By Steve Corkran
Friday, September 9th, 2011 at 2:10 pm in Oakland Raiders.
The Raiders finally posted their injury report, and it sheds some light on the information that coach Hue Jackson has refused to divulge for, in some cases, more than a month.
For instance, the Raiders officially list cornerback Chris Johnson with a groin injury and safety Mike Mitchell with a knee injury.
I reported Mitchell’s injury, but the information came from a person close to Mitchell. Jackson revealed the Johnson had a surgery in mid-August but not that it was for his groin.
Also, for the first time, we learned that:
1. Wide receiver Chaz Schilens’ injury against the Arizona Cardinals on Aug. 11 was to his knee, and he was limited in practice Thursday.
2. Wide receiver Louis Murphy’s surgery was on his groin.
3. Outside linebacker Darryl Blackstock suffered a concussion at some point.
4. Rookie running back Taiwan Jones is nursing a sore foot, and he was limited in practice Thursday night.
5. Wide receiver Derek Hagan suffered a calf injury and not a “ding.”
6. Rookie cornerback DeMarcus Van Dyke injured his ribs at some point, though he was full go in practice.
The Raiders don’t practice until 7:05 tonight. Jackson is required to provide an update on the aforementioned players. At that time, we also should get a better idea as to whether Mitchell and/or tight end Kevin Boss (knee) will be able to play against the Denver Broncos on Monday night.
*Follow me on Twitter:@corkonthenfl