McFadden not practicing once again

By Steve Corkran
Monday, November 14th, 2011 at 1:19 pm in Oakland Raiders.

Running back Darren McFadden was among a handful of players held out of practice today, as the Raiders returned to the field for the first time since their convincing victory over the San Diego Chargers.
McFadden has not practiced since he suffered a mid-foot sprain against the Kansas City Chiefs on Oct. 23. He missed all but a handful of plays in that game, as well as the games against the Denver Broncos on Oct. 30 and the Chargers last Thursday night.
Coach Hue Jackson hasn’t shed much on the severity of McFadden’s injury or the projected timeframe for his return to practice. Based on the fact there was no structural damage, according to Jackson, it is believed that McFadden suffered a Grade 1 sprain, which is the least severe of the three sprains.
On the bright side for McFadden and the Raiders, McFadden has three more practices before the Minnesota Vikings game Sunday. Therefore, he has plenty of time to get back on the field and into football shape.
He was on crutches the last time he was spotted at the team’s year-round facility, with his right foot in a protective boot.
The Raiders no doubt will take every precaution with McFadden, given they are in first place in the AFC West, with an edge on a playoff berth, and playing a Vikings team that is not among the league’s elite.
Also, Michael Bush has rushed for 352 yards in McFadden’s absence and added 130 yards receiving.

– Wide receiver Jacoby Ford (foot), defensive tackle Richard Seymour (unknown), safety Michael Huff (ankle), cornerbacks DeMarcus Van Dyke (hamstring) and Chris Johnson (hamstring) and middle linebacker Rolando McClain (ankle) are not practicing.

Follow me on Twitter: @corkonthenfl

• inonewordraider

PlunkforHOF Says:
    November 14th, 2011 at 4:14 pm
    The Texanz are damaged with Leinart instead of Schaub
    ____________________
    AFC powers remaining:
    Pitt-oline is suspect, old
    Balt-passing game is suspect
    NE- D is suspect, run game is suspect

tough stretch remaining for us felluz but we have all the pieces

• HairyBush

PlunkforHOF Says:
    November 14th, 2011 at 4:18 pm
    Just ordered pizza & wings for the game.. interested to see how AP does vs Pack LBs (who I think are excellent) and how well Ponder handles the pass rush (I think ours is better)

——————–
    best case scenario the pack injures AP just bad enough to miss next week.

• PlunkforHOF

best case scenario the pack injures AP just bad enough to miss next week.
    ******************************************

I am perfectly OK with this outcome

• daraider09

I sent it to @Mr_Wimbley96

• Silverandblack666

“John Jarndyce

And I like it in the rear!”

Really because I thought you liked Esther

• PlunkforHOF

• http://www.insidebayarea.com/raiders r8eray

I could see AP getting hit hard (blindsided) from Matthews…..concussion?

I sure hope so…

• HairyBush

love that Matthews fathead commercial, Funny stuff!

• PlunkforHOF

I hate all things Bronco and Teblow is nearing top of my list

• HairyBush

Tebow will be playing tight end in St.Louis in 2 years under Mcdaniels.

• inonewordraider

daraider09 Says:
    November 14th, 2011 at 4:22 pm
    I sent it to @Mr_Wimbley96

______________
    nice if he has a sack, i say it’s a result of the Blog!

• Silverandblack666

“If I hear one more time how Teblow is a winner in spite of his schitty play, I will puke”

I have never agreed with one sentence more in my life than that one.

• RaiderSean

@R8eray

Dude…wishing that one someone. Jeez. I kno you want to win.

Curry and McClain are really physical. AP will get his, but it’s about stacking the box and making Ponder beat us, which he cant.

• HairyBush

inonewordraider Says:
    November 14th, 2011 at 4:27 pm
    daraider09 Says:
    November 14th, 2011 at 4:22 pm
    I sent it to @Mr_Wimbley96

______________
    nice if he has a sack, i say it’s a result of the Blog!
    ——————–
    If that is the case we might as well start making sh*t up and get everyone pumped. I’ll start…Hey Seymour, Christian Ponder said your wife likes to be dry docked by the cast of Glee.

• PlunkforHOF

314… LMFAO

• edward teach

289.RaiderSean Says:
    November 14th, 2011 at 4:07 pm
    Guys, I agree Denarius has had trouble with punts. This is true. He’s a still a rookie tho. With WR routes and assignments, he’s far beyond his years.

Speed Kills- Al Davis

He’s not quite the disaster that Jonny Lee Higgins and Nick Miller are.

Give him time to develop a rhythm nation. The indoor stadium will give him confidence fielding.

Trust in Hue.

********************************************************

I hope you’re right. BTW, the Metrodome is about the darkest stadium I’ve ever been in. MLB players lose popups because of it, and because the inside of the roof is kind of a gray color.

Here’s hoping DMoore won’t have any issues.

• http://www.insidebayarea.com/raiders r8eray

Edward Teach Says:
    November 14th, 2011 at 4:32 pm
    289.RaiderSean Says:
    November 14th, 2011 at 4:07 pm

Speed Kills- Al Davis

He’s not quite the disaster that Jonny Lee Higgins and Nick Miller are.

Trust in Hue.

********************************************************

Here’s hoping DMoore won’t have any issues.

—————-

Moss and Carter never had issues…just sayin.

• M Lonetree

PlunkforHOF,

same for me goes with the Philly Emus Vick.

16-34 with 2 ints

in fact 28 of the other 30 teams playing this week had better than the 3.4 yards/pass accrued by Vick (the only lesser was Cassell hahahahahahahahahaha) against a horrible Az secondary.
    in fact 22 of the 30 teams had a better yards/rush than Vick had passing.

sch#t on the media darlings. sch#t on the church of Paterno. f#ck ‘em all.

• morilla

inonewordraider Says:
    November 14th, 2011 at 4:27 pm
    daraider09 Says:
    November 14th, 2011 at 4:22 pm
    I sent it to @Mr_Wimbley96
    ——–

Hahahha, nice!

• http://www.insidebayarea.com/raiders r8eray

I wonder if Rivers makes “c’mon man”

• John Jarndyce

John Jarndyce Says:
    November 14th, 2011 at 4:14 pm
    John Jarndyce Says:
    November 14th, 2011 at 4:02 pm
    HairyBush Says:
    November 14th, 2011 at 4:00 pm
    Anyone know if that band Raiderhed is still around? If so do they still make cd’s?

——–

And I like it in the rear!
    =========

I feel special. Someone is already trolling little old me. I must be popular! Its kind of silly trolling a gay dude, though. I do like it in the rear! It’s probably that Method guy. My little chocolate boyfriend playing tricks on me.

• PlunkforHOF

I wonder if Rivers makes “c’mon man”

************************************8

I will laugh like hell

• http://www.wasRaider75.com wasbanned

Raiders have what is shaping up to be a brutal stretch against the NFC North…

Raiders need 5 wins out of next 7 games to win this division, and only the Chiefs game looks to be a give me.

It will be a major accomplishment in my mind if this team finishes better than 8-8.

The Bills and Broncos loses will haunt this team just like the Arizona and Jacksonville games last season.

Hoping I’m wrong.

• raiderinparadise

not sure how the vikes are at all…. just seen highlights on jared allen and peterson all year. I know ponder showed some brass in his first playing time. more interested in them to see their defense … if we can score 27 to 31 I think we got a W locked

• HairyBush

Hoping I’m wrong.
    —————
    I think your wrong because this a different team.
    We have already beaten the Texans and Jets.
    I think we lose to Pack and Lions. That’s it, We win the rest.

• Gerard

Tim Tebow puts his pants on one leg at a time, just you and I, the only difference is when Tim Tebow puts his pants on in the morning…he wins football games.

• edward teach

Moss and Carter never had issues…just sayin.

********************************************************

Moss and Carter played for the Vikings for a long time, and the Metrodome was their home field. Denarious Moore has never played there, and he’s struggled a little bit as a punt returner.

Being a little concerned about that isn’t unreasonable.

• PlunkforHOF

I think we lose to Pack and Lions. That’s it, We win the rest.
    ***********************************************
    I think I heard today that Stafford hurt his hand

• Master Beeecham

That’s pretty funny that Brian the Genital is a blog nerd’s “little chocolate boyfriend”.

Guess that feminine figure of his – that his mom hysterically told him was like an NFL cornerback or wide receiver – finally paid off.

Hope you’re happy in love, Genital!

So I’m getting ready for my DJ set at the Ritz pool and this totally smoking Korean chick with fake knockers buys me a plate of curly fries and slips a Magnum in the dipping sauce.

Pretty soon we’re humping in one of the private cabanas, thankfully I dropped the extended remix of Brian Adams Run to You on the turntable before I got my swerve on.

MOS DEF ROSCOES FRIED CHICKEN MAD BISCUITS UP IN HERE

• alex7

Minnesota’s D looks suspect this year, compared to where it’s been before.

Gave up 20 or more points to the Chiefs, Bucs, Chargers, Lions, Bears (39), Packers, and Panthers.

O is averaging about 21 a game, so they’re fairly average.

Should be close with our haphazard run D.

• M Lonetree

Christian Ponder a 5 1/2 pt favorite over Carson Palmer? Bo.Dog had the Emus a 14 pt overdog against Az. guess again.

• alex7

lol Gerard.

Tebow’s a winner!

• PlunkforHOF

Fvck Teblow

• JR77

What I hope to see transpire in tonight’s game:

A. Triple OT
    B. Matthews lays a hit on AP that makes him tweak a knee, knocks him him out 3 weeks
    C. Jared Allen, in obvious retaliation for the AP hit, Dives at Aaron Rodgers Knee and knocks him out for 6 weeks
    D. Jared Allen gets suspended for next weeks game for dirty hit on Rodgers
    C. Roger Goodell also suspends Clay Matthews till after the Raiders game for initiating the dirty hits to set an example.

• Gerard

Tim Tebow doesn’t just win football games…he inspires a nation.

I can’t help but shed real tears whenever he runs for a first down.

…before everyone gets mad at me…i’m kidding.

• http://www.wasRaider75.com wasbanned

HairyBush Says:
    November 14th, 2011 at 4:44 pm

Hoping I’m wrong.
    —————
    I think your wrong because this a different team.
    We have already beaten the Texans and Jets.
    I think we lose to Pack and Lions. That’s it, We win the rest.
    ….
    Hope to see it shake out this way.

Maybe I’m just cynical because of the last several years.

This team can’t blow anymore winnable games this year.

The defense must play better over the next 5 weeks.
    1. Vikings
    2. Bears
    3. Dolphins
    4. Green Bay
    5. Detroit

wow…

• M Lonetree

PlunkforHOF,

Aaron Rodgers is the best player in the NFL. but if he goes down the Pack is toast.
    Detroit blew their wad. they are now pedestrian.
    Chitown is playing lights out but sans turnovers they walk the plank.
    Predicting the come what mays…just win baby

• http://www.insidebayarea.com/raiders r8eray

New Post!

• JR77

What I hope to see transpire in tonight’s game:

A. Triple OT
    B. Matthews lays a hit on AP that makes him tweak a knee, knocks him out 3 weeks
    D. Jared Allen gets suspended for next weeks game for dirty hit on Rodgers
    E.. Roger Goodell also suspends Clay Matthews till after the Raiders game for initiating the dirty hits to set an example.

forgot to add two more items on my curse list:

F. Ponder struggles, Mcnabb takes over and leads them to victory…named starter for Raiders game,
    G. Leslie Frazier gets fired midweek for losing locker room.

• mcfadden20.

Code black forever

• Blackmamba_20

Raider Mike latest vid from last game

Dude makes the best videos for the raiders, check him out !!

• Arturo_Vandelay

As great as D-mac is,Bush averaging over 5 yards a carry for 16 games with 2 runs for 40 instead of 1 for 80 and a TD beats D-Mac missing several games a year. No point in an expensive RB that may well not be playing by the time you make the playoffs. Taiwan looked like a good change of pace back. Bush will punish the defense and wear them down more than D-Mac. A tired and sore D will be a perfect target for Taiwan’s speed. I’d love to have both D-mac and Bush, but if we can have Bush and Taiwan for the same money as a TEAM it may be a better deal. I’ve watched that San Diego game three times and it was a smart victory won as a team effort. Bush’s pounding runs set up those long passes, and when Taiwan got to run it nobody seemed quick enough to stop him at the line.

Can’t afford everything so the Raiders need to get the most bang for the buck they can afford.

• Pingback: Raider Time Line: Darren McFadden’s Injury | Silver and Black Report

• Pingback: University Jobs