Jackson mum on rotation

The Raiders went through a 90-minute walkthrough Wednesday in preparation to host the Arizona Cardinals Thursday night at O.co Coliseum.

Coach Hue Jackson said he would be considering player rotations Wednesday night, which means we’ll have to wait and see how it plays out since there is no more media access.

It’s clear the following players will be out with injuries, most undisclsoed: running back Darren McFadden (broken orbital bone), wide receiver Jacoby Ford (broken left hand), running back Taiwan Jones, safety Mike Mitchell, cornerback Chemdi Chekwa and wide receiver Louis Murphy. Others who won’t play include linebacker Bruce Davis, offensive lineman Aaron Pelc, offensive lineman Bruce Campbell and defensive end Trevor Scott.

Scott said he hoped to be returning soon.

— Jackson even had a few Raiders go on to the field for a simulation of pregame introductions and practice standing for the National Anthem.

— Center Stefen Wisniewski and tackle Stephon Heyer both got some snaps in with the first team.

–Wisniewski, tackle Joe Barksdale and free agents Ben Lamaak and Mason Brodine were spotted with hideous haricuts courtesy of veterans. Wisniewski was given a Friar Tuck similar to the one the Broncos gave Tim Tebow last year. Barksdale, who planned on shaving his head after lunch, had something resembling a Mohawk.

Brodine said his barber was Lamarr Houston. Khalif Barnes did the honors for Barksdale.

x–Louis Rankin is fine with getting the rented-mule treatment as the Raiders are without McFadden, had Michael Bush arrive late, dealt with injuries to Michael Bennett and tried to keep 10-year veteran Rock Cartwright fresh.

Rankin has had the most substantial workload of any player in camp and spent part of Wednesday’s session being worked on by trainers. He said he felt better Thursday.

“This is actually the most reps I’ve ever had, including college,” Rankin said. “This is a lot of reps. A lot of guys got banged up early. But it’s a good thing. I feel the more reps, the better. I’m starting to get my legs back under me again. Yesterday was kind of tough on me, but like I said, the camp’s been going pretty good.”

Rankin is thankful for a CBA that prevented things from being even more grueling.

“If we were having two-a-days, I don’t know where I’d be,” Rankin said.

— Wide receiver Nick Miller was back at practice so he should be available to return punts and kickoffs against Arizona.

— Wide receivers Chad Jackson and Derek Hagan continue to make the wide receiver competition interesting with their play of late, although the favorite six are Darrius Heyward-Bey, Jacoby Ford, Louis Murphy, Chaz Schilens, Denarius Moore and Miller.

— Jackson continues to distance himself from the “We’re not losers any more” ending of coach Tom Cable.

“Eight and eight doesn’t cut it for me. I’m not interested in being 8-8,” Jackson said. “I’m interested in being great. I’m interested in our players being great. I’m interested in our great players playing great and I’m interested in our fans being great.

“If that’s the case I’m encouraging all of our fans to get behind this team and watch us because I truly believe that the time is now. I’ve said it and I’m going to keep saying it. Nobody is going to make me stop saying it because that’s what I believe.”

— Regarding the attendance, the paid crowd announced following the game should be a rough approximation of this year’s number of season tickets that were sold. A crowd in the low 20,000s will make it difficult for the Raiders to prevent blackouts even if the team approaches Jackson’s standard.

Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer

• YoungAmerican

The question with DVD is not physical, it’s mental. Kid has all the physical traits you’d want in a corner. Loose, fluid hips, changes direction quickly, great recovery speed. If he can put on some more muscle so he can be more effective at jamming receivers at the line, he’ll be in good shape.

The question I have with him is whether or not he has the football instincts necessary to be a contributor. Hopefully Rod Woodson is the guy who can bring that out of him.

• BeAlwaysUrselfCommittingtoExcellence2011

495.RaiderRockstar Says:
    August 11th, 2011 at 7:48 am
    I’ll be in podunk in February

***

dress warm!

***************************

Oh dont worry…..lil cuzin is most popular guy on Mizzou campus…..I’m sure he knows a “friend” or three that will keep me warm for 5-6 days lol

• BeAlwaysUrselfCommittingtoExcellence2011

500.Silverandblack666 Says:
    August 11th, 2011 at 7:49 am
    I just don’t see how DHB can beat out the other guys on the roster to be our starter.

I really hope that when the season starts Hue has the power to sit DHB and start Murphy or Moore in his place.

If I see DHB starting in week one in Denver then we will all know that AD still has a say in who starts and who sits. He will be castrating our head coach in front of his players by taking away his power. This will not sit well with me.

So Please Hue show us you are the man and sit DHB opening day!

**********************************

Do you know what I am saying?

• BeAlwaysUrselfCommittingtoExcellence2011

499.CJ Legend 34 Says:
    August 11th, 2011 at 7:49 am
    I am pumped up for the first pre-season game of the year!!!

I hope DHB and Chaz catch a flame tonight!!! We need it fellas.

*************************

Well I think it would go a long way for the confidence of the organization and raider supporters if we can see that tonight. Lord knows this game will be a little ragged but we wanna get some positives from it

• Just Win Baby

Turnover on defense to the house, b@uce. I would love to see this season get started on a positive note for this defense and carry on through the rest of the season.

• bcz24

You are one greedy guy Bernie Madoff lol
    **************
    Yes sir may I have another. I would LOVE to go to bed by 11pm easter with the Raiders having a 21pt lead 🙂

• DEATHROW 55

I was really hoping lil niki would of taken advantage of the oportunity on punt returns last year he really didnt do $hit. Ford on the other hand took full advantage of the situation. I am currious to see who are our kr/pr this yr. WE sure do have a lot of weapons to chose from this yr: dvd, t. jones, d.more, ford, n. miller….

I hope DHB and Chaz catch a flame tonight

***

CJL,

they will. one way or another!

• bcz24

I think Ford will do KOR and Tjones will do PR.

• BeAlwaysUrselfCommittingtoExcellence2011

666…..i just got your email……..and u got a reply bruh

• BeAlwaysUrselfCommittingtoExcellence2011

506.bcz24 Says:
    August 11th, 2011 at 7:52 am
    You are one greedy guy Bernie Madoff lol
    **************

****************************

Wouldnt that be a kick in the head?

***

DEATHROW,

Nick Miller is a disgrace to the silver & black.

cut that dude like yesterday!

• LA to TheBay

Think we’ll keep stuff vanilla tonight.

• YoungAmerican

Nick Miller has apparently been dropping a lot of balls this time around in camp. Unlike him. Might be an uphill battle for him if Hagan and Bodiford impressing.

• YoungAmerican

are* impressing

I think Ford will do KOR and Tjones will do PR

***

both are out tonight, so who fills in besides that atrocious smurf wearing #89?

Denarius Moore?

• LA to TheBay

Anybody looking for the debut of some fancy, new zone-blitz defense will probably be disappointed.

• John David Booty

Raider Ray Says:
    August 10th, 2011 at 5:30 pm

WhatGivesMan Says:
    August 10th, 2011 at 5:24 pm
    Raider Ray Says:
    August 10th, 2011 at 5:07 pm
    Hip Hop is the worst music ever created. Seriously, why do the blacks like it so much?

==============

Blacks? What is this the 60s? hip hop is so popular because it allows talentless idiotsd to become “rock stars”. What an over used term
    —————–
    That’s what I’m talking about. Hip hop is talent-less schlock. At least it allows douche bags to act cool and get big stereo systems for their cars. What a joke!
    ____________________________________________________
    Raider Ray, what type of music do you listen to?

Think we’ll keep stuff vanilla tonight

***

Yup – don’t want to tip the hand to the donkeys

Chuck B & Rod Wood just say “multiple” and leave it as that

Hue Jacks offers much of the same from last season with a sprinkle of Air Coryell flavor from Al Saunders

• DEATHROW 55

kolb is going to play a lot this game. Our defence should be licking their chops. If your going to send a message it has to be the first game and that is today. So lets see if this front seven can be a qb killer.

• BeAlwaysUrselfCommittingtoExcellence2011

512.RaiderRockstar Says:
    August 11th, 2011 at 7:58 am

***

DEATHROW,

Nick Miller is a disgrace to the silver & black.

cut that dude like yesterday!

******************************

HAHAHAHA

• TheGeneral

If we have chaz and lou murphy along with jacoby ford sprinkle in dmoore and we are set but we have to give DHB some touches. Im not hating or nothng its just disappointing when he is on the field and he is not the threat people expects. But hopefully he gets it together if not then dont let the door hit you on the way out. Let hagan and maybe jackson get a shot. I do hope DHB does well but how much longer do we have to wait.

• BeAlwaysUrselfCommittingtoExcellence2011

518.John David Booty Says:
    August 11th, 2011 at 8:02 am
    Raider Ray Says:
    August 10th, 2011 at 5:30 pm

WhatGivesMan Says:
    August 10th, 2011 at 5:24 pm
    Raider Ray Says:
    August 10th, 2011 at 5:07 pm

==============

—————–
    ____________________________________________________
    Raider Ray, what type of music do you listen to?

******************************

He is an idiotic troll who would never show up to the Coliseum talking any of this nonsense

• 89052RAIDER

YoungAmerican Says:
    August 11th, 2011 at 7:49 am

RRS,
    the problem is physical with DVD. He was the weakest Db at the combine 5 reps at 225. He has upside but needs time to physically mature. I hope he was sick when he benched.. I would worry a great deal about him in run support. Nickel and dime he could be effective, perhaps.

• BeAlwaysUrselfCommittingtoExcellence2011

517.LA to TheBay Says:
    August 11th, 2011 at 8:00 am

******************************

Naw tonight we wont…..I bet ya the NO game we will just a tad….I know there are a few players that were on the bad end ofthat asswhippin 2 preseasons ago

• BeAlwaysUrselfCommittingtoExcellence2011

520.DEATHROW 55 Says:
    August 11th, 2011 at 8:03 am

********************************

Knock him completely out lol

• 89052RAIDER

I don’t know how many of you remember how strong Eddie Anderson was back in the day…535 bench and sub 4.4 at about 200 lbs…Sick. Nap Kaufman was like that too.

• John David Booty

Raiders win by at least 2 TD’s tonight.

• BeAlwaysUrselfCommittingtoExcellence2011
  • BeAlwaysUrselfCommittingtoExcellence2011

528.John David Booty Says:
    August 11th, 2011 at 8:07 am
    Raiders win by at least 2 TD’s tonight.

******************

I just want the first units to look competent and also see what our depth players will show us……winning the game is cool but it wont really hurt me if we lose like 24-21 ya dig….but a win would make us feel better

• inonewordraider

anyone know a website/channel i can watch the game live 2night in socal? it’s delayed locally till midnight….

John David Booty,

if we finish the AZ game with no significant injuries and the coaching staff gets to evaluate all the players … mission accomplished

thats the purpose of preseason

Didn’t Art Shell go 4-0 in the Preseason and 2-14 in the regular season (2006) ???

I’ll take 0-4 in the Preseason and 10-6 in the regular season, thank you

• YoungAmerican

————–

No, it really isn’t. Again, the tools are all there. If the trainers are doing their jobs, it won’t be an issue. He has a big enough frame that putting on muscle shouldn’t be a problem. Quite frankly, I’m not expecting much tackling skill out of a CB… although it would certainly be a nice bonus. As long as he can get a jam on the line and cover downfield, I’m happy.

I worry about his concentration above all else. He has all the physical tools. He’s not a stiff like a few of the DBs Al has drafted in recent memory. I don’t think there’s any way he DOESN’T add more muscle if he simply does what the training staff asks of him. His body will mature, no doubt. But I have to wonder if his mind will, and how quickly.

• Well tj the bj said Nick Miller is a “DB Killer” and nobody is a better judge of talent than priest!
    ______

# YoungAmerican Says:
    August 11th, 2011 at 8:00 am

• inonewordraider

TheGeneral Says:
    August 11th, 2011 at 8:04 am

at the end of the day he was way better last year than his rookie year I mean after his rookie year who would have expected a 100 yd game? He’s a hard worker so he’ll be improved this year as well

• DEATHROW 55

Ad wilson is counting his blessings that he doesn’t have to see # 20 again on a blitz pick up tonight. Member that zhit last year dmac was blasting him with his face. I guess it caught up to him. Then good ol seebass f’d it up………

• hwnrdr

Hey Rockstar…I apologize if I am wrong but weren’t you in the Nicky Miller camp a couple years back?

• bcz24

Yeah, Rock is a big flip flopper! LOL.

weren’t you in the Nicky Miller camp a couple years back?

***

Hwnrdr,

are you serious?

that guy literally defecates on the principal of winning. get him outta here!

• YoungAmerican

Chiefs sign Gaither..?

• DEATHROW 55

Dhb stat sheet would of looked a hell of a lot better if he would of caught some tougher catches to catch but that were catchable. I don’t remember the exact games but they were difference making plays that he had a chance to make a play but choked, but murphy did too though.

Rock is a big flip flopper!

***

BCZ,

I’m still a fan of Kirk Morrison & Johnnie Lee Higgins.

I was wrong about Marcel Reece & Jacoby Ford. Right about Darren McFadden & Michael Huff

you win some, you lose some. Last year my unsung hero was Travis Goethel. I’ve softened on that stance a bit due to his coverage ability when playing OLB (still think he should get a crack at MLB). Groves played much better as the season progressed

This year my guy is CJ37. I’m going to battle with him as my darkhorse

new post

• John David Booty

BeAlwaysUrselfCommittingtoExcellence2011 Says:
    August 11th, 2011 at 8:10 am

528.John David Booty Says:
    August 11th, 2011 at 8:07 am
    Raiders win by at least 2 TD’s tonight.

******************

______________________________________________________
    Completely agree. And thats where my prediction comes from, an expectation that the starters are better than AZ’s, and that are reserves, talent wise, Id give a major advantage to. I dont think AZ’s D is gonna be anywhere close to prepared for our O yet. So I think think we will see at least 10 points from our starters.

• dvrick

# 8RaiderReign8 Says:
    August 10th, 2011 at 7:34 pm

How do you guys feel Arizona prepares us for the Donkeys?
    ************************************************************ BY Whipping our butts!!

• StraitOutofComptonRaidr

The Oakland Raiders are back tonight! Im a little scared of what the Oline might look like. I get the feeling that Lil Wiz is no where near close to be our starting center.

• dvrick

Jackson a foooo!!

• DEATHROW 55

Jackson will be our next chucky!!

• dvrick

No backs no receivers we better get ready for a beat down,HUE SUCKS!!