Jackson plans on serious talk with McClain

Middle linebacker Rolando McClain hasn’t been ruled out of Sunday’s game in Miami, but he can expect a serious conversation about his legal problems with head coach Hue Jackson.

“Here’s the bottom line. There’s a right way to do things and a wrong way to do things, and obviously there was something done wrong,’’ Jackson said following practice Friday. “So we’ll go and deal with that accordingly from there.’’

Jackson said McClain was not at the team facility but expected a face-to-face meeting in several hours. The Raiders boarded a charter for Miami following practice.

McClain was arrested and charged with third degree assault, reckless endangerment, meancing and discharging a firearm within city limits Wednesday in his hometown of Decatur, Ala., where he was attending the funeral of his grandfather.

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said the NFL will follow the legal process before making any determination on discipline for McClain.

“It will be reviewed under the league’s personal conduct policy we do not have an estimated timetable,’’ Aiello said in an e-mail Friday. “It is a legal matter and we will follow developments.’’

Decatur defense attorney Billy C. Burney told the Associated Press McClain did not fire a gun and gave the following statement: “Mr. McClain asserts his innocence. We are confident Mr. McClain will be cleared of all charges.’’

Jackson said he was not inclined to wait for either the NFL or the legal process before determining what was best for the Raiders.

“(I) have now gotten more information and can make a very informed decision on what I think is best for our team and I’ll do that in the next day or so,’’ Jackson said. “Obviously, there’s a situation that happened and I’ve had an opportunity to digest it all. The important thing is we focus on this game.

“I have 52 other players that are doing things the right way and doing things as I see they should be doing it and we’re getting ready to play a game. I will deal with Rolando when that time comes.’’

McClain was officially ruled as “questionable.’’ If McClain doesn’t play, Darryl Blackstock is next on the depth chart and would get playing time but defensive coordinator Chuck Bresnahan said there are other options in terms of aligments and packages if McClain doesn’t play.

Jackson said he is confident McClain’s issues will not be a distraction, and Raiders players echoed that sentiment.

“You can’t be affected by that,’’ quarterback Carson Palmer said. “You need to have your thoughts and prayers with he and his family at a tough time, but this team is 100 percent focused on the Miami Dolphins right now.’’

Said Raiders safety Tyvon Branch:

“We’ve got one game at the end of the week and that’s our focus for the week,’’ Branch said. “Whatever happens during that week, we have to channel that stuff out and take care of business on Sundays.’’

Although the accuser was not named by police, he was identified and quoted by the television station WAFF and the Decatur Daily news as Rishard Tapscott, 23.

McClain and Jerradius Willingham, who was charged with assault and released on a $500 bond, were high school basketball teammates Tapscott at Decatur High School.

In an interview with WAFF, Tapscott explained his side of the story.

“I went over there, it was basically like an ambush, like they set me up to fight, because as soon as I got there they all went outside and I was sitting in the house,’’ Tapscott said. “That’s when they came back in the house and they were like, `You’re going to have to fight, come back out and fight.’ I was like, `I ain’t fighting. I ain’t coming outside,’ and that’s when he came back in the house and assaulted me.’’

According to the police statement, Willingham initially fought with Tapscott, who then crawled to his car. It was at that point McClain allegedly put a gun to his head, with Tapscott begging for him not to shoot.

(Tapscott was referred to as the victim in the report, not by name).

It was then that McClain allegedly put a gun to his head, then pulled away and fired.

Jackson said he was disappointed McClain put himself in a bad situation.

“We’re not going to let one thing bring down what we’re accomplishing, by no stretch of the imagination,’’ Jackson said. “Am I disappointed? Yes, just like anything. You get disappointed in your kids. All these guys are like my sons. And when they make mistakes, there’s consequences and things you have to deal with.’’

Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer

• Just Fire Baby

The end of Heat was incredibly far-fethced and stupid.

• CanuckRaider

There’s a great Canadian bank robbery movie called “The Silent Partner” with Eliot Gould as a bank teller and Christopher Plummer as a psychopathic robber. Great plot twist in it. Pretty gritty too.

• Just Fire Baby

We’re 27th in the NFL against the rush. He aint irreplaceable.

***********************

We are better with him in the middle than without him.

Maybe if we had a better plan B I would be with you, but Blackstock is a fringe NFL player.

In case you forget, we haven’t made the playoffs in awhile. If to break that streak, we have to cuddle a gang-banger for a year, than so be it in my eyes.

• CanuckRaider

#402: The conversation between Pacino and DeNiro was classic though. That’s what I was referring to. Can’t remember the whole plot.
    Thanks to you too KK.

• Chris in NY

Had to go with UCLA +31 tonight. Haven’t even seen a UCLA game all year, but that number seems a little much. That’s the kind of line you’d expect to see Oregon get against some 1-9 type team.

Last time I recall following that logic of course was when Colorado was a 30+ point underdog in the Big 12 Championship game. They came out and got smoked like 70-0 to the Vince Young Texas Nat Championship team. The bright side on that one was that I realized how good that Texas team was and went super heavy on them in the championship game against USC.

• Gerard

379.ENGLANDRAIDER Says:
    December 2nd, 2011 at 4:28 pm
    371.MistaBrown Says:
    December 2nd, 2011 at 4:22 pm
    Carlitos Way, Snatch, Casino, The Departed
    _____

ENGLANDRAIDER Says:
    December 2nd, 2011 at 4:19 pm

Best gangster movie of all time was Goodfellas.
    Kind of realistic.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Casino was interesting what with a lot of it being true and all.

Yes it was. My dad grew up with Tony Spilotro (the gangster portrayed by Joe Pesci in Casino). Accurate in that Spilotro was 5’5 and so is Pesci. My dad similarities in the way Spilotro talked, carried himself etc. Dad said Spilotro acted tuff like that too. He was small but took no crap from ANYBODY.

Spilotro started small; doing small burglaries, roughing people up, threatening guys etc. and finally made a few “hits’ and did well “collecting” from the Chi. west side gamblers. They sent out to Vegas to work the skim at the Flamingo and the rest is history.

Dad says the movie is very accurate except for how Spilotro and his brother met their demise. It wasn’t in a cornfield as portrayed but instead in a basement in Bensenville (Chi. suburb) then transported to the Indiana cornfield where his (and his bros.) remains were eventually discovered.

• KK Munster, this was asked & answered already but thanks! Oh hey didnt you say something about ladies talking movies?
    ______

KoolKell Says:
    December 2nd, 2011 at 4:43 pm

CanuckRaider Says:
    December 2nd, 2011 at 4:40 pm

What was the one with Pacino, DeNiro and Kilmer?
    ————————–
    Heat

• ENGLANDRAIDER

397.KoolKell Says:
    December 2nd, 2011 at 4:41 pm
    We’re 27th in the NFL against the rush. He aint irreplaceable.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I just that KK. Pay attention.

• ENGLANDRAIDER

said.

• And not enough “racks”
    _____

Just Fire Baby Says:
    December 2nd, 2011 at 4:45 pm

The end of Heat was incredibly far-fethced and stupid.

• CanuckRaider

#407: Remind me to make good on any bets with you Gerard…Lol.

• Chris in NY

What about Point Break? Different kind of gang (surfers as opposed to mobsters). Don’t think I’d call it a gangster movie per se, but I always kind of liked it. Swayze was great.

• Injuries could derail this teams playoff hopes…

McFadden, Moore, & Ford all out again.

Starting to wonder if we will see the complete team this season.

• CanuckRaider

#413: Loved Point Break. Good call.

• CanuckRaider

Chris: They’re making a sequel to Point Break. Don’t really see the point (no pun intended) to that when Swayze going out on the big wave was a great way to end things.

• Gerard

412.CanuckRaider Says:
    December 2nd, 2011 at 4:52 pm
    #407: Remind me to make good on any bets with you Gerard…Lol.

Ha. I’m the biggest softy you’d ever meet. Except if i ever get out to Oakland for a Raider game and a group of u guys are beating up on MR and someone says ‘Hey Gerard. You wanna take a kick at this guy’? I’d say, heck why not.

• Chris in NY

wasbanned Says:
    December 2nd, 2011 at 4:53 pm
    Injuries could derail this teams playoff hopes…

McFadden, Moore, & Ford all out again.

Starting to wonder if we will see the complete team this season.

————————

I think we’ll get them all back. I’m starting to feel like McFadden won’t be back till maybe the Lions game or possibly even the Chiefs game after that though. He was just walking on it this week. I don’t know that he’ll go from walking to playing in a game in a week and a half.

I think Ford and Moore may be back for the Packers game though. I think as long as we get into the playoffs, that’s when we’ll be able to be at full strength with all our weapons, barring any additional injuries or setbakcs.

• silverback

#413: Loved Point Break. Good call.

Keanu Reeves at his cornball worst.

• zopi

I’ve been in RoMac’s corner since he was drafted, but he shouldn’t remain with the team, either suspend and or bench him for the rest of the season. I don’t know how the rules play out, but he shouldn’t be on the field until he gets his case cleared out.

Now, I can see why RoMac hasn’t played up to his high draft potential, his mind is not focused on the game. The Raiders can’t have that type of attitude, that’s the main thing that has to change with the Raiders. HueJax needs to set the tone and nip this up asap.

• Chris in NY

CanuckRaider Says:
    December 2nd, 2011 at 4:56 pm

———————–

Are they? Is it going to be legit with Keanu at least (Swayze obviously can’t be in it), or is it going to be one of those cheesey, low-budget sequels where they take a bunch of no-name actors, a horrible script and produce some straight-to-home video garbage and get a few bucks off the title.

• Chris in NY

silverback Says:
    December 2nd, 2011 at 4:58 pm
    #413: Loved Point Break. Good call.

Keanu Reeves at his cornball worst.

——————-

No love for Agent Johnny Utah?

• Raider game will be ON in SO-CAL. ch.2

(donkeys @ vikes, also on ch.11 same time, if you want to keep tabs.)

Have a great week-end, everyone…

Play like a RAIDER!…..

• silverback

No love for Agent Johnny Utah?
    —-
    good one

• ENGLANDRAIDER

407.Gerard Says:
    December 2nd, 2011 at 4:48 pm
    379.ENGLANDRAIDER Says:
    December 2nd, 2011 at 4:28 pm
    371.MistaBrown Says:
    December 2nd, 2011 at 4:22 pm
    Carlitos Way, Snatch, Casino, The Departed
    _____

ENGLANDRAIDER Says:
    December 2nd, 2011 at 4:19 pm

Best gangster movie of all time was Goodfellas.
    Kind of realistic.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Casino was interesting what with a lot of it being true and all.

Yes it was. My dad grew up with Tony Spilotro (the gangster portrayed by Joe Pesci in Casino). Accurate in that Spilotro was 5′5 and so is Pesci. My dad similarities in the way Spilotro talked, carried himself etc. Dad said Spilotro acted tuff like that too. He was small but took no crap from ANYBODY.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Rosenthal ran the Stardust, Gerard.

• RAIDERMAN99

Raids don’t need a criminal conviction against McClain to take some in-house punitive action.

Suspension and possibly dismissal wouldn’t be out of order.

If I was excused from my job to attend a funeral and wound up getting arrested for this type of crap, I’d expect to be fired. I’d deserve to be fired.

Can’t tell your coach you’re going to miss practice to attend a funeral and then wind up getting arrested under these types of circumstances. Disrespectful. Juvenile. Asinine. Dangerous. Irresponsible.

Autopalm, if you’re reading this – please know that I didn’t make the ‘get a grip, it’s the internet’ remark concerning your wife. The same poster that hijacked your moniker and altered your post did the same thing to me earlier in the thread and then posted that remark under my user name.

Some movies in the ‘buddy’ genre that I enjoyed and haven’t been mentioned…

Midnight Run
    Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
    Midnight Cowboy
    Cool Hand Luke

“What we’ve got heah is failure to communicate”

• Just Fire Baby

Zopi,

Suspend him for the year?

Should we have suspended Bush for his DUI this offseason?

Because as far as bail and future sentencing, that may even be worse than what Rolando did.

• ghostraiders

Romac leaves raiders to go to his grandfathers funeral. .. and ends up hanging with buddies. .. getting into a fight and discharging a gun near his ear…. if true… this Guy only used his grandpa’s death as an excuse to go fcuck around…. that’s pretty pathetic…

• ENGLANDRAIDER

Vegas, you betting on Denver this week?

• silverback

My guess is we get the I’ve spoken to the young man and we are going to let this matter rest in the legal process.

• Just Fire Baby

****************************

Dude the funeral was in his hometown.

What did you expect him to do, stay in the La Quinta all day?

Of course he went and saw his buddies, and $hit got out of hand for a minute, and he got a few misdeamenors.

Really not that big of a deal, IMO, as long as he didn’t get hurt.

Josh Freeman was off firing guns during the season at a gun range, and got hurt.

Which one is worse?

• Just Fire Baby

Vegas, you betting on Denver this week?

**************************

I am no longer a betting man, but if I were, I would be.

You ALWAYS bet on the streak, not against it.

• ENGLANDRAIDER

428.ghostraiders Says:
    December 2nd, 2011 at 5:20 pm

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Wait a minute Ghost. You don’t know if it’s true but you’re calling it pathetic?!

I say we punish him by making him play middle linebacker on a team that is 27th against the run.

• RAIDERMAN99

CanuckRaider Says:
    December 2nd, 2011 at 4:48 pm

==============================================
    That was a great scene in Heat. The most interesting and little known fact about that scene is that DeNiro and Pacino weren’t in the coffee shop at the same time. Their dialogue was filmed individually and later merged.

• ENGLANDRAIDER

I’ve made a little money betting on Tebow lately Vegas.
    I want him to lose every game but there’s loyalty to your team and then there’s money.

• 504 Raider

Good News!

I talked to a friend of mine who is a teammate of one of McClain’s boy’s from Decatur.

He told me that “there was a fight amongst the guys there at the gathering but McClain was not one of the guys fighting. There was no gun threat by McClain.” The victim mentioned McClain because McClain is rich and was present at the scene. Said McClain should not get into any trouble over this incident.

So this is consistent with what Hue knows and what McClain’s lawyer said about he’s confident McClain will get cleared of this mess.

• MVTARaider

I remember that another LB had a simular issue pop up… He bounced back and has had an outstanding career… Ray Lewis…

• Just Fire Baby

Jimmy Hart was the mouth of the South and 504 Raider is the Ear of the South

• ENGLANDRAIDER

CorkOnTheNFL Steve Corkran

Curious why Rolando McClain’s former high school concerned about him attending its hoops game tonight. Shouldn’t he be en route to Miami?

35 minutes ago

• morilla

504 Raider Says:
    December 2nd, 2011 at 5:35 pm
    Good News!

———

If this is true. Good news. But Cmon Rolando, stop hanging out with that crowd!

• autopalm77

No problem Raiderman, I apologize for my premature reaction and obvious incorrect assessment…I was surprised as so few speak while being so articulate about their points of view….Consider my apology as a way to return to an appreciation of your perspectives and I certainly accept your gesture as being genuine….Have a pleasant weekend….AP77

• autopalm77

Now he can’t speak or associate in any way with friends…..PLEASE

• Chris in NY

Wow. UCLA is not very good. Feel’s like it’s going to take a miracle to cover 31.

• Just Fire Baby

The way Oregon plays, they could be up 14 with 7 minutes to go, and still cover that 31.

• TheToozFan55

Hey Guys. so who wins Sunday? I think it’s good that Miami is favored by 3 – Raiders always do better when they’re the underdog. No way Denver doesn’t beat Vikings with all their injuries. Can’t let the stupid Mcclain incident get in the way……….

• I’m no cop, but it is plain as day that Condo was the trigger man not McClain

• autopalm77

446……HILARIOUS…..!!!!!

• TheToozFan55

But why was Mcclain grinnin’ like that in his picture? Did he have some “purple drank”?

• silverback

That is what you look like when you have the world by the ballz.

• 8RaiderReign8

TheToozFan55 Says:
    December 2nd, 2011 at 6:18 pm
    _______________

What? You want him to frown?

• TheToozFan55

LOL Silverback – Hopefully he doesn’t have that perspective. What the heck is a 3rd degree assault charge anyway?