CB Chekwa placed on injured reserve, done for season

The Raiders placed rookie cornerback Chimdi Chekwa on the injured-reserve list today. That means he is through for the season as a result of a hamstring injury that lingered for most of the season.
The Raiders signed second-year cornerback Bryan McCann to take Chekwa’s place on the 53-man roster. McCann worked out for the Raiders on Monday and made enough of an impression to earn a call back today.
McCann, 24, played in nine games for the Dallas Cowboys in 2010 and two this season. Most recently, he was with the Baltimore Ravens, where he appeared in three games this season.
The highlight of McCann’s brief NFL career came last season, when he intercepted a pass and returned it 101 yards for a touchdown.
Chekwa played in Oakland’s first four games, including a start against the New England Patriots. He suffered a hamstring injury against the Patriots that he never recovered from.

Follow me on Twitter: @corkonthenfl

Steve Corkran

• LA to TheBay

Punt Returner, reserve CB?

• Method To My Madness

Damn…can we put MR’s post on IR forever?

135.BayAreaFags Says:
    November 17th, 2011 at 11:53 am
    When you feel you have to go to another teams board, to point to a comment a simple fan made, it means you feel you need help.
    Of course rich people buy bigger blocks.
    I replied the Niners are not buying up tickets, that the fans sell out the stadium.
    You just proved my case.
    Thank you.
    Now go take your meds.
    *****************************

Um the other teams board was relevant becuz you said Raiders had most badnwagon fans in NFL….i countered and said the niners and then showed you what niner season ticket holders were saying. PEDOchet just like onthat same site I showed you where one ofthe members of that site proved Al Davis was responsible for the 49ers success…funny thing is when Al died the York/Debartilo family seconded what I said

That board isthe biggest 49er board on the internet so it was quite relevant

And by you admitting richer people buy up bigger blocks just adds more points for the B@uce. Those empty seats you see at Candlebtch is exact proof of that! Those rich fks give tix away and if no one wants them…no biggie to them…anyone who lives up here knows this. and those same rich people bought season tickets wayt in advance becuz they thought niners would win forever and when they didnt show they were elite all you saw was orange seats in SF….so again you lose lol

My meds are Don Julio and Fat Tire while yours is listening to Modest Mouse and watching re-runs of the Care Bears

• Carl Weathers

Lito, Lito, Lito!!!

• El Tato

Bad luck, injured most of training camp, now to IR. He seems like a good player

Dear Chewy,

Get Well Soon! See you in May for OTA’s

• hwnrdr

A 101 INT return from an Eli Manning pass does good for me! He’s probably hungry because he was cut due to injuries at wr! Sorry, waived!
    Welcome to the Nation!

• Carl Weathers

I don’t recall ever seeing so many guys go down in a season. It’s happening all over the league! People can blame the strike but they still had a full camp.

• LA to TheBay

McCann averaged 20 yards a pop on PRs last year.

***

good enough to be the 5th CB on the roster imo

Routt, CJ37, DVD, Sheppard, McCann (in that order)

• hwnrdr

I believe they were blaming all of this on not having OTA’s and mini camps! Still…

• Blackmamba_20

“Routt, CJ37, DVD, Sheppard, McCann (in that order)”

i don’t dog on any raider for no reason, i commend dudes trying to play hurt and anyone on the field has my full support, but CJ is not good…Id have Lito in a second, just look at the body of work its not even close

• JB

Well, we will certainly have a gang of CB’s to choose from next training camp. I guess that’s a good thing.

I’ve followed the Raiders for the last 47 years and can’t ever remember a season like this with all these player additions and subtractions during the active season. You have to have a program to know who is who.

• Carl Weathers

RRS, why so much love for CJ37?? What has he done since he played well enough to replace D.Hall?? The guy gets burnt time and time again, not to mention the penalties.

11.hwnrdr Says:
    November 17th, 2011 at 1:07 pm

******************

I still cant believe its not butter!

• Carl Weathers

Madness, what the hell is Fat Tire?

• LA to TheBay

Carl Weathers Says:
    November 17th, 2011 at 1:11 pm
    Madness, what the hell is Fat Tire?

———–

Beer. Good beer.

• Carl Weathers

Mmmmmmmmm, beer.

• raiderjhawk

Okay, just traded M Lynch straight up for Carson Palmer since Brees is on a bye this week.

Come on Carson Bomber! Score me some points this Sunday! THE HOT CARLS gots to continue DOMINATING fools !

What up B@uce?

• hwnrdr

Love good beer!

• JB

Carl Weathers Says:
    November 17th, 2011 at 1:11 pm

Madness, what the hell is Fat Tire?
    *********************

Possibly one that is over-round. Or, a tire that has it’s own spare tire built in.

***

CW,

he’s a good player when he’s healthy. Unfortunately, it seems like he’s always “nicked”

• DIRT-LOT FOOTBALL

FAT TIRE IS GREAT BEER..

16.Carl Weathers Says:
    November 17th, 2011 at 1:11 pm
    Madness, what the hell is Fat Tire?

***********************

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

19.raiderjhawk Says:
    November 17th, 2011 at 1:15 pm

What up B@uce?

********************

Sup mayne!

Rough one for KU last night

beer is for wimps.

give me ice tea, coffee or just water

I can deal with whatever comes my way. no need for alcohol

• RaiderRetribution

with Mr. McCann returning punts, that would allow for Mr. Moore to focus on recieving skills, only one word to say about that….
    Wow!

26.RaiderRockstar Says:
    November 17th, 2011 at 1:22 pm
    beer is for wimps.

give me ice tea, coffee or just water

I can deal with whatever comes my way. no need for alcohol

*******************

LOL good ole RRS way to bring the mood down

• Method To My Madness

Coffee sux it give ya the runs as if you are watching Gradkowski complete a 15 yard out route

Ice Tea=soft guy’s drinks

Water=awesome

what up ROG?

Tonga gonna wrap up that knee and clobber some guys in purple dresses this Sunday or what?

we need him to block since Reece is such a factor in the receiving game – obviously

• raiderjhawk

Wait, what? Mccann is returning punts?

33.RaiderRockstar Says:
    November 17th, 2011 at 1:28 pm
    what up ROG?

****************

I hope he plays…Reece is Mr Mouse Balls when run blocking

how about Gatoraide or Poweraid?

shoot. even Kool-Aid (shout out to my boy Jhill!)

beer is for fat guys with no life or chicks with daddy issues. print that

back 2 work

later gents!

• lefty12

Fat Tire is decent,but I wouldn’t necessarily call it good beer,although it is much better than typical American swill(Bud,Coors,etc).

• raiderjhawk

what the heck, none of my posts are posting?

• Chris in NY

I think we’ve gotta jump all over the Minne-Ha-Ha in this one. Take that crowd right out of it. Take the air out of their sails. Put doubt in their minds.

Big dose of Taiwan Jones on that fast track this week. And early. Let’s seize the lead with TJ, then unleash MB on them once they’re demoralized.

• hwnrdr

36.RaiderRockstar Says:
    November 17th, 2011 at 1:29 pm
    how about Gatoraide or Poweraid?

shoot. even Kool-Aid (shout out to my boy Jhill!)

beer is for fat guys with no life or chicks with daddy issues. print that

Ok, hey now…LOL

• raiderjhawk

that one did…?

• Blackmamba_20

beer is for fat guys with no life or chicks with daddy issues. print that

Oh dear… Have a bad experience or something?

Nothing like a good grog session !!

• Blackmamba_20

grooooog

• DIRT-LOT FOOTBALL

DAMN,2 MUCH GROG LAST NIGHT.MY HEAD HURTS.

36.RaiderRockstar Says:
    November 17th, 2011 at 1:29 pm
    how about Gatoraide or Poweraid?

shoot. even Kool-Aid (shout out to my boy Jhill!)

beer is for fat guys with no life or chicks with daddy issues. print that

********************

oh really? beer is for real men….living in podunk is for people that cant make it in a bigger area and want to live in places not diverse due to their closet issues….is that fair?

B@uce drinks much beer and loves his life….maybe you shouldnt hang out with local yokel inbreds in your town and get out more often

• http://www.insidebayarea.com/raiders r8eray

McCann ran 4.28?

• http://repealitnow.org MistaBrown

KK Munster likes a big tall glass of prune juice to get things moving!

Where is the lump ?

• http://repealitnow.org MistaBrown

He cann
    ___

r8eray Says:
    November 17th, 2011 at 1:44 pm

McCann ran 4.28?

• Blackmamba_20

B@uce drinks much beer and loves his life

Mamba drinks reguarly, and so do all his mates.. Good times on a weekly basis.. it also aids in getting a leg over for those ones you not quite sure about sober..