McClain, Chekwa, Johnson, Cartwright not practicing

The Raiders are relatively healthy for it being six games into the season. Even so, they still are without a handful of players as they near their game against the Kansas City Chiefs on Sunday.
Middle linebacker Rolando McClain (ankle), fullback Marcel Reece (ankle), cornerbacks Chris Johnson (hamstring) and Chimdi Chekwa (hamstring) and running back Rock Cartwright (knee) aren’t practicing today.
Chekwa and Reece are working with trainers on an adjacent field, going through agility drills and testing out their injured parts. At this point, it’s a stretch to envision either of them playing Sunday.
Given the Raiders have a bye after the Chiefs game, it makes perfect sense to give them two more weeks to recover and get back into football shape and then turn them loose for the final nine games.

Quarterback Carson Palmer was spotted throwing sideline passes to tight end Kevin Boss in the first portion of practice, as offensive coordinator Al Saunders looked on and dished out pointers.
Suffice, Palmer’s arm strength is just fine. His passes arrive in a hurry, in a tight spiral. So, cross off arm strength from your list of possible concerns.

The Raiders have not announced whether Sunday’s game is sold out. The deadline is 1:05 p.m. today. The Raiders have sold out all three of their regular-season home games this season.

The Raiders are in the midst of an eight-game winning streak against AFC West opponents. That is the longest such active streak of any team in the league.
Coincidentally, the Chiefs were the last AFC West team to beat the Raiders, and it came in Oakland on Nov. 15, 2009.

Follow me on Twitter: @corkonthenfl

Steve Corkran

• PurpleDrank81

I took sunday off. I’ll be at the game. Taking Bart from Richmond to the TOWN

• aig-raiders

I thinks its Hayward that has 2 Midgets strippers
    —————
    wow. Memphis had a 1 legged stripper.

• http://www.AmyTraskshouldbeonmountrushmore.com Whats a Drexl?

hwnrdr Says:
    October 20th, 2011 at 1:58 pm

B@auce…8-8:30 again this Sunday! Should have everyone that was missing from the last game back!
    =================
    Now I know why that Remmy bottle B was carrying around was down to a quarter full by 10:30!!

• L.A. Raider Dave

@LA to the Bay, oh its cool. I dont need a list of backers. I really dont care if people support my opinions or not. I’m still gonna have them regardless.

• hwnrdr

PurpleDrank…see ya there!

• J Hill

I wish I would give a beeiotch $ to tease me.

I’d be so bounced up out of a strip club real quick for trying to ram my **** in one of those broads mouth.

I’ll pass!

• hwnrdr

353.Whats a Drexl? Says:
    October 20th, 2011 at 2:01 pm
    hwnrdr Says:
    October 20th, 2011 at 1:58 pm

=================

LOL…that wasn’t me…B showed up about that time!

• http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Davis The Realist Dirty Raccoon

Morilla Says:
    October 20th, 2011 at 1:49 pm
    I’m kicking myself now for switching going to the Chiefs game to the Bears.

:::::::::::

Yeah. Why did I do that?

• J Hill

——————————————————

That’s So Cal for ya!

• hwnrdr

Actually DMAC was swiniging that bottle hard…

• aig-raiders

I wish I would give a beeiotch $ to tease me.
    ————————
    backpage or ashleymadison

• aig-raiders

————-
    agreed.

• hwnrdr

AIG…you coming back to a game this year?

• L.A. Raider Dave

Okay, does anyone remember seeing the androgynous looking raider fan at the Texans game. Fool had like diamond studded mask over his eyes. Black lipstick, and a raven on his shoulder?

• aig-raiders

Hwnrdr,

Will try my friend. But I’m not really a stadium guy. I prefer to watch it in the comfort of a bar surrounded by Raider fans. Too many things going on at the stadium and I have a hard time following everyone. That game against Denver last year was brutal from the cold/rain. It’s a shame we couldnt meet up. I will go to Rickey’s this year to watch a game and prob pay respect to AD as well. I was really mad at him this year but his death kinda made that anger go away.

• The Judge

I need to stop watching these Baby Huey pressers. He is too smarmy for me.

• http://InsidetheOaklandRaiders Goldie7

Sup JLofty? How have ya been? Peace to ya.

• realtruraider

364.L.A. Raider Dave Says:
    October 20th, 2011 at 2:07 pm
    =============================
    I saw a pink version of Gorilla Rilla. I think those btch as texan fans were trying to mock the Nation

• LA to TheBay

L.A. Raider Dave Says:
    October 20th, 2011 at 2:01 pm

———

gangsta

• hwnrdr

AIG…cool! Well, check back laters!

• LA to TheBay

So RRS said he saw that JC was IR’d.

Truth or fiction?

• L.A. Raider Dave

I dont know. They showed that weird looking fan all dressed up and it seemed like now they show the stupidest looking fans to embarrass us. The whole costume thing has gotten outta hand.

• LA to TheBay

The Judge Says:
    October 20th, 2011 at 2:11 pm
    I need to stop watching these Baby Huey pressers. He is too smarmy for me.

———-

Especially since he became

Don Hue Corleone-Jackson, de facto GM.

I kinda dig it, but he gotta watch that he don’t get too high on hisself.

• LA to TheBay

L.A. Raider Dave Says:
    October 20th, 2011 at 2:16 pm

——-

TV producer sees Oakland playing well on the road, asks camera guy to find a Raider Nation fan playing dress up and there you go.

I saw that dude and my girl was like “wow, they look a lot different in California.”

I said, yeah this guy musta been from TX, cause dang.

• kellygreenninja

new post.

• http://Raiders4Ever.com 860Todd Christensen

JC was IR’d!

• L.A. Raider Dave

@LA to the Bay – I know, but pick out a guy in a MacFadden jersey or something. Not the guy that looks like he’s out Rocky Picture Horror Show!

• luvmarvhub

AIG said,

“Socialism?????
    The NFL is a socialist organization. When you have a salary cap and draft, that’s socialism at its best right there. If it was freemarket, then the Cowgirls and Skins would have the freedom to pay”
    *****************************************************

When they sign on the dotted line, players have willingly sold their services to not only a team, but also to a league, a league that has established its membership, a membership made up of teams that are privately or publicly owned (Green Bay).

Players sign privately negotiated contracts. Should they not like the terms under which they work nor the rules that have been established by the league to encourage that teams from smaller markets can compete with teams from larger markets, they aren’t indentured. They can wait a term that has been contractually agreed upon by their representative (the union), and then bolt, or they can negotiate a new contract when the old expires, or they can try to re-negotiate a contract. Liking none of this, they can leave the league altogether, finding a new line of work. NOthing says that they can’t found a new league with new teams; nothing says they can’t play on the new teams in that league; nothing says that they can’t become owners of those teams. The sky is the limit for bright, ambitious, creative, willing-to-take-risk people.

• luvmarvhub

Oh, and one more thing…should they wish, individual players, not liking their representation, can get rid of their agent or the players, collectively, can get rid of their union.

• soldier32mp

Is this a surprise to anyone? Injuries have always plaqued the Raiders and its not from any one making some super extreme play Take Chris Johnson will use him because in my opinion he’s not worth a fraction of what there paying him anyways This guy got torched on the first 2 games it wasnt even funny I went on his tweeter page and there were some nasty tweets for him.He’s been out all but 2 games I say resturcture his contract and get him outta here its already been proven the team can win without him, plus his grabbing and pulling isnt needed oh just because he buddy Matt Girodano can join him.. this guy is picking up right where Johnson left off Small, undersized and really isnt stopping anything he gets blown out every game also…

• soldier32mp

If the Raiders had better DB’s it would force them to run shorter routes and get them to run. but teams know that our DB’s are undersized and really don’t have any skillz the one person that did is gone to a team with a loseing record (Nnamdi)when he was with the Raidas he did cut the field in half

• qodrn

THE RAIDER PREDICTION BOARD
    Dedicated to the legacy of Al Davis
    Protected by the rally squirrel and Coliseum rodents

First: Ghostraider (exact score)
    Second: Sullivan44
    Third: Pretty Rick
    Fourth: Sullivan44
    Fifth: Fingers
    Sixth: Zymurge Raiders 23, Browns 17
    Honorable Mention: LA for PAIN

909RaiderLifer RAIDERS—30 QUEEFS—17
    antispy3 Raiders 23 Chefs 13
    The Big Banana Raiders 27 Chefs 17
    Big Honkin Balls Oakland 35 KC ass wipes 10
    Blackmamba_20 Raiders 34 Cheifs 16
    CanuckRaider Raiders 27 Chefs 17
    Carl Weathers Raiders 23-20 queefs
    Chris in NY Raiders 31-10
    crazy_eyepatch OctobOak – 34 KC – 17 GO RAIDERS!
    Dakota Raiders 24, Queefs 13
    exlaraiderseasonticketholder 34-10 Raiders.
    fingers Raiders 27…Chefs 17 Long live Raider Nation!
    Florio’s pick: Raiders 27, Chiefs 23.
    ghostraiders Raiders 20 chiefs 14…
    HueKnows Raiders 42-28
    J Hill Raiders 27 Chiefs 13
    L.A. Raider Dave Oak 31 KC 14.
    Lowdown_in_Beijing Raiders 26 Chefs 0
    mcfadden20 Raiders 31-9 over stupid chiefs
    Method To My Madness Raiders 24 Chiefs 21
    neilb Raiders 30 Chiefs 10.
    No Mas Diamante Raiders 44 – queefs 17
    o oakland 45 kc 10
    Pretty Rick Raiders-27 Chiefs-13
    r8eray 24-17 Raiders
    raiderjhawk RAIDERS 38 – squaws 6
    RaiderRockstar Palmer? Raiders 35 Chiefs 3
    Boller? Oakland 13 KC 10
    Raiders_83 Raiders 41 Squaws 13
    raidermarty RAIDERS 24 chiefs 13 CODE BLACK!!!
    The Realist Dirty Raccoon Al Davis Raiders- 31
    kc queefs- 13
    RedneckRaider 34-13
    rob_raider raiders 34 chiefs 13
    Ryan If Palmer starts: Raiders 34 Chiefs 10
    If Boller starts: Raiders 24 Chiefs 20
    Rosenthal’s pick: Raiders 26, Chiefs 20.
    SilverAndBlackBleeder Raiders 37 Chiefs 17