Raiders sign pair of safeties

The Raiders signed safeties Matt Giordano and Josh Bullocks, according to their Twitter account.

Giordano, a fourth-round draft pick out of Cal in 2005, has played for Indianapolis, Green Bay, Atlanta and most recently was property of New Orleans.

Bullocks was a second-round pick out of Nebraska in 2005 who most recently played for Chicago, making 11 tackles last season.

The Raiders lost free safety Hiram Eugene to a disclocated hip. He underwent surgery and is expected to be placed on injured reserve. During Sunday’s practice, Stevie Brown went down in a heap with an ankle injury defending a long pass to Darrius Heyward-Bey.

Brown got up under his own power but was limping.

Undrafted free agent Zac Etheridge was also lost in the Arizona game with a knee injury.

Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer

• J Hill

And Jhill u wanna talk? Let’s get on all the Julie Newmar pppphag schit worn by the Laker trash after the games…..oh yeah Kobe’s manly h0m0 photo shoot?

—————————————————–

Yeah that Kobe photo shoot was some phhaaggiitty shhhhh

See how I jump right on that and bash with you?

The POINT is NONE of you jumped on Hue’s choker. STILL haven’t clowned it. Kinda gives the impression you’re cool with it, lol.

• BeAlwaysUrselfCommittingtoExcellence2011

Sanchez lol…..cant be serious? That guy is average

• M Lonetree Says:
    August 15th, 2011 at 5:32 pm

so, after millions of years, having trekked from the tree where man was born to populate an entire planet, for good or ill, the best way to spend a life on Earth is to each and every day spew venom at an elderly man because of the way he runs his football team? Wow. That is the furthermost definition of “pathetic” that can be offered.
    ————————————————-
    Oh my gawd, how horrible of mankind….:-(

• J Hill

Julie Newmar

—————————————————–

Who ??????

• BeAlwaysUrselfCommittingtoExcellence2011

And even worse u damn sure backed down to BHP lol

• BeAlwaysUrselfCommittingtoExcellence2011

Jhill…..long story short yall LA cats always dressed very questionable and u know it!

• Just Fire Baby

Sanchez I’m not so sure about. Tough to get a read on.

He has epic stinkers, but you look at his playoff stats, and he has played pretty well.

100+ QB ratings in playoff wins is nothing to sneeze at.

• BeAlwaysUrselfCommittingtoExcellence2011

U can bust jokes all day but Im serious as hell about yall dress style…….out of ppocket for thee longest

• Plunketthead

jfb 10 – 4
    I read your stuff on blitzing and I agree.
    Hopefully Things have changed and our front four will start getting pressure on QB’s. Combine that with some different looks, play some zone once in awhile and we can start winning the AFC West again

• BeAlwaysUrselfCommittingtoExcellence2011

Vegas……that h0m0 will never win a title

• Just Fire Baby

My wife thinks that greasy-bastard is good-looking too.

I hope we Theisman his leg in week 3, so I can laugh at him and her.

• BeAlwaysUrselfCommittingtoExcellence2011

pft today showed the clown sanchez is lol

• J Hill

You draft Gallery over Rivers?

——————————————————

NO ONE was saying Rivers when we drafted Gallery.

If anything, the alternative should have been Fitzgerald.

Al Davis was getting praised by EVERYONE for taking the prototype LT that would anchor the position for at least 10 years.

“Can’t miss” is what EVERYONE said.

No way you can play monday morning QB on that draft pick and say it was a bad GM move.

AT THE TIME, it was a GREAT move.

• BeAlwaysUrselfCommittingtoExcellence2011

Vegas…..women have always thought phags were good looking…..Rock Hudson anyone?

• GoodOle00
  • Just Fire Baby

The Bob Gallery-Jake Grove draft is point #3,742 why drafting O-lineman at the top of the draft is pointless.

You can pick up a Daniel Loper off the street, paying him 1/10th of Bob’s salary, and get roughly the same level of production.

Veldheer will make more Pro Bowls than Russell Okung, and do so while costing way less money.

• JB

Starting Day Line-up O-Line:
    Veldheer, Lil’ Wiz, Satele, Heyer & Barksdale. The rest of the group will include: Soup, DMac/Bush, Reece, Boss, Ford & DHB. DMoore will end up in the slot I believe.

I also believe Ausberry will be the #2 TE.

• Just Fire Baby

We left Darrius Heyward Bey out of that equation because he’s been nicked up first with undisclosed nicks and dings all pre season.
    He only returned for the last two practices and toward the end of this one seemed like he might be somehow injured again.

********************************

This guy.

DHB gets a huge pass in here.

Missed the end of the first year, getting hurt in practice.

Sissied out of the Denver game last year, with the flu. Seriously!!!!

Dinged again, in practice. The tooth-ache thing.

Gives himselves the thumbs-up for games, when he doesn’t record a catch.

Seriously, he is starting to piss me off more for what he does throughout the week than on Sundays!!!

• Just Fire Baby

Starting O-line:

Veldheer-Wiz 2.0-Satele-Carlisle-Barksdale

I rewatched the film last night, and not sure what the hype was with Heyer.

He let the 3rd string DT come in and blast Edwards!! Wiffed on a few other blocks as well.

• JB

JFB

For whatever it’s worth, this is DHB’s make it or break it year. He either produces significantly or he gets kicked to the curb, traded or whatever. We can’t afford, time-wise, to wait for him any longer. We now have other real players who can produce hat want into the line-up. HuJack needs to win and I believe he will do just that using the players who actually produce when given the opportunity.

• TerrapinRaider

Damn dude, players get injured. Bey plays most games. Unlike Schilens.

Hue is running a tuff camp. We have plenty of players getting nicked up. So long as they are ready for the opener.

Seems to me you just have an axe to grind.

• JB

Don’t see Carlisle sticking with the starting lie-up. Back-up OK but NOT starting. Too light & too long of tooth. His best day are well behind him IMO.

• TerrapinRaider

Just Fire Baby Says:
    August 15th, 2011 at 5:51 pm
    Starting O-line:

I rewatched the film last night, and not sure what the hype was with Heyer.

********************

Oh boy, here you go again. We are not talking about Heyer at LT. We are talking about Heyer at LG. Big difference. Watch the 2nd offensive series then come back.

• JB

It will be interesting to see if BCampbell can step up and make the grade at Guard. He’s had 2 years experience on the other side of the ball (defense). With his size & strength, I wonder if he may be better suited at DT? JHenderson doesn’t have all that much left in the tank. Just saying…

• TerrapinRaider

If Heyer were so bad he would not be given the oppty to start on the OL. So obviously the coaches disagree.

He is getting 1st team reps at LG and now RT.

If they are really itching to get Wiz out there they very well may start Wiz next to Barksdale opening night.

I think its dicey, but hey, if they are the best, they are the best.

Veldheer-Heyer-Satele-Wiz-Barksdale

• TerrapinRaider

But if BCamp shows up strong that can all change.

• TerrapinRaider

If you think DHB gets a huge pass in here, you seriously need to get a reality check. Exclamation point!

• Bruce Campbell is a huge mystery. Doesn’t even sound as if he’s in the picture anymore.

• TerrapinRaider

KoolKell Says:
    August 15th, 2011 at 6:03 pm

********************

No I disagree there because I caught Hue’s presser last night. He mentioning the line being in flux and ‘certain’ players injured and just getting back into things. Sounded like he was elluding to BCamp to me as if he is interested to see what he’s got. Possibly refering to Heyer as well.

• JB

KoolKell Says:
    August 15th, 2011 at 6:03 pm

*************************

• TerrapinRaider

Assuming Bey comes on strong – Bey, Moore, Ford could be one hell of a trio. Speed out the azz!

• J Hill

DHB gets a huge pass in here.

——————————————————

You can’t be serious.

• That’s why I was speculating about a reassignment to the defense. It sounds as if the O-Line is moving forward without him. As a run stuffing DT, all he needs to do is stuff the middle of he line and don’t let anybody get by. His size & strength would seem to be a positive in that environment. Less self-discipline would be required to be successful.
    —————————————
    Sorry, that sounds like a video game move.

• TerrapinRaider

Thats called good drafting

• J Hill

JFB,

Feel free to cue up the DVR so we can watch Heyer at LG from the 2nd series on.

He was a BEAST at LG with the ones!

• Twocents

Two rookies on the right side of the OL? I don’t think so.
    I think Carlisle will start until somebody moves him out.

• JB

TerrapinRaider Says:
    August 15th, 2011 at 6:09 pm

**************************

Add to that DMac swinging out into pattern and Ausberry subbing for Boss. That has to be a very scary scenario for opposing DC’s.

• JB

Twocents Says:
    August 15th, 2011 at 6:11 pm

Two rookies on the right side of the OL? I don’t think so.
    I think Carlisle will start until somebody moves him out.
    ************************
    Wiz 2.0 & Barksdale would be a significant upgrade over what we had last year. Carlisle @ 295#’s is just not going to cut it on this line.

• TerrapinRaider

JB Says:
    August 15th, 2011 at 6:11 pm
    TerrapinRaider Says:
    August 15th, 2011 at 6:09 pm

**************************

****************************

Thats the scary thing about this team JB. I can’t think of any team in the league with so many weapons.

N.O. may come close; but they don’t have a FB running WR routes with hands to match! They don’t have WRs across the board that are burners. They don’t have a RB of McFadden’s caliber.

When you have a FB running routes like Reece that sht is scary man!

• TerrapinRaider

FBs running 4.40s LOL~! That sht is crazy man~!

I would not want to face that kind of team.

There best hope is getting to the QB. Campbell is being given some hellified weapons. Its up to him to use ’em.

• Twocents

I would like to see a little more of Barksdale and Wiz before I can join the bandwagon.

Hope and change is rampant in the pre-season.

• Just Fire Baby

J,

Watching my Gigantes ahora, but will cue up the video another day.

I didn’t think Heyer looked all that great in the second half, but I can be swayed.

And yes, I think DHB gets a pass in here. Two easy ways to start a purse-fight in here, trash DHB or MM34.

• JB

TerrapinRaider Says:
    August 15th, 2011 at 6:19 pm

FBs running 4.40s LOL~! That sht is crazy man~!

I would not want to face that kind of team.

There best hope is getting to the QB. Campbell is being given some hellified weapons. Its up to him to use ‘em.
    ***********************

This is why the right configuration on the O-line is so important. If the O-line an do it’s job well, we should be almost unstoppable. Soup has the skill set to complete the passes, he just needs the time to do it. That, and hands that can hang on to it.

• BeAlwaysUrselfCommittingtoExcellence2011

I mean jhill whats to comment on about Hue’s fit game? How many coaches can dress…spare me dude. I only wondered why no Raider shirt is all. Only coach that can dress down like a mackadosious king is Al davis…..im buying a jump suit and glasses to look like Al Davis this season…….CODE BLACK

• TerrapinRaider

This team has talent across the board. Every position. You fix that OL and we will go far – very far. Its critical.

• JB

BeAlwaysUrselfCommittingtoExcellence2011 Says:
    August 15th, 2011 at 6:25 pm

******************

ROFLMAO – very funny. See Raider Image. Jump Suits now on sale. AD logo shades too!

• BeAlwaysUrselfCommittingtoExcellence2011

JB u damn right!…..and yes Carlisle 295 lb frame aint gonna cut it in ower scheme….muust find a bigger and better RG

• JB

I realize there’s only been one preseason game played so far but I felt Edwards played himself into the #2 QB slot. Any other opinions?

• BeAlwaysUrselfCommittingtoExcellence2011

Al Davis jumpsuits, black ray bans and a towel so Kell can kee my shoes shined and schit

• BeAlwaysUrselfCommittingtoExcellence2011

JB naw……if he does well and boller sucks in SF then Id be down