Bill Soliday on Al Davis

With all that has been written about Al Davis the last few days, maybe you missed this one.

Here’s a link to a remembrance on Patch.com by Bill Soliday, who dealt with Davis dating back to 1965 starting with the Fremont News-Register through the Hayward Daily Review through the Oakland Tribune/Bay Area News Group etc., etc. etc.

A terrific story, and if you’re ever lucky enough to run into Bill, it only scratches the surface of what he knows about the Raiders.

A unique totally local perspective. Check it out.

Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer

• hwnrdr

299.SilverNBlackPA Says:
    October 11th, 2011 at 6:25 am
    How desperate for receivers is St. Louis? They just signed White Webster yesterday!

I know, I seen that! They are desparate…I think they lost 2 of them for the year, right?

• DIRT-LOT FOOTBALL

SnB,WAIT ‘TILL HE FALLS DOWN A COUPLE OF TIMES UNTOUCHED BY HUMAN HANDS.

• What’s the church got against Al?

• raiderfankirk

If those idiots really show up to protest Al then a lot of people are going to jail …and the hospital.

• SilverNBlackPA

DIRT-LOT FOOTBALL Says:
    October 11th, 2011 at 6:29 am
    SnB,WAIT ‘TILL HE FALLS DOWN A COUPLE OF TIMES UNTOUCHED BY HUMAN HANDS.

++++++++++

Or fair catches inside the 10 yard line 15 times in a row

Or takes a kick from 7 yards deep in the endzone out and gets creamed at the 10.

Hwnrdr: yes they did. They’re frantically digging through the scrap heap, clearly

• SilverNBlackPA

raiderfankirk Says:
    October 11th, 2011 at 6:32 am

+++++++++++++

That’s what I’m hoping for. These guys have no idea what they are stepping into.

• DIRT-LOT FOOTBALL

YES HWNRDR,BACK 2 A-LOT THIS WEEK.BE A SHORT HIKE ACCROSS THE DRIVEWAY 2 D-LOT.WILL CALL U WHEN WE GET IN AND SETTLED.WILL PROBABLY ANOTHER CLUSTER)*#$*(%@ GETTING IN THIS WEEK..

***

LOL!

I’m sure Sam Bradford is pi$$ed, like “what the BLEEP am I supposed to do with this?”

later gents – work to do

• hwnrdr

81.JB Says:
    October 10th, 2011 at 11:26 pm
    REPOST
    ******
    If you are a Raider season ticket holder, please check your e-mail for a very special message from the Raiders. DO NOT WAIT. DO IT NOW! you will be pleasantly surprised. It will be a time sensitive message so DO NOT DELAY CHECKING.

Hey JB, I didn’t get anything yet. When was it supposed to come in?

• DIRT-LOT FOOTBALL

CAME LAST NIGHT HWNDR..TICKET OFFER.

• hwnrdr

307.DIRT-LOT FOOTBALL Says:
    October 11th, 2011 at 6:34 am

I agree, but sounds good! See you Sunday!

• hwnrdr

308.RaiderRockstar Says:
    October 11th, 2011 at 6:35 am

***

LOL!

Darn you Rockstar…good thing I didn’t have my coffee yet! I started to crack up when I saw that…

• Is it the skulls? The face paint? They think Al was into pagan idolaty?

• hwnrdr

311.DIRT-LOT FOOTBALL Says:
    October 11th, 2011 at 6:39 am
    CAME LAST NIGHT HWNDR..TICKET OFFER.

I still didn’t get it…hmmm…

• hwnrdr

Good Afternoon Neil! I don’t know, but like PA says, they are in for a bit of a surprise if they go on with this!

• Morning Hwnrdr…

Sounds like they want some publicity.

• DIRT-LOT FOOTBALL

JUST FOWARDED IT 2 U HWNRDR..

• hwnrdr

318.DIRT-LOT FOOTBALL Says:
    October 11th, 2011 at 6:44 am
    JUST FOWARDED IT 2 U HWNRDR..

Thanks Dirt Lot, I got it…but I didn’t get mine though. Interesting…

• hwnrdr

I’ll call the ticket office today. That is a darn good deal!

• Time to take the dogs out.

Have a great Tuesday everyone.

• morilla

I would expect the Hells Angels to be at the funeral to block off those religious baffoons. If they do show up, it could get really ugly.

• DIRT-LOT FOOTBALL

JUST LET THE DAMN THINGS OUT NEILB..OH !!! THATS BEEN DONE ALREADY, SORRY

• SilverNBlackPA

morilla Says:
    October 11th, 2011 at 6:54 am

++++++++++

Hahaha, funny you mention Hell’s Angels; I mentioned it to a friend and he said “They’ll basically be walking into Altamont.”

• SilverNBlackPA

neilb Says:
    October 11th, 2011 at 6:53 am
    Time to take the dogs out.

Have a great Tuesday everyone.

+++++++++

So it was you who let the dogs out!

Brought to you by the Department of 10 Year Old Jokes

• morilla

SilverNBlackPA Says:
    October 11th, 2011 at 7:09 am
    morilla Says:
    October 11th, 2011 at 6:54 am

++++++++++

——————–

Yup, this would be a lot different than all the others they have shown up to.

• LA to TheBay

Tebow named Broncos starting QB.

• CanuckRaider

Shamwow signed by Rams. Going away party at the Suds N’ Shine car wash today. Suds N’ Shine owner says Shamwow will be greatly missed, even after that incident where he dropped his shammy into the tracks and messed the machinery up.

• LA to TheBay

Good morning, Nation.

• SilverNBlackPA

LA to TheBay Says:
    October 11th, 2011 at 7:31 am
    Tebow named Broncos starting QB.

++++++++

hhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaha

On the downside, this probably moves them to the forefront of the Andrew Luck sweepstakes. Gotta hope the Colts and Dolphins keep losing so the Donks won’t pick any higher than 3rd!

• HueKnows

LA To TheBay Says:
    October 11th, 2011 at 7:31 am
    Tebow named Broncos starting QB.
    *****************************************
    8 in the box problem solved

• Kirk

I’d take Tebow or Pryor over Campbell any day.

• CanuckRaider

What’s this sh#t about someone planning to protest at Al’s funeral? Is it those hypocritical whack-jobs from Westbunghole Baptist Church? Turn out in force Bay Area Nation and lay the wood to them at the first sign of nonsense.

• SilverNBlackPA

HueKnows Says:
    October 11th, 2011 at 7:39 am
    LA To TheBay Says:
    October 11th, 2011 at 7:31 am
    Tebow named Broncos starting QB.
    *****************************************
    8 in the box problem solved

++++++

Yup. Take away that QB draw up the middle that he scored with against us last year and the Chargers last week and he’s hosed.

• LA to TheBay

Wait, why is Al’s funeral being boycotted?

• HueKnows

Kirk Says:
    October 11th, 2011 at 7:40 am
    I’d take Tebow or Pryor over Campbell any day.
    *********************************************
    Maybe next year or the year after but certainly not this year.

• SilverNBlackPA

Kirk Says:
    October 11th, 2011 at 7:40 am
    I’d take Tebow or Pryor over Campbell any day.

+++++++++++++++++

Glad you’re not in charge of personnel.

I like Pryor’s chances of being a talented NFL QB better than most, but he’s nowhere close to ready yet.

If a QB with Tebow’s skillset but without the media hype coming out of college entered the draft, he’d be taken in the 5th round and coverted to a new position.

• LA to TheBay

We played Orton pretty well. Tebow burned us early last year but became one dimensional. Wouldn’t completely write him off though.

• CanuckRaider

As a QB Tebow makes a good TE.

• Seymour leading the league in ass9 meltdowns as well.
    __________

# hwnrdr Says:
    October 10th, 2011 at 10:33 pm

So, Richard Seymour is tied for 3rd in the NFL with 5 sacks and McFaddden is the leading rusher with 519 yards on 91 carries with 3 rushing touchdowns! Go Raiders!

• SilverNBlackPA

LA to TheBay Says:
    October 11th, 2011 at 7:42 am

+++++++++++++

I won’t write him off completely because he does have an insane work ethic and if anyone can overcome the odds he faces to be a franchise QB, it’s someone like that.

• LA to TheBay

MistaBrown Says:
    October 11th, 2011 at 7:43 am
    Seymour leading the league in ass9 meltdowns as well.

——–

#2 behind Tony Romo.

• CanuckRaider

We should be able to get our running game going again against Cleveland. Having said that, opposing defenses will be loading the box against us so we have to get more consistent in the passing game.

• Raiderbuck

You guys also have to remember it was raining like crazy in Denver – Why throw the ball in the heavy rain when DMAC was tearing it up? The Doncos tried and look what happened?

• Fk Romo I couldn’t care less what Dallas is doing.

• GG

Put me on the “likes” Tebow side of the room. He has issues with his technique, mechanism and reads, but he is a born leader and a spark, whenever he is on the field. He will get a team wins, like Dalton and Newton will. But I think Elway will still draft his own franchise QB next year, and all of Orton, Tebow, and Quinn will get released/traded.

In the same vein, I am also very high on Pryor. He is cut from the same cloth as Tebow, Newton, Dalton. Accustomed to winning, they want to keep winning, and they work hard behind the scenes. Pryor might take a year behind Campbell, might not hit the ground running like Newton did, but he’s got more upside than Campbell. To win, you need QBs who take it on their shoulders, who take risks in a game, because to win you really have to PUSH, cant toe a safe conservative ‘avoid error’ approach.

As much as we all hate Rivers, for instance, he is a machine in the same sense. Great competitors is what you want pulling the wagon.

• SilverNBlackPA

GG Says:
    October 11th, 2011 at 7:55 am

++++++++++++

This schit drives me up a wall. Replace “Tebow” with “Gradkowski” and you wouldn’t have a change a thing. What is it that makes everyone go ga-ga over Tebow then? Because he’s a tough runner?

• HueKnows

I’d only like Tebow if he was a Raider but since he’s not f him.

• GG

Gradkowski can’t stay healthy, limited arm, doesn’t offer the running ability, not as decorated a man as Tebow in the sense of leadership, winning pedigree.

When Russell was still starter I was among the few who believed in Gradkowski as a better option, because he was more able than Russell who was clearly on his downward spiral. But Gradkowski’s ceiling is limited.

Tebow…he might not become a franchise QB anywhere, there’s that risk, because he’d need a HC/GM/Owner who believe in him, are patient to persevere thru his learning curves. So it’s a matter of whether Elway/Fox end up believing in him beyond this year or not, and if they don’t, not sure who else out there might (maybe Gruden as a HC for a new team). He’s not going to be a good-looking pocket QB, flashing talent there like Brady, but someone more like a Bernie Kosar but with tough running ability too.

• Just Fire Baby

Anyone who thinks Kyle Orton brings more to the table than Tim Tebow isn’t paying attention.

Orton bores his offense, his fans and even his own team.

Tebow invigorates all 3, and thankfully Fox was too stupid to realize this and didn’t bring in Tebow the second-half of the MN opener.