HueJax checks out kickers, no QB yet

By Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer
Friday, October 21st, 2011 at 2:37 pm in Oakland Raiders.

A little behind subbing for Steve . . . more later . .

While there was determination Friday on whether Carson Palmer would start for the Raiders at quarterback against the Kansas City Chiefs, coach Hue Jackson had another dilemma on his hands _ the status of place kicker Sebastian Janikowski.

The Raiders had three kickers in at the close of practice for tryouts. Although there was no confirmation from the team, they were Rhys Lloyd, Ricky Schmitt and Dave Rayner.

Janikowski was moving stiffly during the early portion of practice, loading footballs into a JUGS gun to give return specialists a workout. He was officially listed as questionable with a left hamstring strain.

“It’s a huge part of our football team if he can’t go,’’ Jackson said. “I’m not going ot make any excuses. If he can’t go, he can’t go. We’ll get somebody that can. That’s the way it goes. We’ll be fine.’’

Janikowski is 12-for-13 on field goal attempts and 5-for-6 from 50 yards and beyond, with his lone miss this season coming from 56 yards. He tied the NFL record with a 63-yard field goal in Week 1.

Meanwhile, Kyle Boller opened practice as the starting quarterback for the third straight day. Jackson has never wavered from his stance of not making a decision until he has all the relevant information.

ESPN originally reported Palmer was expected to start, but reversed its field Friday and reported Palmer was unlikely to play.

“I’ll make the right decision as we draw closer to the game,’’ Jackson said. “I’m not in a rush. I’m gion got watch this team, watch the practice tape, sit down, meet with my staff, talk to upper management, Amy Trask and Mark Davis and make the right decision.’’

Palmer was available for a short time before heading to a meeting.

“I’m getting prepared. I’m getting as prepared as I can,’’ Palmer said. “I’m excited about the opportunity (to be) just around the field, let alone get a chance to play.’’

Whatever decision Jackson makes, the end result will be before a local television audience. The Raiders announced a sellout, meaning all four regular-season games will be televised.

• Just Fire Baby

First play will be a reverse!!

• Twocents

I am resigned to a possible loss to KC. We are “nicked” a bit and after two emotional wins we might have a let down. But that doesn’t mean we won’t win the division.
    After the bye, I can see us coming together and playing championship caliber football.

• ENGLANDRAIDER

85.raidertay Says:
    October 21st, 2011 at 3:52 pm
    Saying that here is more blitzing because Al David is dead is classless. Made me uneasy reading it.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

True dat.

And Al wasn’t necessarily wrong anyway.
    You keep blitzing and you are going to get burned eventually.

• http://www.wasRaider75.com wasbanned

Boller has to do his job. Carry the team until the starter is ready.

I would have been shocked to see Palmer start Sunday despite all the hype.

The loss of Janikowski worries me more than Boller. Janikowski kept the Raiders in that Houston game.

Just hope the defense can shut KC down and 14-17 points will be all that’s needed for the win.

• Just Fire Baby

Raiders 17
    Chiefs 16

Huff 2 picks

• http://raiders.com Albert Bigelow Paine

RaiderChaos Says:
    October 21st, 2011 at 3:58 pm
    See. Now you got me in moderation punka@@ ABP.
    ————
    LMAO!

• TheToozFan55

Read “Badasses” which came out in the recent past if you want to really savor the Raider mystique at that time. I received it as a Christmas present, couldn’t put it down.

• RaiderSam

The Realist Dirty Raccoon Says:
    October 21st, 2011 at 3:39 pm
    Reporter: you said this trade was the best in the NFL. So what’s the second best trade in the NFL?

HuJak: I’ll let you know when I make it..

:::::::::::

Lyle Alzado was a better trade! Lyle was 33 when he joined da Raidahs but Alzado still had enough Pis$ and Vinegar left to kick A$$ for four seasons with the Raiders, including the team that won Super Bowl XVIII in 1984.
    ======================
    Realist Raccoon, its called a joke. Mark Purdy (a tool, btw) was trying to run some clever talk, and HueJack nailed him … great stuff, dont ruin it….that was a classic exchange. And uh..Alzado died in misery and pain…he kick’d ass but he paid an unspeakable.

• The Big Banana

LA To TheBay Says:
    October 21st, 2011 at 3:46 pm
    Bresh says that more blitzing after death of Davis is not true. Injuries and abbreviated offseason limited him in what he could call earlier in the year.

__________

Propaganda

• Silverandblack666

Raiders 23

Chiefs 16

• http://Raiders4Ever.com 860Todd Christensen

The old Raider teams partied long into the am hours, and would show up half drunk, blow into opponents faces, and put a hurting on em. I see Seamour putting a hurt on Cassel early!

• http://raiderchaos.blogspot.com RaiderChaos

ABP…….I was taking a shut cho mouf when I wrote it azzh@leio. HAHAHAHAHAHA…….Thanks for reading it. Oh and by the way its “RaiderChaos”…. Proof your own shut yo moufisys!!

• edward teach

Speaking of those teams of the 70′s… The great thing about the first Lombardi was that we were SO CLOSE so many times before, and we finally won.

Dominated in the regular season, played in countless AFL/AFC playoff and title games against some of the greatest teams ever, came up just short every time.

When we finally got to the Super Bowl again, there was no doubt who was going to win.

The first one was the best one.

• LA to TheBay

Propaganda

——

Yup, Steve wasn’t joking when he said sh;t was changing.

I think Hue and Co. have the best interests of the Raiders in mind and will do what it takes to win.

We still have a rocket arm QB, the fastest skill players in the game and a rowdy, fast defense that likes to run and hit.

• LA to TheBay

I’m Out, Nation

Be good.

Sellout at the O, baby let’s stomp KC!

• Twocents

I think Amy has cracked down on even hinting that Al was somewhat backward. The staff got the word.

• Method To My Madness

Qdorn…stop including MR in the list…he is playing you…guy is not a Raider..when will you learn? Unless you are one of his stooges

• Method To My Madness

Chaos killin MR too funny

• r8rhemi

Raiders 32 Chiefs 20

• http://Raiders4Ever.com 860Todd Christensen

B, you catch 909′s post? lmfao!

• ENGLANDRAIDER

116.Twocents Says:
    October 21st, 2011 at 4:10 pm

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

That’s what you think?
    I think you’re MR.

Al Davis may have been infirm at the end but he was never in his entire life backward and he certainly hadn’t lost his intellect at the end.

• Twocents

Read somewhere that a former associate felt that Hue was a bit “self-serving”. Not a fatal flaw if he can deliver the goods.

• SR Raider

It’s looking like the obvious. Start Boller, then if (when) he sucks, put Palmer in there

Oh and I’m in for Raiders 24, Chiefs 21

• Method To My Madness

120.860Todd Christensen Says:
    October 21st, 2011 at 4:15 pm
    B, you catch 909’s post? lmfao!

I was more thinking this

• http://raiders.com Albert Bigelow Paine

RaiderChaos Says:
    October 21st, 2011 at 4:07 pm
    ————-
    I’m sorry if I have offended you “RaiderChaos” (pretty lame moniker), but if you are writing a blog about the Oakland Raiders, you probably should know how to spell the names of the players.

• StraitOutofComptonRaidr

–Love that no excuse attitude, Just Destroy Baby

• ENGLANDRAIDER

122.Twocents Says:
    October 21st, 2011 at 4:16 pm

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

First, there isn’t a single person in the entire world who isn’t self-serving jackazz.
    And second, go fuk yourself.

• Twocents

ENGLAND, you are as dumb as a box of rocks if you think I’m MR.

• http://Raiders4Ever.com 860Todd Christensen

124.Method To My Madness Says:
    October 21st, 2011 at 4:18 pm
    120.860Todd Christensen Says:
    October 21st, 2011 at 4:15 pm
    B, you catch 909’s post? lmfao!

I was more thinking this

———————————————
    B, send more Koolaid, too funny!!!!!!!!!

• Method To My Madness
  • PlunkforHOF

What up B@uce! CODE BLACK remains in effect!!!

• Method To My Madness
  • Plunketthead

qodrn

I want to give you props for taking care of the score list.
    You do a great job and you always add some special sauce.

Hats off, live long and prosper my Raider nation bro

• http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXj7I1RzLSE&feature=related exlaraiderseasonticketholder

When I went to New Orleans for MNF, the bed check for the Raiders on Sunday night was 11:00 p.m. By 1 a.m.
    many Raiders were out drinking Hurricanes and eating poor boys until 3:00a.m..

• Method To My Madness

plunk! always CODE BLACK

• Method To My Madness

133.Plunketthead Says:
    October 21st, 2011 at 4:24 pm
    qodrn

I want to give you props for taking care of the score list.
    You do a great job and you always add some special sauce.

Hats off, live long and prosper my Raider nation bro

*****************

MR should never be on the list

• ENGLANDRAIDER

128.Twocents Says:
    October 21st, 2011 at 4:20 pm
    ENGLAND, you are as dumb as a box of rocks if you think I’m MR.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Well, you sure sound like Mr, Mr.
    We could discuss it sometime.

• http://Raiders4Ever.com 860Todd Christensen

134.exlaraiderseasonticketholder Says:
    October 21st, 2011 at 4:24 pm
    many Raiders were out drinking Hurricanes and eating poor boys until 3:00a.m..

——————————————————
    Good to see some long held traditions don’t fade away! It was a different time back then, but boy o boy, we did some damage! You are truly a Raider for life!

• mcfadden20.

Code black do sho

• aig-raiders

LA to the BAy,

I hear you man on youtube and hulu. I think I saw all the hilites avail by nfl.com as well. BUT it’s not the same as feeling the vibe. The vibe was great during the Gruden yrs and I can sense that vibe again now with Palmer. Right now, we dont really have a villain to hate. Imagine being in the middle of the Pittsburg fight during those years.

My first NFL game was watching the Raiders vs Skins in the SB. Had no clue but I did see Marcus run and loved that logo. My cousin was like those Raiders look so small against the Skins. Been an underdog ever since.

• http://ibabuss.com antispy3

Post # 42; Cable is widely renowned as a less than mediocre ol coach. . .

• mcfadden20.

Fo sho

• TheToozFan55

LOLOLOLOL, method. funny video!

• RaiderYYZ

Raiders 28
    Chiefs 13

Next up… the divine one.

• Raiderjambo

“In Kyle we trust!” RAIDERS 31 chefs 10

• r8rhemi

Schefter= rumor monger, lol, thanks for that one Al

• qodrn

THE RAIDER PREDICTION BOARD
    Dedicated to the legacy of Al Davis
    Protected by the rally squirrel and Coliseum rodents

First: Ghostraider (exact score)
    Second: Sullivan44

The Big Banana Raiders 27 Chefs 17
    Big Honkin Balls Oakland 35 KC ass wipes 10
    Blackmamba_20 Raiders 34 Cheifs 16
    CanuckRaider Raiders 27 Chefs 17
    Carl Weathers Raiders 23-20 queefs
    Chris in NY Raiders 31-10
    crazy_eyepatch OctobOak – 34 KC – 17 GO RAIDERS!
    Dakota Raiders 24, Queefs 13
    exlaraiderseasonticketholder 34-10 Raiders.
    fingers Raiders 27…Chefs 17 Long live Raider Nation!
    Florio’s pick: Raiders 27, Chiefs 23.
    ghostraiders Raiders 20 chiefs 14…
    go raiders go oakland 41 kc 13
    Hagar the Horrible Raiders 27 – KC 23
    HueKnows Raiders 42-28
    J Hill Raiders 27 Chiefs 13
    JLofty Raiders 24 – Queefs 13
    John David Booty 42-10 Raiders
    Just Fire Baby Raiders 17 Chiefs 16
    L.A. Raider Dave Oak 31 KC 14.
    Lowdown_in_Beijing Raiders 26 Chefs 0
    mcfadden20 Raiders 31-9 over stupid chiefs
    Method To My Madness Raiders 35 Quiefs 17
    mikedlopes Raiders: 37 – Chiefs: 17
    More Steam oakland 41 kc 13
    neilb Raiders 30 Chiefs 10.
    NFL.COM predicts Raiders – 19 Chiefs – 16
    No Mas Diamante Raiders 44 – queefs 17
    o oakland 45 kc 10
    PlunkforHOF Raiders 17 Queefs 3
    Pretty Rick Raiders-27 Chiefs-13
    qodrn Raiders 20 Chiefs 17
    r8rhemi Raiders 32 Chiefs 20
    r8eray 24-17 Raiders
    RaiderChaos Raiders 35 Quiefs 17
    Raiderjambo RAIDERS 31 chefs 10
    raiderjhawk RAIDERS 38 – squaws 6
    RaiderRetribution Raiders 38 – Kansas City 0
    RaiderRockstar Oakland 13 Kansas Pity 10
    Raiders_83 Raiders 41 Squaws 13
    raidermarty RAIDERS 24 chiefs 13 CODE BLACK!!!
    RaiderYYZ Raiders 28 Chiefs 13
    The Realist Dirty Raccoon Al Davis Raiders- 31
    kc queefs- 13
    RedneckRaider 34-13
    rob_raider raiders 34 chiefs 13
    Ryan If Palmer starts: Raiders 34 Chiefs 10
    If Boller starts: Raiders 24 Chiefs 20
    Rosenthal’s pick: Raiders 26, Chiefs 20.
    Silverandblack666 Raiders 23 Chiefs 16
    SilverAndBlackBleeder Raiders 37 Chiefs 17
    SilverNBlackPA Raiders 23 – Chiefs 16
    SR Raider Raiders 24, Chiefs 21
    Sullivan44 Raiders 31, Chiefs 24
    StraitOutofComptonRaidr Raiders 24 Chiefs 10
    TheToozFan55 Raiders 17, KC 10
    Tjbwall Raiders 38 Cheifs 13
    Try Some Reality Raiders 27 Chiefs 16
    Whats a Drexl? Raiders 24 Chiefs 21

• qodrn

Thought that some reporter would have talked to the players about the earthquakes yesterday and what they felt and thought.

Guess the Jano story is just too big.

• joker94583

Boller will start, Palmer isn’t ready. KC then a bye it makes little sense to rush Palmer out there. Remember too that Boller is taking all the first team snaps. Boller isn’t a rookie. He should have success against KC.

• oldschoolraider

Queefs better do a head count before they board the plane.
    Make sure all of the indians got out alive.

Raiders 38 Chiefs 13