Former Raiders DT McGlockton passes away

By Steve Corkran
Wednesday, November 30th, 2011 at 10:27 am in Oakland Raiders.

Former Raiders defensive tackle Chester McGlockton passed away Wednesday, the team confirmed. He was 42.
“The thoughts and prayers of the Raider Nation are with the McGlockton family during this difficult time,” Raiders chief executive Amy Trask said in a statement released by the team
McGlockton was selected in the first round of the 1992 NFL draft and spent his first six NFL seasons with the Raiders. He also played with the Denver Broncos, Kansas City Chiefs and New York Jets during a career that spanned 12 seasons.
McGlockton returned to the Bay Area once his football career ended. He spent the past two seasons on Stanford’s coaching staff, working under former Raiders coaches Jim Harbaugh and David Shaw.
“It is with great sorrow I acknowledge the death of one of my best friends in the world, Chester Mcglockton,” long-time Raiders wide receiver Tim Brown said via Twitter.
McGlockton was a four-time Pro Bowl player during his Raiders career.

Follow me on Twitter: @corkonthenfl

• Dstomp

boom

• inonewordraider

RIP

• inonewordraider

pour out a little liquor

• LA to TheBay

Sacking QBs in the sky baby!

• LA to TheBay

DMAC Says:
    November 30th, 2011 at 10:26 am
    The ultimate diss song goes to Pac – hit em up

————

Easily.

Pac always came straight from the gut.

• SC

One of my all-time favorites I watched here in LA. He was the second coming of Howie Long!

RIP brother!

• SilverAndBlackBleeder

repeat post

1092.SilverAndBlackBleeder Says:
    November 30th, 2011 at 10:28 am
    Pretty Rick Says:
    November 30th, 2011 at 10:17 am

Canibus vs LL,, first battle LL lost, but popularity caused him to be the proclaimed winner.
    2nd round KO,,No Vaseline,,Dollars n Sense,,Bridge is Over,, maybe the best diss songs ever.
    ======

Kurupt – calling out names

————

Jay’s Takeover is on the top of my list…..not only was it a great diss track, it was a great diss track against one of the realest lyricists ever and even Nas himself had to be like “damn, he got me” Lol, not to mention the shots he took at Mobb Deep too. He pretty much destroyed the whole project of Queensbridge in 5 minutes, essentially giving it “Bridge is Over” part 2 status….

Plus Kanye killed that track! One of his best beats in the early era of his career….

• fingers

R.I.P. McG……

Raiders for life…

• DMAC

Thanx for the late azz newz

• SilverAndBlackBleeder

Do not bark up that tree/ that tree will fall on you/ I don’t know why your advisors ain’t forewarn you/

whooooooooooooooo!!!! My ninja is killin’ it on there….

• DMAC

DMAC Says:
    November 30th, 2011 at 10:30 am

Rick,

Kurupt had some heat back in the dayz. Dude fell off now.

Dogg Pound – Dogg food

Is one of my favorite albums. Its a fk’n classic.
    You let the whole CD play w/ out skipping a track.

• http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Davis The Realist Dirty Raccoon

R.I.P. Chester McGlockton.

• hwnrdr

Hit Em Up not only dissed Biggie, but the whole Bad Boy itself as well as the whole East Coast… “Little Kim, don’t F around with real G’s or we’ll snatch your ugly a** off the streets! So F Peace!” ~~ Classic!

• Pretty Rick

Uh since we’ve talked about Chesters passing an hr ago is this considered a new post?

• inonewordraider

Dogg Pound – Dogg food

_____________
    streetz is a mutha is fire too. Possibly my favorite track on the original Chronic album is “for all my bitc#es and my nig#a$” where it’s mostly just Kurupt killin it. “I’m raw like new footage, I’m rugged like a bf goodrich, throw your set up and get your hood lynched”

• irishraiderfan

Rip big Chester, growing up watching the Silver and Black you were a beast in the middle

• LA to TheBay

hwnrdr Says:
    November 30th, 2011 at 10:36 am

——–

Pac topped himself on that twice.

Fk All Yall

and

Fk the World

Pac diss tracks against the everyone and the whole planet, mayne!

• LA to TheBay

Kastro: “If the world was a girl, stick my dk in the ground, fk the world!”

• Pretty Rick

Hit em up was so personal I just knew somebody was gona take it a step further than what it needed to go.

• http://InsidetheOaklandRaiders Goldie7

Rest In Peace Chester McGlockton. My prayers and condolences are sent to the McGlockton family. Rest In peace Man.

• ElkGRaider

Any word yet on Run DMC? Back on the field “jogging”?

• DMAC

E40 – record haters

“Whats that n*** name…. Rasheed Wallace!”

• DMAC

What up Goldie
    Hope everything is good w/ you

• John David Booty

SilverAndBlackBleeder Says:
    November 30th, 2011 at 10:29 am

repeat post

1092.SilverAndBlackBleeder Says:
    November 30th, 2011 at 10:28 am
    Pretty Rick Says:
    November 30th, 2011 at 10:17 am

======

Kurupt – calling out names

————

___________________________________________________
    I know the majority thinks Nas won, but I think its just because they like the Ether beat. I was disappointed in Nas’ weak disses, they seemes immature and elementary. Go line for line, and between Takeover, Super Ugly, Blueprint2 track, and the fact that Jay is way more accomplished in his career, I dont think that battle was even close.

To take it a step further, Nas NEVER owned his own sh#t. And to add further insult, at this stage in his career, Nas just signed UNDER Kanye, who was UNDER Jay.

Youll be hard pressed to find a bigger Nas fan than me, but bias aside, he lost that battle. On wax, and in life.

• Pretty Rick

Roxanne Shante vs UTFO
    For those who grew up in the 80s

• inonewordraider

Jay’s Takeover is on the top of my list
    ____________
    awww man you think he topped nas? ether best diss record in my opinion. I mean “foxxy had you hott cuz you kept your face in her pu$$ now you think your gettin girls now cuz of your looks”

• John David Booty

DMAC Says:
    November 30th, 2011 at 10:41 am

E40 – record haters

“Whats that n*** name…. Rasheed Wallace!”
    ___________________________________________________
    Man, used to love that record. I was just disappointed that 40 didnt dedicate one single bar to that big white spot on the back of Rasheeds head.

• bcz24

“…My 44 make sure ALL of y’all kids don’t grow”

Hit ‘em up is the kill shot.

Em’s battles (slayings really) of ICP are pretty good too

Anyone remember when they had blaze battles on HBO? That sh1t was hot.

• DMAC

John David Booty Says:
    November 30th, 2011 at 10:42 am

DMAC Says:
    November 30th, 2011 at 10:41 am

E40 – record haters

“Whats that n*** name…. Rasheed Wallace!”
    ___________________________________________________
    =======

hahaha
    Did he have that spot back in the dayz?

• ElkGRaider

==============================
    Cmon now. Nas never pushed commercial…

• LA to TheBay

Nobody put down Fk w Dre Day?

• bcz24

Ether is a very close second to Hit em up for me

• inonewordraider

________________
    accomplished meaning made $ ok but there are mc’s that don’t make the radio that are much better than the ones that make the radio. Ever heard of Micah 9 or Aceyalone or Mystik Journeymen? I mean these guys lyrically will kill Jay Z. Jay Z is good loved the Reasonable Doubt album but no way he’s better than Nas, not even close

• Macho Man Randy Savage

Big Chester. During his early years he was one of the best Dlinemen in the NFL. Rest in Peace

• Dakota

1065.exlaraiderseasonticketholder Says:
    November 30th, 2011 at 9:52 am
    They can get rid of a big contract. Won’t count against the luxury tax but they have to pay the player. Kills a mistake deal.
    +++++++++++

Ron Artest? Or whatever his name is now….

• SilverAndBlackBleeder

24.John David Booty Says:
    November 30th, 2011 at 10:41 am
    SilverAndBlackBleeder Says:
    November 30th, 2011 at 10:29 am

————

___________________________________________________

——–

Exactly, well said JDB….Folks like to say that ’cause Jay was at the top of the game then and just like to pull for the underdog, and the fact that Ether came second in the battle helped it’s case too. If Takeover was the 2nd track, opinions might be different. Takeover is/was CLASSIC….Ether was very elementary and more clowning than dissing. Takeover basically took a #2 on Nas’ mid career struggles, and regardless of what cats say; it motivated him to make sure he didn’t put out any more crappy albums like Nastradamus!

• LA to TheBay

—————-

Nas has more talent in his chipped tooth than Jay Z has in his whole house.

Not even close, though I can appreciate your point in terms of the actual lyrics. But the track itself was laid out almost perfectly and Jay Z has the same tired flow in literally every song he ever did. Kind of like Scarface. It was ok the first time… but every track??

• mcfadden20.

Code black _ fvck Broncos , fvck Chargers ,fvck Niners , f chiefs n f pats n oh yah ef dolphins and packers … Oh yah you ain’t on my level I’ll let my little homies ..,

Code silver : get out the way get out the way to, Steelers just got dropped ..

Don’t know how the rest of the dis goes

But it’s the best diss song ever

• LA to TheBay

Any love for King T?

• inonewordraider

“I got this locked since 9 -1 I am the truest name a rapper that I aint influenced Gave y’all chapters but now I keep my eye on the Judas with Hawaain Sophie fame kept my eye on his music”

• http://www.raiderettes.com Sullivan44

Hit ‘em up was actually one of the worst diss songs ever, and it was really Tupac at his worst. The lyrics were wack. It was more of a rant than a song. Then end where he just starts threatening everyone is the low point of his career. It’s as if Brien wrote the song. The production was nice, a perfect sample of Don’t Look Any Further, but that was it. Outlawz were actually tighter on that song than Pac.

Best diss track ever was No Vasoline.

The whole song’s about Eazy E trying to be street while being a puppet of the establishment. Hey, like Brien!

• hwnrdr

“Woke up screaming F the World!” — One of my faves! Yup, Pac didn’t care! You crossed him, you got dissed!
    Anyways…did take a long time to report Chester’s passing! I wonder if Steve was waiting for it to be reported as fact? 42 is too young!

• http://www.raiderettes.com Sullivan44

I never had dinner with the Aryans

I never had dinner with the Aryans

I never had dinner with the Aryans…

lmfao..

• Pretty Rick

Dre Day was classic.
    Underground classic battle:
    Casual vs Saafir (Heiroglyfics vs Hobo Junction)

• mcfadden20.

Hey Steve , Any practice updates todAy?

• inonewordraider

yall nigga$ deal with emotions like bit#hes what’s sad is I love you your my brother you traded your soul for riches my child I watch you grow up to be famous now I smile like proud dad watching his only son that made it you seemed to be concerned with dissin women were you abused as a child scared to smile they call you ugly? well like is harsh hug me don’t reject me or make records that disrespect me blatant or indirectly

• SilverAndBlackBleeder

4 ablums in 10 years ninja/ I can divide / thats 1 in every lets say 2/ 2 of them sh!ts was doo/ 1 was enhhh/ that other was Illmatic/ thats a 1 hot album every 10 year average/ and that’s so laaaaaaaaaaaaaame…. Lol Killin’ him!!!!

• L.A. Raider Dave

@#4 LA to the Bay…..That cracked me up.

• http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXj7I1RzLSE&feature=related exlaraiderseasonticketholder

35.Dakota Says:
    November 30th, 2011 at 10:47 am
    1065.exlaraiderseasonticketholder Says:
    November 30th, 2011 at 9:52 am
    +++++++++++

Ron Artest? Or whatever his name is now….

—————————————
    Do an injury buy out of Walton, and cut
    Metta World Peace.

• hwnrdr

Eminem’s battle with ICP was classic and funny! I remember seeing an interview with ICP about that and they said, yeah right, like Em’s gonna kick our a**!