WR Hagan, RB Bennett not at practice

Veteran wide receiver Derek Hagan and veteran running back Michael Bennett are not at practice. Why? It’s all guesswork right now.
We won’t have access to coach Hue Jackson and the players until practice ends around 1 or so. Neither player has been hurt of late, so it brings about the prospect of one or both players being waived or excused from practice for personal reasons.
It’s unlikely that the Raiders would cut Hagan, given he was their most productive wide receiver in their four exhibition games. It wouldn’t be so surprising if the Raiders cut Bennett because they already have four other running backs.
Stay tuned on these matters.

*As expected, tight end Kevin Boss, receiver Louis Murphy and safety Mike Mitchell missed practice once again.
Jackson has said that Murphy won’t play against the Denver Broncos in the regular-season opener Sept. 12. He still is holding out hope that Boss and/or Mitchell will recover from their knee injuries in time to play against Denver.

*Receiver Chaz Schilens made it two practices in a row. He is working with the rest of his teammates and showing no lingering effects from the leg injury he suffered against the Arizona Cardinals on Aug. 11.

*Not much else to report from the 30 minutes we were allowed to watch practice.
The Raiders are off Tuesday and resume preparation for the Broncos on Wednesday, with the first of three straight night practices.
The Raiders are bringing in portable lights for the practices. Jackson set the start time for 7:15 p.m. so that his players can get used to playing at that time of night. The Broncos game starts at the same time.
Jackson said he has seen this approach used in the past, when he coached with the Cincinnati Bengals and Atlanta Falcons.
Former Raiders coach Tom Cable was a huge proponent of practicing at the time of an upcoming game. They practiced at night at the Coliseum in advance of a Monday night game against the San Diego Chargers in 2009.

*Follow me on Twitter: @corkonthenfl

Steve Corkran

• Sullivan44

lol. A Davis shill second guesses my claim that Hagan doesn’t it into Al’s system, then another Davis shill pops up and backs up my statement in full detail. love it!!!!

• Plunketthead

If Bill Bellacheat listed his punter as his third QB bspn would slobber all over themselves and interupt normal BS programming to tell us what a brillant coach he is

• Macho Man Randy Savage

sources say Hagan cut…not on depth chart in NFL.com… thank you Al, we love DHB, nobody better take playing time from the DECOY!

• Orthodoxdj

I said last week that I’m afraid Hagan would be cut. If he is, then I have LOST ALL RESPECT FOR HUE JACKSON.

• DonManoukiansNeighbor

Maybe Hagen and Bennett arnt there because they wont be dressed for the game. Well lets hope thats the reason.

• Matt Giordano???

• Macho Man Randy Savage Says:
    September 5th, 2011 at 12:31 pm
    sources say Hagan cut

=================================

Citation, please.

• J Hill

I wouldn’t call myself an Al Davis follower at all.

I’m a Raider fan first and foremost.

And by the way, why are you posting as Sullivan44 instead of RMR?

• Sullivan44

Notice how Al seems to eliminate any sign of improvement from this team?

• J Hill Says:
    September 5th, 2011 at 12:33 pm
    And by the way, why are you posting as Sullivan44 instead of RMR?

=======================================

RMR got banned, I believe. Sullivan44 is not RMR’s only sockpuppet, either. Not by far.

• realtruraider

SullivanMR, Why are you a raiders fan?

• Thec07

And by the way, why are you posting as Sullivan44 instead of RMR?

++++++++++

I think the better question is why does he post under so many diffrent handles? I find that disturbing…

• 24 Says:
    September 5th, 2011 at 12:22 pm

LMN – What up bro. Yeah…I’m Wo0dSoN24 and 24. I don’t carry any other names.
    ________________________________________________________

well I meant all something with 24, wasnt Huff24 you?

anyhoo, good to see ya back..

• Sullivan44

If there’s any improvement at all, Al slashed it with a sword.

Team improves from 5-11 to 8-8. Head coach gone.

QB depth chart respectable with Gradkowski backing up Campbell. Gradkowski gone.

Receiving corp respectable with Hagan… He’s gone.

Any sign of improvement whatsoever, and Al just makes it disappear almost instantly.

• J Hill Says:
    September 5th, 2011 at 12:33 pm

I wouldn’t call myself an Al Davis follower at all.

I’m a Raider fan first and foremost.
    ________________________________________________________

Cool!

• Method To My Madness

Man if Hagan got cut Im gonna lose it…..CChaz sucks)urphy hurt,ford too litttle, nicki sux, dhb blows and moore is a rookie. Very disappointing

• priesttj

yeah that’s why ford is still a and tj and moore and ausberry and lil wiz and bruce campbell and…..

you fools n here will follow any fool who comes along as long as he has negative words about mr davis that is your only requirement. raider fans yeah right!

• Orthodoxdj

NFL.com does not have Hagan on the depth chart. Whether that means anything or not, IDK.

If Hagan was cut, then Hue is full of crap about putting the best players on the field and Al is worse than he’s ever been. Hagan made plays! He’ll be a good receiver for some team out there, just wait and see.

• Sullivan44 Says:
    September 5th, 2011 at 12:36 pm
    If there’s any improvement at all, Al slashed it with a sword.

Team improves from 5-11 to 8-8. Head coach gone.

Receiving corp respectable with Hagan… He’s gone.

=========================================

Once again, you relentlessly mocked Cable every chance you got, right up until he was canned. Now you’d think he was Lombardi, to hear you go on and on about it.

Grads, meanwhile, lost his job in a cakewalk to a second-round pick (Dalton) that most felt was an overdrafted fourth-rounder.

Hagan is NOT gone.

• Raiders for life

I’ve got a feeling that Steve Wisniewski, Biekert and Woodson will be suiting up by week 3.

• J Hill

So would you guys rather have Ford and Moore risked on punt returns and kick offs, or would you rather have them healthy to catch passes?

“Obviously”, Hue prefers to have those guys as WRs so Miller means a little more to him than Hagan does.

If Murphy and Chaz had/have any type of long term injury, then the Hagan hysteria would make sense.

Your DELUSIONAL

• Wow I can’t believe the kept nmiller over hagan
    ridiculous

• Sullivan44

It shouldn’t be surprising at all if Hagan was cut. He doesn’t fit into Al Davis’s system.

• Method To My Madness

Gradkowski was unacceptable for our offense….glad he gone

• Why does anybody think Hagan was cut?

Show me ONE citation that says so. Just one.

• Sullivan44

Al values speed over hands, strength, and YAC. Everyone knows this. Hagan, no matter how good, is simply not a system fit with the Raiders.

• armond

wouldnt surprise me if hagan was cut at all. remember this is the same dunbazz team that decided to start the year with figurs as the return man over ford. they did that despite yamon fumbling ko’s and not making made the team and he fumbled the opening kickoff in tennessee to start the year. i guess u could say “that figurs.”

• J Hill

Your DELUSIONAL if you think Hagan was going to move to #1 on the WR depth chart ahead of DHB. The Raiders are not giving up on a top draft pick especially when the last time we saw him he drew 2 PI calls and caught the balls that were thrown his way.

• Pipe layer

I 100 percent agree with Sullivan, coach Davis holds this team back cuz he’s a control freak, hue is a d@m good coach, just too bad he will never have a say and get thrown under the bus in two years, if they really cut hagan, just another sign once again of who’s making decisions, how are the players supposed to respect hue when they see the coach is being undermined again by a control freak owner, gonna be a mutiny soon

• 24

LMN – You have a better memory than I haha. Also Huff24. I’ve been on this thing for so long it seems.

• Method To My Madness

Man its sad…..oh yeah Beecher Im stoppin by the Ritz right before I go….u never emaailed me homeboy like I asked

• Orthodoxdj

Priest, Al Davis is not the Raiders. I can say all I want about his decisions and still be a fan. I’m sorry you’re blind to Al’s madness, but it does explain your posts. Hagan was the most consistent and polished receiver we had. He also studied hard and set an example. Maybe that means nothing to you. Then gain, it should mean something because you need all the good wr help you can get in orderto make your homeboy JaJason look decent.

This team has gone backwards. 2010 was interesting. Welcome back early draft picks.

• J Hill Says:
    September 5th, 2011 at 12:38 pm

Your DELUSIONAL
    ____________________
    if this is correct then it is what it is
    but Moore should be in PR’s an KOR’s IMO

• Sullivan44

Our QB depth chart was statistically better overall with Gradkowski on it. You may not think that’s significant, but I promise you defensive coordinators around the league do. Campbell was benched for Gradkowski last year and the team won. Believe me, if Gradkowski were still on our depth chart, every DC we face this year would be taking note of it and tweaking their defense to prepare for the possibility of him being subbed in. And the more players opposing DCs have to prepare for, the more options that open up for your offense.

• Relax, everyone. Hagan is still on the team and will either be starting vs Denver, or be the #3 WR.

• 24

As of right now, Hagan is listed on the active roster.

• Pipe layer

So this is what we’ve become? We root for our wrs to draw PI penalties instead of being consistent pass catchers ?? Wow, so sad

• 24

Transactions only shows Michael Bennett being cut so far.

• Method To My Madness

Jhill fk all that! DHB sucks even on those PI calls he didnt look smooth! Oh yeah im semi pro’n rewatching game now with my ppos…..Hendu should start and reece sucks as a blocker

• Grads is not all that. He just isn’t. He is WAY too inconsistent. Yes, he’ll have an awesome effort in relief, but then follow it up with a total dog. You can’t build a team around a guy like that.

• 24 Says:
    September 5th, 2011 at 12:42 pm

______________________________________________________

like an elephant! =)

• armond

72.J Hill Says:
    September 5th, 2011 at 12:38 pm

Your DELUSIONAL

——————————————————-
    see this is the problem with yall in here. u wanna win
    or continue to lose? ford is our best return man so he must return kicks. that gives an advantage eveytime he is back there. its like rickey henderson leading off a game. u have the chance to take the lead FIRST. ford gives us that ability and its a way of giving him touches. moore is already a more explosive pr than miller and jones should be a better option. its football, guys get hurt. u put the best players out on the field to make plays.miller sucks as a return man.

• 24 Says:
    September 5th, 2011 at 12:44 pm
    As of right now, Hagan is listed on the active roster.

=========================================

Yes, exactly. Why? HE’S STILL ON THE TEAM.

As for the NFL.com depth charts: last time I checked, they still listed Manning as a starter. ARCHIE Manning, that is.

(Yes, I kid. But not by much.)

• priesttj

There is nothing or anyone who says Hagan is GONE!!

We just have a bunch of old women in here overeacting to NOTHING………

• Bennett released!!!

• Pipe layer

MAybe they’re keeping nick miller because they need a crash test dummy for punt returns and don’t wanna risk denarius and jacoby,

• J Hill

but Moore should be in PR’s an KOR’s IMO

——————————————————

I agree with you.

Moore looked way better than Miller returning kicks.

Hue came out the other day and said Ford is returning KOs, so I don’t know why Moore can’t return punts.

I guess we’ll see how it shakes out.

Regardless, Hagan is not going to be higher than 5 on the depth chart opening night.

• Sullivan44

Duck, the Raiders QB depth chart was statistically better with Gradkowski on it than it is today. Defensive coordinators would have had to prepare for the possibility of Grads being subbed in. They’d have to put a lot of schemes into their weekly game plan to shut down the short passing game. That would have opened things up for Campbell. Having a deep roster of talented players helps. And, Gradkowski didn’t cost a dime. If it’s all about winning…

• Raiders released RB Michael Bennett.
    The 33-year-old managed just 66 yards on 20 preseason carries, “good” for a 3.3 average. Though Bennett seemed to be an Al Davis favorite, there was no reason to keep him with Taiwan Jones emerging as a speedy reserve back.

• armond

lets also remember that dmc is our best player and we dont want too many people taking away his touches along with bush. we need to establish roles on this team so that they understand what they need to do. the best teams have that. when we establish that then we will win games and win them big. yall get caught up in this bullsh!t of everyone needing to touch the ball when they really dont. the best players get the most while the others fight for scraps.