QB Campbell back at practice Monday, TE Boss week to week

By Steve Corkran
Sunday, August 21st, 2011 at 5:44 pm in Oakland Raiders.

Raiders coach Hue Jackson said in a conference call Sunday night that quarterback Jason Campbell likely will be cleared to practice Monday in Napa. Tight end Kevin Boss won’t be so fortunate.

Boss took a helmet to the knee at the end of a reception against the 49ers on Saturday night, and he wound up with an injury that is going to keep him out for an undetermined length of time. Jackson said Boss is “week to week.”

Jackson said the same thing about wide receiver Chaz Schilens when Schilens suffered a leg injury against the Arizona Cardinals. Schilens hasn’t practiced with the team ever since. Jackson said Boss’ timetable is comparable to that of Schilens.

Campbell still has to pass a series of tests before he is cleared to play. He spent part of Sunday undergoing tests to determine whether he suffered a concussion when 49ers linebacker Ahmad Brooks kneed him in the head.

I am filling in for beat writer Jerry McDonald today. So, I need to write a story for the newspaper before I return to wrap up this blog entry.

Follow me on Twitter: @corkonthenfl

• Stickem

Sounds like the only one who isn’t injured is Al…

Whatta ya mean no one’s seen ‘em at practice?!?

Scratch that. They’re holding training camp at Napa County General Hospital this year…

• Master Beeecham

What’s up with all the lame violence, brahs? Why can’t everyone just party serious and get loose on Grey Goose?

I watched the game on my new 4D big screen, got it set up near the hot tub so I can get my soak on, down mad margaritas and mack on my babes during tv timeouts.

Getting ready to DJ the pool party at the Ritz, gonna smash up a little Cameo up with some Lady Antebellum. Might keep my pants buckled loose so they’ll fall down during the set and I can get a sweet bj.

Hope Brian the Genital wasn’t the poor dude in the bathroom who got smacked around. As much as we trash the poor punching bag on the blog, he’s a human being who deserves decency.

NUFF RESPECT

• stablersbeard

I’m glad Campbell is up and around….

• LA to TheBay

Why would Amy Trask even single out the Raiders??? Keep it generic or include both teams’ fans in your statement.

Like these norteno 9er eses weren’t up to no good? Get outta here with this BS. Can’t do a family thing with all that going on.

• LA to TheBay

Man I wish Campbell got knocked out instead of these drunk fans. Or maybe one of ‘em can knock some sense into him. Deer in the headlights punk.

• Misses Beeecham

You dirty SOB, if you think you can play those fcked games like you do and ingnore me you fat basterd, get home and pick up the trash the dosgs spilled all over the street, you no good for nothing dslob.

And keep it yup with that fantasy world you live in and I’ll yank that knob right out of ya. You pathetic terd, get your ass back here to this trailer amnd fix the damn toilet, piece of sh1t.

• Misses Beeecham

I’m drunk and I’m mean and nasty and if you aint here by nighttimne i’m goin out on the town and f9inds a real man, someonee who has some meat, you rank loser. take a damn shower the whole rtrailer done stunk cause of u.

• LA to TheBay

Boss will be fine. He got up and played the next down. Chaz isn’t able to do that.

Boss will be good to go by next week. If not, he’ll be good by wk 4 if the starters aren’t shut down (or ones with even minor injuries).

• LA to TheBay

Sh;t gotta follow the Raiders and hang over us like a dark cloud.

• stablersbeard

I’m just hoping they’re getting all of the sloppy out of sync stuff out of the way now, they just haven’t looked good so far. O-line still has a ways to go. McFadden may be the worst CB in the league. Campbell still has trouble with the speed of the game. It always looks like things are happening too fast for him. Hopefully it’s off season rust.

On the positive side, DHB looks quite a bit better, even though he still looks like he’s catching the ball with his body. Moore looks like the real deal.

• qodrn

1. A ding is worse than a nick. A nick means the player won’t miss a game; a ding means who the hell knows?

2. The Raider-49er violence was a leading item on the Fox News AM show today.

3. Except for the shootings, this was a pretty mild game for this rivalry.

4. If the Raiders go 2-14, maybe WE can get Andrew Luck.

5. Getting ready to watch more games on the computer.

6. I am starting to miss Cable.

• http://Raiders4Ever.com 860Todd Christensen

If were’re “Building A Bully” start showing these young guy’s film from the 60′s, 70′s, 80′s and show these fella’s the Tradition! BTW, Sho-Nasty played High School ball here, and has left a Legacy. No one can step up and fill it! Raider On!!!

• J Hill

Glo made one bad decision, LA.

• Raider On

12.860Todd Christensen Says:
    August 21st, 2011 at 6:04 pm
    If were’re “Building A Bully” start showing these young guy’s film from the 60’s, 70’s, 80’s and show these fella’s the Tradition! BTW, Sho-Nasty played High School ball here, and has left a Legacy. No one can step up and fill it! Raider On!!!

_______________________________________________________

These are not your fathers Raiders.

• http://raiders.com Raider Ray

LA To TheBay Says:
    August 21st, 2011 at 5:59 pm
    ———
    F*ck you

• TheGeneral

Welp no pryor for us

• qodrn

7. There is obviously something really wrong with Al Davis. The future may be here.

• http://Raiders4Ever.com 860Todd Christensen

Raider On, I’ve been a fan since 1964, and you?

• LA to TheBay

860,

Apparently this is what Hue has been trying to do by brining in ex-Raiders of the 60s and 70s. Seems like he’s been trying to re-establish the old Raider image and way of life.

Didn’t help much, huh?

Man, grab me some of those fans outta their seats and they would play with some more intensity than these professionals did last night.

It’s preseason and we’re a better team than that but there’s no reason to go out there and look like a bunch of p*ssies.

Oakland needs a bully. Oakland needs a team that can stop the run and punish people over the middle with some big, mean dudes knocking people over on both O and D Line.

We played like that for several games last season, so I know we’re capable of it. Hopefully this serves as an early wake up call.

Get yo SH;T TOGETHER.

• Raider On

18.860Todd Christensen Says:
    August 21st, 2011 at 6:09 pm
    Raider On, I’ve been a fan since 1964, and you?

—————————————

1977

• LA to TheBay

J,

At least two. He missed Boss and he missed DHB.

He’s got first round measurables but junior high drive. Dude get’s scared sometimes, or looses focus, I don’t know.

I know we can’t have him turning in performances like he did against TN and Pitt last year.

• http://raiders.com Albert Bigelow Paine

With all these bad vibes permeating Raider Nation, I thought it might be neat to share how we all became Raider fans. I’ve been a fan since 1985. Inherited the fandom from my father. Coincidentally, soon as I became a fan, they started sucking.

• LA to TheBay

Raider Ray Says:
    August 21st, 2011 at 6:06 pm
    LA To TheBay Says:
    August 21st, 2011 at 5:59 pm
    ———
    F*ck you

—————-

F*ck you too, “Ray.”

Campbell seems like a nice guy, well spoken and polite. Maybe that’s his problem.

• BS Detector

My detector is blowing up

• HairyBush

The regular season better be different!

• 504 Raider

Schilens been week to week since he signed his contract.

He’s just like the rates at Sleezy Motels.

• http://repealitnow.org MistaBrown

SeymourGlen,
    Because you are holding it.
    ______

BS Detector Says:
    August 21st, 2011 at 6:15 pm

My detector is blowing up

• http://repealitnow.org MistaBrown

Schilens has been week to week since birth.

• http://raiders.com Albert Bigelow Paine

MistaBrown, how long have you been a fan?

• http://repealitnow.org MistaBrown

30yrs why?

• http://Raiders4Ever.com 860Todd Christensen

LA, we have had very good dialog over our time here. I have always stayed the course, BUILD our lines, the rest will fall in place! We went with WCO and a Light Line, and have 8 years of failure. Can you enlighten me to what you think is going to work, or what other teams have taken to heart and learned at the price of the Raiders. They are building the Old Raiders Lines, and winning? Gee? Al had it Right all along! And Al has tried to bring back his magic, you see the drafts, and it’s time for them to man up and BULLY up, period!

• Plunketthead

Miss beech

You should jump MR’s bones. Havent you always to take a mans cherry?
    You can take both of his

• LA to TheBay

Albert Bigelow Paine Says:
    August 21st, 2011 at 6:14 pm
    ——————————-

My dad’s company used to work with the Raiders when they first came to LA, so he’d bring me shirts and autographs and we’d watch them every weekend as a little kid.

After a few years, it was kind of the thing to do to rock Raider gear, so as I got a little older, I kind of drifted away from it a bit, cause I didn’t want to be just like everyone else.

Then I watched Bo Jackson play.

So, beyond all the hype and the ‘image’ thing, I found myself really enjoying the game of football and a lot of these guys Al Davis had gotten. Howie Long, Greg Townsend, Tim Brown, et al. You start to get into their history and Al was never like anyone else. Always against the grain. Always fighting and spitting in the face of authority.

Even after they left for Oakland, I knew I’d always be a Raider fan. I thought Oakland was their rightful home anyway, but I’m glad they left a legacy in the Southland.

• http://raiders.com Albert Bigelow Paine

There are already you tube videos of fights from yesterday’s game.

• http://raiders.com Albert Bigelow Paine

MistaBrown Says:
    August 21st, 2011 at 6:20 pm
    30yrs why?
    ——-
    No reason. Just curious.

• Misses Beeecham

32.Plunketthead Says:
    August 21st, 2011 at 6:22 pm
    Miss beech

You should jump MR’s bones. Havent you always to take a mans cherry?
    You can take both of his

————————————–

The little sob has a one inch pecker, Im not touchin that liyttle basterrd, why do yoiu think he makes up alll that bull sj1t about him and some damn babes. Hes a fat lazy stinkin sob who wont even fix the toilet after he plugs cause he so gfull of sh1tt he cant drain it alll on one sittin.

• http://Raiders4Ever.com 860Todd Christensen

Albert, post em!

• HairyBush

“Mr. Vanilla” better be putting on a show for preseason. I will be less than excited to see half effort games like the 49ers game.

• BS Detector

MistaBrown Says:
    August 21st, 2011 at 6:18 pm
    SeymourGlen,
    Because you are holding it.
    ______

BS Detector Says:
    August 21st, 2011 at 6:15 pm

My detector is blowing up
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    doesn’t take long to find out why my device has been going off.

The funny thing is I am not who you think I am. The fact is you have a borderline paranoid/personality disorder with visions of delusional grandeur.

Your slanted political views are an attempt to skew the fact that you are an uneducated, self absorbed ignoramus that has never formed his own conjugated thought.

Owned

• BS Detector

youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=pWo6H6GBuOQ

youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=lRfpwP9ZZsw#!

• http://Raiders4Ever.com 860Todd Christensen

LA, Your city does not support its football teams. It had the Rams, Raiders, but the people in your town do not support football. Hence! Now it’s build it, they will come, don’t think so in this climate. Teams should just be happy with what they have, try to fill their Stadiums, satisfy their fans, and put product on the field. Wishful thinking.

• Master Beeecham

Albert Bigelo Puss, no its not a coincidence. You’re a lame little nerd and the Raiders unfortunately took on your personality.

Dude Slams, my pool dj gig is going OFF! Been spinning some sweet jams and the ladies are getting loose, sweaty and horned up!

I’ve already received 2 awesome hand jiggidies (from a nubian and puerto rican lady, hell yezz) and the pool boy is bringing down the PARTYBRO 8500 down from my penthouse for some dope Mai Tai action.

Gonna take a hot tub break then hit the peeps with Set #2. That’s right, Biz Markie is the hole!

LET THE WIZZLES GET FRIGGITY

• LA to TheBay

860Todd Christensen Says:
    August 21st, 2011 at 6:20 pm

———————–

I never really thought it was an issue of the Davis ‘Philosophy,’ cause I think with the right players and coaches, it’s a superior form of ball.

The problem is, the best athlete isn’t always the best football player and you have to have your guys be both when you line up and just beat the guy in front of you.

The WCO is all about timing, patience, exploiting the little weaknesses of a team here and there. In Oakland, the mantra is ‘beat the guy in front of you.’

This is not the 70s or even the early 90s.

The game is different and I think the best-coached teams have the most success and not the teams with the most talent, per se.

That’s why I was so excited hearing Hue say that we would maximize the individual strenghts of our players, avoid their weaknesses and reward players based on performance and next man uo. Let’s build a bully.

Well, I didn’t see that last night. Wake up call for real.

There are so many things from the Big Man on down that have caused this organization to stink for most of the last 20 years, but the simple, basic things in terms of this team?

A lot of these guys play when they want, can be dominant, and then disappear sometimes (Seymour, Kelly, Wimbley).

The O Line is a work in progress. The best O Lines are ones that have been playing together for a while.

But I agree with you, 860, and I think a lot of guys do. Start with the lines, build inside out. Al always gets flak for his obsession with speed. Well, Al also prides himself on being able to evaluate non-skill position guys from the biggest Div 1 school to the smallest little out-of-the-way joint to the University of Mars and historically, has a pretty good track record, though not so great as of late (too many examples to go into detail).

It all comes down to coaching and execution, with experience tossed in as well, IMO.

On a positive note, we’re getting better and the drafting — especially the last two — has gotten a lot better. Al has been hitting home runs in the middle to late rounds.

• http://repealitnow.org MistaBrown

SeyGlenDebo666BsDetectJustWin,
    When you change handles the only thing that changes is THE handle. Do you know what I’m sayin?

• BS Detector

This is my only “handle” as you put it. Your mind has decided to lump me in with all of those other names that seem to haunt your mind. It is your brain’s defense mechanism to protect your psyche from realizing that several people are onto you and your complete absolution of reality.

Take a look around that empty room taht you are in. How many people do you see?

Seek help or just take your meds!

• LA to TheBay

LA, Your city does not support its football teams.
    ————

It’s true. LA fans, by and large, are some of the worst in sports. This is a Laker Town and a lot of the people here treat going to a Laker game at Staples like going to the club. It’s just the thing to do.

It’s a big city and big metro area and there are plenty of very loyal fans, but by and large I agree with you.

Unless you’re good year in and year out, LA will not stick with you.

That’s why I have a feeling that when a team comes to LA (and they’ll likely be a bad one), there will be a lot of hype initially, but give it 4 seasons of 4-12, 5-11, or whatever, and it get’s tougher.

The way to curtail it is what they already have in mind and the trend with new stadiums lately. Build it fancy with all the bells and whistles, but don’t build it too big. Go up and not out. 60k seats is better than 100k. The Coliseum would look even more empty than it sometimes was but it got pretty bad in those last few years and these little fights we saw yesterday would just be the lightweight Puerto Rican warm up to the Heavyweight Bout.

• Pingback: [Raiders News] Raiders QB Jason Campbell To Return To Practice Monday, TE Kevin Boss Day-To-Day - GridironFans.com

• UCLA Raiders

Jason campbell:
    - can read defenses but does it slower than elite QBs
    - is moderately mobile and athletic
    - given enough time can find open people while in pocket and receivers in places as planned
    - when play breaks down or pocket collapses or when he’s on the run he makes slow and often poor decisions.

IMO JC will only be successful in a highly scripted offense in which he’s not forced to make decisions on the go because he’ll do it slow enough for defenses to counter act.

Yesterdays game summarized all my points above.
    Comments?

• http://Raiders4Ever.com 860Todd Christensen

LA, look at the lines of the Steelers, New England, and what the Jets are trying to go for. I’m not even going to go to Panthers, Dallas, and ETC, Al had it right the first time, trickery was good for a year or two, but everyone caught on, brut strengh has always reigned supreme, and Al was always greeting his Players getting off the BUS! Watch Old Film! This will teach young players how to be a RAIDER! I’m not at odds with you, trying to teach a little. No Big Deal!

• http://Raiders4Ever.com 860Todd Christensen

UCLA, your points are taken, for further review, after game film.