S Huff, WR Ford and DT Seymour miss second straight practice

Wide receiver Jacoby Ford, defensive tackle Richard Seymour and free safety Michael Huff are among those who aren’t practicing today.
That doesn’t rule out any of the three from playing against the Buffalo Bills on Sunday. However, it does make them less likely, given they haven’t practiced at all this week.
Huff is nursing a groin injury that he suffered against the Denver Broncos on Monday night. Ford strained a hamstring and Seymour hurt his ribs in the same game.
Seymour had two of Oakland’s five sacks against the Broncos, so the Raiders would be hard-pressed to replace him from a production standpoint. If he can’t play, it means more playing time for Desmond Bryant and John Henderson.
Nick Miller ran several plays opposite Darrius Heyward-Bey at wide receiver with the first-team offense this morning. The smart money says, Chaz Schilens and Heyward-Bey start, with Denarius Moore and Miller receiving added playing time if Ford can’t play Sunday.
On the bright side for the Raiders, running back Darren McFadden (shoulder), quarterback Jason Campbell (foot), defensive end Jarvis Moss (foot) and cornerback Joe Porter (concussion) are at practice and looking fine.
Three new officials are presiding over practice, at coach Hue Jackson’s request. Jackson said the officials who worked Wednesday’s practice weren’t there to collect dust.
“I told them, ‘Throw a flag, throw it. Don’t hesitate,” Jackson said. “And they didn’t. They were very aggressive, and we only had a few, so that was a good thing. We won the battle (Wednesday). We only had about … three or four. It wasn’t 15, I promise you that.”

Follow me on Twitter: @corkonthenfl

Steve Corkran

• Sullivan44

Teachers are fighting for their jobs because liberals have taken over the educational system? yeah.

• VittorioTafur Maybe Schilens isn’t 100 percent yet … & Hagan’s big preseason stats looked at by coaches same way team’s 0-4 record was — not worth much
    about 1 hour ago

• KK the clown,
    I didn’t know taking the country back from left wing marxist extremist means taking it from “brothers”. P a l i n is not a public official, shes not running for any office, shes not my leader, not your leader. So why are you obsessed with Al Davis & P a l i n ?

• KoolKell Says:
    September 15th, 2011 at 2:40 pm
    BrownStains

Whaddya think about Sarah P@lin going down on Glen Rice, eh?
    ———–
    Huh? Did I miss something?

• KK the clown and MR if you wanna have a race baiting session why dont you leave your houses and hit up the local mickey d’s and start a conversation with some white construction workers.

lol

• Sullivan44

This is a marxist country, MB? You mean I don’t have to go to work later? I’m really not broke from paying my bills? Sweet!!!

• Libtards are such a mess they go after P a l i n and shes not even in the race.

lmfao

• Sullivan44

I wish we were a Marxist country like MB says. That way I wouldn’t have to go to work later. Im a little hungover.

• Albert Bigelow Paine Says:
    September 15th, 2011 at 2:51 pm
    KoolKell Says:
    September 15th, 2011 at 2:40 pm
    BrownStains

Whaddya think about Sarah P@lin going down on Glen Rice, eh?
    ———–
    Huh? Did I miss something?
    ——————————————
    You sure as hell did! lol. seems Sarah P@lin and Glen Rice had an affair.

• Sullivan44

What happens in Anchorage, stays in Anchorage…

• Sullivan44

Sarah P@lin had a “fetish for black men” too, they’re saying. Hey, I have no problem with it. Tha’ts not going to go over well with her constituency, though. MB’s not happy about it. He’s in denial of it.

• M Lonetree

hope all of the nitpicking complainers here, after the Raiders open the season 1-0 for the first time in nine years no less, find some pleasant way to bash each other into unconciousness.

Oaktown 27 – Niagara suburb 21

• KK only a racist fool like you would be amused at a black man & a white woman hooking up.

• Just Fire Baby

Is it an affair if both aren’t married?

A think a fling is more appropriate.

Anyways, Rice has been married twice, both to white chicks who fleeced him for his cash, so seems he has just as much explaining to do in his community as Sarah does.

• Glen Rice has a hot wife. I don’t know why he would be into that cow:

• Sullivan44

MB, I have more respect for Sarah now than ever. This isn’t going to go over well with her constituency, though. I mean, not the coke part. Republicans are used to their leaders doing that, after 8 years of Bush. But having sex with black guys? Big no-no in the red states. She should switch parties.

• Sullivan44

Albert, supposedly happened 20 years ago. Sarah was pretty hot then. She was a sports reporter for the local t.v. station.

• joker94583

Al is pissed that Hagan has been showing up his pet draft picks at WR. Hue signed Hagan not Al. I think Herrera is putting a little something in Al’s Ensure. How can you ignorant fools continue to support Al?

• Just Fire Baby

I’d do some blow with Sarah, 20 years ago or 20 minutes from now.

• Sullivan44

The hatred of Hagan is just bizarre. There is no other fan base in the league that does this. Player comes in, kicks ass in preseason, and everyone bashes the guy, calls him horrible, injury prone, a retread, lucky to be here. What did he do wrong? lmao. Comes in, makes a couple of good grabs in preseason, some significant YAC, a TD, and he’s a bum. Only the RAider nation. I guess we’ve been such a successful team over the years that it warrants these high standards. lol.

• Just Fire Baby

I’m pretty sure we have seen the end of Derek Hagan being made available to the media and giving quotes.

If Hagan is talking to the press, some Davis minion will have a watchful eye on him.

• The last preseason game Hagan didnt see much action I was wondering why.

Just Fire Baby Says:
    September 15th, 2011 at 3:03 pm

I’d do some blow with Sarah, 20 years ago or 20 minutes from now.

………

Sorry, Vegas. Don’t know if you’re packing enough heat in the middle to party with her.

• SharkCatcher

Can someone Please expain the hate for the Raiders for me ?

• raidertay

I hope Hagan doesnt become another Jacoby Ford. The guy wasnt able to ball out until game 9 last yr.

• SharkCatcher

a clean sweep….Who the F#CK are the Bill

• Just Fire Baby

*****************************

Well………….nah I’ll just leave good enough alone, lol.

• Sullivan44

Shark Catcher, it’s not hate. It’s common sense. The Raiders barely squeaked by what might be the worst team in the NFL. The Bills destroyed their opponent last week. Everyone knows the Raiders tend to go soft after key wins. It took Gruden 3 years to rid the team of this culture. No matter how tough Hue is, trust me, it’s still there. We have a lot of players who think they just won the Super Bowl, because that’s the vibe around the Raiders’ headquarters after wins like this. Al gets too satisfied with division victories.

• RaiderSpano

I’ve seen camp fold like a cheap tent far too many times to all of a sudden believe he now is a leader, or even a quality qb.

You might want to also start a “Campbell believers who are now throwing him under the bus, and backing up a few times, just to be sure” list as well, because sure as shootin it’s gonna happen
    ========================
    Dakota Says:
    September 15th, 2011 at 1:48 pm
    Mistic1,

You should start a Rue the Day they Doubted Jason Campbell list!

• DutchRaider77

“Until we get everybody back, this young man has a chance to play,” Jackson said after the game. “He’s going to have an opportunity.”

If that sounds lukewarm, it might be Jackson’s way of being diplomatic to the other wideouts. If Hagan continues to perform as he has, he’ll simply have to play, regardless of who’s healthy.

Quick bio: Hagan is 6-foot-2 and 215. He went to ASU. Last year, he started four games for the Giants, caught 24 balls for 224 yards.

When the Raiders signed him a week into camp, it seemed like an afterthought. Or maybe they knew he was a born Raider. Hagan grew up in Los Angeles, and his parents were Raiders fans who took him to games.

His parents now live in Palmdale; his father works for Lockheed as a flight-test mechanic.

Hagan said he was stressed out when the Giants didn’t call him during the free-agent signing period. The Raiders did, and Hagan rolled up his sleeves. He knew he had to play catch-up, so he studied like crazy, every spare moment, and feels like he has a nice grasp.

“I’m just comfortable,” Hagan said. “I know how to get open. I know how to run routes. And it all comes down really to just studying.”

I asked him if his teammates consider him weird because he doesn’t do video games.

“It’s not weird, it’s training camp,” he said. “We’ve got things to do.”

Listen up, kids, because next Derek Hagan is going to explain why he eats his vegetables.

• JLofty

#274. I share that concern. But what exactly is Huge going to do about it? We’re sink or swim with Soup.

• SharkCatcher

Sullivan44 Says:
    September 15th, 2011 at 3:14 pm
    Shark Catcher, it’s not hate. It’s common sense.
    ————-
    Maybe the doctor dropped me on my head when I was born because I reallu think The Raiders are going to blow them out.

• Sullivan44

Eric Allen picked Buffalo, too. Is he a hater now? lol. They’re just doing their job. Al’s not paying them. They have their careers to look after, and they can’t jeopardize their credibility out of loyalty to Al. Same reason Madden used to tell it like it was with us.

• raidertay

Hue needs to take some advise from Gruden and give Al some cutups of Nick Miller kicking the ball out of bounds on the 2 yard line.

• RaiderSpano

Can’t see hate. I see evaluation, coming to a conclusion. It’s an opinion. And they’ll be wrong.

SharkCatcher Says:
    September 15th, 2011 at 3:10 pm
    Can someone Please expain the hate for the Raiders for me ?

• Sullivan44

If we lose it’s all Eric Allen’s fault for being disloyal! lol.

• raidertay

I dont think they are hating on the Raiders. If anything its really tough for West Cost teams to play back East. Raiders will need to bring their A game.

• SharkCatcher

‘hate” maybe was the wrong word …No faith in us though.

• RaiderSpano

free salmon cakes is probably what did it.

Albert Bigelow Paine Says:
    September 15th, 2011 at 2:56 pm
    Glen Rice has a hot wife. I don’t know why he would be into that cow:

• crazy_eyepatch

#325 #327
    click on Week 1
    everyone picked the Bronc-hoes to win
    let the naysayers eat crow

• Sullivan44

It’s not their job to have ‘faith”. It’s their to analyze the two teams the best they can. They’re not paid to be fans. They’re paid to be analysts. Do you honestly not understand that, Shark?

• SharkCatcher

Faith ..hate….ect…bottom line : They dont believe the Raiders are good enough to beat the sorry ass Bills

• Sullivan44

No, they know the Raiders aren’t good enough to beat the Bills. The Raiders are still the Raiders. It will take Hue at least a couple of years to get that Al Davis stench out of this team…assuming he ever does it. Raiders always go soft after these big division wins. They never capitalize on them.

• Just Fire Baby

I don’t know about everyone else, but I heard the professor John Clayton pick us to beat the Broncos, and Trey Wingo and Schlereth today both picked the Raiders this weekend.

• SharkCatcher

IF you look at the other sweeps they make sense ..Except the Raiders..even the freaking espn COmputer..lol

• SharkCatcher

schlereth picked the bills http://espn.go.com/nfl/picks

• LA to TheBay

Still don’t get the need for validation from media. Who cares what they pick? In the end, they usually go .500 anyway.

That’s why they play the games, people.

• alex7

I’m here JHill!

Groves looked terrible all pre-season.

Groves looked solid vs Broncos.

He wasn’t trying to get juked and miss tackles all preseason, so I need to see more than one solid game from him to believe he’s actually better this year.

Was great to see though!

• SharkCatcher

Sullivan — I haven’t been paying attention to the back and forth you and other bloggers argue about every single day..I dont know if you’re this “MR” Guy everybody talk about . I just want to know…are you a Raiders fan?

• Just Fire Baby

LOL…..pull up the Herd podcast today when both Stink and Trey were on.

Schlereth picked the Raiders, as did Wingo. Heard took the Bills.