McClain, Chekwa, Johnson, Cartwright not practicing

By Steve Corkran
Thursday, October 20th, 2011 at 10:54 am in Oakland Raiders.

The Raiders are relatively healthy for it being six games into the season. Even so, they still are without a handful of players as they near their game against the Kansas City Chiefs on Sunday.
Middle linebacker Rolando McClain (ankle), fullback Marcel Reece (ankle), cornerbacks Chris Johnson (hamstring) and Chimdi Chekwa (hamstring) and running back Rock Cartwright (knee) aren’t practicing today.
Chekwa and Reece are working with trainers on an adjacent field, going through agility drills and testing out their injured parts. At this point, it’s a stretch to envision either of them playing Sunday.
Given the Raiders have a bye after the Chiefs game, it makes perfect sense to give them two more weeks to recover and get back into football shape and then turn them loose for the final nine games.

Quarterback Carson Palmer was spotted throwing sideline passes to tight end Kevin Boss in the first portion of practice, as offensive coordinator Al Saunders looked on and dished out pointers.
Suffice, Palmer’s arm strength is just fine. His passes arrive in a hurry, in a tight spiral. So, cross off arm strength from your list of possible concerns.

The Raiders have not announced whether Sunday’s game is sold out. The deadline is 1:05 p.m. today. The Raiders have sold out all three of their regular-season home games this season.

The Raiders are in the midst of an eight-game winning streak against AFC West opponents. That is the longest such active streak of any team in the league.
Coincidentally, the Chiefs were the last AFC West team to beat the Raiders, and it came in Oakland on Nov. 15, 2009.

Follow me on Twitter: @corkonthenfl

• http://www.AmyTraskshouldbeonmountrushmore.com Whats a Drexl?

hwnrdr Says:

28.
    29.

• BabySlash

Luvmarvhub Says:
    October 20th, 2011 at 12:31 pm
    La Malicia Negra said,
    “Wow, here is some numbers to the worshipers of the republican media pundits..

Denmark is the top5 country in the world to make business. In the Top15, FIVE nordic countries are represented… Not bad for the such socalled socia1ist…”

1.) Lay off the idiotic attempt to convert anyone on this blog to your political position. You have just shown your pinheadedness by attempting to compare apples to oranges or better yet, veggies to meat. Denmark is about the size of Wisconsin, compared to this country’s 310+ million and it has the diversity of a place akin to Alberta. This lack of diversity allows the evolutionarily fit practice of taking care of those like one’s self (the extended family, the same ethnic tribe,those with common genetic roots, those with a shared language and culture, in other words, those who are the “same,” those who share common beliefs and values)to be used to help out others, a practice that breaks down and is not supported by the masses when their roots are not shared and when there is too much variety in genetic,cultural, ethnic, and language backgrounds.

2) Denmark bothers to develop and export energy, something you pinheads won’t allow us to do, an economic practice which contributes to its economic base.

Further, it allows employers to fire people who can’t do the job, which is why unemployment compensation is common. Unions exist but aren’t powerful–in fact are disappearing. Can’t do the job? Bye, bye. However, because most Danes, like most Northern Euros have an IQ above average, they can be retrained, unlike many of our own citizens and many of our non-citiznes whose IQs are 1.5 to two standard deviations below the norm and who continue to have babies at a higher rater than those with average and above average intelligence. (Yes, it IS about intelligence, BABY!)

It always amazes me that there are some on a football blog who whine and complain when their team sucks. They want the coach and his staff fired; they want this player or that sent packing when he doesn’t do the job; they want the owner to sell if he can’t or won’t spend the money to get a good team. You know what? That’s the way it ought to be. If a coach can’t do the trick, get rid of him. If a player can’t, do the same. If an owner sucks, boycott him and don’t give him your money. It’s about competition; it’s about competition leading to excellence and about mediocrity and flat-out incompetence. It’s about creating a culture in which people understand that unless they produce, they will be sent packing.

Yet the same people on this blog who understand competition and the free market in football and how it leads to excellence (yes, Belichek applies those priniples to his team, and Hue is attempting to do it here–produce or be replaced by someone who can do the job) are the same pinheads like you who don’t understand it on a larger scale.

You want to compare Denmark to a nation our size with all the differences between the two? That’s like comparing t-ball to major league baseball or like comparing football as played by 7 years old to football as practice as a business by the NFL.

Go read some history and some macro-economics. Go read some history. And for God’s sake, let that be your last damn political commentary, you idiot.
    _______________________

Most intelligent post ever on this blog…:-)

• ghostraiders

I got Methods back all the way…. love his posts.. especially he puts that lil btjch… MR.. Sullivan44… dviick… and whatever other fake name he goes by.. in his place…..I. support method!!…. now If you asked for support for MR… it would be ” crickets”..

• realtruraider

245.LA to TheBay Says:
    October 20th, 2011 at 12:57 pm
    Kyle’s gonna audition for a job next year with a 400 yard game.
    ===================
    If Hue can get that kind of production out of him he deserves Coach Of The Year. I don’t think he has ever thrown for 300 yards

• aig-raiders

What is this a popularity contest? Does B get a prize at the end? Good grief. It’s the effin internet. If you need this for your selfworth, you need to go see a shrink. If I’m not mistaken, only Jerry and Steve get paid doing this. I PROCLAIM B THE KING OF THIS BLOG. Feel better? :)

• http://www.AmyTraskshouldbeonmountrushmore.com Whats a Drexl?

aig-raiders Says:
    October 20th, 2011 at 1:30 pm

================

All hail King B! lmfao!

• ddsman

Method To My Madness Says:
    October 20th, 2011 at 1:01 pm

193.ddsman Says:
    October 20th, 2011 at 12:37 pm
    Anytime I read a “Method To My Madness” comment, it makes me throw up in my own mouth. Seriously, he is like that kid in class that nobody liked so he would just yell out controversial things to get attention. Reading his homie-g slang, grammatical error ridden, unintelligible posts is enough to make me stop looking over the comments all together. Albeit, there is great insight from most of you, its hard to ignore his nonsense.

From us to you…STFU or try to be contributory.

*************************

First off go fk yourself you little fiary ass pansy…dont know who you to come at me…i’ll post what I want to…and whatthe fk are you gonna do about it? Not one fking thing but whine like a btch….you dont like it? Dare you to do something about it. Who gives a fk about grammatical errors…this isnt ENGLISH CLASS…its a fkin Raider blog. As far as great insight I bet I get get at least 30 folks in hre to speak on my behalf as well as the bloggers who have met me at games…..personally attacking me when I dont know who you are shows how much a fking coward and chump you are but…………………

IF YOU GOT ANY PROBLEMS i’ll be there sunday and we can discuss em patna! b auce_2010@yahoo.com…..get at me or shut da fk up you jcat

*************************

LOL I forgot to add: ignorant poser to my list. Nice work DJ DipSh*t

• aig-raiders

Socialism?????

The NFL is a socialist organization. When you have a salary cap and draft, that’s socialism at its best right there. If it was freemarket, then the Cowgirls and Skins would have the freedom to pay for the most expensive players they want without worrying about some cap. When they put in a system to ensure Buffalo gets a fair shake, that’s called socialism.

• bcz24

I got B’s back… whats it for?

• L.A. Raider Dave

Now were making list about who has who’s back in here? What are you people, in high school? effin lame!

• Pingback: Oakland Raiders Links That You’ll Want To See October 20, 2011 « Raiders Central - The Ultimate Oakland Raiders Blog

• aig-raiders

In the real world, Andrew Luck would have his chance at going to whoever he wants. In the NFL, he is required to go to the worst team. Socialism 101 right there gents.

• aig-raiders

L.A. Raider Dave Says:
    October 20th, 2011 at 1:36 pm
    ———————–
    grown men acting like they are at sandlot.

• L.A. Raider Dave

Oh yeah, if your an advocate for socialism, you have no business being a sports fan. In sports, the playing field is even and those that put in work and perform are rewarded!

• Lowdown_in_Beijing

Ghostraider: crickets, tumbleweeds and the sound of firearms being loaded…

LMN: Erlich? Noch einmal mit diesem Scheist?

Even the chinks here gave up on Socialist dellusion in 1978, embraced capitalism, and now rank #2 economically in the world.

You are a smart guy, give it a rest, ok?

I can handle you sad affinity for soccer, but you political mental illness ganz und gar langweilich.

• RaiderLen

———————————-
    Except for that Jamarcus Russell entitlement program.

• http://build-a-bully 909RaiderLifer

CorkOnTheNFL #Raiders official confirms team asked for, received, extension from league in effort to sell out Sunday’s game. This usually nets a sellout.
    19 minutes ago

• ghostraiders

Really Aig.. whata bout john elway… Eli Manning…? You can choose not to play for a team… that’s not the problem. .. the problem comes when You lose millions of dollars if you decide to avoid a team….and besides that.. their is a thing called free agency after a couple of years…. that means you get to pick where you want to play….. Carson Palmer is another Guy that decided to avoid a team that had his rights…. If Luck doesn’t want to play for Miami. .. it could be done!!

• aig-raiders

PGutierrezCSNPaul Gutierrez

The @Raiders “have been pretty vanilla here in the past” on defense. – coach Hue Jackson
    —————————-
    Effin Hue. Dude is showing his swagger. I doubt he would say that if Al was alive. too funny.

• L.A. Raider Dave

Only good thing about being an LA Raider fan is that I have Sunday Ticket and sell outs dont affect me. Thank god! But if I was up there, i’d have season tickets so, no sympathy from this devil!

• PurpleDrank81

I got B’s back

• L.A. Raider Dave

People who advocate socialism want to take corruption out the hands a few sleazeball businessmen and put it in the hands of the entirely corrupt govt. Thats your idea of change?

• aig-raiders

Ghost –

free agency – yes that’s free market.

draft – no that’s socialism. How many times have Eli and Elway happened for the numbers of players drafted? 2 guys out of how many thousands.

Owners – still socialism. When the Cowgirls have to limit themselves to give Buffalo a fair shake, that’s socialism. LMN verify this for me here but in Europe the soccer leagues there have no cap and are free to get whoever they want at whatever price they can. Real Madrid have been getting the best players in the world for their fans without any repercussion. That’s pure freemarket for you.

• hwnrdr

So we got til Friday…yeah usually it sells out!

• TheToozFan55

Think I’ll go watch the Conrad Murray trial…………………….

• morilla

I’m kicking myself now for switching going to the Chiefs game to the Bears.

• hwnrdr

Oh yeah, tomorrow is supposed to be the end again from the guy that is supposedly using scientific evidence!

• http://build-a-bully 909RaiderLifer

PGutierrezCSN The @RAIDERS “have been pretty vanilla here in the past” on defense. – coach Hue Jackson
    21 minutes ago
    “““““““““““““““““““““““““““`
    Hue is letting Chuck B, keep the can of whup ass open…

• JLofty

The B@uce called Big John Hendu pushing the pile around at his whim and whimsey against the Houstains. Called it flat out. I’d a joined you boys for some Remy and trees last weekend but I was too “happy” ie: f’d up to make my way to anywhere but section 319. Was f’d up from the moment we left Truckee to the moment I got back to my call (in Truckee). That is how we roll in the NATION!

PS: AIG I’d drink beer and throw the ball around in the sandlot with many of these people. Sounds like fun. BTW, JLofty can make ALL the throws. Broke my buddy’s finger last Sunday with a tight spiral on the parking lot standing curl route. Poor bastard was the designated driver too. HAS to hurt….

• L.A. Raider Dave

The NFL draft is not socialism. The US military is not socialism. They have tennants of socialism but that does not make it socialism!

• LA to TheBay

1. LA to TheBay
    2. ArmChair GM
    3. Lowdown_in_Beijing
    4. Hwnrdr
    5. Dirt Lot
    6. Drexl
    7. PurpleDrank81
    8. RaiderRockstar
    9. RaiderLen
    10. Goldie7
    11. 909
    12. AIG (proclaimed B King of the Blog)
    13.
    29.
    30.

• PurpleDrank81

CP3 IS THE MAN

• J Hill

——————————————————

I still contend that the NFL, NBA, MLB, etc are “real employers”, not the individual teams.

Luck can choose to play for the NFL, CFL, or UFL.

Taking Microsoft and Apple as and example, there is no National Computer League, if you will, that they both belong to that institutes rules and regulations for them to abide by such as salary caps.

Just my opinion.

• Method To My Madness

305.aig-raiders Says:
    October 20th, 2011 at 1:30 pm

***********************

AIG….lol i wish i was king but Dell and the elders reserve that right…Steve is cool abut jerry hates the Raiders

• http://www.AmyTraskshouldbeonmountrushmore.com Whats a Drexl?

aig-raiders Says:
    October 20th, 2011 at 1:44 pm

PGutierrezCSNPaul Gutierrez

—————————-
    ===================
    You are probably right, seems Hue’s swag grows by the day.

• LA to TheBay

+ bcz24

• JLofty

Comparing socialism to ANYTHING in football is pure idiocy. The NFL is a BUSINESS not a government/geopolitical idea.

• Method To My Madness

307.ddsman Says:
    October 20th, 2011 at 1:34 pm
    Method To My Madness Says:
    October 20th, 2011 at 1:01 pm

193.ddsman Says:
    October 20th, 2011 at 12:37 pm

From us to you…STFU or try to be contributory.

*************************

*************************

LOL I forgot to add: ignorant poser to my list. Nice work DJ DipSh*t

**********************************

DJ dip his dk in bzies….thank you….now go somewehre and play in traffic TSman

• http://www.AmyTraskshouldbeonmountrushmore.com Whats a Drexl?

Method To My Madness Says:
    October 20th, 2011 at 1:52 pm

305.aig-raiders Says:
    October 20th, 2011 at 1:30 pm

***********************

======================
    and don’t forget KK likes to be referred to as a “blog personality”. Better rise up!!

• Method To My Madness

lol but all funny stuff…..carry on….just stopped in….24-21 Raider this sunday

• aig-raiders

—————————————
    I guess boys will be boys. You guys go throw the football. I’m too old for that. I’ll hang with you guys at a strip club any day. BTW, they got the best strip club/quality/price here in Phoenix. $5 & $10 lapdances for Vegas quality strippers. It’s a shame I have to go back to the pink p$$dle in 9 months.

• LA to TheBay

L.A. Raider Dave Says:
    October 20th, 2011 at 1:36 pm

———

Well, Dave, someone called B out (think it was an MR alias), he said he could get 30 people to back him.

As a sort of joke, I put my name on top of a list numbered 1-30. Then other people started adding their names to it.

Not my fault nobody started a list for you, homie.

• Method To My Madness

339.Whats a Drexl? Says:
    October 20th, 2011 at 1:53 pm
    Method To My Madness Says:
    October 20th, 2011 at 1:52 pm

305.aig-raiders Says:
    October 20th, 2011 at 1:30 pm

***********************

======================

********************

Kell likes men….did you see his post directed towards me? Yikes…..now im the one afraid of due and i back down dont wanna meet him ever…he may like the physical contact…HE WINS I LOSE

• Method To My Madness

341.aig-raiders Says:
    October 20th, 2011 at 1:54 pm
    —————————————
    ***************************

LMAO….thats funny

• http://build-a-bully 909RaiderLifer

VittorioTafur Hue: “I laugh at the reports (that Palmer is starting). (Media’s) made decision for me. I appreciate it.”
    about 1 hour ago

• J Hill

——————————————————

Got that right, my friend!

• http://www.AmyTraskshouldbeonmountrushmore.com Whats a Drexl?

dude is retarded, in here talkin about sucking dcks. He should leave that sh!t back at the office.

• PurpleDrank81

Man speaking of strip clubs theres a place in hayward? I thinks its Hayward that has 2 Midgets strippers.. Just found out last week about it…I mean c’mon who doesnt love midgets?

• hwnrdr

B@auce…8-8:30 again this Sunday! Should have everyone that was missing from the last game back!

• http://Raiders4Ever.com 860Todd Christensen

331.LA to TheBay Says:
    October 20th, 2011 at 1:51 pm
    1. LA to TheBay
    2. ArmChair GM
    3. Lowdown_in_Beijing
    4. Hwnrdr
    5. Dirt Lot
    6. Drexl
    7. PurpleDrank81
    8. RaiderRockstar
    9. RaiderLen
    10. Goldie7
    11. 909
    12. AIG (proclaimed B King of the Blog)
    13. 860Todd Christensen