Raiders claim off waivers linebacker, waive S Etheridge

The Raiders claimed Jeremy Leman off waivers from the San Diego Chargers. He will wear the No. 53 most recently donned by former Raiders outside linebacker Thomas Howard from 2006-10.
Leman, 26, has spent time on the practice squads of the Philadelphia Eagles, Minnesota Vikings and Chargers since he left Illinois in 2008. He has not appeared in an NFL regular-season game.
Leman also has some familiarity with Raiders defensive coordinator Chuck Bresnahan from their time together with the Florida Tuskers of the United Football League in 2010. He follows former Tuskers linebacker Darryl Blackstock to the Raiders.

*In other news, the Raiders placed offensive lineman Lou Eliades on the injured reserve and waived/injured undrafted rookie Zac Etheridge. If Etheridge clears waivers, he likely would be placed on the injured-reserve.

*Follow me on Twitter: @corkonthenfl

Steve Corkran

• hwnrdr

Good List Deuce!

• DeuceDeuce

Although it might change depending on tomorrow nights game.

• DMAC,
    I refuse to believe Al will force Hue to play DHB until I see it with my own eyes week 1. I already have a bet with B (hot wings & beer) DHB wont start.

So, still LOL at your original ques.

I hope this is not your innate Semi Pro prognostication but rather a random hiccup of the mind as a result of too much bathtub moonshine.

***

LA,

not a drinker. too much consumed roadkill? perhaps

Sterling Moore or Lito Sheppard dropped for Walt McFadden isn’t what I want – but it wouldn’t surprise me

Steve & Jerry wondered the same by stating often times Al Davis will keep a guy just because he drafted him, even if outplayed by an undrafted rookie.

Shepp hasn’t even played a game for us yet and signed too late to be mentioned in any training camp tweets. The guy has been downright AWFUL since he left Philly. I hope he regains that 2x Pro Bowl mojo – but there’s no guarantee. There’s a reason his agent sent a letter to every NFL team stating my client will play for the vet minimum!

• DMAC

Fair enough Brownie.

• duh

698.hwnrdr Says:
    September 1st, 2011 at 12:17 pm
    Oh no…Beecher has a troll now? I guess we all seen that one coming!

—————————-

Beecher is a troll.

• DMAC why are you calling me Brownie?

• DMAC

Later peoples!
    Gotta run.
    Go A’s!
    Go Dubs!
    Go Cal Bears!
    Go Raiders!

• Method To My Madness

Tonga best FB you have…..there is no room for that? Oh nevermind having the good to beat everyone in the NFL lol…I got it guys

• LA to TheBay

——–

I agree.

Gotta keep Moore. I like Ware too. Walter sucks. Have seen no progress.

• DMAC

I apologize Sir MistaBrown.
    LOL

48 Bani Gbadyu
    49 Matt Giordano
    22 Walter McFadden
    28 Joe Porter
    4 Glenn Pakulak

Thats my final list.

25 guys. I think M Mitchell goes on the IR to make it 26.

Boyd will be the SS/OLB that MM was last year.

*******************

Duece Dumb strikes again!!!

• DMAC

Peace out!

Cornerback Kelvin Hayden signs with Falcons. They also signed veteran safety James Sanders

***

Atlanta preparing to face Drew Brees, Josh Freeman & JaMarcus Newton twice this season!

• DMAC go eat some lunch and comeback with a better attitude.

• lol @ JaMarcus Newton

ROG,

why call DeuceDeuce “Duece Dumb” ???

thats low.

just because the man doesn’t agree with you about Tonga?

• RR why do you call him ROG ?

• DeuceDeuce

RaiderRockstar Says:
    September 1st, 2011 at 12:27 pm
    ROG,

why call DeuceDeuce “Duece Dumb” ???

thats low.

just because the man doesn’t agree with you about Tonga?

—-

Wants to drag me down to his level and beat me with experience..

• Method To My Madness

Block reports updated tonight through the holiday….B@UCE!

• Method To My Madness

718.RaiderRockstar Says:
    September 1st, 2011 at 12:27 pm
    ROG,

why call DeuceDeuce “Duece Dumb” ???

thats low.

just because the man doesn’t agree with you about Tonga?

**************************

He has to have working brain cells first to have an opinion

• Method To My Madness

720.DeuceDeuce Says:
    September 1st, 2011 at 12:28 pm
    RaiderRockstar Says:
    September 1st, 2011 at 12:27 pm
    ROG,

why call DeuceDeuce “Duece Dumb” ???

thats low.

just because the man doesn’t agree with you about Tonga?

—-

Wants to drag me down to his level and beat me with experience..

********************

You lack intelectually the goods to fk with me

• B why does he call you ROG ?

ROG,

what are you basing this love affair with Mayo Tonga on anyways?

his accomplishments at Aragon High School in San Mateo?

The guy played for BYU as Harvey Unga’s lead blocker and wasn’t even drafted. 30+ teams passed 7 times. the Raiders placed him on the practice squad where 30+ teams could have signed him to their active roster (again) and passed.

Unga himself is probably heading for the Bears practice squad … whenever he decides to rejoin the team (left for “personal reasons” and Chicago gets a roster exemption for him)

• DeuceDeuce

MistaBrown Says:
    September 1st, 2011 at 12:19 pm
    DMAC,

So, still LOL at your original ques.

I agree. I think Al lets Hue do his thing in the beginning..

why do you call him ROG ?

***

Brown,

his old (banned) nickname was Return of Goofyness or something like that and every time we used to type “br1en” on the blog, that comment would show up as awaiting moderation

• If DHB starts week 1 Hue will basically have lost the team. Why should 52 other guys work their a$$’s off if HJ cant put the best players on the field.

=Dysfunction

—-

That’s cool man.

• DeuceDeuce

MistaBrown Says:
    September 1st, 2011 at 12:37 pm

=Dysfunction

Unless its a 5 WR set to start the game..

• CJ Legend 34

No doubt DHB starts on day one!

I bet you the $23.5 mill guaranteed of the $38.25 that he starts.

This may turn out to be the second worse rookie signing in the last 10 years. Guess who is #1.

new post ladies

• Plunketthead

Vernon Gholston?

• ohioraider

You gotta understand how the diabolical Old Creeper thinks. He lets Jackson start whomever he wants: Hagan, Moore, whoever. Then the first time the guy makes a mistake a call is placed down to the field, and you damn well know what the order is. Put DHB in. Then for the rest of the year Davis let’s everybody know “I told you so.” And Jackson simmers because, of course, this pathetic little power play happens throughout the season, involving different players. Dysfunction junction. And you wonder why things are the same every year.

• RaiderDebo

Strong stuff from Mike Bush. Lots of myths about JR in Oakland that the clowns couldn’t wait to eat up. You’re going to see more and more of this in the coming weeks. Just remember, I said it 1st years ago.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

SACRAMENTO, Calif. — Bears running back Michael Bush firmly believes JaMarcus Russell deserves another chance in the NFL, even if doesn’t mean a reunion between the two in Chicago.
    “He can throw the ball, and you can’t teach what he has talent-wise,” Bush said of his former Raiders teammate. “He’s my friend, so I would love for him to get another chance, regardless of where it’s at. I’m behind him.”
    Russell, the No. 1 overall pick of the Raiders in the 2007 NFL draft, started his comeback attempt by working out for the Bears on Friday along with fellow free-agent quarterbacks Trent Edwards and Jordan Palmer. The Bears apparently just wanted to get a look at options in case there is a dire need at the position in the future. They’re content with Josh McCown and Matt Blanchard behind starter Jay Cutler, for now. McCown was the starter in Oakland when Russell held out as a rookie.
    Bush was part of the same Oakland draft class as Russell and developed a strong bond with the much-maligned quarterback.
    “A lot of people gave him a bad rap after his stint in Oakland. He wasn’t put in good situations to become a good player,” Bush said of Russell. “We had different coordinators. The line was changing every day. The receivers were changing.
    “Any time you’re the No. 1 pick, of course, there’s a lot of pressure. I don’t even think he watched ‘SportsCenter’ because of all that pressure.”
    Bush was a fourth-round pick in ’07 and spent time working out with Russell
    in Arizona following that year’s NFL combine. Since Bush missed his entire rookie season coming off a broken leg, he really played only two seasons alongside Russell.
    Their relationship extended well beyond the field.
    “Me and him hung out,” Bush said. “I would go to his crib and we’d play basketball together.
    “He just had a lot going on around him. But I still talk to him now. He’s grown up a lot, changed. To my knowledge, he’s been working out and doing good.”
    Russell has been labeled the biggest draft bust of all time and critics pointed to his immaturity. The Raiders coaching staff apparently questioned his desire to learn the playbook back then. There also was concern about his weight ballooning out of control, although the 6-foot-6 Russell reportedly weighed in at a respectable 267 pounds for his Bears workout.
    Bush was asked how Russell could have improved his reputation.
    “I don’t know … once he left the facility, I don’t know what he had going on,” Bush said. “I thought everything was good. But everything you see, what’s the saying? Everything that glitters ain’t always gold.
    “You never know what people go through off the field. Even though we’re athletes, we’re normal folks. Me watching on TV all the stuff that he went through, I didn’t even know about it. He didn’t talk about it.”
    No matter what happens with Russell moving forward, Bush always will have respect for his friend’s ability. He remembers one game in particular from their Oakland days. In November 2008, Russell guided the Raiders to a 31-10 win over Cutler and the Broncos in Denver. Russell completed 10 of 11 passes for 152 yards and a touchdown.
    “And everybody overlooked that game,” Bush said. “He was showing touch. He showed he could move. He showed a deep ball. And he showed he could manage the clock as a quarterback. It was a game at their stadium, and we won. And I think that was a sign of him being good.
    “I just wish he would get another shot.”
    Bush knows a thing or two about supporting a teammate. He was one of a handful of Bears who made the trek to Sacramento for Lance Briggs’ hometown youth football camp. Tim Jennings, James Anderson, Chris Conte, Isaiah Frey, J.T. Thomas, Henry Melton, Major Wright and Stephen Paea also made the trip along with former Bears Nick Roach (Raiders), Jerry Azumah, Anthony Adams, Rashied Davis and Kahlil Bell.