Palmer makes Raiders debut at practice

By Steve Corkran
Wednesday, October 19th, 2011 at 11:32 am in Oakland Raiders.

Recently acquired quarterback Carson Palmer is on the field with the rest of his new teammates, alternating snaps with Kyle Boller with the first-team offense.
It remains to be seen whether coach Hue Jackson will start Palmer on Sunday against the Kansas City Chiefs. He told the Kansas City Star in a conference call that he isn’t sure Palmer will be ready to go so soon.
Jackson added that, it would be tough for Palmer to get up to speed in only three practices but, “If anyone can do it, he can.”
Palmer went through the paces, along with Kyle Boller and Terrelle Pryor, throwing short to intermediate passes to receivers, working on his dropbacks and footwork before taking part in full-team drills.

The Raiders are without cornerbacks Chris Johnson (hamstring) and Chimdi Chekwa (hamstring, calf), fullback Marcel Reece (ankle) and running back Rock Cartwright (undisclosed) today at practice. None played against the Cleveland Browns last Sunday.

Tight end Richard Gordon (hand), center Samson Satele (knee), wide receiver Louis Murphy (groin, hamstring) and the other players injured of late are at practice.

The Raiders signed offensive lineman Zach Hurd, 6-feet-7 and 325 pounds, to their practice squad. He is at practice and wearing No. 70. He started 39 games at right guard at Connecticut. He also spent some time with the Seattle Seahawks in training camp.

Follow me on Twitter: @corkonthenfl

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

# LA to TheBay Says:
    October 19th, 2011 at 2:10 pm

Sullivan44 Says:
    October 19th, 2011 at 2:08 pm
    Well, Mistic’s a fan of this team, isn’t he? Surely he would want a jersey of our starting QB. We know he accused people of not being fans if they weren’t 100% behind Jason.

——

Well, yeah but Palmer’s a white boy.
    =================

what the hell?!?!?!/

Im a grown man bra, I would never put another mans name on my back. i stopped wearing jerseys in junior high, around the same time i put down the g.i.joe and transformers.

But yes I am a raider fan to the heart

• Raiders_83

Holy Schit…
    Thanks HuJax

@CasserlyCBSCharley Casserly

Oak worked out QB’s Frye, Bouman and Clemons

19 minutes ago

• J Hill

Tommy Kelly on Carson Palmer trade: “Man, I thought we was gonna get Garrard so you can’t be nothing but happy.”

——————————————————

Too funny.

• RaiderLen

I see all is right with the “world” in here.

What a freaking dis functional group we are. LOL

Palmer WILL start this Sunday.

And He should.

Hit the ground running, get in Football shape, and get the timing down at game speed.

• LA to TheBay

Mistic, I was just messing with you, man.

• LA to TheBay

Len,

LOL. Like a weird, semi-anonymous family.

• Silverandblack666

Mistic1 you are going to have to trust Hue on this he has known Palmer since High school he would not make this move unless he was sure it would help the team.

• raidertay

“I threw with him before last season and he was OK, but he wasn’t zipping it like he used to. I thought he was hurt,” Houshmandzadeh said. “This year, oh man, it’s about as good as I’ve ever seen him. He’s healthy. He’s throwing it like the Carson of old.”

• RaiderLen

LA To TheBay Says:
    October 19th, 2011 at 2:45 pm
    Len,

LOL. Like a weird, semi-anonymous family.
    —————————–
    Man it’s true.

I LOL daily as I read thru this stuff.

@@#$ is priceless.

• DonManoukiansNeighbor

Why do I feel like every player is talking to Hue now when I read this stuff. It’s like they are saying Hue…can you hear me..
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Chicago Bears linebacker Lance Briggs said players and management are not seeing eye to eye on many issues, and that the contractual disputes involving a couple of players are taking focus away from performing on the field.
    “ I think it takes away from wanting to just go out on the field and just play.
    ” — Lance Briggs
    Briggs had requested a new deal or a trade during the preseason. Matt Forte also wants a new deal, and Chris Harris recently requested a trade after being benched during Sunday night’s win over the Minnesota Vikings.
    “I don’t necessarily know about where we are right now,” Briggs said on Comcast SportsNet Chicago. “In the past, things have just worked themselves out.
    “I think there’s a big transition going on right now in Chicago . . . I don’t know where it’s going to go and how it’s going to pan out. For a guy, especially for a guy like Matt Forte, who is well deserved of a new deal, I’d like to see that happen for him and for everybody, but it’s not going to happen for everyone.

• inonewordraider

VittorioTafur Vittorio Tafur
    J. Ford on chemistry: “Don’t think it takes very long. Myself & DHB, we worked with (Palmer after practice) on routes (to) get timing down.”

• Twocents

Tommy Kelly is baring his soul, which I prefer to his previous baring.

• Seymour Bush

Raiders_83 Says:
    October 19th, 2011 at 2:38 pm

Steve…why are we doing your job!!!
    =======================================

Corkran has a job? When did that happen?

• RaiderLen

————————
    Hue appears to have some serious mojo.

Palmer was un attainable, and yet Hue dials up the owner and wala…Quarterback.

Love it

• ohioraider

I want to see Palmer take on the fiery demeanor of Gannon. Calling out teammates for mistakes. Effning taking charge. I loved that.

• Seymour Bush

inonewordraider Says:
    October 19th, 2011 at 2:48 pm

VittorioTafur Vittorio Tafur
    ============================================

That’s all well and good, but then there’s Hagan, and Murphy, and Boss and Shilens and Dmac and Bush and….

• RaiderLen

Twocents Says:
    October 19th, 2011 at 2:49 pm
    Tommy Kelly is baring his soul, which I prefer to his previous baring.
    —————————
    Ha!

Skinny Tommy got refitted, shouldn’t be a problem in the futcha!

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

# Silverandblack666 Says:
    October 19th, 2011 at 2:45 pm

================

I am on board. I do trust Hu jack.

If Jc had stayed healthy he would still be here but he got hurt, it isnt the first time a guy lost his job to injury. There is no loyalty in sports, all athletes know this going in.

Hu jack is a very good evaluator of talent, so not only did he fill our void, post injury but he has the guy he wants for his offense, there bye putting his stamp on the team.

Im just a fan HU knows better than i do, even if i disagree, or think we could have gone another way. i didnt always agree with davis either, but I love when my team wins.

• L.A. Raider Dave

Seymour Bush…..Let him use the extra time to get a rythem with our 1 & 2, then worry about the rest of the cast during practices or during the bye. Calm down big fella!

• Twocents

Where is the Super Bowl this year? Anybody….

• raidertay

Isnt the Superowl in IND?

• raidertay
  • LA to TheBay

Plus, he was apparently vetted pretty well by a conditioning guy that consults for the Raiders.

Last thing we need is a Javon Walker type scenario. And this would be worse considering its not just money but two #1s.

• KRAWFDADD

WHO GIVES A DAMM WHO’S PALMERS FAVORITE RECIEVER,JUST TAKE A PAGE OUTTA TOM BRADY’S BOOK.FAVORITE TARGET=OPEN RECIEVER/BACK/END………PERIYODD

• qodrn

THE RAIDER PREDICTION BOARD
    Dedicated to the legacy of Al Davis
    Protected by the rally squirrel and Coliseum rodents

First: Ghostraider (exact score)
    Second: Sullivan44
    Third: Pretty Rick
    Fourth: Sullivan44
    Fifth: Fingers
    Sixth: Zymurge Raiders 23, Browns 17
    Honorable Mention: LA for PAIN

antispy3 Raiders 23 Chefs 13
    Blackmamba_20 Raiders 34 Cheifs 16
    Chris in NY Raiders 31-10
    crazy_eyepatch OctobOak – 34 KC – 17 GO RAIDERS!
    exlaraiderseasonticketholder 34-10 Raiders.
    fingers Raiders 27…Chefs 17 Long live Raider Nation!
    HueKnows Raiders 42-28
    J Hill Raiders 27 Chiefs 13
    L.A. Raider Dave Oak 31 KC 14.
    mcfadden20 Raiders 31-9 over stupid chiefs
    Method To My Madness Raiders 24 Chiefs 21
    Pretty Rick Raiders-27 Chiefs-13
    RaiderRockstar Says:
    October 19th, 2011 at 1:10 pm
    Palmer? Raiders 35 Chiefs 3 Boller? Oakland 13 KC 10
    Raiders_83 Raiders 41 Squaws 13
    raidermarty RAIDERS 24 chiefs 13 CODE BLACK!!!
    The Realist Dirty Raccoon Al Davis Raiders- 31
    kc queefs- 13
    RedneckRaider 34-13
    rob_raider raiders 34 chiefs 13
    Ryan If Palmer starts: Raiders 34 Chiefs 10
    If Boller starts: Raiders 24 Chiefs 20
    SilverAndBlackBleeder Raiders 37 Chiefs 17
    SilverNBlackPA Raider 27 – Chiefs 16
    Sullivan44 Raiders 31, Chiefs 24
    StraitOutofComptonRaidr Raiders 24 Chiefs 10
    Tjbwall Raiders 38 Cheifs 13
    Try Some Reality Raiders 27 Chiefs 16
    Whats a Drexl? Raiders 24 Chiefs 21

• fingers

McFadden will wreck the Chefs Sunday……

Raiders 27…. Chefs 17

Long live Raider Nation…

• Pingback: terry cloth robe

• Pingback: alienware m15 x

• Pingback: afghan kush

• Pingback: ugg boots clearance| ugg clearance| ugg boots uk| uk ugg outlet| UGG Classic Tall Boots|UGG Bailey Button Boots|UGG Kensington Boots|UGG Seline Boots

• Pingback: foot fracture

• Pingback: uggs sparkles

• Pingback: airjordan online|discount airjordan|air jordan store

• Pingback: Filmes