Raiders live chat Tuesday at noon

Jon Becker

• raiderinparadise

What we REALLY want to happen in Chargers/Broncos game:

INJURIES!!!

Rivers to get hurt and Tebow.

Leading to Billy Volek and Brady Quinn

LoL

• DKnight007

I think the Bolts will pull it out IF they run the ball with Tolbert and keep feeding it to him. Can’t rely on Cry Me a Rivers to throw the ball 35 times anymore this season.

Don’t know if the Dolts can contain Tebow and that mis direction spread option running game though.

• Hagar the Horrible

Post 48…Chris in NY: Good post and on point…period.

Post 49…Raiding Texas…good point about the 2nd half of the game…that was strickly on us. However, you can’t use that to whitewash or discard the Refs on the first opening series. Worst officiating in the history of the game. I’m sure, fart face, Roger Godell will not comment and it will be washed under the rug.

• DKnight007

100.Silverandblack666 Says:
    November 21st, 2011 at 11:53 am
    Ohioraider “Obviously” you have not read very many of his articles over the last few years.

We really don’t care what his obligation is he trashes the organization from top to bottom and is clearly a hater with a grudge that is seeking to cause harm with his poorly written articles.

You want to stand up for that kind of journalism like TMZ and that other crap out there fine but you will get no love in this blog.

^^^^^^^
    Exactly! Kamakazi is not a “journalist” either. Those don’t exist anymore!

• raiderinparadise

This Caleb Hanie guy played sharp in the NFC championship game last year, that and being that the raiders don’t play well at home this year make this another hard game, one that we WILL HAVE TO SCORE in the 4th quarter to win.

• RaidingTexas

Hmmm, Aig. OK, you got me on that one. I admit it. And I was probably quite inebriated at that point, explaining the memory loss.

But I wasn’t wrong with my observations on that play. I went back and reviewed to make sure I wasn’t completely off-base:

That was all Bush. And it was an ugly pass. LOL At least I can back up what I said that day.

Again, I was very happy with Palmer last two games. Quit turning yesterday’s squeaker into a JC vs CP argument. There was no reason to go there. I didn’t say sht about Palmer yesterday.

• RAIDERMAN99

Lots of commentary about Hue’s play calling.

I don’t have any problem whatsoever with the somewhat conservative, run clock/milk the lead, approach taken in the second half.

For the most part, I thought the play calling was very good. I thought the shovel pass was executed beautifully and was a great call. Saw some misdirection and delays not employed previously. Would have liked to see more passes to backs coming out of the backfield and screens, but overall I liked the game plan.

What I’m most surprised about – since this place is so busy second guessing the play calling – is not a single comment has been made about the play call that deserves to be second guessed.

Talking about the QB draw on 3rd down with no time outs left and only a few seconds remaining in the first half.

It’s a good thing Palmer scored or some heads around here would have really been exploding.

Gutsy call and it worked, but you’ve got to question the tactical soundness.

• HairyBush

• DKnight007

We need to see more passes and screens to the RB’s.

I also want to see Palmer go through his progressions and bit more do more pump fakes to keep those Bear LB’s off balance!

Hue also needs to use more and more play action.

I also want to see more running inside handoffs from the shotgun formation or at least more fakes.

• J Hill

——————————————————-

I had more of a problem with the QB sneak prior to that one. We can’t be doing that from 2 yds out.

• http://www.buffalobeast.com Sullivan44

Still curious about what you guys will feel about Hue after a win, if this is how you act after a loss?

• DKnight007

108.HairyBush Says:
    November 21st, 2011 at 12:03 pm

^^^^^^^
    Yep. It’s like where are the freakin LB’s and the safeties?

• DKnight007

111.Sullivan44 Says:
    November 21st, 2011 at 12:06 pm

^^^^^^^^
    The team still has to get better….plain and simple!

Hard to fathom the Raiders had a 27-7 lead, Adrian Peterson out of the game, Allen under control and the game squarely in the hands of Christian Ponder _ and then had to hold on by their fingernails.

- Jerry Mac

***

Not hard to fathom. Here’s what I said on Wednesday

“the Raiders always play down to the competition. It’s always a dogfight until the bitter end

I would LOVE to blow out the Viqueens, but it just isn’t going to happen.

As always, STUFF THE RUN = WIN THE GAME!”

• http://raiders.com The Real Albert Bigelow Paine

Deion is a POS Raider Hater. He is a clown and a fool…plain and simple!
    ———–
    Yeah, but he was completely praising the Raiders and kissing ass when they played last Thursday. He’s just a complete phony, that’ all. He has no integrity as an analyst.

• aig-raiders

———————-
    BS. That pass from CP3 went down the field for 7 yds and Bush went the rest into the endzone. That was the right read because the LB couldnt keep up with Bush. That wasnt like JC dumping off to DMAC for 2 yds and DMAC taking it 70 to the house like in Jax last year. Yet you’re whining about CP on that pass. What exactly was ugly about it? Lack of tight spiral? Who gives a fudge. The pass got there and it hit Bush on the proper side of his body to allow him to keep his momentum moving forward for the TD. I dont care if it was thrown under handed. You’re a loyal JC fan and you will never be happy with CP3. You know it and I know it.

Vikings had 23 rushes for 136 yards and a TD.

5.9 ypc

Result = win by 6 pts

• http://www.buffalobeast.com Sullivan44

Looking forward to Thursday. For the first time that I can recall the Thanksgiving serving of football will actually be good games, and worth watching. Hot turkey, hot teams.

• HairyBush

Hot turkey, hot teams
    ———————
    you have to admit that was pretty gay.

• raiderinparadise

OAK would get killed by any QB with good legs. Just send the WR deep in man coverage and let your Q run outside. Easy yards, easy execution.

The Chicago Tribune is reporting Cutler will be out six to eight weeks.

***

great news for the Raiders!

terrible news for my fantasy football team :(

• da trinity

Raiding Texas, ur an idiot and anyone else who thinks the Refs don’t call our games differently. I have NFL package, I watch every raider game, I also watch other games and there are calls we get called for that other teams don’t. For what ever reason maybe its reputation it something. So stop trying to act so smart, cuz your really sounding dumb bro

• http://www.buffalobeast.com Sullivan44

November 21st, 2011 at 11:27 am
    I hope the game is a sell out this weekend. Going to visit Ricky’s for teh first time and proudly wearing my #3 jersey.
    ———–

• HairyBush

This seabass thing is going to be an issue. Definate reason for concern. If he doesn’t get healthy it’s going to bite the Raiders in the ass.

• Raider-in-PA

Happy as hell with the win, but our propensity to squander big leads and let teams back in at the end of games is MAJOR concern!!

Gotta FINISH!!

Would’ve been nice to see Cuntler put out of the game by the Silver & Black instead of the Dolts… But its still good stuff!!

• aig-raiders

Oh by the way on post 116, the ball hit Bush one yard away from the first down marker with the LB 5 yds behind him. What exactly was so ugly about it?

• http://www.buffalobeast.com Sullivan44

HairyBush Says:
    November 21st, 2011 at 12:11 pm

Hot turkey, hot teams
    ———————
    you have to admit that was pretty gay.
    ————–
    Hot turkey, hot teams, hot cousin. Is that better?

• Silverandblack666

“Does anyone else’s blood boil when you see people like Tebow/Ponder escape the pocket and get big yardage? It drives me insane.”

• ohioraider

Silverandblack666 Says:
    November 21st, 2011 at 11:53 am

—————————————–
    I’m familiar with his reputation, but I’m only referring to today’s piece. Makes perfect sense.

• HairyBush

RaiderRockstar Says:
    November 21st, 2011 at 12:11 pm
    The Chicago Tribune is reporting Cutler will be out six to eight weeks.

———————-
    We may not get a break with penalties, But the injuries are definetley working in our favor.

• Silverandblack666

“Save your money. Ricky’s is a dump located in the worst part of the city, surrounded by hookers and dives. Place is so small you have to go outside to change your mind. They put up old smelly tents so you can sit around costco tables that are never level.”

Spoken like a true 49er fan missing his wine and cheese served on fancy table cloths covering tables that are level!

• http://www.buffalobeast.com Sullivan44

HairyBush Says:
    November 21st, 2011 at 12:13 pm

——–
    Like I said yesterday, it’s all on Hue, and his swelled head. Why risk further injury when we already had a competent replacement on the roster? It’s obvious Jano is not healthy. Only an idiot makes that decision.

• Raiders_83

Back in the day there was a boxer named “Marvelous Marvin Hagler”
    Dude was a terror, but he had problems with the judges, they did NOT like him. So he decided to gameplan to NEVER leave it in the judges hands. The rest is history…except for his last fight, he didn’t lose again (Bull$hit happened again)
    This is the menthod HueJax needs to take….
    NEVER let the Refs dictate the game, Call a T/O on Defense if we’re racking up 3-6 penalty flags.. have the team come over and get their head straight.

This team is on the edge..one complete game and we are dangerous..

Vledeer=MVP yesterday
    Allen no sacks, 0 Tackles 2 Assists

• aig-raiders

RaiderRockstar Says:
    November 21st, 2011 at 12:11 pm

The Chicago Tribune is reporting Cutler will be out six to eight weeks.

***

great news for the Raiders!

terrible news for my fantasy football team :(
    ———————
    I fear the Raiders will always play down/up to the level of competition. We almost allowed a rookie QB throwing 3 ints without AP to win yesterday. Tebow racked up almost 40 on us with wide open running lanes and WR’s for TDs. Chicago has a better pass defense than the Vikes imo. Will be a tough one for sure.

• Chris in NY

HairyBush Says:
    November 21st, 2011 at 12:03 pm

————————-

Aside from bogus penalties and other calls against us nothing has driven me more nuts in my life as a Raiders fan. Especially in 3rd and long situations.

You get the air-tight coverage. D-line collapses the pocket. And a mobile QB just takes off and gets a huge chunk of yardage. Elway used to kill us with his legs on 3rd down back in the day.

• RAIDERMAN99

# J Hill Says:
    November 21st, 2011 at 12:05 pm

——————————————————-

****************************************
    I didn’t like the QB sneak on 2nd down either, but that wasn’t as questionable as the sneak on 3rd with no time outs remaining.

If Palmer doesn’t score, we don’t get any points at all. There wasn’t going to be a FG attempt. The situation clearly called for a pass. Guess Hue was banking on the element of surprise. By the way, I think it was JFB’s boy ‘Savage’ that threw the key block to get Carson in. Would like to see that one again to be sure.

• kidseven

I’m arriving late, but has there been any discussion about Hue’s decision to run CP up the middle middle with 12 (or was it 8) seconds to go in the half and no timeouts?

If he doesn’t get in we end up without any points. You can say that Hue’s unpredictability works in his favor, but I’d argue he’s made several poor or unnecessarily risky decisions this season (please recall his NOT going for the FG a few games back, when it would have sealed the victory).

• http://www.buffalobeast.com Sullivan44

You can’t post, Oakgleen/666. You lost the bet, and should leave for the month, which was the deal. But, being a woman, you backed out. Now STFU, little girl.

• kidseven

No idea where the sunglassed-smile emoticon came from, but I’ll roll with it.

I didn’t expect to see Ponder throw for more yards & more TD’s than Carson Palmer.

everybody expected Minny to die if we took Peterson & Allen out of the game.

everybody expected Palmer to throw for 300 yards and 3 TD’s against the Vikings weak secondary. Didn’t expect Bush to rush for over 100+ versus Kevin Williams & crew

Kudos to Thec! He predicted Myers, Schilens & DHB would be huge factors in this game.

King Darrius is getting some confidence. I like what I’m seeing. Hope he’s ok after leaving the game injured

• raiderinparadise

Yeah someone needs to tell Sullivan44 to take his cok out the Hot Turkey, thats not how you stuff it 9er fan.

• kidseven

Ah, I see where on the same topic. Great minds and all that…

• http://www.buffalobeast.com Sullivan44

Seriously, how lucky can we be? We get three wins against teams who have lost their stars. The football gods must be feeling sorry for us. Can you imagine what the score would have been if the Vikings hadn’t lost their star RB?

***

AIG,

no doubt this will be the best start of Caleb Hanie’s career. I still think we can beat them if we shut down Forte & Barber

SD held them to 82 yards on 27 carries (3.03 ypc)

why can’t we ???

• HairyBush

Sullivan44 Says:
    November 21st, 2011 at 12:15 pm
    HairyBush Says:
    November 21st, 2011 at 12:13 pm

——–

——————–
    I’m not going to call Hue an idiot. I do think I would sign a replacement for Jano until he is 100%. If Hue believes he is going to the playoffs (and he does) why not get seabass healthy and help us win when we need him most? My only guess is Hue figures teams will do some things diffrently with a diffrent kicker playing for the Raiders. I.E. Not worrying about long distance field goals. I really don’t know what Hue’s logic is with this one. I’m sure Jano doesn’t want to have blocked kicks and kickoffs that look like pooch kicks on his resume lol

• gtown1_sj

I’m arriving late, but has there been any discussion about Hue’s decision to run CP up the middle middle with 12 (or was it seconds to go in the half and no timeouts?

—————————————————-
    If BresnaCRAP was any good we wouldn’t have needed that field goal. If you recall it was a 24-7 lead in the 3rd quarter, so if the defense would’ve adjusted to what the browns did the field goal was mute. Bresnacrap gets out-caoched every second half and the offense is starting to look as bad now too.

• bcz24

Heres the thing so many Raider fans cant wrap their heads around. The refs don’t manufacture penalties when the Raiders play. They call the penalties that occur, here is the fact though, the silver and black reputation for being the most penalized team eliminates any of the ‘reasonable doubt’ aspect and makes the refs call everything as they see it, where as with other teams these calls may slide. The interesting fact is, for years, while we lead the NFL in penalties, our opponents also lead in penalties. What I mean is if you add up the penalties against our opponents for the 16 game season they have damn near as many penalties as us. THAT is perfect evidence that the refs officiating Raider games call EVERYTHING to they see. Either way.

• LA to TheBay

Sullivan44 Says:
    November 21st, 2011 at 12:22 pm

———-

27-21.

Peterson could have fumbled three times in the second half.

What would the score be if we had our #1 WR and our start RB?

Football is football. People get hurt. GB won a SB with a skeleton crew last year.

• Cervantes

RaidingTexas Says:
    November 21st, 2011 at 11:11 am
    Score more than three points in 8 second half drives = comfortable win.

But hey, keep the goggles on and pretend like everything is perfect except for the officiating. I sure hope Hue knows better than you.

_______________________________________________

Hue made 2 very important comments.

1. He defended his team after some very bad calls and really a season of them. I’ve never seen a PI overturned like happened to Jacoby against NE. Never seen a team have 4 Personal Fouls, certainly not 2 on the same drive. Every week we get some ridiculous call against us…usually on 3rd down…usually on defense. These things make a difference. If it’s us against the world now his team knows which side he’s on. They backed him after the donkey debacle with 2 road wins…now he’s doing the same, galvanizing his locker room and will take a fine for them.

That’s a good leader of men.

2. He also said that the 4th quarter drought for 5 games is his fault and that he will make sure it gets fixed.

Hue may be a rookie HC. Prone to his own mistakes and knowing when to be aggressive, when to dial it back.

But one thing he is, is accountable.

Every man can appreciate that.

This is the type of coach that men love playing for.

I for one am glad we have him.

• gtown1_sj

AIG,

SD held them to 82 yards on 27 carries (3.03 ypc)

why can’t we ???
    ———————————————–
    Answer – Bresnacrap game plan will make hanie look like Brady..