Raiders could face line juggling

By Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer
Tuesday, November 8th, 2011 at 3:37 pm in Oakland Raiders.

Right tackle Khalif Barnes (shoulder) and center Samson Satele (knee) were riding exercise bikes as the Raiders went through warmups and it remains to be seen if they’ll be ready to play Thursday night in San Diego.

Neither man went through the team walkthrough Monday.

If Barnes and Satele were unable to play, the offensive line would probably be Stephon Heyer at right tackle, Cooper Carlisle at right guard, Stefen Wisniewski at center, Joe Barksdale at left guard and Jared Veldheer at right tackle. Bruce Campbell, who has been playing both right guard and tackle of late, could be active after being inactive for the past three games.

Running back Darren McFadden was not present, and likely will be declared out Wednensday on the team’s injury report. Middle linebacker Rolando McClain was present, although it’s not known if he’ll get in any practice time. Also not practicing was free safety and nickel back Michael Huff, who remains in a walking boot to protect an injured ankle. Cornerback DeMarcus Van Dyke (hamstring) didn’t appear to be practicing, although Chimdi Chekwa (hamstring) was on the field.

Coach Hue Jackson and players are available following practice.

• Seymour Bush

333.zopi Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 6:44 pm
    The problem, my guess, is that Palmer is not that much better than Jason Campbell, and at least Soup can extend plays with his quickness. But, Palmer cost is considerably higher, not just the high draft choices but the salary cap hits he’ll bring.
    ===========================================

Your lst two statements completely contradict each other. lst you say Palmer is not that much better than Campbell, but yet his cost is considerably higher. Well, there is a reason Palmer’s cost is considerably higher. He is BETTER. Much better. You might not understand that, but certainly people in the NFL do. Let me just say, if we could auction JCampbell off right now, we would NOT get a lst rounder that he was initially chosen with. I would be surprised if we got anything higher than a 4th.

• BakoRaider661

The Raiders need to feed BUSH THE BALL..RUN THE BALL HUE dang it.

• RaiderLen

Seymour Bush Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 7:05 pm
    333.zopi Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 6:44 pm
    ===========================================

————————————-
    Thanks for responding, it saved me the trouble.

• raideredoutL.A.

Mcf20, my point was basically burn everybody involved then u mention wiz, like wtf?… yeah he went to penn st. but that dosen’t mean he’s involved. so u calling me out like that just makes u look like the dumb uh… u know what they say.

• 4.2 40

There calling for Paterno’s head on the Pa papers…The worst thing, other than the horrific acts allegedly committed by sandusky, is that of last week he was on the Penn state campus , lifting weights.The complicity of spanier and others is undeniable and reprehensible. The pa governed was on campus today and I would expect paternal and spanier to go. What a terrible way to end his remarkable career…

• edward teach

#346,

I don’t buy a lot of what Hue is selling, but I don’t buy your whole argument, either.

I think Hue brought TJ in here because he didn’t have anyone that could play the slot. He tried with some of the guys he had but they weren’t cutting it there. Watch some of the previous games if you can; it’s pretty obvious that we had a need there.

I don’t agree with you that Hue had to readjust the scheme for Palmer. If he was forced to adjust anything it was more than likely because McFadden was out. I think Jackson almost surely felt that Palmer could do more in the passing game than Campbell and may have adjusted some things because of what he thought was a greater capability at the position, but I certainly don’t think he adjusted anything because he thought he could do LESS, or that there were things Palmer couldn’t do. In fact, some of the rollouts he designed for Jason Campbell probably had as much to do with giving him that little extra time to pull the trigger as anything. Palmer doesn’t have that problem; he gets rid of the ball on time.

As far as “seeing the consequences that’s creating in the locker room”, you may have to elaborate. I’ve heard rumors and speculation, but nothing from any player about that.

Hue needs to get this team back on track, no doubt. There have been a lot of distractions and I don’t think it’s been handled all that well, but I think that in this case Hue addressed two distinct positions of need with the best players he could find. Looking around the league, it doesn’t appear that he could have found better players than he did.

• http://raiders.com The Return of Albert Bigelow Paine

PlunkforHOF Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 5:52 pm
    The Return of Albert Bigelow Paine Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 5:38 pm
    R8dercain Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 5:32 pm
    The Return Of Albert Bigelow Paine Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 5:29 pm
    Raiders 38, Chargers 28

Routt gets a pick 6 to seal the deal.
    ___________
    ok mr just took blogging to another level
    he just posted under sully that the raiders would lose.
    Now he puts on another sock an says they win.

Wow MR good one
    ——
    Proof that I’m not MR. I’ve always been positive about the Raiders. I’m much more of a kool-aid drinker than he is.

*********************************************

YOU ABSOLUTELY STATED YOU AND MR WERE THE SAME PERSON BEFORE YOU “RETIRED”
    ———
    That is not true. If you didn’t notice, someone was trolling my name. That was the reason for the retirement.

• VanHeathen

Post#356: Nice outlook teach.
    Hue has been giving an extraordinary set of obsticles to overcome in 1 season, loss of Al, JC and now DMac on the shelf for an unknown period…any 1 of these would be a challenge, but all 3 in succession is a tough draw…think he’s doin the best he can, and as angry as i was Sunday/Monday, I’ve got to move forward with MY team, the team i’ve spent my whole life supporting…
    If you aren’t “buying” what Hue’s selling, don’t know what to tell you, but I’M IN!
    Now let’s win Thursday Nite!

• qodrn

THE RAIDER PREDICTION BOARD
    Dedicated to the legacy of Al Davis
    Protected by the rally squirrel and Coliseum rodents

First: Ghostraider (exact score)
    Second: Sullivan44
    Third: Pretty Rick
    Fourth: Sullivan44
    Fifth: Fingers
    Sixth: Zymurge
    Honorable Mention: LA for PAIN
    Seventh: Noone…at all.
    Eighth: La Milicia Negra

antispy3 Raiders 27 Dischargers 24
    Blackmamba_20 Raiders #23 bolts #21
    Jesus Super Chokers 35 – Oakland 17 …
    Method To My Madness Raiders 24 Chargers 20
    R8RNAZ 31-28 oaktown
    Raider2DaHeart Chargers 38 Raiders 17
    Raiderjambo RAIDERS 28 sun deeego 24
    saladfingerz Raiders 9 49ers 17
    Thec07 Chargers 38 Raiders 17

• eastoaklandraider

Chuck B has to go he was garbage the first time around and he sucks now. An for all the hue bashers u guys dnt knw football offense is on the rise but we need new D coord. Nobody even gruden or madden never fixed our penalty problem.

• http://www.krunkphy.com krunkphy

KRUNKPHY – “Al Davis” (Prod. by KRUNKPHY) WOW!!!! RAIDER NATION!!! BEST TRACK EVER!!!!

• Pingback: scripture tattoos

• Pingback: interpretation des reves, signification des reves