Raiders live chat today at noon

Can the first-place Raiders keep their momentum going this Sunday in Minnesota? Join Steve Corkran on Tuesday at noon as he fields Raiders questions during a live chat.

Jon Becker

• raiderinparadise

Bush is replacebale only IF we draft Jonas Gray RB from Notre Dame.

• ElkGRaider

Coaching staff seems to think because one guy is fat it makes him a better goal line runner. Total BS.
    ==================
    LMAO

• raiderinparadise

nah, but for real, I want Bush back!
    Hue always talks highly about Bush, trust me he will fight to re-structure DHB deal to get Bush.

• HayesDaze37

I have ONE problem with DMC…his health. He could be Jim Brown, or Bo Jackson, for that matter…if he’s not on the field, he’s not a football star for long.

DMC is a special (read: fast) talent…and a wonderful weapon to have. When he’s on the field. And when he’s not, the Raiders running game does not collapse. That’s because MBush29 is just as good as DMC, just different.

I wouldn’t at all be surprised if MBush29 and DMC have similar numbers even at the ends of their careers.

• HayesDaze37

Not much to restructure in DHB’s deal!

• Silverandblack666

Sandusky44

You are no longer allowed to use the word “WE: when reffing to the Raiders or our fab base!

Do I need to go back into Thursday nights posts and show you posting for the Chargers and saying this is where the Raiders melt down?

• DonManoukiansNeighbor

We need to trade for Chris Long from the Rams. That way we could have a Long Wiz.

• morilla

Sullivan44 Says:
    November 15th, 2011 at 2:30 pm
    HayesDaze37 Says:
    November 15th, 2011 at 2:13 pm

Al’s Mark is no dummy. If a shiny new stadium opportunity arises (his daddy’s dream), Mark will be interested…no matter where it’s at.

Sure, he’d be more interested in certain places over others, but there’s no way Mark isn’t looking at the LA stadium plans. A predominately private stadium concern would probably be able to deliver what they promise, too…as opposed to the politicians who screwed it all up in LA, and in Oakland twice.

Mark MUST listen to stadium plans, even if it means they’re outside the Bay Area…otherwise, he wouldn’t be doing his job. If the city of Oakland, if the East Bay, want to keep the Raiders, they need to get with the times. There are ways to get things done…and it takes bold strokes to do it…but, it’s time. The Raiders are going to get a new stadium. Somewhere.

…………….

Do you really think that the Raiders’ problems getting politicians, and, furthermore, voters in their corner had nothing to do with who the Raiders’ owner was?
    ———————

No matter what, you dont move the Raiders. That would be like moving the Packers orthe Cowboys. Moving them to LA was a mistake in itself. That’s where all the negative connotations stemmed from in regards to the fans and behavior. Yeah, the Raiders were looked at as the bad guys Pre-LA. But nothing close to what has become since. That town birthed the “Thug” Raider reputation.

The Raiders are Oakland.

• Twocents

I think the days of the Raiders getting a bright new billion dollar stadium are over.
    Not only is California broke, but the US has also squandered its wealth.
    If China wants professional football, then there might be a chance for Mark to make a move.

• Silverandblack666

Backs are a dime a dozen you never see them drafted that high anymore unless its a rare superstar like AP or DMAC.

We will draft a guy in the third round next year to replace Bush like we drafted 2 CB’s last year and the year before to replace Nnamdi.

• Dakota

Restructure DHB’s deal? DHB made all of his money in year 2…..when there was no salary cap. I think DHB has a pretty pedestrian payment schedule for his remaining years. DHB made like $22 million in 2010. Can’t get that money back.

• Dakota

308.DonManoukiansNeighbor Says:
    November 15th, 2011 at 2:40 pm
    ++++++++++

Lets go for Jake Long instead.

Man, Howie’s son has not lived up….did have his best game ever a few weeks ago though.

• raiderinparadise

Well we simply ask DHB for 500,000k for every dropped pass.

• Silverandblack666

“The Raiders are Oakland.”

To you me and our fan base yes they are.

But no one is doing anything here in the Bay Area to keep them here.

The only hope we have of them staying past their lease is if we share a stadium with the 9ers. If someone was building a stadium in the Bay Area right now I would see it differently but I doubt we renew our lease when it runs out in 2013.

So its either LA or Santa Clara.

• HayesDaze37

• Silverandblack666

DHB will make a little over 1 million next year. No reason to cut him at that price. Like Dakota said he already got paid.

• Silverandblack666

“How many drops does DHB have this year? How many do the other WR’s have?? DHB hasn’t been a problem.”

No he has not been a problem and he has played well this year but he is “Obviously” in Hues dog house right now.

• Dakota

Wimbley, Kelly, Routt, Huff and McClain should be the main targets for restructured deals. I think Kelly has already restructured. Wimbley and Huff are stealing.

Wimbley’s contract should have been cut in half when he let Teblow burn him late in the game on the same play he got us with in the first half.

Wimbley is a one-trick pony and a liability against the run….does not deserve that much money.

• RaiderRetribution

Raiders do not need Miami’s Long, Mr. Vehldeer is an excellent LT.

• Gerard

18.Sullivan44 Says:
    November 15th, 2011 at 10:32 am
    I think our players just need to realize that it’s ok to put their foot on an opponent’s throat. It’s ok to win. Really, guys, it is. There’s no law against winning football games. Your wife isn’t going to divorce you for winning a football game. It’s ok, really. You can beat the turd out of teams that you know you’re better than. I promise you guys, everything will be ok. It’s sports. That’s the object of the game. Some of these guys are just so used to losing, it’s almost as if they think it’s impolite to win.

I have to say, I agree 100% with the train of thought you are expresing with these posts.

I look at this team and think there i NO REASON we should have to worry about teams like Minnesota; on the road or not, and yet…i’m worried cuz of what i saw with Denver (twice), Cleveland (shoul’ve won going away) Jets, heck EVERY GAME including San Diego…should’ve dominated.

I too, i’m sick of still being worried when we’re up two TD’s. Finish it and add on. Nothing wrong with that.

• JT

1- Somebody mentioned Mat Millen as the GM in todays chat. Pray that it doesnt happen. He destroyed the lions for several years as a GM, bad picks. Some hated Al Davis as a GM now they are suggesting Mat Millen?

2- Whatever happens during the rest of the season, if raiders collapse or not, will determine McFadden status. If the raiders collapse, trade him for a 1st round pick, and sign Bush. By far a better decision personnel wise.

• JT, I heard Reggie Mckenzie, from Packers, is being interviewed for GM position. It would be great to hire someone from a team like the Packers who know what they are doing. Just think about it, the Raiders will be run like a real NFL franchise.

• Dakota

Matt Millen as our GM? I would rather have a homeless person fart in my face.

• Dakota

Palmer’s remaining contract is going to have to be dealt with too…..I know we lose Campbell’s $5 million off the books, and we also save money by not having a first rounder next year, but he makes a ton. Not sure who else is a FA other than Bush…..Branch?

• Blackmamba_20

did i just read that bush can QB protect??
    Lets say he hasnt quite mastered that yet

• JT

# Albert Bigelow Paine is your friend Says:
    November 15th, 2011 at 2:53 pm

That would be great. The packers have a top notch program. What about promoting one of the raiders current scouts or director of scouting. They know what type of player Al Davis liked.

• Master Beeecham

Brahs, I’m totally down with the Raiders moving the S&B party to Farmer’s Field.

I’ve already got my luxury box dialed in, they’re modifying the buffet table so I can mount the PARTYDUDE 8000 and it’s only a few block from Spearmint Rhino.

Talk about free livin on drinkin.

Hopefully the boys move out of that Alameda dump and bring the party to Downtown.

After hour pajama jammy jams at the Beeecham Bro Down Pad will go off. Already got 13 lbs of Cheetos in the pantry reserved for Cooper Carlisle.

Homeboy likes to get his nibble on, if you know what I’m saying WHUT WHUT

• Method To My Madness

315.Silverandblack666 Says:
    November 15th, 2011 at 2:47 pm
    “The Raiders are Oakland.”

To you me and our fan base yes they are.

But no one is doing anything here in the Bay Area to keep them here.

So its either LA or Santa Clara.

****************************

LA or Santa Clara wont happen….Santa Clara aint gonna have a damn thing trust that and LA wont happen for the Raiders…NFL dont want themthere and the LA city officials not gonna do with schit again cuz you know what ruthless fools gonna hit that up since its in the middle of LA

• Method To My Madness

329.Master Beeecham Says:
    November 15th, 2011 at 3:00 pm

Talk about free livin on drinkin.

Homeboy likes to get his nibble on, if you know what I’m saying WHUT WHUT

*****************

Dump? Look btch…that is their home…all the stuff built up here that you cats copy comes from up North….you want a fake rendition of the Raiders….get your own identity btch. no tailgating just bunch of plastic fake hollywood coked out dummies where 80 pct of the crowd doesnt know schit……no way and fk the LA Raiders

• Dakota

328.JT Says:
    November 15th, 2011 at 2:59 pm

++++++++++++

Why would we want someone to come in and look for the same players Al looked for? Has that worked in the past 27-28 years?

• DeuceDeuce

What up fellas?..

• As much as I don’t like Brien, I would love to see him beat the crap out of Beeecham. Afterwards, I would call the cops and rat him out.

• Method To My Madness

Home= place of origin…..guess what’s home? Oakland for the Raiders….although LA has some cats who dig the Raiders LA iant their home. There isnt a special connection with that venue…..Rams are LA’s real team but you can settle for being bored watching the Chargers on sundays

• Method To My Madness

334.Albert Bigelow Paine is your friend Says:
    November 15th, 2011 at 3:05 pm

************************

Wimpelow, shut up you punk…all summer you talked as if you were gonna meet me at the game nov 6th…your punk ass wont show…bloggers met me…you?

• RaiderSean

Re-Post

This is where the versatility of Marcel Reece pays off in a game like today. I expect to see Rock a couple plays on offense. Marcel watchin one eye on Allen and the other one Carson will help pocket protection.

Then there’s this:

That puts the onus for improvement squarely on cornerback Cedric Griffin, whose comeback from a second reconstructive knee surgery – he has torn the anterior cruciate ligament in each leg – has been a struggle. He hasn’t missed any time, but his production and ability to stick with opposing top receivers has been spotty.

Source

Make what you will out of it, Chris Cook is not in the plans of the team, there best corner isn’t playing. I’d like to see Denarius gets some touches. I can see a reverse or two. He’ll blow by Cedric Griffin, it’s a matchup to take advantage. Our speed is a great asset, here, so is our muscle.

Minny’s OLine is flaky. Johnson does not do a sufficient job protecting the blindside of Minnesota’s quarterbacks. More often than not it is his frame standing over his fallen quarterback as he allows another sack, Hutchinson isn’t the force he was. Herrera go on and on. Houston and Bryant should have a sack a piece.

• Silverandblack666

B@uce since there is nothing on the table right now to keep us here when the lease expires what do you think is going to happen?

• Method To My Madness

333.DeuceDeuce Says:
    November 15th, 2011 at 3:04 pm
    What up fellas?..

**************************

Tuesday….practice and all….hope gameplan for Sunday is roughly the same as the SD game….should be blueprint for season

• Method To My Madness Says:
    November 15th, 2011 at 3:06 pm
    334.Albert Bigelow Paine is your friend Says:
    November 15th, 2011 at 3:05 pm

************************

————
    I’m not stupid. Why would I want to go to jail and ruin what was a good time? Some of us have brains.

• Method To My Madness

338.Silverandblack666 Says:
    November 15th, 2011 at 3:07 pm

***************************

Lease will be extended cuz LA wont have schit up by then and Santa Clara just wont happen

Plus the NFL good ole boy network aint letting Roski or the AEG guys get a team in LA so easily….trust that

• Master Beeecham

Calm down, Brian the Genital.

You don’t have to get your pretty pink panties in a bunch because I insulted a wack football stadium and your brother is a lousy community college wannabee.

The Raiders belong Downtown next to the Jewel of California, the Lake Show.

All day, all night, we keep the party rocking till the break of dawn (new lyrics off my upcoming solo album Wrecks N Effect).

• DeuceDeuce

• JT

# Dakota Says:
    November 15th, 2011 at 3:03 pm

328.JT Says:
    November 15th, 2011 at 2:59 pm

++++++++++++

I read that Al Davis overlooked the recommendations of the raider scouts many times. So who knows.

• MR….its a good time for the whole blog to know I stomped your face in…you wouldnt go to jail…you going to ICU patna
    ————
    I’m not MR. But, I would have destroyed you in a fight. It would have been kind of fun to embarrass you in front of your homies.

• Twocents

I love McFadden (smart and tough) but admit that he has “weak” feet. I would not trade him though. I want to see how he is utilized in the “Palmer era”.

• fingers

The ” Oakland Raiders”…….. Fk L.A…..

• Master Beeecham

Albert Puss you’re obviously dying for an invite to my new luxury box at Farmer’s Field.

Tell you what, if your mom signs a permission slip and you can give proof of income (a pay stub from Shakey’s will do), I’ll let you serve meatball sliders in my box at the Raider’s home opener.

But keep your sweaty digits off the PARTYDUDE 8000. That’s man’s game right there, son.

• People are still drawing up Raider stadium scenarios overlooking that management has changed drastically. Everything’s different now. Mark Davis is not Al Davis. This completely hits the reset button on the Raiders’ stadium debate. It changes everything. And I think a lot of bay area investors and politicians might open up to the Raiders now. If they do, Mark will stay in Oakland.

• …..Rams are LA’s real team
    ================================
    Wrong, they got them from Cleveland. lmfao