McFadden ruled out for Broncos game

By Steve Corkran
Friday, November 4th, 2011 at 1:35 pm in Oakland Raiders.

Just returned from interviewing coach Hue Jackson and the players. Jackson said running back Darren McFadden will not play Sunday against the Denver Broncos.
Cornerback Chris Johnson (hamstring) also has been declared out by Jackson. Michael Bush will make his first start Sunday. He rushed for 99 yards in relief of McFaddena against the Kansas City Chiefs.
Jackson said he is confident that kicker Sebastian Janikowski will be healthy enough to play against the Broncos. However, Janikowski first has to demonstrate to Jackson that his left hamstring is sound enough to hold up during a game.
To that end, Janikowski is scheduled to test his kicking leg Saturday. If he holds up, he will play Sunday. If not, Jackson said the Raiders will sign veteran Dave Rayner, who replaced Janikowski against the Chiefs.
Middle linebacker Rolando McClain is questionable for the Broncos game. However, Jackson said he is confident that McClain will be ready to play against the Broncos.
More later. Filling in for beat writer Jerry McDonald today, while he works on his Sunday story.

Follow me on Twitter: @corkonthenfl

• TheToozFan55

Question: Would you play Reece or T. Jones at RB in fantasy football this week?

• TheToozFan55

That sucks BigTed. my one game this year is in SD. i hope we win……………………..

• SilverAndBlackBleeder

Tooz – T. Jones. Regardless if it’s standard scoring or PPR. The fact they’re (Bush and Jones) splitting half the first team reps means Jones touches it at least 12 times. No way Reece gets his number called more than 5 times total.

• http://www.tedhendricks.com/Ted_vs_Montana.jpg BigTed707

# TheToozFan55 Says:
    November 4th, 2011 at 3:29 pm

Question: Would you play Reece or T. Jones at RB in fantasy football this week?

****************
    I don’t know enough about fairy-tale football.

Do your RBs get points for catches in the passing game?

If so, I would start Reece, he has soft hands.

• Just Fire Baby

Peyton Hillis is another reason why RB’s are so devalued in today’s NFL.

He was a 3rd round pick, did next to nothing for 2 years, had a huge breakout season……and probably will do next to nothing for the rest of his career.

It’s why it so important to try to do something BIG these next 3-4 years, while D-Mac is balling.

McFadden will probably be washed up and a dime a dozen back in 5 years.

• ghostraiders

I thought reece was a fb? ?

• http://www.tedhendricks.com/Ted_vs_Montana.jpg BigTed707

# TheToozFan55 Says:
    November 4th, 2011 at 3:31 pm

That sucks BigTed. my one game this year is in SD. i hope we win……………………..

***************

Me too! Bring the noise!

• ghostraiders

Fairy tale football. ….

++++++++++++++

LOL..

• SilverAndBlackBleeder

106.ghostraiders Says:
    November 4th, 2011 at 3:34 pm
    I thought reece was a fb? ?

———————–

What Tooz is saying is he’s probably startable at RB in FFB.

• http://www.tedhendricks.com/Ted_vs_Montana.jpg BigTed707

CP3 as a Raider is an unknown.

It is known that t-bag sucks.

• ghostraiders

What can reece do for you in fantasy football?? .. I’m with big Ted.. that stuff is not for me..

• TheToozFan55

Yeah, he’s listed as a RB in FFB. That’s good advice silverandblack. i’m going to go with Jones. I HAD ahmad bradshaw and another player who’s injured…..
    hey bigted – fantasy football is really fun!

• Just Fire Baby

This game is one that we don’t have much to gain but plenty to lose.

A loss will provide many more questions than a win will provide answers.

I will save my mocking of Tebow until we win, because if we lose………

• ghostraiders

Tooz. .. you playing for money??

• Seymour Bush

MistaBrown Says:
    November 4th, 2011 at 2:43 pm

The EPA & Dicktator Marxist Ohb@ma will find a way to shut that down.
    ===============================================

News released just today by Associate press:

the global output of heat trapping carbon dioxide jumped by the biggest amount on record, the US Dept of Energy calculated, a sign of how feeble the worlds efforts are at slowing man made global warming.

According to the brain dead moron Jamista, we should NOW just get rid of the Dept of Energy. That will fix that problem. What a grade A tool.

• TheToozFan55

Nah Ghostraider – just for fun.

• http://www.tedhendricks.com/Ted_vs_Montana.jpg BigTed707

Romanowski on the radio lovin’ on T-Blow and Hayzoos.

T-Bow MUST GO DOWN AND GO DOWN HARD!

but god bless him ;)

• Just Fire Baby

Raider Dell’s World Famous Blog Battle FFL is awesome.

We got Dell, Marley, J Hill, Dakota, ExLA, Bcz24, SnB666, South Texas Raider, Raider Rockstar, Plunketthead and a few others.

Very competitive, lots of trash talk.

• LA to TheBay

This game is one that we don’t have much to gain but plenty to lose.

A loss will provide many more questions than a win will provide answers.

I will save my mocking of Tebow until we win, because if we lose………

———–

Yup. We win, it’s what we were supposed to do. We lose, panic button gets pushed.

sounds fun.

• http://www.tedhendricks.com/Ted_vs_Montana.jpg BigTed707

hey bigted – fantasy football is really fun!
    ****************
    That’s cool – Raider On!

• SilverAndBlackBleeder

112.TheToozFan55 Says:
    November 4th, 2011 at 3:39 pm
    hey bigted – fantasy football is really fun!

————————

That being said, I was giving advice on if you had to start one of the two. I wouldn’t start either to tell the truth! Lol I’m sure you can find a better bet on the waiver wire for a flex play.

• Seymour Bush

Just Fire Baby Says:
    November 4th, 2011 at 3:34 pm

Peyton Hillis is another reason why RB’s are so devalued in today’s NFL.

======================================

I think Hillis was actually a 7th round pick. You might want to ask Jamista Clown. That’s his team.

• SilverAndBlackBleeder

118.Just Fire Baby Says:
    November 4th, 2011 at 3:42 pm
    Raider Dell’s World Famous Blog Battle FFL is awesome.

Very competitive, lots of trash talk.

—————-

Ya’ll should kick out whoever comes in last and get me down next year. I’m in a few leagues every year for money. Didn’t think I would like it myself, but that ish is addicting……

• TheToozFan55

Well, let’s just play! this past two weeks has been torture after that horrible last game. i know everybody has a bad taste in their mouth and when bad games like that happen, everyone tends to become paranoid about winning the next game (including myself). It is a VERY important game, especially if the chargers somehow manage to beat green bay.

• alex7

Super Bowl winning RBs the last few years.

Ryan Grant, Pierre Thomas, Dominic Rhodes, Willie Parker, Brandon Jacobs, Antowain Smith.

.Makes it seem like a stud RB is cool to have, but the passing game is what wins you the big games.

• JB

Time for Bush to show he can be an elite starter on any NFL team. This is his opportunity to showcase his wares to the league – a preview of coming attractions in 2012 when he is a UFA. I also expect to see a heavy dose of TJones this Sunday. I’m hoping we are able to successfully run it down Denver’s throat with minimal passing. Something like run, run, run, TD pass. Repeat numerous times. This is an important day. We cannot get careless and look past Denver. We cannot play down to their level of competency. We simply need to send a strong message that the Raiders are now a force to be dealt with. I really would like a major blowout over Denver.

• http://www.tedhendricks.com/Ted_vs_Montana.jpg BigTed707

The Chiefs probably will beat the ‘fins.

They suck!

• TheToozFan55

silver and black. adrienne peterson is on a buy and felix jones won’t be playing. i dropped reece to pick up jones. i just need a fix for the week. there really isn’t anything decent left to pick up. i could get cadillac williams or isaac redmon from pitt. should i pick up one of those two instead?

• SilverAndBlackBleeder

127.JB Says:
    November 4th, 2011 at 3:47 pm

—————–

Agreed; anything less than a 3 score blowout (17 pts at least) is unacceptable. We’re better than they are at numerous phases of the game. Time for the bully to show up.

• SilverAndBlackBleeder

129.TheToozFan55 Says:
    November 4th, 2011 at 3:49 pm

—————–

If your waiver wire seems pretty empty, might as well run with Jones. It’s a gamble, but at least it’ll be a fun gamble to watch.

• LA to TheBay

SilverAndBlackBleeder
    ——–

With all due respect, I will accept a win by 1 point.

But I get what you mean. Would love to see us absolutely crush the Ornage Crush.

• TheToozFan55

Yeah JB. That’s what we need to restore confidence in the raider nation!

• Just Fire Baby

I think Hillis was actually a 7th round pick.

******************

3rd rounder by the Donkeys.

• TheToozFan55

yeah, i’m keeping him S&B. Picked up Housh, too, but i’m gonna see how he does before i play him.

• raidertay

Reece burned me on Fantasy Football. Im not going down that path again. Too many more options to get the rock b4 him (DMC and Bush).

• http://www.tedhendricks.com/Ted_vs_Montana.jpg BigTed707

I hope seaBass gets healthy. We are probably going to need him – especially considering our recent struggles in the “scoring area”.

• LA to TheBay

How bad have Denver’s roster decisions been the last 3, 4 years? Wow.

• alex7

Hillis 3rd round pick.

LeSean McCoy 2nd round.
    Fred Jackson undrafted.
    Frank Gore 3rd round.
    Arian Foster undrafted.
    Michael Turner 5th round.
    Matt Forte 2nd.
    Blount undrafted.
    Jones-Drew 2nd round.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

I think FF & Madden players, tend to think that real football rosters are as interchangeable as those games. Very superficial.

• SilverAndBlackBleeder

132.LA to TheBay Says:
    November 4th, 2011 at 3:50 pm
    SilverAndBlackBleeder
    ——–

With all due respect, I will accept a win by 1 point.

—————-

Yea, for our team and chance’s sake, hell a .5 pt margin would suffice. But I’m sure you know what I mean as far as evaluating our team’s “real deal” potential. Off a bye against one of the teams thats struggling the most. We gotta put it on ‘em…

• TheToozFan55

No lie, big ted. we need him!!!

• raidertay

Im trying to decide who to run as my Flex. Either Pierre Garcon v. ATL or Murray against a SEA team (who is actually pretty stout against the run).

• Seymour Bush

Just Fire Baby Says:
    November 4th, 2011 at 3:51 pm

I think Hillis was actually a 7th round pick.

******************

3rd rounder by the Donkeys.
    =======================================

7th rounder by the donks I am almost positive.

• raidertay

Id go with Redmon or Cadillac or even Reece before Id go with a gimpy Felix Jones.

• TheToozFan55

hmmmm……………according to my FFB league, murray is supposed to earn 7 points. i know all the leagues are different. i was wondering why they have him so low because i have him and am playing him.

• LA to TheBay

Vegas right. 3rd round. Pretty high for a FB.

• SilverAndBlackBleeder

140.KoolKell Says:
    November 4th, 2011 at 3:53 pm

————————

If, and I do mean IF one has knowledge of the game, FF can only build on that. Numbers don’t lie.

Madden on the other hand will have people thinking what goes on in the game, and rating wise applies to real life more often than not! Hence, the people saying cut Meyers and start Ausberry/Gordon in here all the time. Cracks me up. Meyers is the only guy who can stay on the field out of our TEs for consecutive games and knows our system, yet the rookies with playmaking ability and a decent “speed” rating should be the guys out there on the field regardless if they don’t know whats going on. Lol

• TheToozFan55

right, i’m not playing felix.

• raidertay

DMC and Seabass were both on there way to Hawaii this year until the injuries.