

JFB, monsoon season right now…muggy as h3ll out there!

Trust me..never thought I was coming back to this ish hole..but it is what it is!

Too many people I know..and its all about who you know out here, you know?

• SOUL PATROL

I was a huge fan of Aso, but i can remember reading an article about Aso and Big Rich Seymour attending a Giants playoff game in frisco.

That article stated that they were talking about long term goals and getting the franchise back to the bowl. At the time it impressed and excited me.

Now i see that it was just talk on Aso’s part. Another dude looking for the payday! Nevermind that he’s been catered too, that he’s been developed, that he has been a huge part of getting the team turned around…look at his new contract, he was overpaid last season! took the money and ran!

• J Hill

Anyone see the Smurfs movie yet?

—————————————————–

Took the 6 year old and 18 month old yesterday.

Even rolled over to build-a-bear and let them get smurfette dolls, lol.

• Mysterious Crotch Itch

Some people do have inside info YA, there are contacts who just leak it out. I just heard last nite Bush may or may not be back. What I’d like to know on this tho, is where is Al in all of this. Isn’t he the owner? If the Raiders ‘really’ wanted Bush, they’d of locked him in be now…..

Another thing my inside source said, look for Al to do a blockbuster league rattling over the top signing real soon. It’ll make the Aso/Philly deal look like dime store change.

• Teflon30

Nnmandi had 8 interceptions in 2006, and 4 interceptions over the the past four seasons. I’m sorry but the guy doesnt make enough plays to be considered an elite cornerback. The dude was all hype, good dude, but all hype. Let’s not forget even last year he got burned by Fitzgerald in Arizona for the deciding touchdown; he gave up over 200yds receiving to Nanee on the Chargers & he can’t tackle. I’ll take my chances with the new guys, who actually want to be here. GO RAIDERS !!!

• SOUL PATROL

Sorry for the rant…just sayin, if you ain’t with us, you’re against us!

• Mysterious Crotch Itch

Soul Patrol, was that before or after Al dumped Cable.

• SOUL PATROL

Looks like Richard Seymour is the new face of the franchise…i’m cool with that!

• http://raiders.com A.B. Paine III

Teflon30, you are wrong. Nnamdi’s interceptions went down because QBs stopped throwing towards him. He can tackle. And when the Raiders gave up big yards, it usually wasn’t his fault.

• YoungAmerican

Mysterious Crotch Itch Says:
    July 30th, 2011 at 8:35 am

————

I’m sure some people do have inside information. But why would I believe some anonymous dude wasting his time on the IBABuzz comment section?

• http://raiders.com A.B. Paine III

The fact is, the Raiders couldn’t afford to keep Nnamdi because they over payed other players. Someone put a very stupid clause in his contract. And, he was sick of losing. Can’t blame him for leaving.

• J Hill

Jerrymcd Jerry McDonald
    Wimbley seems optimistic about contract extension Will give Raiders cap relief, but make no mistake . . . no Nnamdi was conscious decision

—————————————————–

Raiders didn’t want Nnamdi. Al Davis told you as much in the year end presser. Told you again when he drafted all these corners the past 2 years.

Dueces Nnamdi!

• SOUL PATROL

MCI, yeah i was thinking the same thing. i think that had alot to do with it. Aso has seen way too many coaches come and go.

But you gotta admit, this last coaching change seems to be an upgrade.

• Mysterious Crotch Itch

A.B. Paine III Says:
    July 30th, 2011 at 8:33 am

………………………………………………………………………………………………
    I got a inside tip from a friend who cleans toilets at macdonalds. And he said hererra was in there taking a duece and he overheard hererra on his cell phone rippin Al for not keeping Cable. Hows that for loyalty.

• YoungAmerican

A.B. Paine III Says:
    July 30th, 2011 at 8:41 am

———-

Not only that, but the Raiders promised to move him around and use him in different ways. They’ve been making that promise for several seasons. I’m sure he felt like his talents were being wasted stuck on an island, covering the #2 WR. No blitzing. No packages where he’s close to the LOS like they did with Woodson. He only shadowed the #1 once last season. If I were him, I’d be bored out of my mind playing in Oakland. What’s the use in paying the best CB in the league $15 mill+ when you’re not going to utilize his talents?

• Mysterious Crotch Itch

SOUL PATROL Says:
    July 30th, 2011 at 8:41 am

But you gotta admit, this last coaching change seems to be an upgrade.

————————————

Gotta concur on that one SP