Report: Cutler has broken thumb

By Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer
Sunday, November 20th, 2011 at 6:49 pm in Oakland Raiders.

Still worked up over a few too many penalties? Relax. Things keep breaking right for the Raiders.

It looks like Jay Cutler, the quarterback for the Chicago Bears and the Raiders next opponent, may have a broken thumb on his throwing hand.

That’s what Profootballtalk.com, via Jay Glazer, is reporting. Can’t remember the last time Glazer had an outright whiff on a story.

Cutler is the only Bears quarterback to throw a pass this year. His backup is four-year veteran Caleb Hanie.

UPDATE: The Chicago Tribune is reporting Cutler will be out six to eight weeks.

• The Big Banana

I think for me, it’s more about what our defense looks like when McClain is not on the field. The way he has out guys lined up in the right position to be specific.

__________________________________

I agree. Our D is better with him in the lineup, no question.

• CanuckRaider

Actually, I saw Carson look at hooks and slants that were well covered a few times. Caused a couple of sacks.

• DMAC

Chris in NY Says:
    November 21st, 2011 at 9:45 am

Marcel Reece did a solid job carrying the rock yesterday.
    =====

and blocking for once.

• http://www.raiderettes.com Sullivan44

For the record, the Raiders were only 4 points away from my prediction, and the Vikings only 3. Plus, I said the Raiders would have a commanding lead, and nearly blow it. I should get some kind of honorable mention for calling that. Thank you in advance.

• RaiderRetribution

#634

Safeties have been excellent this year:

Mr. Matt Giordano with three key interceptions; two in the red zone.

Mr. Michael Huff with key interceptions, sacks, plays almost every gane he has played, interception of his career against Houston.

Mr. Mike Mitchell has had solid plays every game, key plays at the end of a couple of games.

34mm & Tyvon & Huff each played a major role in the last play of the Houston game; Huff with the int, Branch going after Schaub, and both Branch & Mitchell being extra aggressive and intelligent know ing the Raiders only had ten players and not letting Houston realize it.

safeties have been excellent more often than they have been goofy

Mr. Tyvon Branch has had, interception and key plays at the end of two games.

• Chris in NY

raiderinparadise Says:
    November 21st, 2011 at 9:45 am
    I was happy for Chaz. He is a big re-zone threat. I think Palmer will get it going with him.

——————————–

I agree.

Palmer has the cojones to throw into tight coverage. Chaz is a huge target with great hands and a willingness to go get the ball. Seems like a good pairing.

• RaiderRetribution

Mr. Reece will be key to beating Chicago.

• Seymour Bush

DMAC Says:
    November 21st, 2011 at 9:21 am

I think McClain had a bad game. He is way inconsistant. One day he shows up, and sometimes you forget he even on the field.
    ======================================

McClain was horrible yesterday. Again. When Lito Sheppard a CB leads your team in tackles something is terribly terribly wrong.

• CanuckRaider

#654: You get one more hour of yard privileges this week.

• DMAC

We stop Forte and Hester on special teams and we win.
    nuff said!

• Seymour Bush

RaiderRetribution Says:
    November 21st, 2011 at 9:48 am

Mr. Reece will be key to beating Chicago.
    =====================================

Marcel Reece was absolutely outstanding. So was Tyvon. Again. And Jared Veldheer needs no accolades. His playing spoke for itself.

• mcfadden20.

Code black

• inonewordraider

with DMAC out so many games, is Jared V our MVP?

• raiderinparadise

Reece did do his thing very well. He can be a tailback at times in singleback.

We caught a huge break with the whole Cutler injury.

Good thing its a home game and against the bears … maybe espn will actually be forced to talk about the raiders being a playoff team instead of only talking about Al Davis’s death.

• Chris in NY

Yeah, I love our four safeties this year. Someone above was ragging on MM34 and how Giordano is negating him. I don’t think that’s accurate. Correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe Matt G is subbing for Huff, either due to Huff’s injury or in Nickel situations where Huff becomes the nickleback. MM34 backs up Branch, plays ST and is in some defensive packages.

Anyone know if that’s incorrect?

• CanuckRaider

Later Nation…Time for lunch then off to pay my car insurance.

• Seymour Bush

BTW, expect Cuntler to play.

• DMAC

Veldheer and Branch are my MVP’s so far

• J Hill

When was McClain horrible?

On the Ponder runs????

• Silverandblack666

Sandusky44

You are not allowed to refer to the Raiders team or its fan base as “WE”

You are not a fan you instead pull for every team we play and you have continually said in here during games “this is where the Raiders melt down”

Go back to the Penn State locker room and do what you do best (be a degenerate) and leave the blog for us real fans.

• Seymour Bush

Chris in NY Says:
    November 21st, 2011 at 9:51 am

Anyone know if that’s incorrect?
    ===================================

The Raider scheme is basically the safeties are interchangeable which is rather unique. That being said, the Raiders this year have used more of a strong, weak safety alignment. Mitchell has been really suspect in coverages which was the knock on him coming out of college. The Raiders have used him more like a LB close to the line of scrimmage. In other words, what you are saying is correct.

• Chris in NY

inonewordraider Says:
    November 21st, 2011 at 9:51 am
    with DMAC out so many games, is Jared V our MVP?

——————————-

Somebody posted a mid-season Raiders awards column the other day and I said the offensive MVP is a tie between DMC and the o-line. Don’t know if you can single out just Veldheer … though he’s certainly been playing great and at LT has the most weight on his shoulders.

But Wiz, Carlisle, Satele, Barnes and even Heyer and Barksdale have all been playing great all year long. Kudos to Wylie and Wiz I for establishing an elite force up front on offense.

p.s. – And one of my favorite guys, Bruce Campbell, isn’t even out there yet. I still say the kid has a bright future here though.

• DMAC

I wonder why Bush struggles in past protection? Dude has strength and size.

• J Hill

Someone above was ragging on MM34 and how Giordano is negating him.

——————————————————

After about the 3rd Ponder run, MM34 got less time. Branch slid down to the spot MM34 normally plays and Huff and Giordano were deep.

MM34 is getting every opportunity to play, but he is making some big mental errors. If you recall early in the game, MM34 delayed blitzed Ponder who ran right around him for a huge gain. Another play, MM34 bit hard on the screen play, ran right out of his spy responsiblity, and Ponder pulled it down and ran for another big gain.

• YoungAmerican

J Hill Says:
    November 21st, 2011 at 9:52 am

When was McClain horrible?

—————

The Kyle Rudolph 1-yard TD wouldn’t have looked so bad if McClain hadn’t been beaten on similar routes a few times earlier in the game.

But getting blown up on the AP TD because his pad level was too high (he was basically standing up when the FB got to him) was not a good look for him.

I like McClain. I wanted the Raiders to draft him. But he’s a frustrating player. Half the time he’s making a savvy play and running to the football, the other half he’s nowhere to be found.

The defense is much better with him on the field though, no question.

• Seymour Bush

J Hill Says:
    November 21st, 2011 at 9:52 am

When was McClain horrible?

On the Ponder runs????
    =================================

Name one play he made. Early in the game he repeatedly gets wiped out. He is continually late to the point, and then gets blocked out of the play taking other defenders with him. Did he make one or two tackles the entire game?? For an ILB? And they were running right at him? I think he defended one pass late in the game. That is not enough.

• Seymour Bush

DMAC Says:
    November 21st, 2011 at 9:56 am

I wonder why Bush struggles in past protection? Dude has strength and size.
    ===============================

Mike is terrible in protections. You would think three years in he would be better. He dips his head and defenders just matador him. That cannot go on. McFadden was just as bad early in his career. At that time I kept telling fans here, that’s why Fargas was out there.

• Carl Weathers

667.Seymour Bush Says:
    November 21st, 2011 at 9:51 am
    BTW, expect Cuntler to play.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

With a broken thumb on his throwing hand?

• mcfadden20.

Code Black alert : beware of the trolls

• raiderinparadise

True Bush allowed the hit from behind on carson against SD for pick when murphy was wide open.

• MikieG

raiderinparadise Says:
    November 21st, 2011 at 9:51 am

Reece did do his thing very well. He can be a tailback at times in singleback.

++++++++++++++++++++++++

First time in the history of the NFL where your starting Fullback is Faster than your Starting Tailback….

• MikieG

# inonewordraider Says:
    November 21st, 2011 at 9:26 am

all of a sudden Miami game not a gimme….
    ++++++++++++++

Its because guys like Reggie Bush give us fits..any back that can come out of the backfield, and catch passes matched up against our LB’s is a nightmare for us..
    See: Tomlinson, Sproles..et.al

• MikieG

Rule NUMERO UNO for the Bears game:

DO NOT KICK THE BALL TO DEVON HESTER!

Put your pride aside and:

DO NOT KICK THE BALL TO DEVON HESTER!

I know we got away with it a few years ago, but our Special Team coverage was wayy better back then compared to how it is now. We do not want this guy winning the game for the Bears like he has done singlehandedly about 18 times…The Bears will be on the ropes then suddenly bang, Touchdown Hester..I have seen it time and time again..I live in Illinois, all my friends are Bears Fans, I know the Bears as much as I known the Raiders and trust me, the Bears DARE you to swallow your pride and kick it to this kid..DONT BE FOOLED..Coffin Corner Punt this thing, and Jano..kick it out of the endzone or kick it out of bounds if you are feeling sore that day, but do not kick the f’n ball to Hester, he will make your Coverage look just plain stupid.

• Twinkle

#630 STFU!!!

• Twinkle

#683 we don’t have any choice.Seen Jano kick lately?We can’t afford the roster spot.Mr Hester will have every opportunity to hurt us.It’ll bring the ST’s up.Just like it did last time.

• http://Www.bullycains.com r8dercain

Mc Clain got blown up by the fullback on that AP touchdown run.
    But he had been playing well as of late

• Hagar the Horrible

Ravenaider..post 427:

You’re quite right about the change to a conservative approach once we have a lead coming into the 2nd half of the game. Hue becomes very predictable and he’s running the ball 90% of the time on first down. Ya, he has to mix it up and keep them guessing.

Perhaps he was still in shock, as many of us were, over some of the calls made by the refs. I’m sure the NFL’s frontman, called Commissioner, Fart face Roger Godell, will brush it over and probably fine Hue for speaking up. It’s the same old, same old, and that’s just another obstacle we have to overcome.

Yet, trying to over come a play that leads to our possession of the ball in the opponents side of the field, to a 15 yard penalty and an automatic first down for your opponent is totally insane. And, I’ll never under stand the call on Curry, hitting a tight end who just caught a pass, who was turning to run down the field for more yardage. If Curry doesn’t tackle him and he runs for a touchdown, does Curry go up to the Ref and says: “You have to bring the ball back to where he caught the ball, as I could have hit him and knocked him down, but then you may have thrown the flag that I had hit a defensive player?”

• Hagar the Horrible

Post 683, MikieG:

Good to see a sense of humor in explaining your point.

Point made! I’ll send an e-mail to Seabass.

• Hagar the Horrible

Seymour must be “more dinged up” than what Hue is claiming. Probably to force the opponent to game plan against him? On the few plays he was in…he actually wasn’t in. His body was on the field, but there was no
    surge, no pursuit, just a body on the field to comprise the eleven men on the field requirement.

I like Seymour, as most of us do, he brings experience and veteran leadership. Hope he ready against the Bears so that they feel his presence.

• GoodOle00

Raider Nation-Station
    NOW!~ 11-21-11: AMAZING RAIDERS DEFY INJURIES AND IMPLICATIONS
    Most teams would’ve caved. With depth and guile, Oakland has thrived…

=============

Moss out too? Getting thin at DE now…jeez man, this team has been dinged UP!

• Pistol9

Lets not get too confident, you know that someone who hasn’t done a thing on the field, when they get their chance sometime they go crazy and have a record setting performance.

• alzadoX

maybe Cutler is just afraid to play the beasts we have rushing the passer he knows we’re gonna kill his lame pass protectors and kill whoever is playing QB

• Pingback: (Tipsermk|Tipsermk)

• Pingback: keep belt awkward

• Pingback: PhyCox Soft Chews

• Pingback: persone net eleman alım işçi alım personel alım memurlar kamu personel

• Pingback: 280needcashnow