Raiders players, coaches send out special thanks to fans

By Steve Corkran
Saturday, July 30th, 2011 at 12:28 am in Oakland Raiders.

Just received this link from the Raiders and wanted to make sure you got a chance to check it out in advance of its widespread release. Make sure you don’t “skip the intro.”

• J Hill

Our Dline and Oline is what is going to get us the division, not a CB.

• hellsbells

Jarred Page is garbage in coverage.

• SOUL PATROL

This Aso B.S. has me trippin!!

i’m up at 8:30 on a saturday talking smack on the blog!!!

Gotta see his face on Sports Center…F’n hate that sh@t!

I’m out! I’m starting to sound like a biatch!!

RRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIDDDDDDDDDDEEEEEEEERRRRRRSSSS!

• J Hill

Raiders practice notes: Lots of deep throwing, but few connections. Lots of dropped passes, some tough drops, but still drops.

——————————————————-

No Glo haters jumping all over this?

Has to be Glo having to much rotation on the ball or something, eh?

• YoungAmerican

hellsbells Says:
    July 30th, 2011 at 8:44 am

Jarred Page is garbage in coverage.

—————–

12 INTs in five season, and he was only a full-time player in three of those seasons. Also, four forced fumbles.

Not the most consistent player for sure. But he can make plays. He’s a less expensive Michael Huff. Good competition for Branch (who gave up 8 TDs last season) and Brown (who is still an unknown at this point).

• morilla

Raiderzmaverick Says:
    “I am really worried about Routt. I think he’s greatly overrated and overpaid. ”
    ——————-

Some are saying the same about Nnamdi. Look, I like the guy but it was almost cliche to call him the best because no one threw his way. Rivers was never afraid of him and proved you CAN throw his way.

Let’s just wait and see what happens.

• Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

FU MR.

Aso and his agent were well aware that his contract would be voided if he failed to record ONE interception or ONE sack.

Aso dropped an INT in SF and celebrated after the play.

Aso will get burned early and often in Philly and will be in for a rude awakening courtesy of the Philly faithful.

• J Hill

I just heard last nite Bush may or may not be back.

——————————————————

Bush has no options. He’s a restricted FAs

The team has a few. It’s up to the team if they want him back long term or want to trade him.

• Mysterious Crotch Itch

I’m sure some people do have inside information. But why would I believe some anonymous dude wasting his time on the IBABuzz comment section?

———————————–

Because the IBABuzz comment section servers as sort of a ‘support group’ session, if you will, for those on the inside and the outside who love the Raiders and struggle with the futility of the organization.

I got an inside tip that there is even some very high brass in the Raider org. that are here constantly on a regular basis, cause this is the only place where one can disagree with the most high commander of silver and black and not be humiliated and exiled for it.

• YoungAmerican

As I said before, the best thing about Nnamdi leaving is that Routt won’t have to face 100 pass attempts again in 2011.

• YoungAmerican

Because the IBABuzz comment section servers as sort of a ’support group’ session, if you will, for those on the inside and the outside who love the Raiders and struggle with the futility of the organization.

——–

So who are you, mystery man?

Again, I have no legitimate reason to believe you. You could be ANYONE. I’ll believe you when everything you claim to be true actually happens. And even then, I probably won’t believe you.

• YoungAmerican

It’s like all the dudes on here who claim to have access to “game film”.

• Mysterious Crotch Itch

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson Says:
    July 30th, 2011 at 8:48 am
    FU MR.

Aso dropped an INT in SF and celebrated after the play.

—————

Whoa! Pretty serious accusations. If indeed true, then screw that pretty boy. Hope he eats a nasty cheese steak and has the runs during game time. That’ll serve him right.

• http://raiders.com A.B. Paine III

The Cowboys are bigger losers than the Raiders in this Nnamdi deal. They lost their big prize to their biggest rival.

• Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

If you believe 109 I have a bridge I’d like to sell you.

• hellsbells

Guess the Raiders are redoing Wimbleys contract as we speak. Some signings will come after this.

• http://raiders.com A.B. Paine III

Atom Schiftler is reporting that Favre has been seen in Napa.

• Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

You should drop the “mysterious” from your handle.

I think OBVIOUS crotch itch suits you.

• Mysterious Crotch Itch

YA, you are one of the few even keeled no nonsense type bloggers in here with a fair amount logical observations and intelligent conversation.

Some are here for the sheer amusement and other to vent frustrations.

But really, hererra taking a duce at macdonalds? It probably would have been more legit if it was on film.

• 89052RAIDER

J Hill Says:
    July 30th, 2011 at 8:44 am
    Our Dline and Oline is what is going to get us the division, not a CB.

The front seven will be the strength of the team..I also agree Al laid his cards out at the presser and told us exactly what the situation was with Nnamdi. It is clear he no intention to re-sign him. I do not think the timing of the re-signing mean anything. If Al wants Bush and Miller then we sign them. Only he knows.

• Mysterious Crotch Itch

.B. Paine III Says:
    July 30th, 2011 at 8:57 am
    Atom Schiftler is reporting that Favre has been seen in Napa.

====================

• YoungAmerican

Mysterious Crotch Itch Says:
    July 30th, 2011 at 8:59 am

Some are here for the sheer amusement and other to vent frustrations.

—————-

I appreciate it. Obviously I don’t want you to take anything I say as a personal attack or accusation, but I hope most people here would approach anything they read in this blog with a healthy amount of skepticism. After all, making anonymous claims over the internet is pretty much the easiest thing in the world to do.

I do appreciate people who are here to straight-up talk about football, though. There are a few people who don’t seem to be interested in that, strangely enough.

• morilla

A.B. Paine III Says:
    July 30th, 2011 at 8:57 am
    Atom Schiftler is reporting that Favre has been seen in Napa.
    ———————————–

He’s filming a propecia commercial out in the hills.

• Pretty Rick

Why do people think he’s gona cave in from Philly fans? He survived in Raider nation for 8yrs,, Philly should be a cake walk.

• Strange and unknown type of Crotch Itch

Hows that Dr. HST?

• J Hill

112.YoungAmerican Says:
    July 30th, 2011 at 8:53 am

It’s like all the dudes on here who claim to have access to “game film”.

——————————————————

There’s only been one or 2 people talking about actual game film, mayne. Cmon now!

Most of us have taken that and run with it, which is why you see film actually in “”.

“film” = game recorded on the dvr.

• hellsbells

Hope Gaither checks out ok. Would really help the line come together. Also I hope they take a look at Waters. Dude can still play at a high level. Also Grigg from Ravens might be a good look for backup d line.

• morilla

Philly fans are the worst in the NFL. Fact.

• Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

You have obviously never been to Philly.

• Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

TRANSPARENT jock itch.

• Just Fire Baby

Jerry said it is FACT, that Raiders brass reads this blog and the commments. How much do they read, and if they actually comment, nobody knows.

• Favre Sightings

Maybe the signing of Favre will be Als’ blockbuster deal of the decade.

Brett Favre signs a 5 yr, 60.5 million deal with the Oakland Raiders.

• hellsbells

Nobody knows if they can read.

• Just Fire Baby

I enjoy watching Philly fans writh in pain more so than just about every other fan base in all sports, other than Bronco’s fans.

• 89052RAIDER

Signing Miller and a vet Wr makes this whole FA period a success. I think DHB earning whatever role he carves for himself at camp is really a key to improving on last year. That coupled with the improved health of Schilens would make our offense potent. I have complete confidence in the front seven if the offense can put pressure on opposing defenses consistently.

• hellsbells

Between this a YouTube no wonder we are moving so fast.

• morilla

I’ve been to Philly. A couple of times actually and I never plan on going back. Those fans turn on you on a dime. They would tar and feather their own mothers if they blew a coverage or dropped a int.

• From the Bay 2 L.A. 2 Las Vegas

Mysterious Crotch Itch Says:
    July 30th, 2011 at 9:00 am
    .B. Paine III Says:
    July 30th, 2011 at 8:57 am
    Atom Schiftler is reporting that Favre has been seen in Napa.

====================

==================

Let me guess….in the lobby at the Marriott Hotel!

Thank you Jesus…you’ve answered my prayers!!

“Sweeeeet Babeeeee Jeeeesus!”

• Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

At least they don’t live in Albuquerque.

• J Hill

Can someone explain to me exactly how losing Nnamdi is going to make our defense worse?

I mean really, are teams going to pass more against us now?

Are they going to all of a sudden start respecting Routt and throwing away from him?

Are they going to throw at CJ37 more than they do now?

I mean, ZERO INTS AND ZERO SACKS????? Only 13 tackles????

How are things going to change for our defense?

• Just Fire Baby

My cousin went to Drexel, been to Philly around a half dozen or so times.

Fun town, other than every bar has about 50% of the patrons with a cig in each hand.

Couldn’t breathe anywhere!!!

• http://raiders.com A.B. Paine III

I asked John Clayton on twitter if there are any truth the Favre/Raider rumors. I’m waiting for a reply.

• aig-raiders

Per Paul G of SacB….

Go ahead, play with the numbers and realize that Routt is actually making more guaranteed money per year than Asomugha. Then take a deep breath and continue reading.

——————

Effin amazing. Routt makes more guaranteed per year than #21. Later.

• Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

No smoking in Philly bars.

You must have been there a long time ago.

• hellsbells

Only splash so for has been Herrera’s due at Mickey Ds.

• Just Fire Baby

Around 02-05 years.

Wow, good for them.

My cousin lived maybe a few blocks from that outdoor market place, J street, K street something like that.

• hellsbells

Duece.

• Pretty Rick

Philly Fans are still tryna live off the rep of throwing snowballs at Santa Clause. They’re nice and quiet at those 76ers games.

• Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

It’s still not funny.

• morilla

God, where is this Favre info coming from? Please say it ain’t so. Just as we are shedding the “laughing stock of the league” title it would come right back around if this is true.