Blog login troubles

We apologize for our commenting system on the Raiders blog (and others) malfunctioning late this afternoon. I know I speak for Steve Corkran and Jerry McDonald when I say it’s extremely frustrating for us and we really do appreciate your patience throughout this.

Although it’s probably a good thing we can’t see what you guys are saying right now, we enjoy reading your views (most of them, anyway) and look forward to seeing what you think about the Raiders’ depth chart and their upcoming game against Arizona on Thursday.

In the meantime, the folks at MediaNews Group Interactive who maintain our blog’s platform are aware of the problems and are still working to get this resolved.

Jon Becker
Online Editorial Director l Bay Area News Group-East Bay

Jon Becker

• http://ibbahttp://i380.photobucket.com/albums/oo249/the408RAIDER/749px-I-420svg.png 4evaRaider

Yep as always :)

Sail to any exotic locales’ lately?

• http://repealitnow.org MistaBrown

If I’m wrong go ahead and remind me in September.
    ______

# Dakota Says:
    August 10th, 2011 at 11:25 am

Relax, I was just joking….but Nnamdi is going to make you doubters regret him leaving. 6 picks with 2 TDs this year will be no problem for Nnamdi.

***

Dakota,

that depends. is Asante Samuel leaving?

rumor has it they placed him on the trade block.

If he leaves, the opposing QB will just pick on the guy opposite #21 – just like they did when Aso was in Oakland.

I think Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie will play safety

• http://repealitnow.org MistaBrown

B,
    KK hasn’t been seen since tj offered to tune him up…LMAO

• Try Some Reality

And can someone please explain what Routt did to earn that contract? Does he have pictures of Davis doing something he shouldn’t be?

• Raid3rs4ever

Go raiders

• Raid3rs4ever

Routt shut down the number one receiver last year!

• RaiderRetribution

only lock at starting position appears to be Mr. Vehldeer at LT.

Mr. Satele & Mr. Wisniewski are locks to make the 53-man roster with one starting at center (although Stepen seems to have a shot at a starting guard position if Samson keeps his starting job).

Should all things be equal in terms of traing camp performance; I like the idea of Mr. Barksdale starting at RT, Raiders would have solid OTs at both ends for a decade. Mr. Barnes gives instant experience, but I have no problem having him come off bench.

Mr. Schuening will make the roster as I think Mr. Lamaak does as well.

One gets cut between Mr. Loper, Mr. Carlisle, and Mr. Heyer.

• Try Some Reality

Silver – I wish you were in charge of the WR depth chart.

• RaiderRetribution

Raiders 35 – Denver 10

and the routts continue

• http://www.tedhendricks.com/Ted_vs_Montana.jpg BigTed707

Joe Porter over Chimdi and Sterling?!

That “unofficial” Depth chart is a joke!

• Try Some Reality

Silver – If only you were in charge of the WR depth chart.

• http://build-a-bully 909RaiderLifer

suprafresh Says:
    August 10th, 2011 at 11:19 am
    9.J Hill Says:
    August 10th, 2011 at 9:00 am
    DAMN!!!!

I thought the Raider game was live tmw on KTLA.

It’s not on until midnight.

______________
    I just set my DVR to record the game on KTLA at 7pm tomorrow. The game is live.

“““““““““““““““““““““““““““`
    The game will air at 8pm. on KTLA ch.5. You can thank the peter puffing Chargers and BSPN for the delay..

Chargers have the t.v. “rights” to L.A., they’re on from 5-8pm on BSPN.

If, the Chargers and Raiders are playing at the same time, you are stuck with watching the powder blue seeman guzzlers in L.A. ….

• raiderzmaverick

Guys, I see you talking a lot about DHB not being targeted a lot last year. He was targeted a fair amount, but dropped over 50% of the balls thrown his way. One of the lowest competion percentages in the league to go his way.

Now, hopefully, getting him the ball means shorter routes etc. as many of what he dropped were longer routes. Hopefully just shorter passes and try to use his speed to turn a short pass to long gain.

The only problem with that is that I don’t think he seems that natural running with the ball either. I haven’t seen any plays where he made people miss once he had the ball etc.

Hopefully Hue finds works out a way to work to his “strengths” and then build up confidence. DHB to his credit does work hard to get better, and I think he’s already better than he was last year. It’s just that in the present time, I think 4 other WRs are “better” than him in his current state. Chaz is for sure, so is Ford and Murphy. And from the look of things Moore also I’d say is “ahead” in his game than DHB is.

With the game on the line, I’d rather have Campbell throwing to Murphy, Schillins, Ford or Murphy. Any argument to that?

Mr. Schuening will make the roster as I think Mr. Lamaak does as well.

One gets cut between Mr. Loper, Mr. Carlisle, and Mr. Heyer.

***

Retribution, that’s bold!

• Raid3rs4ever

Tomorrow we will see fitz vs routt

• J-Raider

well at least we know who is still running the show(al).. when i saw dhb as our #1 wr on the depth chart i cussed outloud(i was at work in our break room) and everyone looked at me.. hue-jack is being forced to use this piece of shat.. he knows its hopelessand so do i, so im gonna go ahead and make a bet with all you dhb lovers..
    hue-jack is gonna have soup throw the ball at least 10-15 times to dhb throughout every game this pre-season and possibly into the beginning of the season until al finally pulls the plug on dhb and realizes he was wrong for picking up this waste of roster space.. i bet dhb gets at least 50 looks and only catches 18..

• BeAlwaysUrselfCommittingtoExcellence2011

154.MistaBrown Says:
    August 10th, 2011 at 11:35 am
    B,
    KK hasn’t been seen since tj offered to tune him up…LMAO

*******************

I love BHP lol

• J Hill

I just set my DVR to record the game on KTLA at 7pm tomorrow. The game is live.

—————————————————–

Thursday 8/11 7pm = Two and a Half men on DirectTV Inland Empire.

• YoungAmerican

Raid3rs4ever Says:
    August 10th, 2011 at 11:41 am

Tomorrow we will see fitz vs routt

———–

Oh god…

• raidertbone

The question now stands: Will Chaz go on IR before the season starts? Guess that’s why they brought some extra hands into camp.

• raiderzmaverick

YoungAmerican Says:
    August 10th, 2011 at 11:43 am

Raid3rs4ever Says:
    August 10th, 2011 at 11:41 am

Tomorrow we will see fitz vs routt
    —————-
    Hopefully not for too long…ouch

• J-Raider

routt vs fitz = BIG mismatch
    edge most deffinitly goes to fitz..
    luckily we only have to watch that matchup for a couple of drives..

• Silverandblack666

“Silver – I wish you were in charge of the WR depth chart.”

As you can all see a stoned blogger has a more popular opinion on our WR situation than Sanjay Lal!

• http://www.tedhendricks.com/Ted_vs_Montana.jpg BigTed707

# Try Some Reality Says:
    August 10th, 2011 at 11:36 am

******************
    Check the stats. Routt gets top three CB money because he gave a top three CB performance last season.

Check J.Joseph’s stats, and check J.Joseph’s contract, then be thankful we didn’t lose BOTH Routt and Nnamdi this year!

If Al didn’t pay Routt, I guarantee you SOMEBODY would have!

***

maverick,

I assume you meant Moore instead of Murphy twice!

• J-Raider

i really wanted to see what this taiwan jones kid can do for us.. i read his profile and i think we just might have somone more fragile than glass..

• raiderzmaverick

I don’t get HOW in the heck DHB is the #1 on our depth chart. He for sure didn’t prove it last year. And he was “injured” for most of the workouts. I hate it when people get things they don’t deserve because of “potential” as “one day they might be better” when we have better YOUNG players on the roster.

• raidertbone

YoungAmerican Says:
    August 10th, 2011 at 11:43 am

Raid3rs4ever Says:
    August 10th, 2011 at 11:41 am

Tomorrow we will see fitz vs routt

———–

Oh god…
    ___________________________________-

Not to worry … new quarterback, trying to gell with an offense that may be a little suspect, especially in the run game. Everything should be pretty “vanilla” — the Cardinal quarterbacks might get killed, before they even have a chance to throw!

• raiderzmaverick

Ha! Yeah, I meant Moore the 2nd time…

I have a hellova lot more trust just from what I hear from the practices on Moore getting that 3rd down pass with under a minute to go than I would DHB catching it.

• http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/526101/AlDavis1_medium.jpg KoolKell

BeAlwaysUrselfCommittingtoExcellence2011 Says:
    August 10th, 2011 at 11:43 am
    154.MistaBrown Says:
    August 10th, 2011 at 11:35 am
    B,
    KK hasn’t been seen since tj offered to tune him up…LMAO

*******************

I love BHP lol
    ————————————————-
    You little pootbutts sure worry about my whereabouts don’t ya? Lol.

One lives in a trailer, the other lives with his grandparents. pathetic.

• raiderzmaverick

I actually have nothing against DHB personally. I think he’s a good kid. Hard working. Just what pisses me off is that he’s overpaid by far and being given more chances than players who are quite a bit better than him.

• Deja vu

routt vs fitz = BIG mismatch
    edge most deffinitly goes to fitz..
    luckily we only have to watch that matchup for a couple of drives..

————————–

Kolb will be running for his life, making erratic throws. Fitz may have a nice catch or 2.

Kolb, meet L. Houston!

• LTR

only 18 out 50. I’ll take that bet!

• raidertbone

…as do most of us!

Tomorrow we will see fitz vs routt

***

until they’re up 14-7 and everybody starts throwing toast at their TV screen

then CJ37 will put his cape on and save the day

• J-Raider

Coming from Tom Coughlin, it looks as though the earliest we’ll see Giants WR Steve Smith is midseason. He had microfracture surgery.
    1 hour ago
    glad we didnt trade for that guy

• raidertbone

One lives in a trailer

… down by the river

• Try Some Reality

DHB – the good grades for being a “decoy” stops now. Time to show us what you got.

• HairyBush

74.bcz24 Says:
    August 10th, 2011 at 9:58 am
    Purchasing my tickets for the Buffalo game today! Row 2 behind the Raiders sideline! Ahhh I am a happy camper today!

————————–
    I’ll be in the 1st row behind the Raider bench!

• http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/526101/AlDavis1_medium.jpg KoolKell

So, Al has DHB in the starting lineup. Sounds like same ole, same ole.

• J-Raider

SEASON TEAM GP REC YDS AVG LNG TD FD FUM LST
    2009 OAK 11 9 124 13.8 24 1 8 0 0
    2010 OAK 15 26 366 14.1 69 1 17 0 0
    Career 26 35 490 14.0 69 2 25 0 0

he averages 1.35 catches for every game he plays in..
    18 out of 50 is realistic for dhb..

• raidertbone

Let’s agree to disagree — the starting WR position is DHB’s to lose. Raiders have invested the time and the money. He had a chance to work under Hue Jack last year. Hue didn’t have any faith in him, so he didn’t get many balls all year. Hue has vowed to get him in the game. This is Year Three, so this is make-or-break. I’m willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, going into Denver. But dude better start manning up, or else I’m going to have to break out my DHB reference again (DHB = Doesn’t Have the Balls to be a #1)

• Silverandblack666

Raiderzmaverick

Its me vs you first week of FF

let the smack talk begin!

• Try Some Reality

Ted – Woodson sure didn’t sound like a man convinced that he had a top 3 corner on his hands. Work in progress is what he said, right?

• raidertbone

HairyBush Says:
    August 10th, 2011 at 11:52 am

74.bcz24 Says:
    August 10th, 2011 at 9:58 am

————————–
    I’ll be in the 1st row behind the Raider bench!
    _______________________________________________

I’ll be in the 1st row in my den, watching you in High-Def.

• J-Raider

dhb was targeted 65 times last year and caught 26!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• J Hill

I don’t think Al Davis cares more about DHB than winning the games.

If DHB is still #1 on the depth chart, at some point you are going to have to just accept that he is doing what the coaches are asking him to do.

It’s that simple.

• J-Raider

mcfadden targeted 61 times with 47 catches hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

• raidertbone

Try Some Reality Says:
    August 10th, 2011 at 11:57 am

____________________________________-

Woodson is pretty low key and pragmatic. Plus, he’s a rookie coach and has only seen these guys for a little less than two weeks. I don’t think he wants to set himself up for crucifixion just yet. Besides, he’s a Hall-of-Famer, so the bar is probably set pretty damn high!