Spring break in session for Raiders

It’s get-away day for most of the Raiders, with the last of this week’s practices in the books and four days off between now and the next practice.

Most of the players wasted little time showering, throwing on clean clothes and jumping in their vehicles for a mad dash to far reaches of the country. They did so only after receiving a message from coach Hue Jackson.

“Most important is, one, that you represent this organization and this team and don’t do anything stupid that will cost you not to be a member of this football team,” Jackson said. “That’s first and foremost. Number 2 is, make sure you spend time with loved ones, family, friends, people that are important.”

Jackson said he also wants his players to return with clearn minds, refreshed bodies and a burning desire to finish strong the final nine games.

“You got to take a day or two, let your body heal and all those good things,” Jackson said. “But we got to be thinking about what we’ve got to do when we get back, which is Denver, and getting ready for the Denver Broncos.”

Quarterback Carson Palmer is among those sticking around during the days off. He intends to work with some, if not all, of the wide receivers in an attempt to get down the plays, the timing and in better synch with each other.

Jackson said that he will instruct Palmer in advance on some things he wants accomplished, given coaches aren’t allowed to oversee practices or workouts the next four days.

“I feel like I’m back in high school studying and cramming for the SATs or something like that,” Palmer said. “But it’s a lot more fun. Football is a lot more fun than that. It’s been a lot of work. It’s been some long days but great days. I’ve enjoyed a lot of it. I still have a ways to go. I still have a little bit of time to get it down before we really get into next Wednesday’s work.”

JACKSON WON’T SPECULATE ABOUT CAMPBELL

Quarterback Jason Campbell’s season changed dramatically 10 days ago when he was tackled by Browns linebacker Scott Fujita on a play that resulted in a broken right collarbone.

Many players would be in seclusion, going through the rehabilitation process, wondering “Why me?” and not surfacing until fully healed. Not Campbell. He was on the sideline last Sunday, consulting with the other quarterbacks, making himself available and cheering on his teammates.

On Wednesday, Campbell was right in the middle of things once again, walking around on the field during practice, with his arm in a sling, and at the ready in whatever capacity.

Jackson said Campbell also has taken part in team meetings and everything else he was accustomed to doing before the injury.

That’s just part of Campbell’s makeup as a leader, team player and consummate professional. It’s part of what endears him to Jackson and his teammates.

“I see all these reports and all the things that get said,” Jackson said. “(Everyone) knows how I feel about Jason, what I think about Jason. He’s a huge reason why this team was 4-2, and I wish nothing but the best for Jason.”

Jackson was referring to reports about Campbell’s days as a Raider being all but over, even if Campbell returns to full health before season’s end.

“I know everything that gets said,” Jackson said. “I don’t subscribe to that. As I told (everyone) before, we’ll see where he is when we’re healthy. He’s a ways away from being healthy. He needs to get himself back to where he was, and that’s going to take some time. Nobody knows how long that’s going to take. It could take for the rest of the season. It could be five weeks. Nobody knows. So we’ll conduct business that way.”

Campbell underwent surgery Oct. 17. The prognosis is for the recovery to take six weeks or so. Therefore, he conceivably could be back in time for the final month of the regular season.

And what happens when Campbell returns?

“I’ll tell you that when we get there,” Jackson said. “I can’t answer that right now, because he isn’t healthy. So that’s all speculation. I’m not going to speculate on anything until I have to make that kind of decision, and that’s not one that needs to be made right now.”

Campbell has not been made available to the media since his injury. He has granted interviews to several radio stations, though.

The smart money says, Jackson will stick with Palmer at quarterback if Palmer is playing well when Campbell is healthy. If Palmer is injured or struggling, Jackson might feel compelled to go back to Campbell for the stretch run.

Palmer is under contract through 2014. Campbell’s contract expires at the end of this season.

Tonight, Campbell is on Comcast. During the interview, Campbell says, “I’m a starter in this league. … I’m not ready to accept being in a backup role.”

RAIDERS WORK OUT PLAYERS

Three players worked out for the Raiders as soon as practice ended. Jackson declined to identify the players and said the workouts weren’t anything “major.”

“Nobody’s been added to the team,” Jackson said. “We’re just trying to, again, find a way to improve the team here and there. Legs; we need some healthier legs, just for practice purposes, whatever that is. We got a couple of guys in today we’re going to take a look at and see where they are.”

The players wore Nos. 14, 15 and 38. Rookie quarterback Terrelle Pryor threw passes to the first two players listed, given the appearance that they are wide receivers. The third player appeared to be a veteran defensive back.

FAST FACT

Teams fresh from a bye are 3-9 this season. Combine that with the fact the Raiders have lost in the game after their bye each of the past eight seasons, and it doesn’t bode well for the Raiders against the Broncos. Then again … it is the 2-4 Broncos.

SCHILENS INJURED

Wide receiver Chaz Schilens was among the seven players deactivated for Sunday’s game against the Chiefs. No reason was given.

On Tuesday, Schilens said he was healthy. Jackson painted a different picture.

“Chaz had a groin (injury),” Jackson said. “I know somebody told me he said, ‘I’m fine.’ I guess you say he’s not fine, he hasn’t been doing too much. He has a groin and, again, I’m going to take care of those guys and do everything I can to make sure it’s not something that lingers.

“Sometimes, when he gets an injury, it lingers for a while, and we don’t want that. We want to make sure he gets a chance to get back healthy, so that he can come out here and compete. He’s a very important member of this football team, so we’ve got to get him healthy and get him back out here.”

JACKSON WEIGHS IN ON JAMARCUS

The Raiders released quarterback JaMarcus Russell last May, only a few months after managing general partner Al Davis hired Jackson to be his offensive coordinator. The transaction also came on the heels of Jackson seeing Russell in a full-team setting for the first time, in a three-day mini camp.

Here’s Jackson’s take on his brief time with Russell:

“I was involved in knowing what was going on,” Jackson said. “Obviously, coach Davis made the ultimate decision there. When that was all said and done, it was done. We wish JaMarcus well. I want him to do what he needs to do.”

Jackson said he was aware of Russell being affected by sleep apnea, something Russell kept to himself, for the most part.

“When I got here, he told me about his sleep apnea and some of the things he’d gone through, and I understand that and respect that,” Jackson said. “But I also think that’s not the reason he’s not here. There were several other factors, and those things I don’t think we really need to get into.”

Through it all, Jackson sounds as if he wants Russell to get another job in the NFL, just not for the Raiders.

“JaMarcus is a good young man,” Jackson said. “Hopefully he’ll get another opportunity to play. But my time with JaMarcus was one of watching him grow. I thought he got better, but was he as good as we needed him to be at that time? Obviously not, because we made the decision to move forward. But I wish him nothing but the best. He’s a good young man and hopefully he’ll get another chance in this league.”

Follow me on Twitter: @corkonthenfl

Steve Corkran

• TerrapinRaider

I started to read the live blog from today and it didn’t take me but 5 comments to run across this gem.

************

11:55 [Comment From KCSamKCSam: ]
    How much of an upgrade is Curry over Groves? Have you noticed any differences first hand on Sundays?

11:55 Steve Corkran: Curry is more athletic and younger. Beyond that, both are capable of making plays and both are flawed.

************

OMG, WTF? …and this is who we are relying on for everything Raider??! Holy smokes. So let me get this right, Curry is no better than Groves except fo his youthfulness and athleticism? LMAO! Steve – Do you know that one of these guys is a Butkus award winner, drafted in the 1st round, immediately hopped in as starter and immediately began making BIG TIME PLAYS!!!!?????

GEEEESUUUS!

Sullivan44 Says:
    October 27th, 2011 at 3:51 pm
    October 27th, 2011 at 3:48 pm

Dr Dre= homo

………..

Your source: Suge Knight. Now slap yourself.

$$$$$$$$$

ROFLMAO.

Gotta admit, that wsa a good one.

You been cracking me up these past two days…

I’m a D-P-G-C for life.

I do what i feel

and i do what i like

• Master Beeecham

NWA is mad WACK

Real ladies love to get down to Kool Moe Dee. Sometimes I’ll whip up a batch of scratch margaritas from the PARTYDUDE 8000, pop on some Wild Wild West (with big Will, holla) and let the threesomes commence.

If I’m partying serious with a horny MILF from Norway or Latin America, I usually spin some LL Cool J and microwave some garlic cheese toast.

Hot loving on medium high. If you know what I’m talking about.

• Blackmamba_20

701.TerrapinRaider Says:
    October 27th, 2011 at 3:55 pm

************

11:55 [Comment From KCSamKCSam: ]

************

GEEEESUUUS!

———–
    agreed mayn, what a nothing analysis from corkram

702.mack-madden Says:
    October 27th, 2011 at 3:56 pm
    Sullivan44 Says:
    October 27th, 2011 at 3:51 pm
    October 27th, 2011 at 3:48 pm

Dr Dre= homo

………..

Your source: Suge Knight. Now slap yourself.

$$$$$$$$$

ROFLMAO.

Gotta admit, that wsa a good one.

You been cracking me up these past two days…

******************

No it wasnt…if you have ever lived in LA then this aint a shock to ya

• http://raiders.com Albert Bigelow Paine

October 27th, 2011 at 3:45 pm
    Ice Cube=aint been schit since the 90s
    ————–
    You probably aint been schit since the 90s either.

• Blackmamba_20

IM’A G – D P G – DPGC – OG – DP

Daymn good memories to there stuff,

streetz iz a mutha is my all time Fav album.. young gotti that dude!!

707.Albert Bigelow Paine Says:
    October 27th, 2011 at 4:00 pm
    October 27th, 2011 at 3:45 pm
    Ice Cube=aint been schit since the 90s
    ————–
    You probably aint been schit since the 90s either.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Come say that to my face next sunday coward ass MR

• rob_raider

master b*tchum’s actual website and yelp reviews. a proven tool.

Dominique D.
    Woodland Hills, CA
    8/20/2011
    I am being completely honest and unbiased as I write this review while sitting on the Reggae boat cruise… My group paid $45/each and were told that BBQ was included. Well it is NOT. In addition the only food on the “Reggae cruise”are Domino pizza slices and BBQ wings: for $5 each. The boat is the cheapest piece of crap I have ever been on and had we not paid for our tickets in advance, I would have never boarded. 2nd, and most importantly the boat did not leave until around 6:30, even though we were scheduled to leave at 6pm, which means right now I am being held HOSTAGE until 9:30pm! To make a horrible experience even worse we are riding around in a 1/4 mile circle!! The boat is literally a rip-off! Party people BEWARE!

Sree R.
    Long Beach, CA
    7/5/2009
    I went on the July 4th cruise, and unfortunately, I didn’t think it was worth the money ($55 per person). First, the boarding gates opened about 15 minutes late, then the ship left the dock almost an hour later than scheduled. The reggae band was average (they did some Celine Dion covers turned reggae–very strange). Because the ship is pretty small, it kept rocking in the waves, which meant people were literally falling on top of each other at points, and the trash can on the top deck overturned multiple times. Also, the cruise advertised itself as getting riders close to the Queen Mary fireworks, but we were actually pretty far away. Other than drinking, there wasn’t much to do on the boat. On a positive note, I will say the boat was well-staffed (there were several security guards) and the crowd was a good mix of people.

• TerrapinRaider

And this is where I stop reading …sheez …6th best? Really??? Steve, he is statistically 15th best or so in the LEAGUE~!

*********

12:06 [Comment From Big John HendersonBig John Henderson: ]
    I have a buddy who still doesn’t believe DHB is our best WR right now, do you agree or disagree?

12:06 Steve Corkran: Darrius Heyward-Bey is Oakland’s most-productive receiver right now, no doubt. Not sure why other receivers aren’t getting as many balls thrown their way as Heyward-Bey. I still of am the belief that Heyward-Bey is Oakland’s sixth-best receiver talent-wise.

• Blackmamba_20

Has steve Corkran ever played ? question ?

• mack-madden

RMR response was comical.

What you spoke on Dre and them is TRUE.

You dont have to spend time in LA to know this…

• http://raiders.com Albert Bigelow Paine

Rob_raider Says:
    October 27th, 2011 at 4:02 pm
    master b*tchum’s actual website and yelp reviews. a proven tool.

Dominique D.
    Woodland Hills, CA
    8/20/2011

Sree R.
    Long Beach, CA
    7/5/2009
    ————————-
    Is that really Beeecham’s website? If so, that is the funniest sh*t I have ever read! LMAO

• http://raiders.com Albert Bigelow Paine

October 27th, 2011 at 4:02 pm
    707.Albert Bigelow Paine Says:
    October 27th, 2011 at 4:00 pm
    October 27th, 2011 at 3:45 pm
    Ice Cube=aint been schit since the 90s
    ————–
    You probably aint been schit since the 90s either.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Come say that to my face next sunday coward ass MR
    ——————
    Why you mad bro?

• Master Beeecham

Ah, my favorite newbie minion, Nob Raider! Glad you’ve returned to worship and serve me.

Usually when I show up you run away to hide, too afraid of being slapped silly around the blog.

I know the sting of a Beeecham blog slap stays with you for a few weeks, but it’s the only way you’ll become a permanent member of my stable.

Don’t lose hope, Nob!

708.Blackmamba_20 Says:
    October 27th, 2011 at 4:00 pm
    IM’A G – D P G – DPGC – OG – DP

Daymn good memories to there stuff,

streetz iz a mutha is my all time Fav album.. young gotti that dude!!

****************************
    “Have you ever had some bomb pssy have you eveeerrrrrrr?”

• rob_raider

Sullivan44 Says:
    October 27th, 2011 at 3:17 pm
    We don’t get to watch NE/Pit in the bay area/Sac market because we get to watch the Super Bowl preview that is the 49ers vs. the Cleveland Browns instead. Woo hoo. You know they preempted a Raiders road game a few years back to show NE/Indy, who were both undefeated at that time. Maybe they should do that again. I think even most Niner fans would rather watch NE/Pit.
    ****************

most 49er fans would rather watch another game when their team is 5-1? this speaks volumes to ur lack of understanding of what being a fan means. u have no allegiance to any team.

• http://raiders.com Albert Bigelow Paine

Beeecham, is that really your website?

713.mack-madden Says:
    October 27th, 2011 at 4:04 pm
    RMR response was comical.

What you spoke on Dre and them is TRUE.

You dont have to spend time in LA to know this…

*********************

Live in LA and get multiple sources who dont know each other…it will let ya know how fked that ngga is

715.Albert Bigelow Paine Says:
    October 27th, 2011 at 4:06 pm
    October 27th, 2011 at 4:02 pm
    707.Albert Bigelow Paine Says:
    October 27th, 2011 at 4:00 pm
    October 27th, 2011 at 3:45 pm
    Ice Cube=aint been schit since the 90s
    ————–
    You probably aint been schit since the 90s either.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Come say that to my face next sunday coward ass MR
    ——————
    Why you mad bro?

***********************

Yeah stand down u btch…i’ll drink my entire clear remy bottle with the people in D lot then knock you out with it!

Shut the fck up btch

eat a dck btch

eat a bowl of sht btch

much on a mouth full of balls….

just shut the fck up btch and work them jaws

• inonewordraider

you know, and I know, that your gf is a

• http://raiders.com Albert Bigelow Paine

Another stellar review of Beeecham’s party boat:

Long Beach, CA
    8/25/2011
    I and 3 of my friends purchased tickets on living social for the reggae cruise. We have left several messages to make a reservation and no one has returned our calls.

On two occasions I have actually reached a man on the line, who told me how he was busy driving or eating his breakfast and to call back and leave a message. I said that we already left messages and no one has returned our calls. He said to leave more messages. He also warned me that spots are running out fast and to make a reservation well ahead of time. Hello?! That’s what I’ve been trying to do!

So far, I hate this establishment and I am very doubtful that I will ever be able to make a reservation at this point. The customer service, which basically does not exist, sucks. We will likely have to complain to living social to get our money refunded. Sad.

• Blackmamba_20

717.Method To My Madness Says:
    October 27th, 2011 at 4:06 pm
    708.Blackmamba_20 Says:
    October 27th, 2011 at 4:00 pm
    IM’A G – D P G – DPGC – OG – DP

Daymn good memories to there stuff,

streetz iz a mutha is my all time Fav album.. young gotti that dude!!

****************************
    “Have you ever had some bomb pssy have you eveeerrrrrrr?”

——

While I bust a hellified superfied nut

inonewordraider Says:
    October 27th, 2011 at 4:12 pm
    you know, and I know, that your gf is a

$$$$$$$$$$

Garden tool

• http://raiders.com Albert Bigelow Paine

————-
    LMAO! You sound like your drunk right now.

• Master Beeecham

Nob Raider is recycling the only joke he’s been able to come up with in 3 months on the blog.

It’s usually what happens to my minions-in-training, they get so scared/nervous in my presence that their little brains freeze up.

Kinda like how Albert Puss gets around his “girlfriend” when she takes her bra off.

But don’t fault the poor little fella for trying. He’s just trying to impress me so I’ll honor him with a blog beat down.

Go get ‘em, little Nob!

• Blackmamba_20

722.mack-madden Says:
    October 27th, 2011 at 4:11 pm
    Shut the fck up btch

eat a dck btch

eat a bowl of sht btch

much on a mouth full of balls….

just shut the fck up btch and work them jaws
    ———————–

Bro thats sic man thats one of my favs too,man im dusting of my old CD’s and getting red eyed tanite

Canibus/wu tang my niggs cool/ def squad/ def jam /but fck Ja rule !!!!!!!!!!!!!

• http://raiders.com Albert Bigelow Paine

So Beeecham, is that your business and website? Are you going to answer me, coward.

• Method To My Madness

Mack Madden you know the best one ever from the DPG fam…………..

I was at the park one day, that’s when I saw her face

She looked kind of cavi to me

But when I take her home, and tap that ass I’m gone

I’m just a dog don’t blame me”

Only X i now is Xzibit or RBX

EXtraordinary ! ! !

trying to take my btch

you can have the btch

i’m too busy getting rich

October 27th, 2011 at 4:17 pm
    Mack Madden you know the best one ever from the DPG fam…………..

I was at the park one day, that’s when I saw her face

She looked kind of cavi to me

But when I take her home, and tap that ass I’m gone

I’m just a dog don’t blame me”

$$$$$$$$

The best feature by Nate Dogg

HANDS DOWN

Blackmamba_20 Says:
    October 27th, 2011 at 4:16 pm
    722.mack-madden Says:
    October 27th, 2011 at 4:11 pm
    Shut the fck up btch

eat a dck btch

eat a bowl of sht btch

much on a mouth full of balls….

just shut the fck up btch and work them jaws
    ———————–

$$$$$$$$$$

Trying to sign DAZ ?!?!?!

DAZ will SIGN YOU ! ! !

• Blackmamba_20

This is DJ Easy Dick and this is the Golden shower hour early in the morning !!!

Wake your Goat mouth ass up !!!!!

732.mack-madden Says:
    October 27th, 2011 at 4:18 pm
    Only X i now is Xzibit or RBX

EXtraordinary ! ! !

trying to take my btch

you can have the btch

i’m too busy getting rich
    ********************

Callin out Names!

• Blackmamba_20

Mack

Calling out names was one of the best diss tracks aye, B4 it came the norm to just diss a nuga

735.Blackmamba_20 Says:
    October 27th, 2011 at 4:22 pm

Wake your Goat mouth ass up !!!!!

***********************

Everybody gots to hear da schit on WBALZ WBALZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

• Blackmamba_20

LMAOOOOOOOOOOO Yea Boooiii

October 27th, 2011 at 4:23 pm
    732.mack-madden Says:
    October 27th, 2011 at 4:18 pm
    Only X i now is Xzibit or RBX

EXtraordinary ! ! !

trying to take my btch

you can have the btch

i’m too busy getting rich
    ********************

Callin out Names!

$$$$$$$$$$

If it wasnt for the WEST

You rap N*** wouldnt need a VEST around your CHEST

• Master Beeecham

Simmer down, lil Albert. Remember – I own you.

Brahs, I’m partying now with this totally wasted stripper from the Hustler Club in Westminster.

I did her sister a few weeks ago and now she shows up at my penthouse, a 6 pack of Zima and a box of Magnums, begging for the same attention.

Anyway y’all know Beeecham will represent, but not before popping some Big Daddy Kane on the surround sound and ordering some Round Table.

DOLLA DOLLA BILLS, Y’ALL

• http://raiders.com Albert Bigelow Paine

That must be your business Beeecham. Are you embarrassed of your Yelp reviews. That’s why you don’t want to answer me. BTW, your website is terrible. If you want, I could design a professional looking site for you. You would have to pay me upfront, though. It doesn’t seem like you can be trusted.

naw ill admit in the 90s that LA music was it…cant front…schit still slaps now

one of the best i agree.

But most important Calling out names was my fav. LOL

cant deny ” Real mfking G’s ”

Ether was solid also.

Ofcourse Pac killed it with “hit em up”

• Method To My Madness

“If ya gimme ten btches then ima fk all ten”

• Blackmamba_20

Yea not best diss all time , but agreed my fav too, spits with some real venom

But yea cant deny “hit em up”

Not a nas fan at all,

Coremega raw forever !!

October 27th, 2011 at 4:28 pm
    naw ill admit in the 90s that LA music was it…cant front…schit still slaps now

$$$$$$$$$$

I fa show second that.

Cant deny the FACTS.

You dont beleive me?

Then go ask the twins…

744.mack-madden Says:
    October 27th, 2011 at 4:29 pm
    one of the best i agree.

But most important Calling out names was my fav. LOL

cant deny ” Real mfking G’s ”

Ether was solid also.

Ofcourse Pac killed it with “hit em up”
    ******************************

Top 5 diss songs

1.Hit em Up…………by far
    2. Ether…jay z still dead from that
    3. Bridge is Over…krs classic
    4. Compton City Gs….Eazy came too clean
    5. Dre Day….funniest video damn near ever

October 27th, 2011 at 4:30 pm
    “If ya gimme ten btches then ima fk all ten”

$$$$$$$$$$

Back when snoop was real.

Now he just a real fake getting fckd in the a$$ fggt

• Method To My Madness

Honorable mention: Yukmouth Killaz on the Payroll 1 and 2….my god he used to rip