Observations from Raiders final practice before bye

Middle linebacker Rolando McClain (leg), running back Darren McFadden (foot), cornerbacks Chris Johnson (hamstring) and Chimdi Chekwa (hamstring), kicker Sebastian Janikowski (hamstring), defensive tackle Richard Seymour (rest) and tight end Kevin Boss (concussion) are not practicing today.

On the bright side for the Raiders, McClain is walking around on the practice field without a protective boot on his left foot. He was in the boot Tuesday.

Safety Matt Giordano is back at practice after missing one day because of the neck spasms he suffered Sunday against the Kansas City Chiefs.

Fullback Marcel Reece (ankle) is practicing for the second straight day and showing no ill effects from an injury that forced him to miss the past month’s practices, as well as four games.

Practice is expected to be brief today once again, with players free to do as they please the next four days.

For some, that means boarding a plane and heading home to visit family and friends. Others intend to stick around and rehabilitate injuries or get in some extra practice time.

Coaches are not permitted to oversee or participate in anything involving players the next four days, as provided for in the new Collective Bargaining Agreement.

That doesn’t preclude players from making their own arrangements, even if it entails using the team facility.

Coach Hue Jackson said he doesn’t intend to take any time off the next four days.

“I’m not going to get away,” Jackson said Tuesday. “I’m going to be right here. I’ve got too much work to do in terms of making sure we cross all the Ts and dot all the Is. We’ve had some injuries that we need to continue to work through and, again, try to strengthen this football team as much as we can. And that’s what we’ll do.”

Follow me on Twitter: @corkonthenfl

Steve Corkran

493.Bo Schembechler Jackson Says:
    October 26th, 2011 at 2:54 pm
    Condo is a Marxist from way back.

************************

LMAO

• Method To My Madness Says:
    October 26th, 2011 at 2:51 pm

MR we obviously know you down with the struggle and gonna take it to whitey!
    ————————————————
    We know you are NOT down with the struggle, calling MLKjr, Rosa Parks, Civil Rights movement a Marxist sham.

You can’t be that stupid can you? Really

• Sullivan44

Brien’s thirsty for knowledge, that’s all.

• Sullivan44 Says:
    October 26th, 2011 at 2:57 pm

Brien’s thirsty for knowledge, that’s all.
    ————————————-
    If Aryan Brien was thirsty for knowledge, he’d have some, no?

• B
    Krappy is like a dog with a bone on this one. He is furious about the MLK Rosa Parks civil rights commie analogy.

do you care to respond?

• Are transylvanians black too MR? KK needs to update his account on ancestry.com.

Blood brutha may be legit after all…

• ArmChair GM

Sullivan44 Says:
    October 26th, 2011 at 2:56 pm

_______________________________________________________

LMAO

I don’t know who is trolling for MR but I am dying on the floor right now…

MR you should hire this guy to troll for you more often. He’s much funnier and more interesting than you!

499.Whats a Drexl? Says:
    October 26th, 2011 at 2:56 pm
    B

Krappy is still pisT about the MLK, RosaParks, civil rights, commie sham thing.

Do you care to respond?

***********************

Who cares what this “KELLOUT” has to say…I’ll be in Alameda tonight if he wants to talk

• Silverandblack666

“Brien, you keep spreading the white man’s propaganda and one of these full moons you’re going to turn into this:”

As ugly as you may think that man is I would wager that he gets more women during the course of a drunken weekend than you have had in your entire life.

Now go back to trying to write a Hollywood script about this Blog!

• ArmChair GM

Sullivan44 Says:
    October 26th, 2011 at 2:57 pm

Brien’s thirsty for knowledge, that’s all.
    _________________________________________________________

Sullivan is thirsty for a woman.

Any woman.

504.Sullivan44 Says:
    October 26th, 2011 at 2:57 pm
    Brien’s thirsty for knowledge, that’s all.

**************

Quoting Malcolm X movie eh? lol

507.Bo Schembechler Jackson Says:
    October 26th, 2011 at 3:00 pm

Blood brutha may be legit after all…

******************

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA lmao

• Method To My Madness Says:
    October 26th, 2011 at 3:00 pm

——————————–
    You ain’t gonna do a damned thing, but make threats on the internet, C’mon little boy.

• Krappy,

B does not give a rats azz what you think, but he does invite you to “someplace” in Alameda to discuss your objection with him tonight.
    Should I count you in?

508.ArmChair GM Says:
    October 26th, 2011 at 3:00 pm
    Sullivan44 Says:
    October 26th, 2011 at 2:56 pm

_______________________________________________________

LMAO

I don’t know who is trolling for MR but I am dying on the floor right now…

*****************

Hilarious

511.ArmChair GM Says:
    October 26th, 2011 at 3:01 pm
    Sullivan44 Says:
    October 26th, 2011 at 2:57 pm

Brien’s thirsty for knowledge, that’s all.
    _________________________________________________________

Sullivan is thirsty for a woman.

Any woman.

*******************

40 year thirst quencher he needs i see

• whoa!!
    Do not talk directly to the B. WTF is wrong with you Krappy?

• luvmarvhub

Sully,

I am half Italian (southern Med–Neopolitan, with an unknown amount of central Italian mixed in), Irish, Scottish, and the rest Cherokee.

BTW, the Irish, unlike other Northern Euros, don’t score above ave. on “g” as a group.

• It’s funny, there hasn’t been one person on this blog, whose had the courage, to stand up for the Civil Rights movement, but me. Wow.

• Vlad Kelly says he goes back to “Switzerland” but we know he’s just visiting the home folks. With his wife Igor.

Ain’t that right blood?

518.Whats a Drexl? Says:
    October 26th, 2011 at 3:04 pm
    whoa!!
    Do not talk directly to the B. WTF is wrong with you Krappy?

********************

He just doesnt get it….I’m not into men….i guess no doesnt mean no to him

• Sully, keep up the good fight brother! Keep eating those blueberries.

• Sullivan44

The Legacy of Al Davis: Oakland Raider, Urban Raider
    By Dave Zirin
    Print this article

When I was doing my book tour for Bad Sports: How Owners Are Ruining the Games We Love, I always had a joke in my back pocket about Oakland Raiders owner Al Davis that never failed to generate a laugh. I said that kids in Oakland wake up screaming in the middle of the night saying, “Al Davis is coming to get me!” It was a play on Davis’s intimidating all-black wardrobe, his craggy visage, and the futility of the Oakland franchise. I said he looked “like the Crypt-Keeper”. I would then use the joke as a bridge to comment that Davis should make parents scream as well because the Oakland Raiders soak Alameda County tax-payers to the tune of $20 million a year. I quoted stadium expert Neil DeMause at fieldofschemes.com, who wrote, “the total public cost of bringing back the Raiders (as of 2003 was) $201 million, plus the mutilation of a once-attractive baseball stadium.”

I pointed out that Davis also sued the city for hundreds of millions of dollars for mismanaging the property and was awarded another $34 million. Lastly, I raised the way Davis really wrote the blueprint for other owners in how to play one city off another when he moved the Oakland Raiders to Los Angeles and then back to Oakland, in a search for public cash. After I made the joke on The Rachel Maddow Show, I received the following email:

“As a teen, I spent several years at Al’s house, as his son Mark and I have been close friends for thirty plus years. [Al’s] door was always open to us kids, and no matter how rowdy or obnoxious, he kept a watchful eye on us. Look, I know the guy is controversial to those who don’t know him, but I have seen first hand how much he can be just a dad, and a good guy…not the monster the press always portrays. I’d appreciate it if you kept your comments to his actions, and didn’t mock his personal appearance (due to obviously ailing health) to make a point. He seems fair game, but I can tell you this sort of thing can get to people, even when they are Al Davis the icon.”

Needless to say, I felt awful and apologized to the person that I used a cheap joke at the expense of an ailing man to make my point. I also had to admit that my accounting of Davis wasn’t by any means a fair and full portrait. As has been written extensively in every obituary since Davis’s death last week, the man was undoubtedly a trailblazer. He was the first owner in the NFL to hire an African American head coach, Art Shell, and the first owner to hire a Latino coach in Tom Flores. He also hired a woman, Amy Trask as the first-ever female CEO of an NFL team. Davis hounded the suits at NFL inc. earning all the right enemies among his ownership peers.

In addition Davis took chances on players demonized in the press and ostracized from the league. It was the team of last resort for people like Lyle Alzado, Lester Hayes, Jim Plunkett, and many more. All of these players resurrected their careers in the silver and black.

Clearly the emotion on the Raiders sideline yesterday, as they beat the Houston Texans 25-20, is also testament to Davis’s connection with his wayward team and coaching staff. It takes a hard soul to not quiver as Coach Hue Jackson bent over and sobbed as safety Michael Huff’s interception in the end zone secured the team’s victory. Fittingly many of the players Davis was maligned for choosing, like wide receiver Darius Heyward-Bey, kicker Sebastian Janikowski (who tied an NFL record with three field goals of over 50 yards) and the much-maligned Huff, were the stars of the day.

Yet the tributes to Davis can’t leave out the aforementioned damage done to Alameda County, as he constantly looked to take more money for a franchise that has not come close to returning on its investment. In 2005, when Davis signed a five-year lease extension with Alameda County, he darkly threatened to leave town, saying, “There are a lot of cities out there who are just waiting, just waiting to raise their hand and say, ‘We’re interested [in an NFL team] …And the numbers that they’ll pay are very great. You saw it happen in Houston. They built a brand new stadium. You saw it happen in Cleveland when they lost the Browns to Baltimore. Brand new stadium. Big, modern edifices…I realize [the price to taxpayers] can’t be too high, but whatever it is, you’ve got to think of the quality of life that we bring to the community, that baseball brings to the community, that basketball brings to the community.”

These words are being said today by the Spanos family that owns the San Diego Chargers and Zygi Wilf who owns the Minnesota Vikings, as they play cities against each other in a play for public cash. Even a modest look at urban poverty shows what a disaster these stadiums are, leaving little but a scant collection of low-pay, no benefit jobs in their wake. Davis may not have been the “Crypt-Keeper” caricature. But he was also wasn’t the saint in the city sportswriters are portraying in the aftermath of his passing. Behind the dark shades and leather jackets, he was the NFL owner who was as much urban raider as Oakland Raider. In 2008, I tried to interview Davis and emailed him one question and one question alone: “Since you’re getting so much tax-payer money, does the public perhaps have a right to partial public ownership of the team?” I never received an answer. Any honest look as the legacy of this NFL titan needs to reckon with the way Al Davis magically turned public money into private wealth, and laid a blueprint for other far less charismatic owners to follow.

Bo Schembechler Jackson Says:
    October 26th, 2011 at 3:04 pm

Ain’t that right blood
    *********************************

LMAO…bo is awesome

• ArmChair GM

Alright.

Back to football.

I hope Aaron Curry knows Teblow’s head off his shoulders the first time he takes off and tries to run in the Coliseum.

It’s time to expose that fraud of a QB.

519.luvmarvhub Says:
    October 26th, 2011 at 3:04 pm
    Sully,

******************

Shut up and go make biscuits…get that apron or go intothe bedroom and do some grown schit…put on a tight thong too small that dont fit u bz

• KoolKell Says:
    October 26th, 2011 at 3:04 pm
    ————
    Civil rights movement was bull sh*t! MLK sold his people out by placating to the white devil.

• Whats A Drexl? Says:
    October 26th, 2011 at 3:04 pm

whoa!!
    Do not talk directly to the B. WTF is wrong with you Krappy?
    ——————————————-
    So you’re not Brien’s alter ego? You just his little signifying monkey?

You just post for him? Wow, Trolls.

• Silverandblack666

Get em MR! lmao

530.Silverandblack666 Says:
    October 26th, 2011 at 3:07 pm
    “Vlad Kelly”

That’s funny!

*******************

Just like when we found out his he-wife bearhugged him while he was in tears when we beat Houston?

• KoolKell Says:
    October 26th, 2011 at 3:07 pm

Whats A Drexl? Says:
    October 26th, 2011 at 3:04 pm

whoa!!
    Do not talk directly to the B. WTF is wrong with you Krappy?
    ——————————————-
    So you’re not Brien’s alter ego? You just his little signifying monkey?

You just post for him? Wow, Trolls.
    =============
    Krappy, either I am, or I am not Brien. It was you who proclaimed it to be so. You decide.

• Raider Ray Says:
    October 26th, 2011 at 3:07 pm
    KoolKell Says:
    October 26th, 2011 at 3:04 pm
    ————
    —————————————–
    Wow, were you around in those days?

• Silverandblack666

“MLK sold his people out by placating to the white devil.”

I never bought any people from MLK!

533.Whats a Drexl? Says:
    October 26th, 2011 at 3:09 pm
    KoolKell Says:
    October 26th, 2011 at 3:07 pm

Whats A Drexl? Says:
    October 26th, 2011 at 3:04 pm

whoa!!
    Do not talk directly to the B. WTF is wrong with you Krappy?
    ——————————————-
    So you’re not Brien’s alter ego? You just his little signifying monkey?

You just post for him? Wow, Trolls.
    =============

******************

dont tell an old man that! he will never make up his close to alzheimer’s having mind! its like him figuring out what suspenders he will rock tonight at the BINGO hall….brown or black?

• DeuceDeuce

Ahh…Bye weeks suck.

• Silverandblack666

KK

Don’t talk to Drexl like that when asking about B@uce.

You go through me who goes through Drelx who then translates to B@uce.

Get in line with the new communication system!

• Sullivan44

Anyone read that article I posted? Looks like the real legacy Al will leave behind is ripping off tax payers and ruining the A’s.

• Alrighty then!

• Silverandblack666

“Anyone read that article I posted?”

NOPE!

Not a single person in here is interested in your crap!

539.Sullivan44 Says:
    October 26th, 2011 at 3:11 pm

*********************

MR forget all that my soul brotha….let’s get back to plan to take down the man

538.Silverandblack666 Says:
    October 26th, 2011 at 3:11 pm
    KK

Don’t talk to Drexl like that when asking about B@uce.

You go through me who goes through Drelx who then translates to B@uce.

Get in line with the new communication system!

********************

And new pampers

• Sullivan44

Maybe this is why so many of Davis’s loyalists love to point at the behavior of Oakland’s poorest citizens, to distract from their role in ruining the city.

• MR forget all that my soul brotha….let’s get back to plan to take down the man
    —————————————-
    Nah, you’re an Aryan Brother, Bootlicker.

• Try Some Reality

So does KK also eat blueberries, carrots, and PB&J?

544.Sullivan44 Says:
    October 26th, 2011 at 3:15 pm

***************************

I wanna appoint you the Chief Information Officer for the Black Panther Party in Sac….deal?

• Try Some Reality

Method To My Madness Says:
    October 26th, 2011 at 3:14 pm
    539.Sullivan44 Says:
    October 26th, 2011 at 3:11 pm

*********************

MR forget all that my soul brotha….let’s get back to plan to take down the man

===================

Step 1 in the plan to take down the man: eat a diet consisting of blueberries, carrots, vitamins, and PB&J

• Sullivan44

Brien, I love you, brethren. I know you can hear me inside of that shell of your former self that’s been brainwashed by the peckerwood.

546.Try Some Reality Says:
    October 26th, 2011 at 3:16 pm
    So does KK also eat blueberries, carrots, and PB&J?

**********************

Not carrots tho….little too hard on the fked off teeth he sports

• ArmChair GM

KoolKell Says:
    October 26th, 2011 at 3:04 pm

______________________________________________________

Kelly do you know who funded and founded the NAACP and the whole “Civil Rights movement”?

I’ll wait. But I’ll wager you a condo that it wasn’t anyone who looked like me, Brien, or the Raiders starting 11 defensive players .

It was set up to be watered down from the start.

That’s why MLK wasn’t assassinated until he started changing his tune. Even he started realizing that he had been duped.