Raiders place Eugene on injured reserve

Note: Something happened to the original post. So, here goes with a rewrite.

The Raiders placed safety and core special-teamer Hiram Eugene on the injured-reserve list Friday, meaning he is out for the season.
Eugene suffered a dislocated hip in the third quarter against the Arizona Cardinals on Aug. 11 and needed surgery to repair the damage.
The cruel irony is, the Raiders weren’t supposed to be on the field when Eugene got hurt. They were on defense because they “chose” to kick off to start the game and the Cardinals “chose” to receive the kick to start the second half. Chose is the word used by the referee to explain why the Raiders kicked off to start both halves.
The Raiders won’t have a difficult time replacing Eugene defensively. Stevie Brown or one of several other options can take his place. Replacing Eugene on special teams won’t be as easy.
Eugene carved out a niche as a dependable special teams player in recent seasons, especially on punt and kick coverage. Several players are vying for the role now.

Steve Corkran

• Thec07

F kc
    F castle
    F sd
    F rivers
    F den
    F orton and tebow

• Raider 510

31.Just Fire Baby Says:
    August 26th, 2011 at 7:52 pm
    Samson Satele needs to get more respect in this place. Don’t know why people in here don’t like him.

**********************

Simple.

People in here associate him as a “Cable” guy, for whatever reason.
    ————————–
    Well Hue just got finished calling him one of the leaders on the team, so that’s big coming from the leader of this team. Hope the O-line works itself out by Sept 12. Definitely the biggest concern to me. That and linebackers.

• # Indiana Jones Says:
    August 26th, 2011 at 8:28 pm

44.BigTed707 Says:
    August 26th, 2011 at 8:20 pm

GO C-FRANK!

————-

???

************

I picked Chris Francis as my MUP awhile back because I liked his highlight reel, and I knew that OLB would be a position of need.

Other than assisting on the FF in preweek1, he hasn’t done anything of note. He will likely get waived if he doesn’t do something to impress in these last two weeks.

Q.Groves could be good, but you can tell he burns too much Hi-Grade. Jah provides, but he hasn’t kept his eyes on the prize.

• YoungAmerican

@WilliamsonNFL Matt Williamson
    Dahl adds much needed attitude to young #Rams OL- obvious influence

———-

Wish the Raiders would have signed this guy.

• PlunkforHOF

Sullivan44
    RealMaddenRaider
    RealGradkowskiRaider
    Mike the Moderator
    Raider Ray

****************************

My favorite is when these guys argue with each other, because no one else is posting.

============================

That’s even funnier than RMR’s bashing of Cable every chance he got when he was the coach, but now going on like Cable was Lombardi or something.

————————————

Please add:

RaiderRay (I think thats what his name was, posting as a police officer fron NM) MR is someone who just does not like the Raiders, but knows them very well.

::::::::::

Please feel free to add to the MR/RMR sticky sock puppet list.

*****************************************

I feel this should be called :
    The Great Plunkett MR/RMR Stick Sock Puppet List, because it began with me asking who MR was today and Plunketthead beginning a list.

• PlunkforHOF

Sullivan44
    RealMaddenRaider
    RealGradkowskiRaider
    Mike the Moderator
    Raider Ray

• Just Fire Baby

Thinking of Hiram reminds me of the stat that only one team blocked 2 punts last season. The Raiders.

I think Hiram blocked one, and than recovered the other.

Hiram produced more punt blocks and recoveries than half of the league’s team (I believe less than 20 teams had punt blocks last season).

• 8RaiderReign8 Says:
    August 26th, 2011 at 7:11 pm
    R8eray Says:
    August 26th, 2011 at 6:40 pm
    I got a few spots left on my FFL….anyone??
    __________

Da Trinity Says:
    August 26th, 2011 at 6:54 pm
    @19 when’s the draft?

Sure send me the info.

—–

email me ftalasvegas@yahoo

• People dislike Satele because he sucked, and got benched for a rookie LT.

That incident seems to have lit a fire under his ass, because he has since look improved. I believe he was brought in as insurance, but beat the rookie wiz outright for the starting C position.

Has nothing to do with Cable imo. Cable was the guy that benched him in the first place.

• Indiana Jones

Raider Ray

****************************

============================

————————————

Please add:

::::::::::

Please feel free to add to the MR/RMR sticky sock puppet list.

*****************************************

I feel this should be called :

==============================================

Too funny!

• Hiram is indeed great on ST, but also a liability as a safety.

Sam Williams is also a great ‘teamer, but I don’t look forward to seeing him start at MLB this weekend.

Best of luck to Hiram Eugene – Get well soon.

• YoungAmerican

Would have really liked to see Goethel get some time as 1st team MLB. Damned shame.

• Raider 510

60.BigTed707 Says:
    August 26th, 2011 at 8:51 pm
    People dislike Satele because he sucked, and got benched for a rookie LT.

————————-
    Very true.

• If we had lost 1 game to SD last year, KC would not have made the playoffs.

************
    Go C-FRANK!

• Dhidee99

Q:Any last words Hue on how you think the season will go?

A: I’m just happy coach Davis gave me a shot to lead a team to the promise land.

Q: Where is the promise land this year Hue Is it 8-8?

A:coach Davis say’s “you and JC better make the playoffs or it’s another wierd press confernce with Al Suanders as head coach of the Oakland Raiders next year”

• Coach Davis –
    Find us an athletic specimen to play OLB!
    Thanks!

• priesttj

Satele isn’t the best C in the worl but I’m damn glad we have him because it’s not about how great he is as an individual player it’s about his ability to get us lined and assigned. He does a damn good job of that.

• priesttj

We have one his name is Trevor Scott he has to get the job done and I think he will. When he got hurt last year it looked as if he might have a good year then he went down with the injury.

• JB

TJ

Do you think they’ll rotate Trevor Scott to OLB? Al downs? or 3rd downs? Or what?

• silver-on-black

Is this game blacked out? Anybody

• JB

I’m pretty sure it’s blacked out. KICU ch. 36 doesn’t show a delayed taping of the game. So, a replay on NFL channel may be the only way to see it. Better yet, buy a ticket. I think they are now running a two for one price deal. It was on FB the other day.

• League name: S&W .357
    (ID# 422139)

Password: Raider Nation

• priesttj

I think Scott has to man that spot all 3 downs it’s the only position on the team he can play they tried him at SLB and he failed they tried him at DE and he failed he better hold the WLB spot down or I think he’s in trouble of getting cut. He better impress Sunday……….or else.

• JB

TJ – Good insight. Let’s hope he’s successful for everybody’s benefit – except Groves.

• priesttj

JB during preseason they always show a tape delayed game later that night which ends in the regular season. It’s why I signed up for NFL rewind so I can see blacked out games even if I go to the game.

• JB

I encountered a new phenomena after the AZ game. In the past my seats were always on the west side. This year I’m on the East side. Watching a replay is like watching a different game. All the TV feeds are on the west side so that the replay’s perspective. It’s very interesting and information to get a different view of plays. You remember the plays but the looks are totally different.

• JB

perspective is different
    informative

• hendu

Just wondering,some are in to polls on this blog,so who will be at this game?And how many have BOUGHT Season Tickets?Gut feeling is MOST on the blog wont be at the NO game,nor have they bought season tickets!If you want to see the GAME,GO!!Nothing better than live,period

• JB

2 season tickets Club section 240

• Thec07

I live in SD…I have tickets for Jets, KC, and Det…
    I will also be at the SD game….

• JB

good for you Thec – great support!

• Thec07

JB Says:
    August 26th, 2011 at 10:04 pm
    good for you Thec – great support!

+++++

Least I can do…This team is on the verge…

• hendu

Oh,not directed at out of state fans,of course!Or out of work fans,MUCH of the PROBLEM

• Thec07

hendu Says:
    August 26th, 2011 at 10:06 pm
    ++++++++++++

Yeah the economy is totally out of whack…

I am in San Diego, so i should attend some home games and support this team…

• Thec07

The Raiders radio station is doing a promo for the NE and Jets game… buy 1 get 1 free.

• Thec07

Dahl adds much needed attitude
    ++++++++++

He would have been a nice addition. I do think we are going to be pretty solid on the Oline…

I am not concerned about our Offense, when its all said and done we will be a top 5 O….

• RaiderRetribution

BigTed707 Says:
    August 26th, 2011 at 9:20 pm
    Coach Davis –
    Find us an athletic specimen to play OLB!
    Thanks!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Seriously the Raiders should talk to Mr. Gordon about playing some defense.

• RaiderRetribution

Priest I do think Mr. Scott has the backup DE position along with Mr. Moss locked up.

Both will only play on long passing situations.

• RaiderRetribution

Raiders now have 88 players on their roster, 13 will be cut pr placed on IR.

• priesttj

I see on the depth chart he’s backing up Houston but man he brings zero pressure on his side unless he has added certain skills to his skillset then we are in trouble because he is a lousy pass rusher from a 3pt stance. I rather see him come free more in a elephant position from different angles.

• RaiderKen

What up Nation? Can’t wait for the season to start and this preseason to end. I think we have a good schedule getting the Donkey’s and Bills early and neither in December.

• Sullivan44

First off, I want to thank all of you who accuse OhioRaider and Alex7 of being me, because they’re far smarter than I am.

Secondly, anyone hear about Kiffin’s comments today? Said the same thing Gannon did, that it’s impossible to win here. That’s now Gannon, Sapp, DeAngelo Hall, Shane Lechler, Lane Kiffin…the witness list is adding up.

• HueKnows

Sullivan44 Says:
    ***********************************************************
    Looks more like the peanut gallery to me

• Sullivan44

Here’s the Raiders’ part of Kiffin’s interview:

In retrospect, was going to Oakland an unwinnable situation?

It is almost impossible. I don’t know why I didn’t listen, [because] so many people told me that. That’s why, if you ask [Steve Sarkisian], he didn’t go. He had a chance to go. You’re just so far behind other clubs. You’re waiting for [owner Al Davis] to wake up and come to work at 2 o’clock in the afternoon to make decisions that the rest of the league is making at 6 o’clock in the morning. You’re still running videotapes over to the hotel so he can watch practice at night.

The overhead projector Al Davis used during the news conference he held after your firing seems like kind of a metaphor for how he runs the Raiders. Would you agree?

Yeah, it was. It was sad, really, to see somebody who’s accomplished so much in his career and been such a powerful figure in the NFL … to see that was actually pretty sad to watch. But you’re exactly right, an overhead projector — that describes the pace that you’re dealing with of the way an organization is being run.

• Sweep The Leg.

I think winning in Oakland all depends on your perspective as the HC. If you see Al as a resource and mentor while having your own identity (and brass balls), the team can respect you and so will Al.

But you must win or you’re gone.

Gruden – respect from both

Callahan – lost respect from both

Turner – lost respect from Al

Shell – puppet

Kiffin – respect from team, disrespected Al

Cable – respect from team, not from AL

Hue – we’ll see

• Mum-O-killowe

Do what’s the scoop on Lito? Is he here just for pre season, or is he for real.? I know he “has been” very good, but how bout now? Did he play Man much?

• RaiderRetribution

Sweep, that was the best Raiders organization analysys I have ever read (#97), accurate, simple and directly to the point.

• RaiderRetribution

I think Mr. Jackson has earned Mr. Davis’ respect and the teams. It’s either that or Al is really worse for the wear in terms of health, the fact that he was never at practice, not a good sign; almost as bad as T.V. networks showing him with a towel on his lap, every game.