Saints-Raiders blacked out locally

By Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer
Saturday, August 27th, 2011 at 3:25 pm in Oakland Raiders.

Not sure where it began, but there seemed to be a lot of people who were under the impression the Saints-Raiders game would be televised live in its local market.

That is not the case. Regular-season rules apply to the preseason with regard to blackouts. The Raiders’ paid attendance against Arizona was 25,699 with far fewer than that in the stands. That figure is a rough approximation of their season ticket base, given that preseason games are included.

So the Raiders will be on television everywhere but their home market while getting the national television treatment on NBC with Al Michaels and Cris Collinsworth.

• http://www.addictedtoquack.com RaiderDuck

TheGeneral Says:
    August 27th, 2011 at 6:01 pm
    The lions are working the Pats accorrding to NFL Network

========================================

Dang. Against NE’s first-teamers, no less.

• Method To My Madness

TheGeneral Says:
    August 27th, 2011 at 6:01 pm
    The lions are working the Pats accorrding to NFL Network
    ***********************************

Thing is its preseason but the Pats are one team that certainly doesnt scare me to that extent of them as a title threat. Brady is a great QB but that aint the same team that won those titles. People just dismiss this all the time though

• HueJackinBullies

Can anyone tell what website I can watch the raider games. Last I heard atdhe.net was shut down. Anyone know of any others?

• Method To My Madness

Aint is great….B-day weekend Detroit comes to town….how fitting

• TheGeneral

Matthew Staford is 12/13 200 2TDs against the patriots!! Uh oh trouble in New England

• TheGeneral

Even though its only preseason

• http://raiders.com Albert Bigelow Paine

HueJackinBullies Says:
    August 27th, 2011 at 6:08 pm
    ———–
    Try firstrowsports.

• http://www.addictedtoquack.com RaiderDuck

As these are sites of questionable legality, it would be inappropriate for me to recommend:

firstrowsports.eu
    ilemi.me
    atdhe.tv

So I won’t.

• Method To My Madness

Man houston is just teeing off on the 49ers in SF lol….so sad SF just did the same thing to us on that very same field

• fingers

If the Raiders are good enough to be a 10 and 6 team that means they should be good enough to BE IN EVERY GAME they play…. Don’t automatically count The Jets and Patsies as loses…F Them….

• http://chargers.com Charged Up!

So I was going over your guys schedule. This is how I think things will play out:

@Broncos W
    @Bills W (you all going to get your hopes up LOL)
    Jets L
    Patriots L
    @ Texans L
    Browns L (oh oh, its panick time y’all)
    Chiefs W
    Broncos W
    @ Chargers L (of course, and this is where your season slides out of control)
    @ Vikings L
    Bears W
    @ Miami L
    @ Packers L
    Lions L (Terrele Pryor’s debut, and it aint pretty)
    @ Chiefs L
    Chargers L (Jason Campbell’s last game as a Raider)

It looks like the Raiders go 5-11 and slip back into suckdom. Chargers will be back on top again.

1)Chargers 12-4
    2)Chiefs 9-7
    3)Raiders 5-11
    4)Broncos 4-12

• qodrn

Any hope of a local broadcast later in the evening?

• Method To My Madness

Fingers Says:
    August 27th, 2011 at 6:20 pm
    ****************************

Its the NFL…..and we got more weapons to deal with some better teams….just need to start the right oline players

• Method To My Madness

Charged Up! Says:
    August 27th, 2011 at 6:21 pm

@Broncos W
    @Bills W (you all going to get your hopes up LOL)
    Jets L
    Patriots L
    @ Texans L
    Browns L (oh oh, its panick time y’all)
    Chiefs W
    Broncos W
    @ Chargers L (of course, and this is where your season slides out of control)
    @ Vikings L
    Bears W
    @ Miami L
    @ Packers L
    Lions L (Terrele Pryor’s debut, and it aint pretty)
    @ Chiefs L
    Chargers L (Jason Campbell’s last game as a Raider)
    *****************************

I highly doubt that Farced Up…..we matchup too well with SD. Gates is done and your defense gets worked by our offense.

• http://chargers.com Charged Up!

I do think your offense may be pretty good. But, your defense is going to be attrocius.

• http://www.addictedtoquack.com RaiderDuck

Chargers 12-4?

7-9 is more like it, if you’re lucky.

• YoungAmerican

Chargers W

8-8

• Method To My Madness

Charged Up! Says:
    August 27th, 2011 at 6:25 pm
    **************************************

You sound crazy. We got some issues on defense but we create turnovers now and have hella skill positions players with talent. They will have some leads finally and we gonna do some pick sixes….prolly vs Rivers lol

• Plunketthead

Detroit had Bradys # most of that half.
    He got hit tonight and Suh will probaly be suspended for a game or two at the rate he is going

• ohioraider

Hagar the Horrible Says:
    August 27th, 2011 at 6:05 pm

SnB … you’re right, Al should lock up #77 matt, just like he should of locked up Gruden, but he didn’t. The following year he let him go to Tampa for some draft picks…on hind sight, he would change things and we would have 4 super bowl rings, instead of three.
    ===================================
    Pick that Davis got for Gruden: CB (whodda guessed?) Jobn Bowie. Out of the league.

• Method To My Madness

My god the niners played their super bowl last week and are tragically stinking it up vs Houston. Damn we need to get our act together before we go down here week 5 lol

• Plunketthead

Brady just got picked

• Plunketthead

Lions playing second stringers

• ohioraider

Method To My Madness Says:
    August 27th, 2011 at 6:28 pm

Charged Up! Says:
    August 27th, 2011 at 6:25 pm
    **************************************

————————————-
    Mr. Mad for Method, you sound hella crazy. This defense has hella holes throughout. Who you singling out for a break out year?

• http://www.addictedtoquack.com RaiderDuck

@Broncos W — Wuss opponent.
    @Bills W — See above
    Jets L — Tough loss for Jason.
    Patriots W — We finally have Belicheat’s number.
    @ Texans W Tough win on the road.
    Browns W — Joke of a team.
    Chiefs W — Patriots West? I don’t think so.
    Broncos W — They didn’t get any tougher. Tebow starts, and loses.
    @ Chargers W — Hue can out-coach Norv any day of the week.
    @ Vikings L — Tough loss vs. Adrian Peterson.
    Bears W — Cutler’s hangnail forces him to sit out the final three quarters.
    @ Miami W — Getting back in the groove.
    @ Packers L — Aaron Rodgers is damn tough, and so is this loss.
    Lions W — And big. Now we’re set for the playoffs.
    @ Chiefs W — BIG win. Rest of the league starting to believe.
    Chargers W — Needing this win to lock up a bye week, we best the Charges by four touchdowns, easy. Norv is fired right after the game.

Total: 13-3.

• ohioraider

Detroit finally getting it right.
    Cleveland finally getting it right.
    Raiders? Eh, not so much.

• ohioraider

Dream on quacker Raider. Browns are light years ahead of this organization. They have a mentally balanced GM running things. May have heard of him. Mike Holmgren.

• http://www.addictedtoquack.com RaiderDuck

Ohioraider Says:
    August 27th, 2011 at 6:36 pm

=====================================

Mike Holmgren is a good, if overrated, coach.

As a GM? Unproven at best.

• Method To My Madness

Wow Lions letting it all out on them cats lol 27-10…but its preseason

• Plunketthead

Hues Raiders will kick the crap out of most of these teams.
    We are a top 12 team and this year will prove it.

Some of us will be smiling and enjoying the ride from day one
    others, not so much ,

• ohioraider

Game in October will be very telling as to which team is on the right track, and which system actually works in the 21st Century. Professional GM with coach and personnel director reporting, or demented old megalomaniac who can’t keep up with the modern game and meddles in everybody’s affairs. Yeah, we’ll see which system builds winners.

• http://www.addictedtoquack.com RaiderDuck

The Lion backups just scored a TD on the Pats starters.

Betcha they’re having second thoughts about that Seymour trade right about now…

• Plunketthead

Arian Foster injured hammy some more tonight
    Roll out Ben Tate!!

• ohioraider

Wishing won’t make it so, Plunkster.

• Mj57

I still hate the Pats and Brady. preseason or not I like to see them lose

• Plunketthead

Its a life choice. half full or half empty

• raiderfankirk

Irene almost over with for me. Thinking. Pryor is more of an athlete pick than realistic QB. Much like Bruce Campbell ( wanna see this guy play more ) maybe you just need to piss em off.

• raiderfankirk

Fudge. Foster my top draft pick in two leagues.

• Method To My Madness

Plunketthead Says:
    August 27th, 2011 at 6:39 pm
    Hues Raiders will kick the crap out of most of these teams.
    We are a top 12 team and this year will prove it.

Some of us will be smiling and enjoying the ride from day one
    others, not so much ,
    **************************

Always the positive rock…….you the man!

• Plunketthead

I cant stop all those hateful homotrolls from the wrong side of the bay from crapping in our blog but I sure as hell wont sniff it

• raiderfankirk

140 sorry you live so close for once east coast better as raider fan.

• Plunketthead

I get two games tonight
    Cards- Dolts up next, maybe Rivers will break a leg and Chargerdown can write him a love song

• SnB offense defense specialteams

Raiders just have to step up this year.

A lot of guys getting money..and trust.

Seriously…the team won’t win if high paid talent plays average.

Needa couple of “elite” level play from the veterans.

Seymour, Kelly, Wimbley, Routt….those four need to be beasts because they are being paid to do such and using up cap space….

On offense, JC needs to step up and DHB has to turn it up….DMAC and Bush keep grinding.

Players have to play…no excuses….

Raider fans deserve a winner!

• joker94583

Seriously? Pre season blackout? Un F’ing believable! Good thing my satellite provider has east and west coast network feeds. I’m fearful of a major ass kicking by the Saints.

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNoi_wwzbtQ Zymurge

It’s crazy early and everyone is talking about Pryor as only a QB based on the first few sentences out of his mouth. Don’t read too much into his being picked in the 3rd meaning that:
    - Jason Campbell needs to start looking over his shoulder
    - Hue won’t be able to get another QB in the draft because all will veto due to his man love for Pryor

Remember Antwaan Randle El? Pryor is eerily similar in my eyes. Considered a dominant weapon as a college QB, he got his shot to make the transition in the NFL at that position. When it became clear that he didn’t have what it takes to run an offense (which is a lot different than standing behind center and making throws) he was ultimately moved to WR where he had decent success.

Pryor is an absolute physical freak on paper. He has Randy Moss type attributes in terms of size/speed, so you know that’s the thing that Al is in love with. I think that if anything, Al will make him a scholarship player on the roster for at least his four year contract, as opposed to forcing him into the QB role.

None of this is to say that’s not to say that he won’t pan out in some role — I’m definitely pulling for him! If he has the right work ethic, learning ability, and willingness to do whatever is best for the team (and his career) then he has those things in size and speed that can’t be taught. But I don’t think that his presence would cause Al to block bringing in any other young QB projects (say someone like Lindley from SD State in the mid rounds), especially given his love for big, strong pocket passers that can throw the bomb.

• http://Www.bullycains.com r8dercain

Pryor is better than a kid I watched an followed who seems to be doin ok at this level
    Dennis dixon

• http://Www.bullycains.com r8dercain

Everybody quit complinin an go to the game
    the team needs our support. People blog here with passion
    show that passion by dishin out doe for a ticket!!!

That’s what I do

• Plunketthead

Cards have #5 overall pic Patrick Peterson returning punts

• R8derdiehard

Taiwan Jones is gonna have a big night tommorowcant wait to see him fly past the aints defenders

• HueJackinBullies