Rookie WR Denarius Moore talks about early-season success

Rookie wide receiver Denarius Moore has burst on the scene in a way few rookies do in the NFL, especially fifth-round draft picks. He is making eye-opening, jaw-dropping plays on a regular basis at training camp. Through it all, the Tennessee product takes it all in stride. On Sunday, he fielded several questions about how he views his role with the Raiders, what it’s like to garner so much attention and how he approaches his job.

Q: What kind of expectations did you have when you arrived at camp?

A: “Just coming in and proving to the team what I’m capable of doing, trying to make the team and showing the coaches what I’m capable of doing, also.”

Q: Are you playing above your head or is this the every-day Denarius?

A: “I hear it here and there, coaches say I’m doing a good job, players say I’m doing a good job, they actually talk to me more. So, I guess I’m fitting in pretty well with the team right now.”

Q: What’s your reaction to Hue Jackson singing your praises all the time?

A: “It feels pretty good hearing it from the head coach. This is my first time actually hearing it. But hearing it from him, it means a whole lot to me right now.”

Q: Nice to be compared to Jacoby Ford by Jason Campbell?

A: “I know he’s fast like I’m fast, but Ford, running side by side, he has me on that one. Him comparing me to Jacoby Ford is a big deal for me right now.”

Q: Anything you need to work on?

A: “Still working on my blocking techniques, catching the consistent passes, and then working in and out of my breaks.”

Q: How did you survive getting your hair cut when the other rookies got buzzed?

A: “My position is not pretty much hyped up on that right now, but I do hear here and there that my eyebrows are going to be cut off. It’s coming soon.”

Q: Will it be while you’re sleeping?

A: “No, they’re going to wait until right before the game and then they’re going to cut them.”

Q: Your stock soaring because of all the injuries to the other receivers?

A: “It sort of threw me out there on the street real fast. I have to learn everything real fast, pick up on the offense real fast. So, by them going down, it’s just a chip on my shoulder right now that I got to prove that I can learn the playbook fast enough, faster than other rookies, and that they can depend on me if they want to.”

Q: Any veteran receivers taking you under their wing?

A: “All of them pretty much put me up under their wing. Darrius Heyward-Bey put me up under his wing. Jacoby Ford, Louis Murphy, all of them, pretty much put me up under their wing. Even though it feels good, they still help me out on the side.”

Q: Do you have the mind-set that every pass your way is yours?

A: “Yeah, that’s how I feel. If the ball’s thrown my way, if it’s around my area, that I can catch it. It should be mine.”

Q: Nice to see fellow receivers such as DHB taking care of you during practice?

A: “Yeah, it’s like we’re joking back and forth. Even though he’s tired, I may be tired, we joke back and forth with each other just to keep the practice going by fast.”

Q: What’s it like having things go so fast. How is the chemistry in games?

A: “It should be the same as practice, a little bit more faster tempo here and there. That’s why we practice so hard, so it can just come easy during the game.”

Steve Corkran

• BeAlwaysUrselfCommittingtoExcellence2011

530.Raider Ray Says:
    August 15th, 2011 at 2:03 pm
    I’m a cop.

*****************************

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA my god did you hear that? HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

• BeAlwaysUrselfCommittingtoExcellence2011

Fake Ray is now a cop….no wonder the racism huh “Crash”?

• Thec07

Ray, what city are you a cop in?

• BeAlwaysUrselfCommittingtoExcellence2011

Fake Ray Cop…..dont blame black people for your shortcomings….this life is on YOU no one else….spare us your excuses

• http://raiders.com Raider Ray

BeAlways, what about it. I work as a police officer in Los Alamos, New Mexico.

• BeAlwaysUrselfCommittingtoExcellence2011

3.Thec07 Says:
    August 15th, 2011 at 2:05 pm
    Ray, what city are you a cop in?

***************************

Nowhere lol….possibly Mayberry

• Silverandblack666

“I’m a cop”…..where?

Lets meet I want to defecate in your mouth you lackey government worker draining our economy.

• Thec07

cockran, i read this article at least a day ago…why are you just now posting????

• BeAlwaysUrselfCommittingtoExcellence2011

5.Raider Ray Says:
    August 15th, 2011 at 2:05 pm
    BeAlways, what about it. I work as a police officer in Los Alamos, New Mexico.

*******************************

HAHAHAHAHAHA….please officer tell us your name…I’m sure authorities would love to know they got a klan member on the force

• BeAlwaysUrselfCommittingtoExcellence2011

lol 666….do you know what i am saying

• http://raiders.com Raider Ray

I suggest you boys never visit Los Alamos. The weather can be quite brutal.

• Dakota
  • BeAlwaysUrselfCommittingtoExcellence2011

11.Raider Ray Says:
    August 15th, 2011 at 2:08 pm
    I suggest you boys never visit Los Alamos. The weather can be quite brutal.

********************

you mean the tasers, pepper spray and night sticks to oppress regular citizens?

• Thec07

Raider Ray Says:
    August 15th, 2011 at 2:08 pm
    I suggest you boys never visit Los Alamos. The weather can be quite brutal.

+++++++

Ray you can honestly say you go out of your way to hurt people from another race?

• Silverandblack666

Like anyone was ever interested in visiting Los Alamos.

What is that some kind of old folks retirement community?

Yes b@uce I think I know what you are saying….

• Thec07

Best Denarius Moore hightlight…

• http://raiders.com Raider Ray

Thec07 Says:
    August 15th, 2011 at 2:10 pm
    Raider Ray Says:
    August 15th, 2011 at 2:08 pm
    I suggest you boys never visit Los Alamos. The weather can be quite brutal.

+++++++

—————
    Whoa, I never said that. We protect and serve all peoples. Let’s just say the weather don’t take too kindly to cars with California plates.

• Dakota
  • inonewordraider

530.Raider Ray Says:
    August 15th, 2011 at 2:03 pm
    I’m a cop.

it would be fun to do a jeapordy special: cops vs quarterbacks

• BeAlwaysUrselfCommittingtoExcellence2011

17.Raider Ray Says:
    August 15th, 2011 at 2:13 pm
    Thec07 Says:
    August 15th, 2011 at 2:10 pm
    Raider Ray Says:
    August 15th, 2011 at 2:08 pm
    I suggest you boys never visit Los Alamos. The weather can be quite brutal.

+++++++

—————

********************************

In other words….yes

• LTR

Raiders for life Says:
    August 15th, 2011 at 2:04 pm
    I was there, best show I seen from them and I’ve seen a dozen or more tours. Lifeson needs some respect that guy is lights out

#########################################

Believe it or not…Rush is not in the Rock n Roll hall of fame. That should of happened 10 yrs ago
    ————————————————
    Rush-
    #3 all time number of gold records
    R&R hall of shame is a joke

• BeAlwaysUrselfCommittingtoExcellence2011

19.inonewordraider Says:
    August 15th, 2011 at 2:13 pm
    530.Raider Ray Says:
    August 15th, 2011 at 2:03 pm
    I’m a cop.

it would be fun to do a jeapordy special: cops vs quarterbacks

*******************

We know who is more educated lol….QBs by far

• Thec07

+++++++

Ray, were you born in Los Alamos?

• Nnamdi21

I like both of our Moore’s on O and D.

I hope Jarvis Moss works out because if he does live up to his draft potential our D line is going to be monsterous!

• Dakota

Q: Any veteran receivers taking you under their wing?

_____

…and then proceeded to drop him.

• BeAlwaysUrselfCommittingtoExcellence2011

Fake Ray…everytime you come in here you make it a point talk bad on black people….its apparent you got a deep seeded issue and it comes out in your post….bet you wont come to oakland and say any of that schit

• http://raiders.com Raider Ray

Thec07 Says:
    August 15th, 2011 at 2:15 pm

+++++++

Ray, were you born in Los Alamos?
    —————
    I’m originally from L.A. That’s why I’m a Raider fan. I had to get out. The city wears you down after a while.

• Dakota
  • hwnrdr

Wow…a racist cop? Really…
    Anyways…the only thing I did not like about that article, in which yes, Thec07, I have read that yesterday, too…DHB took this kid under his wing???

• Nnamdi21

Hey Ray, theres a song by Ice T you should hear…

• Thec07

++++++++

how did the other races treat you? fair or with hatred, and disdain?

• http://raiders.com Raider Ray

BeAlwaysUrselfCommittingtoExcellence2011 Says:
    August 15th, 2011 at 2:16 pm
    —————-
    I went to a game in Oakland once. After my experience going to L.A. games, I knew it could be a bit scary. I brought my taser to the game. Flashed the security guy my badge, he let me take it in no problem.

• Thec07

hwnrdr Says:
    August 15th, 2011 at 2:17 pm
    Wow…a racist cop? Really…
    +++++

We are both junkies for anything Raiders….

• BeAlwaysUrselfCommittingtoExcellence2011

27.Raider Ray Says:
    August 15th, 2011 at 2:16 pm
    Thec07 Says:
    August 15th, 2011 at 2:15 pm

+++++++

Ray, were you born in Los Alamos?
    —————

***********************

Guy is lying yall…last year he claimed he took a pic with Bruce grad and showed it but PEDOchet called him out and proved he was fake…it was from a frat party in OHIO!……guy is a liar

• Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

MR, you are sad.

new post

• Silverandblack666

“We protect and serve all peoples.”

Liar you are a revenue generator for the state. The only thing you protect is money going in to your government coffers.

• Plunketthead

How about Lovie Smith protesting the new kickoff rule by kicking off from the 30 anyway?

• rob_raider

so i guess there shouldn’t be police? bad cops suck but don’t just rip on cops in general and make stupid blanket statements.

• rob_raider

and the 666 part of your name is not scary, just sad.

• rob_raider

i haven’t read any of ray’s racist comments, if there were any, so don’t think i’m defending him directly.

• rob_raider

raiders signed josh bullocks, safety. interesting. vet signed b/c of eugene injury. but they already have brown/mitchell/boyd for backuos. is he camp body or does he have a chance to knock out brown or mitchell?

• rob_raider

also matt giordano. could mean mitchell’s injury more serious than thought and/or they are unhappy w/ backup safeties. and huff may be playing much more CB b/c of how bad the reserves have looked.

• rob_raider

bills released aaron maybin. could raiders go after him? he has sucked so far but was #1 pick 2 years ago.

• raiderfancincy

Phuck da POLICE!!!
    if Buffsuckalo doesnt want maybin,why the hell should RAIDERS????

• dvrick

if Buffsuckalo doesnt want maybin,why the hell should RAIDERS????********************************************************* BECAUSE THAT’S WHAT THE WAIDERS DO!!! SIGN SUCKY PLAYERS EVERY ONES LEFTOVERS!!!

• dvrick

2-14 CODE FLAT BLACK LONG SEASON AHEAD!!!

• Pingback: Raider News | Rookie WR Denarius Moore talks about early-season success

• rob_raider

uh, let’s see. ted hendricks. lyle alzado. jim plunkett. tyrone wheatley. kamerion wimbley. all players that were given up for dead and the raiders took them in and they excelled. many more over the years. al davis loves talent. he always looks at guys who could still turn it on. jarvis moss and trent edwards could be next. maybin might not work out but taking a low-risk look at him since we are thin at LB wouldn’t be a bad idea. he’s quick and athletic. just couldn’t keep his weight up enuff to play DE or LB. Could he be a Mike Mitchell-type LB/SS hybrid who blitzes from the secondary?

• imaquaman

who was the greatest free agent,or trade the raiders picked up?