Terrelle Pryor, Lito Sheppard both practicing with Raiders today

This news in from Steve Corkran, who is in Napa with no internet access right now:

Terrelle Pryor is wearing No. 6 and taking some reps at quarterback now for the Raiders. Also, just-signed Lito Sheppard is also participating in drills. Sheppard is donning Nnamdi Asomugha’s old No. 21 jersey.

To make room for both Pryor and Sheppard on the roster, the Raiders have released ex-San Jose State quarterback Jason La Secla as well as offensive lineman Alan Pelc.

Jon Becker

• J Hill

beat writers saying it’ll take a huge game from Heyer to make the team

—————————————————–

To make the starting lineup, not the team.

VittorioTafur Vittorio Tafur
    Heyer practicing after mostly watching on Wed. Needs big game Sunday to have any chance at cracking lineup at RT

VittorioTafur Vittorio Tafur
    Trusted colleague points out Heyer needs either big game or bad game from other tackles

• inonewordraider

Mistic1 Tha Supavillain Says:
    August 26th, 2011 at 1:36 pm
    I think dvd will be fine tackling at the line of scrimmage, but he seems to struggle in the open field a bit. However as was just pointed out you dont have to be a big tackler at db, just adequate. If tackling is the biggest issue you have with a corner i would say your going to be fine.

DVD will be a star for us in time….namdi who?

deion didn’t rack up the tackles. He def needs to bulk up though

• LA to TheBay

J Hill Says:
    August 26th, 2011 at 1:43 pm
    Put a child seat in the back seat and roll out mayne!

———————

LOL! I told her no-go, cause they leave indentations in the seat!

I compromised and put some towels down first. Took a while though.

• inonewordraider

J Hill Says:
    August 26th, 2011 at 1:46 pm
    beat writers saying it’ll take a huge game from Heyer to make the team

—————————————————–

To make the starting lineup, not the team.

VittorioTafur Vittorio Tafur

VittorioTafur Vittorio Tafur

my bad

• http://www.tedhendricks.com/Ted_vs_Montana.jpg BigTed707

what do you guys think about Jerry Richardson dictating Cam Newton’s appearance? Should an NFL owner be able to tell a player about what tats, piercings, and haircuts they can or can’t sport?

• lefty12

It amazes me the amount of energy directed toward Lance.He is gone(good riddance),who cares about the twerp.We have other things we should be concerned about.

• Plunketthead

Right on Red!

Watch TP roll it up and down the field against third stringers. I bet he can do it and look impressive. He will have lots of weapons and I am sure Hue will tell him to run when he feels like it.

At OS he was told to stay in the pocket as much as possible. So he has actually been working on on a pro style offense and looking great at times.

I hope he is everything we wanted out of syruphead and more

• J Hill

Don’t get the starting OL.

Heyer has been the best LG in games so far.

If Wiz can’t beat out Satele, he should be the #2 C.

JFB says Heyer looked like trash at OT yet he could have started there?

Barksdale and Barnes should be fighting for the RT spot. May the best man win.

Carlisle and Beast should be fighting for the RG spot. May the best man win.

Satele vs. Wiz for the starting C spot. May the best man win.

Heyer vs Loper for LG. May the best man win.

It’s not that damn hard, Hue!

• Just Fire Baby

I think Jerry Richardson has a right to say what he wants. In actuality, he was only trying to help Cam get more advertising money down the road.

But I think he should have maybe divulged more into the tattoo thing.

There is a difference from getting a chest tattoo over your heart dedicated to your grandma, and getting East Side tattoo’d on your neck.

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

I dont like our line. loper-satele-carlisle-barnes.

This means no push in short yardge especilaly, and piss poor pass protection.

pass protection will be an even bigger issue this year, because we now have skill guys at wr position ready to blossom. This includes DHB ford and moore. These guys need the ball and JC has been putting it on the money down the field ( so much for that captain check down garbage).

With out good protection our qb will get knocked out, and or we wont be able to utilize our speed in the passing game.

• hwnrdr

Papa was talking about how Lane will root for some of his players to fall because he did not like them…shaking my FN Head!

• http://repealitnow.org MistaBrown

I wanna see Pryor play Sunday.

• J Hill

LMFAO, LA!

• http://www.tedhendricks.com/Ted_vs_Montana.jpg BigTed707

# Nnamdi21 Says:
    August 26th, 2011 at 1:44 pm

LAST PRACTICE CAMP NOTES

***********
    Camps over? but AL doesn’t wake up till 2pm?!

• raidertay

The 76 yards FG was Lechler’s fault??? What a biotch. Everything is always everyone else’s fault with that guy. YOU are the freakin Head Coach then Coach the team. Dont say I couldnt win because Al watches Video at night. Just makes no sense. I get sick of his excuses. You either won or you didnt.

• http://Www.bullycains.com r8dercain

Lefty12 Says:
    August 26th, 2011 at 1:48 pm
    ——————-
    you’re correct lefty. But it seems as of there correct kiffin is spoiled an still butt hurt

• JLofty

I want to see a huge game from ALL the linemen!
    I watched DVD make a few tackles in the last game. Seemed okay by me. Agree he could bulk up some but you could say that about a LOT of 21 yo DBs.

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

# BigTed707 Says:
    August 26th, 2011 at 1:47 pm

===================

Its dumb, but its no different from any business owner that wants to institute a dress code standard. the yankess have done this for years.

• raiderzmaverick

I hope we keep CJ, Routt, Moore, DVD & Ware. Chewy should probably stay as he can play both.
    McFadden deserves to go. I really hope we keep Sterling Moore. He was the only bright spot amongst the rookies & 2nd year CBs except for Ware.

• Plunketthead

If I owned a billion dollar NFL team, I would rather have the face of my franchise look like Cam without ink then Cam with ink

• JLofty

If someone gave me $22mil I’d abide by their wishes quite a LOT! Not saying I’d see out my core values but cut your hair? No sweat!

• http://www.tedhendricks.com/Ted_vs_Montana.jpg BigTed707

# lefty12 Says:
    August 26th, 2011 at 1:48 pm

************
    How does it benefit Lane Kiffen to throw salt on AL’s game? Whats is his motivation?

Watch AL slap another lawsuit on him for opening his big mouth.

• http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Davis The Realist Dirty Raccoon

Lefty12 Says:
    August 26th, 2011 at 1:40 pm
    LA-great point.Raiders defenses are built to play with the lead-always have been.

::::::::::

So why do we lose the lead so often?

• JLofty

*sell* out…

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

veldeheer-heyer-wiz jr-campbell-barksdale

This would be my line and you live with the occasional growing pains. If someone completely flops you have vets ready to step in.

• Plunketthead

Lefty we are just responding to Lames latest spoiled brat comments

• mizza

I completely agree with those of you talking about how explosive this offense can be. Ford, McFadden, Bush, Boss, Moore (if the hype turns out to be true). That’s a lot of weapons. The way i see it, there are three huge question marks that will determine whether we are a 10-12 win team.

1. Will the offensive line jell and play at an average level. They don’t need to be great, but they do need to be better then last year. Make sure you give Campbell time, and open up some room for rb’s.

2. Will Jason Campbell improve upon last year. In my opinion, he was a below average starter last year (still think he was better then grads). But he’s now been in the system for a year. More comfortable, hopefully more confident. If he can play at an average or above average level, this offense can soar.

3. Run defense. Plain and simple. We don’t have to dominate. But we do need to stop other teams from running down our throats. Crap like what happened in sf yesterday will sink our season.

• Kirk

219.raiderzmaverick Says:
    August 26th, 2011 at 1:53 pm

……………………………………………

Exactly.

• redshirt

Lefty12 Says:
    August 26th, 2011 at 1:48 pm
    …….

Lefty, the only reason we are bringing it up is because of the interview done by BSPN and the subsequent article posted on PFT today.

• LA to TheBay

BigTed707 Says:
    August 26th, 2011 at 1:47 pm

———-

Yankees have done so for decades. Most employers have a dress code. Some settings, I can see why they would. Others (like professional football), makes zero sense.

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

# JLofty Says:
    August 26th, 2011 at 1:55 pm

=================

When you sign on to work for someone else you do what you are told. It really is that simple

• dvrick

BUSH TRADED TO SEATTLE FOR 6TH ROUND PICK!!!!

• Plunketthead

The best we can hope for from Jason is to have a C+ year and stay healthy. I hope he looks like a above average QB Sunday night on National TV.

Maybe we can get Al to give us a few choice words for Lame. I bet they would be good ones.

• http://www.tedhendricks.com/Ted_vs_Montana.jpg BigTed707

# Just Fire Baby Says:
    August 26th, 2011 at 1:50 pm

But I think he should have maybe divulged more into the tattoo thing.

************
    I’m sure it’s a non issue, and most employers have dress codes.

But for me, as long as I think a guy can win games for me, I don’t care if he has long hair, Tattoos, or whatever.

• http://repealitnow.org MistaBrown

Prove.
    ____

# dvrick Says:
    August 26th, 2011 at 1:59 pm

BUSH TRADED TO SEATTLE FOR 6TH ROUND PICK!!!!

• alex7

On a purely entertainment level, I LOVED the 76 yard field goal attempt :)

Kiffin giving the old man the one finger salute.

Can’t upgrade from Rob Ryan to Monte Kiffin?
    Saddle me with Jamarcus after I interviewed him and had no doubt he’d suck?
    Commitment to what?

Ok then, here you go Al. Here’s your prized #1 draft pick.

• redshirt

The whole Jerry Richardson-No Tattoos story is a non-issue. Newton and his agent are more interested in securing sponsors than about getting body art.

• dvrick

# lefty12 Says:
    August 26th, 2011 at 1:27 pm

I wish I had Mistics and Priest optimism.
    But then again they;re STUPID AND REALLY NINERS FANS!!!!

• RaiderLen

Mistic1 Tha Supavillain Says:
    August 26th, 2011 at 1:56 pm
    veldeheer-heyer-wiz jr-campbell-barksdale

———————————–
    Afternoon Fellas,

This would be my preference as well.

I think this will happen eventually, probably not in week 1 however.

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

Plunketthead Says:
    August 26th, 2011 at 2:02 pm

The best we can hope for from Jason is to have a C+ year
    ====================================

Based on what exactly?

• alex7

come on Mista,

consider the source.

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

Dvrik

get off my nuts, and earn your stripes in here by having legit football takes.

I know im not a favorite in here, but I am respected?

are you?

• Just Fire Baby

I think the only battle should be at LG.

The plan should be to rotate Campbell at RG here and there, and maybe a little more accelerated for Barksdale at RT. But they should get some run with the 1′s on Sunday, to be prepared if they are needed earlier.

Hue isn’t stupid though, he needs veterans prepared and playing well, heading into weeks 3 and 4 (Jets-Pats).

• alex7

Jason’s best season ever has been about a C+, so I think Plunketthead makes sense.

No reason to think a guy suddenly makes the jump 6 starting years into his career. Gannon was in year 5, Steve Young year 4. Just doesn’t happen much.

• http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Davis The Realist Dirty Raccoon

If we arnt going to extend Bush before he is a FA, then trade him. ASAP to the highest bidder.

• bcz24

Our OLine better be on its game week 4. Haynesworth and Wilfork side by side in the middle of that line? You couldn’t drive a damn hummer through there.

• dvrick

# guest123 Says:
    August 26th, 2011 at 11:37 am

I tell you what though. You might be surprised how weak Raider Nation is in Denver.GO BRONCOS!!!!!!!!!

• LA to TheBay

232, if you’re gonna do it, go all out.

—————-

Raiders Trade Michael Bush to Seattle for 6th Round draft pick
    Posted by Michael David Smith on August 26, 2011, 3:35 PM EDT

In a move that has us scratching our heads (and because it’s the Raiders, we can’t be surprised), Oakland has sent 4th year running back Michael Bush to the Seahawks for a 6th roud draft pick in 2012 per Jerry McDonald of the Oakland Tribune.

Bush has been a backup for Darren McFadden and Justin Fargas the last three seasons and is generally regarded amongst league sources as a starting caliber back and squandered his first few years in the Black Hole.

It appears Al Davis will rely heavily on rookie Taiwan Jones to shoulder the responsibility of primary backup to Run DMC.

With his forty yard dash time, THAT is no surprise.

• http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Davis The Realist Dirty Raccoon

Just like we shoulda done with Miller, Nnamdi, and Gallery.

• Plunketthead

If Jason grades a B that means he needs to be in the top ten, maybe twelve QB’s in the league.

In order for Jason to be a top ten QB, he needs to put the team on his back and win a few games when the rest of the team is pl;aying down. He could not do that last year, or the year befpre or the year before.

He has always been a C-