Coach Hue Jackson is upset, and he wants everyone to know

By Steve Corkran
Wednesday, August 31st, 2011 at 3:11 pm in Oakland Raiders.

Raiders coach Hue Jackson has become well known for his sunny disposition, can-do attitude and boundless energy. He took a “mulligan” Wednesday, informing everyone that he was “pissed” and not in the mood to be crossed.
Jackson refused to divulge the source of his disconten, though he admitted that the time constraints of being an NFL coach have prevented him from working out as often as he likes and trading barbs with the fellas at the gym.
Being winless in his first three exhibition games isn’t helping matters, either, he said.
Ultimately, something set off Jackson, and he wasn’t about to hide his displeasure. No amount of prodding prompted him to say whether it was the way his team practiced, the number of injuries or what.
“He was fired up today,” wide receiver Jacoby Ford said. “I just kind of laid back and just let him be, let him just kind of go off. I stayed away from him. Kind of scared me a little bit.”
Cornerback Stanford Routt said he sensed during practice that Jackson wasn’t his usual bubbly self, saying, “We all have those days. It’s the dog days. We all have to fight through it.”

*Jackson gained a measure of satisfaction in seeing veteran wide receiver Chaz Schilens return, even it it was in a limited capacity.
Schilens worked out with a team trainer while his teammates went through position and full-team drills. He was on the field for the entire two hours and didn’t show any lingering effects from the injury he suffered against the Arizona Cardinals on Aug. 11.
That helped brighten Jackson’s mood, he said.
“It definitely helps,” Jackson said. “It helps me because, as I told (everyone), my thoughts about when these guys were going to be back and being healthy and being on the field was probably about right.
“These guys have been back and they’re out and about. Not totally, but enough to have me know and feel that by next week we’ll have these guys all healthy and in the mix.”
Schilens was not available for comment in the locker room afterward. He has been spotted working out on the field only twice since he got injured.

*Jackson has expressed his concern about his team’s run defense, pass defense and lack of quarterback pressure, at times, throughout camp. Yet, he said, he still isn’t sure what to make of his defense.
“This is how I assess our defense,” Jackson said. “This is a defense that has not had 11 starters playing together on the field yet. And we still won’t. I can’t truly where we are or what we are until we go play a game where all 11 defensive starters are on the football field, playing together, walked out there together and competing together.”
All 11 starters should be healthy for the Denver Broncos game Sept. 12. At that time, Jackson expects to get an accurate gauge of where his defense stands.

*Rookie quarterback Terrelle Pryor worked on his footwork and dropback with offensive coordinator Al Saunders after practice. He, too, was unavailable for comment afterward.
Jackson said it’s possible that Pryor will play Friday night, but only if he feels as if Pryor is ready.
“Do I think he wants to play and compete?” Jackson said. “Yeah, any competitor wants to do that but not at the risk of him not having success or him not being sure or anything like that. I would never want to do that. That could be just as bad as (him) going out and doing something really good.”

*Jackson isn’t backing down from his Build A Bully mantra.
The process won’t begin until the Denver game, when he can turn loose his defense and take the wraps off his offense, he said.

*Long-time sportswriter Bob McGinn reported today that Pryor scored a 7 on the Wonderlic test administered to college players with NFL aspirations.
Now comes word from ESPN’s John Clayton that Pittsburgh Steelers general manager Kevin Colbert administered the test on Pryor and confirmed that Pryor scored “significantly higher” than what McGinn reported.

*Ford has not played in any of Oakland’s exhibition games because of the broken left hand he suffered early in camp. Jackson said he isn’t sure if he is going to let Ford play Friday.
“I’m prepared enough where I can actually go out there and just kind of hit the ground running,” Ford said. “That’s something me and Darren (McFadden) have both talked about, just because we both know what it’s like to be out there and play. As far as missing this game, I’d be fine, but if I have to play a little bit, I don’t mind at all.”

*Speaking of Ford, Jackson said Ford is going to return kicks this season and might even be on the field for punt returns in certain situations.
“I got one guy in my mind, and he’s the best in football. His name is Jacoby Ford,” Jackson said, when asked about who is his kick returner.
Ford said he appreciates the confidence Jackson has in his return ability.
“He’s giving me the kudos, I’ll accept it,” Ford said. “That’s the just the kind of confidence he has in me. I’ve got his back and he’s got mine. We just kind of complement each other that way.”

*Starting tight end Kevin Boss said he suffered a sprained knee ligament against the 49ers.
He is doing some light jogging these days and hopes to be healthy enough to play in the opener.
“Right now, we’re just focusing on getting back as soon as possible,” Boss said. “We haven’t talked about it but that’s my plan, to be back for that.”
Boss said he feels blessed to have come away from the helmet-to-knee shot with only a sprained medial collateral ligament.
“It’s definitely frustrating, but I’m trying to look at the bright side of it,” Boss said. “It could have been a lot worse. Luckily my leg wasn’t planted. So I’m trying to look at it that way, but it definitely has been frustrating, but I’m going to be back soon and be ready.”

*Some coaches tend to sit on players who are in danger of being cut for fear of exposing them to other teams, who might claim them off waivers based on an impressive showing in an exhibition game.
“I don’t subscribe to that,” Jackson said. “We’re going to play our players who are supposed to play in this game based on our organization’s view of what we think is best for our team.”
The Raiders play their final exhibition game Friday night against the Seattle Seahawks. That leaves ample time for a player to change the coaches’ mind before the final roster cutdown less than 24 hours later.
“It can change,” Jackson said. “As you know, a lot of stuff can happen in the last preseason game, things that are very unfortunate. Somebody could get nicked or whatever all that is. You never know.
“We’re just going to keep working it. When it’s all said and done the guys that are here after this preseason game are the guys we think can help this organization win a championship. That’s all that we’re after.”

• Silverandblack666

Number 1

• http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/526101/AlDavis1_medium.jpg KoolKell

To The Bootlickers Who Say Pre-Season Is Meaningless:

• http://repealitnow.org MistaBrown

B, do you know how to spot KK in the colisuem?

• Method To My Madness

310.Silverandblack666 Says:
    August 31st, 2011 at 3:14 pm
    “Yes he admitted it! This is the first step to recovery…..Michael we are proud of you

Next week on INTERVENTION…..Kelly changes his brown coated socks”

Now that’s funny….do you know what I am saying!

*******************

I do I do know what you are saying

• inonewordraider

that about sums it up

• Method To My Madness

3.MistaBrown Says:
    August 31st, 2011 at 3:16 pm
    B, do you know how to spot KK in the colisuem?

*******************

Yeah Huggies has his picture as their symbol

• http://repealitnow.org MistaBrown

KK is the one with a rusty zipper & yellow socks.

• alex7

Hue Jackson is upset, like every other coach before him, that he is saddled with a never-was, never-will-be defensive coordinator.

• http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/526101/AlDavis1_medium.jpg KoolKell

—————————————-
    He didn’t mention coaching or scheme did he? His hands are tied.

• JB

Hue, if you need to smack someone please start with Bresnahan. He needs to be tuned up on a regular basis.

• alex7

Someone inform Hue that most teams don’t get to run out their intended 11 starters on D week after week after week.

Injuries happen.

Also, Al Davis runs the D. Frustration about the D = frustration about Davis’ system, personnel moves, and coaching hires. Nice.

• http://www.tedhendricks.com/Ted_vs_Montana.jpg BigTed707

*************

Does that include Chuck B?

• Dr.Death

wait till the real games 2 start pointing fingers at least thats like saying u dont like the food before u taste it comon guys

• dvrick

BigTed707 Says:
    August 31st, 2011 at 3:23 pm

For now, he said, he is confident that he has the proper talent on the defensive side of the ball for the Raiders to have a great defense.The guy is a flat out JACKASS!Not buying his BS

• dvrick

# JB Says:
    August 31st, 2011 at 3:22 pm

Hue, if you need to smack someone please start with yourself!You can’t coach daycare. He needs to be tuned up on a regular basis.

• dvrick

# alex7 Says:
    August 31st, 2011 at 3:19 pm

Hue Jackson sucks, like every other coach before him except CABLE!He is saddled with a never-was, never-will-be defensive coordinator.

“Obviously,” Jackson said, “if this defense had a higher football IQ instead of, obviously, a bunch of pass-rushing athletes, my offensive creativity would obviously result in a playoff berth.Talk about passing the buck!Fire this bum immediately!

“As it is, obviously, I expect to lose a bunch of 34-31 games like the Jacksonville one last year.”Fool won’t come close to scoring 30 points!!!

• dvrick

# ghostraiders Says:
    August 31st, 2011 at 11:59 am

I see raiderrockstar and dvprick.. the same aholes as me.

• RaydaSwagger

Nice post #8.

“Obviously”

• Kirk

Two days to go….

• wolff

“I like to play to win and I haven’t won yet,” Jackson said. “It’s pissing me off. That might be why I’m pissed.” – No, I’m pissed, because I was sh*t canned by the zombie.

“We’re going to build it,” Jackson said. “Trust me when I tell you. I’m going to build this bully. I know people don’t see it yet but that’s OK. I am going to build a bully, we’re going to be a bully, we have the ingredients to be a bully and I expect this team to be a bully.” – Sing is in Minnesota

Hue is a clown, the owner is a clown, team record this year will be a clown, off to next year and another comedy.

• wolff

Empty Raider heads fans, still can’t understand, the only way to win is to go against the main clown, until then, you’ll have Hue Jackson.

• anhdazman

A bunch of Raider fans in this forum complained about how bad the defense and defensive coordinator was last year. Demanded changes. A new Defensive coordinator have been hired and before the 1st game, we have a bunch of Raider fans crying already. Relax, stop stressing yourself out. yes there’s room for improvement, but let’s give both the defense and the new DC a chance before you freak out. I believe the Whiners are on the other side of the bay.

• ddwight

Actually, I was one of the few who thought that John Marshall was doing a decent job considering that, Al will and has meddled into everything that he has a right to do—but it doesnt make it right.

Lets face it some of us dont like the C.Breshnahan hire, however we are gonna have to see what happens when the real games start. I admit, I dont like what Ive seen so far, and with or without Nnamdi our defense has taken a step back and it sure is not Jacksons fault–Uncle Al is pulling his strings and somehow even with what appears to be an potentially explosive offense we will probably be on the lower end of a lot of 34-31 games…I also have the feeling that if Hue had is druthers he would fire Breshnahan, and would have hired the NY-Jets Dennis Thurmond as he D-Coord. In fact he would have never hired Breshnahan.

Lets face it, any coach that can win in our environment, has to be one heckuva coach (Chucky) because Al makes it almost impossible.

• dvrick

# Bo Schembechler Jackson Says:
    September 1st, 2011 at 10:11 am

Every time I hear this Build a Bully sht I think of the punk redhead gettin whupped in the Christmas Story movie.

I wish Hue Jackass would lick a frozen fencepost.

• Pingback: Builders in camberley

• Pingback: carp bivvy

• Pingback: amtecol, nam dong duong

• Pingback: if you need keyrings we can help!

• Pingback: chanel pas cher

• Pingback: f1 2011 no cd crack

• Pingback: trucos de adiestramiento , como educar a un cachorro , elegir perro , ansiedad por separacion

• Pingback: agence de communication paris

• Pingback: Wechsel Private Krankenversicherung Fakten

• Pingback: τεχνητά νύχια

• Brownbomber

week 6 and lookin pretty bad right now. HueJACK winning and respectability was the sight you had for the Raider now we must accept your gone and deal this crappy season.