Jackson’s post-game speech video

Here’s a link to a video of Raiders coach Hue Jackson talking to his team following a 25-20 win over the Houston Texans Sunday, courtesy of Raiders.com.

Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer

• Line is Oak -5.5

O/U:44.5

We actually aren’t the underdog in I don’t know how long.

• inonewordraider

oct 23 sd at nyj
    oct 31 sd at kc
    nov 06 gb at sd
    nov 10 oak at sd
    nov 20 sd at chi

• DeuceDeuce

We need a Safety to replace Giordano.

An OLB that can cover and rotate in.

• inonewordraider

DeuceDeuce Says:
    October 10th, 2011 at 10:13 am
    We need a Safety to replace Giordano.

An OLB that can cover and rotate in.

___________________
    ricky brown on ir if mcclain woulda sat out after the injury, what then?

• ArmChair GM

Had the privilege and honor to be at the Raiders facility last night to welcome the team HOME from Houston after the game and pay tribute to our leader, the great Al Davis!

Got to Hi 5 and shake hands with Richard Seymour, Jason Campbell, Veldheer, Wisniewski, Willie Brown, Rod Woodson, Jacoby Ford, D Moore, Houston, T Kelly, Louis Murphy, Hue Jackson and Jim Plunkett as they got off the team buses and talked with fans and reporters.

I told Jim Plunkett “We Are Not Worthy!” as he passed me and he looked at me and smiled, trying to be humble,lol.

I’m still geeked right now. I love Al Davis, I love Oakland, and I love The Oakland Raiders.

I apologize in advance for the very poor picture quality. Hopefully some better footage will come out soon.

• DeuceDeuce

inonewordraider Says:
    October 10th, 2011 at 10:15 am
    DeuceDeuce Says:
    October 10th, 2011 at 10:13 am
    We need a Safety to replace Giordano.

An OLB that can cover and rotate in.

___________________
    ricky brown on ir if mcclain woulda sat out after the injury, what then?

—-

I think Blackstock can fill in for McClain.

• aig-raiders

No Mas Diamante Says:
    October 10th, 2011 at 9:51 am
    …to buy my ticket for next weeks game and of course the white swet suit…

——————

What brand is it and where did you find it? I got my Raider patches already.

• Listening to ESPN radio from Houston.

Love listening to these guy cry. lol

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

In the four games he has played this year DHB has 16 receptions for 263 yards and one touchdown.

Crap tree has has only 11 receptions for a paltry 132 yards and no scores.

• realtruraider

Fk Cowher, him and redheaded Boomer on the CBS pregame show, I felt were very disrespectful to Al Davis. I posted what Boomer said a few post back, it may be on youtube are something by now. It was at the very beginning of the show.

I don’t get why people think Cowher would be a good GM, he is not a Raider type of guy IMO, and theres no way after the comments him and Boomer made yesterday the Raiders even consider him. Fk CBS pregame garbage.

• Buckeyeraider

G’morning fellas.

What a rollercoaster ride of emotion this weekend. My condolences to the Davis family. I don’t cry often.. just when I said goodbye to my father for the last time in a hospice room, when he lost his courageous battle with cancer. However, when Hue dropped to his knee, and wept after that game ended, I was sitting in my chair cryng like a baby.

What a fitting tribute to Mr. Davis by that football team yesterday. That was a gutsy performance, on the road against a quality opponent. That Texan team has been a thorn the Raiders side.

They got off to a rough start, but just kept battling and battling and fought their way back into it, and ultimately found a way to Just Win, Baby. They did the old man proud.

As others have already pointed out, some of AD’s most controversial picks played their azzes off for him yesterday. DHB was ballin. I hope he goes on and has a great career. Justifies Al’s faith in him.

Jano looked like a man on a mission yesterday. Those 50+ yarders were right down the middle. Looked like they would’ve been good from 65.

He should be the AFC special team player of the week for the second time already. If he continues at this pace, he should get that overdue pro bowl berth.

He has joined his long time teammate, punter Shane Lechler as the best in the biz at his position, IMO. A lot of people mocked AL for taking a kicker in the 1st rd, but once again Mr. Davis will have the last laugh.
    A lot of critics mocked his draft choices…said the game had passed him by.

I say he left this roster stocked with a lot of talented, exciting young players and a head coach who bleeds Silver and Black, and is the perfect man to carry the torch into the future…and make this proud franchise once again a force to be reckoned with.

RIP Mr. Davis

• 2romes

Yes, the flag on the MCFadden’s run is another bad call. Why the REFs are so quick to call penalities on questionable plays ,but this play would seem not to even be in question, when the Raiders just seem to get rolling seems to be a pattern.

DHB is getting separation because defenders are cautious to play him to close to the line. Like I mentioned before, the Raiders need to keep throwing passes in front of him and he needs to continue to come back to the ball and good things will happen after he catches it. Boy, he was intense yesterday.

Can say enough about Schilens. Schilens the all utility vehicle that the Raiders can count on.

MCClain played with a chip on his shoulders this game. I saw him plowing into offenders making extra efforts trying to get to the ball every play and playing while hurt. We seen the resolve he had yesterday, the will, the fight he displayed. If combines the physical attributes with an increase in learning the schemes of defense watch out!!
    Props to the whole defensive line!!! Kelly, you backed up all the smack you were talking. If you can back it up, keep talking!!

I know there will be a time for a naked bootleg for Campbell to loosen the running game up. Campbell just needs to know get rid of ball quickly or get down after he gets the yards he need to get. I did like Hue Jackson decision to keep MCFadden in the game as much as he did because Run DMC can change the game anytime he touches the ball.

I did not see much plays with the receivers coming out underneath the offense of line like the Raiders did in the past. With the receivers we have there is always a big potential with those plays.

Thanks Hue Jackson for keeping AL Davis vision alive!!! Your leadership is second to none.
    love me some Raiders!!!!!!!

• ArmChair GM Says:
    October 10th, 2011 at 10:15 am

……

freakin awesome brother!!! I know you were jacked up.

So proud of the fans for supporting these guys and sharing your love with them. I know they will feed off these feelings in the coming weeks.

I am also so proud of how this team has responded to everything this season.

After losing the Bills game, I never would have guessed the Raiders would win 2 out of 3 against the Jets, Pats, and Texans.

People are actually talking Raiders in the playoffs after years of misery.

Win it for Al!

• Method To My Madness Says:
    October 10th, 2011 at 9:03 am
    363.Albert Bigelow Paine Says:
    October 10th, 2011 at 9:00 am
    DHB hate should be over now. It looks like all criticism is going to be heaped on Rolando and JC now.

****************

FK you MR
    ————-
    I’m not MR. What happened to the crying sensitive Brien we saw a glimpse of this weekend. I had some respect for you after your excellent write up about Al. I guess your back to being an ass clown again.

• Method To My Madness

514.Albert Bigelow Paine Says:
    October 10th, 2011 at 10:22 am
    Method To My Madness Says:
    October 10th, 2011 at 9:03 am
    363.Albert Bigelow Paine Says:
    October 10th, 2011 at 9:00 am

****************

FK you MR
    ————-

*******************************

BS you are MR and the whole blog knows it

• inonewordraider

Fk Cowher
    ___________________-
    what’d he say? either way I agree don’t see Cowher is a Steeler not a Raider totally different philosophy. Has to be someone that will stay true to Raider philosophy likely someone he mentored ala Parcells

• Method To My Madness

“we can win…..ad we will win”- Al Davis

• ArmChair GM

New post fellas…

• hwnrdr

Awesome ArmChair GM…It must have been an emotional arrival for the team and the fans! Can’t wait for Sunday!

• Banned, link?

I wanna hear them cry too!!

• LA to TheBay

511 and 512

good posts.

+1.

• Armchair, that’s an awesome video: