WR/KR Ford, S Mitchell return to practice; Murphy, C.J. out

Wide receiver/kick returner Jacoby Ford is at practice today, as is backup safety Mike Mitchell. That gives the Raiders two players they haven’t seen much of this season, both in training camp and games.
Ford played in the regular-season opener, but he missed the past two games with a hamstring injury. He said Monday that he is making solid progress and expects to play against the New England Patriots on Sunday.
For Mitchell, he is on the field with his teammates for the first time since early in training camp. He has been recovering from a knee injury that he suffered in a camp drill July 31.
That means Mitchell has been out of action for almost two months. It’s likely that he will need this week and, perhaps, next to get into football shape. It’s conceivable, though, that he will get limited action against the Patriots.
Free safety Michael Huff is at practice, too, which means he passed the requisite tests for players who suffer a concussion. That was the case with Huff against the New York Jets on Sunday.
Cornerback Chris Johnson is not at practice. He strained a hamstring against the Jets on the Raiders’ first defensive series and missed the rest of the game. He had a surgery on his groin midway through camp.
The only other players who missed practice are: receiver Louis Murphy (groin/hamstring), fullback Marcel Reece (ankle) and defensive end Matt Shaughnessy (shoulder).
Shaughnessy was in uniform, but he was not participating in drills. Murphy and Reece weren’t on the field at all. Rookie tight end Richard Gordon is working at fullback today in Reece’s absence.
Defensive back Ron Parker made his Raiders debut at practice today, two days after being signed to the team’s practice squad. He is wearing No. 36.
Nick Miller is returning punts in practice today, as is rookie Denarius Moore. Coach Hue Jackson replaced Miller with Moore against the Jets. No word yet on whether Jackson is going to stick with Moore or go back to Miller.

Follow me on Twitter: @corkonthenfl

Steve Corkran

• Nnamdi21

New sponsor?

Anyone ever drink this stuff? Its supposed to be an “Official” Raider sponsor.

Npot a fan of Gin but I’ll try the wodka all day long.

• http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXj7I1RzLSE&feature=related exlaraiderseasonticketholder

394.Master Beeecham Says:
    September 28th, 2011 at 3:29 pm
    Don’t worry Exla, I gotcha covered. Don’t worry, we’ll all “make believe” you didn’t just get roasted then shown out the back door.

Too much fun, goober!

————————–
    I don’t believe I’m conversing with a troll. I will stop now.

• Nnamdi21

400. The only Sanders injured more than Bob is the Colonel

• ArmChair GM

It’s all good CJ Legend.

We True Raiders just want the team to do well, and there is an excitement here that hasn’t been seen since 2002.

• Nnamdi21

402. Eww! Beecham showed you his “back door”!

• Dakota

I don’t think anyone has given him props for it, but I think Bruce Davis knocked the ball away from Cromartie just as it looked like Cromartie was going to recover that kick return.

Good job Bruce Davis THE THIRD!!!!

405.Nnamdi21 Says:
    September 28th, 2011 at 3:34 pm
    402. Eww! Beecham showed you his “back door”!

———————-
    Too easy to drop the hammer but as I said, I don’t converse with trolls.

• Nnamdi21

404. All good but its just one game.

I like the way we’re playing though.Getting it done with 2nds and 3rd manning the back half and by putting up copious points.

Have to admit I wasn’t sold on our O line. Thought it would falter but has played well so far.

Wonder what it says that Barksdale is seeing more time and B Campbell is not?

Either Cooper is playing too well (he seems to be) and or B Campbell not up on RT.

Barks has been filling there when Barnes goes extra TE in Jumbo pack

• Dakota

Or is it Bruce Davis II, or IV, or Jr. Whatever.

• Guy
  • Nnamdi21

406. slapped a paw on Cromartie’s shoulder as he wizzed by. Tai made the recovery. First time on coverage team too.

• Nnamdi21

410. Jeebuz, 3 games in…yuck.

• Nnamdi21

Peace owt Nation have a good day!

• realtruraider

396.crazy_eyepatch Says:
    September 28th, 2011 at 3:30 pm
    Did anyone else besides me enjoy the Black Hole Oreo Jarvis Moss and Tommy Kelly did on Sanchez in the 4qtr?

=======================================================
    Yeah, looked like Sanchez did get to eat a hot dog after all.

• Master Beeecham

Nnamdi Num Nuts, any new awesome articles on raider station you want to promote?

Seriously, your mom is an awesome journalist.

Love it, Exla –

I will stop now = Can’t take the beating any longer

Bros, if I rolled any harder I’d be a Mack Truck with helicopter capabilities. Play it back, Young MC

• http://raiders.com Raider Ray

It looks like Vick is finally showing his true colors. Flash in the pan athletic freak who can’t sustain a career. That’s the thing with black QBs. They show flashes of brilliance, then pizzle out. Warren Moon was great, that’s about it. Hopefully the Raiders come to their senses and move Pryor to tight end.

• realtruraider

Raider gay = Racist POS cop

• Dakota

411.Nnamdi21 Says:
    September 28th, 2011 at 3:39 pm
    +++++++++++++++

Is that all….looked like more to me.

• http://raiders.com Raider Ray

Realtruraider Says:
    September 28th, 2011 at 3:45 pm
    Raider gay = Racist POS cop
    ————
    I’m not a racist. The problem with you liberals is that you can’t face the truth. I’m just stating facts. The PC police are always trying to distort reality so no one gets their feelings hurt.

• Seymour Bush

Shut Up Ray. And don’t call yourself a Raider with that trash.

• http://raiders.com Raider Ray

Seymour Bush Says:
    September 28th, 2011 at 3:50 pm
    Shut Up Ray. And don’t call yourself a Raider with that trash.
    ————-
    Just speaking the truth. I doubt you can dispute me.

Master Beeecham Says:
    September 28th, 2011 at 3:41 pm
    I will stop now = Can’t take the beating any longer

—————————
    Yep, I think you should stop jerking off too.

• al d. davis

welp…..lil Tom married a brazilian tramp, calls herself a model, walks down a ramp,

Gisele has Tommie by the balls, she scolds him for misbehavior, he squalls and squalls…..

2009 was the end for lil Tom, has pass completions, but somehow he bombs…

once he’s roughed up, and gets his fanny kicked too, Gisele steps in, she’s no one’s fool….

has her foot on this throat, spike heel up his butt, he gives her lip she’ll crack his nut…

if the team wants the game they’ll break tommie’s nose, jam his face in the mud and crack his toes,

when his whore gets to screaching we’ll know we’ve won, won’t be hard, just get her done…

lil tommie gave his first born, its mommy’s last name,
    he’s a coward and low-life, under that golden mane,

I say whoop him, and whoop him good, the Pats will fall just like they should…..

Just Lose Baby !!!! I out…….

• Master Beeecham

OWNED
    ha ha ha
    love it!

# exlaraiderseasonticketholder Says:
    September 28th, 2011 at 3:53 pm

Master Beeecham Says:
    September 28th, 2011 at 3:41 pm
    I will stop now = Can’t take the beating any longer

—————————
    Yep, I think you should stop jerking off too.

• LA to TheBay

Whatever you say, Sybil.

• Method To My Madness

Fake Ray aka MR….is a sad case….one moment the troll wants to be black then he turns into the KKK when he comes with his other aliases….someone is scared Al will get Exec of the Year in 2011

• LA to TheBay

The chief of police in Detroit is looking to shut down the Booty Lounge, a bus that functions as a strip club outside Ford Field during Lions home games.

-PFT

—————

Nothing is sacred anymore.

With that, I’m out.

Be good, Nation.

• Seymour Bush

Raider Ray Says:
    September 28th, 2011 at 3:42 pm

===============================================

That flash in the pan Mike Vick has been in the league almost ten years and is a wonderful player. So is Josh Freeman in Tampon Bay, and let’s not forget Donovan McNabb in addition to Warren Moon. Trash.

• Seymour Bush

LA to TheBay Says:
    September 28th, 2011 at 3:59 pm

-PFT
    =============================================

Not the Booty Lounge!!! Nooooooooooooo!!!

• Raider Dell

Method To My Madness Says:
    September 28th, 2011 at 3:58 pm

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    AAHHHH YES

Good catch. B your too smart.

• inonewordraider

Raider Ray Says:
    September 28th, 2011 at 3:52 pm
    Seymour Bush Says:
    September 28th, 2011 at 3:50 pm
    Shut Up Ray. And don’t call yourself a Raider with that trash.
    ————-
    Just speaking the truth. I doubt you can dispute me.

If your logic is true then all white people are psychotic because not many non whites shoot up malls or schools or all white people are perverts because the majority of pedophiles shown on the news are white and of course not all white people are such. By the way Jason Campbell has a top ten qb rating for the season

• Seymour Bush

At least I’m number 420. Sweeeeet.

• RaydaSwagger

Obviously!

• raiderzmaverick

Once we’re past the next two games I think we match up very well.
    New England will spread us pretty thin in the secondary with quick throws and our D-Line won’t have enough time to get to Brady.
    Similar style to what we ran into with the Bills.

• qodrn

Week One: Ghost – exact score
    Week Two: Sullivan – closest
    Week Three: Pretty Rick – closest

Big Banana Raiders 31 Pats 28*
    Carl Weathers Raiders 47 – patsies 20
    Dakota Raiders 28 Pats 27
    Datruth Score: Raiders 42 Pats 35
    Dhedee98 Raiders 42 Pats 34
    DonManokiansNeighbor Raiders 42 Pats 34
    EMRaider NE 35 OAK 41
    Fingers Raiders 35…. Patsies 30….
    Ghostraiders Raiders 40 patsies 35 a Classic win!!
    Hairybrush Raiders 34 Pats 30
    Hendu Raiders 23-ne 17
    JLofty Raiders 41 Pasties 34
    mikedlopes 38 – 27 Raiders
    Method to My Madness Raiders 30 Pats 21
    O Raiders 45 Butt-Pats 35
    PlunketforHOF Raiders 34 Cheatriots 14 After Goldilocks knocked out of the game before the half
    qodrn Raiders 35 Patriots 32
    Reallionreb 38-28 Raiders
    Redneck Raider 35-31 RAIDERS
    RobRaider raiders 27 pats 20
    Severeraiderz Raiders 35 Pats 31
    Silverandblack666 Raiders 41 Pats 38

• raidertalk

Funny how the offense has not skipped a beat without Ford, but the Defense seems as though it could use Mitchell’s help.

• Gerard

52.The_Judge37 Says:
    September 28th, 2011 at 11:38 am
    I’d rather have Tommy Kelly returning punts than Nick Miller

Ha. That’s good.

• Pingback: rencontre cougar, rencontre femme mure, rencontre mature, rencontre femme cougar, rencontre femme mature

• Pingback: kindle fire sales 2012