Jackson confident McFadden will be back this season

By Steve Corkran
Monday, December 5th, 2011 at 6:04 pm in Oakland Raiders.

As preposterous as it might sound, Raiders coach Hue Jackson can’t say for sure whether running back Darren McFadden will be back before the regular season ends.
Of course, Jackson is confident that McFadden will be back at some point. Problem is, more than six weeks after McFadden suffered a mid-foot sprain Oct. 23, Jackson isn’t any closer to offering forth a timetable for McFadden’s return than he was when the injury occurred.
“I don’t think so,” Jackson said Monday, when asked if McFadden is out for the rest of the regular season. “I think he’ll be back, I really do. When that is, I don’t have an answer.”
Jackson said he is just as antsy to get back McFadden as fans are to see McFadden play again.
“There’s been urgency for weeks to get all of our players back as fast as we can,” Jackson said. “I’m not a doctor. I’m the coach. So, when they tell me I can have these guys back is when I’ll get them. Do I want him back? I wanted him four weeks ago. ”
An MRI performed soon after McFadden suffered his injury showed that there isn’t any structural damage. ESPN injury analyst Stephania Bell said that points to McFadden having a Grade 1, the least severe of the three levels of severity.
Based on that, the healing time typically ranges from one week to a month. Keep in mind, though, that’s for someone who doesn’t make his living planting his foot, making sharp cuts and running into players in excess of 300 pounds.

MCCLAIN UPDATE
The decision to let middle linebacker Rolando McClain play against the Dolphins was a close call, Jackson admitted.
He arrived at the decision after hearing McClain’s account of his arrest last Thursday, a “fact-finding” mission and consulting with a number of people, including the players who make up a council on the Raiders.
Jackson was arrested for allegedly punching a childhood friend, holding a gun to his head and firing the gun next to the 23-year-old’s head.
Jackson stopped short of saying McClain is innocent of all the charges levied against him. However, he is confident that McClain isn’t guilty of all that he is accused of, four misdemeanors, to be exact.
“I’m comfortable in my mind that the charges that people are saying and the things that they’re saying that he did, I don’t think that he did that,” Jackson said. “If I find out differently, if I’ve been led down the other brick road, then I will adjust accordingly.
“Right now, as I said before, at some point I got to take a stand, and I’m taking a stand behind my player and this football team and organization. So that’s where I am.”
Jackson said he doesn’t think McClain’s acions warrant a suspension by the league.
Just the same, were that to happen, then McClain is going to feel Jackson’s wrath “because that would mean that someone’s not being truthful,” Jackson said. “And that’s the one thing I will not deal with.”
Jackson, obviously, doesn’t feel as if it’s going to reach that point based “from what I know.”
“At the end of the day, when I look at it all, maybe, in my opinion, when this thing all comes out, we’ll all feel different about it,” Jackson said.
When asked Monday if he had anything to say, McClain said “not at all” as he walked away from his locker and out of the locker room. He returned a short time later and spent most of the media-access period in the locker room.

MCCLAIN SITUATION A DISTRACTION?
It’s easy for people to point to McClain’s arrest last week as a reason for why the Raiders lost to the Dolphins. Jackson isn’t in that camp.
“I don’t think so,” Jackson said. “We were playing for a lot. Everybody said, ‘Was that a distraction?’ I don’t think so. I really don’t.
“The biggest distraction we had was the Miami Dolphins. They played better than we did yesterday. What we need to do is get back to playing ball, but I don’t truly believe in my heart without any hesitation that that was a distraction to this football team, at all.”

PLAYERS WORKED OUT
Jackson said the two players worked out, believed to be linebackers, has nothing to do with the possibility of McClain being suspended by the league for his arrest last week.

SEYMOUR EJECTION
Defensive tackle Richard Seymour was ejected for punching Dolphins offensive lineman Richie Incognito on Sunday. It marked the third straight season in which he has been ejected from a game.
Jackson said he didn’t feel as if Seymour’s actions warranted an ejection.
“When I seen it, and as I see it on video tape, no I don’t,” Jackson said. “But they threw him out. At the end of the day, that’s the call that the official made. We’ll turn it in and see what the ruling is.”
Jackson felt as if Seymour and Incognito were just going at it, the way linemen do, and an official misinterpreted Seymour’s left hand connecting with Incognito’s jaw.
“He was really working his hands and trying to get away,” Jackson said, “and sometimes when you’re using your hands your hand might slip, might fall, glancing blow off something. Do I think he intentionally was trying to hit someone in the face? I don’t but I can understand the official’s point of view if that’s what he saw.”
Seymour apologized for his actions after the game.

REECE WAS IN GAME PLAN
Fullback Marcel Reece went from a primary target one week to missing in action against the Dolphins.
Reece rushed one time for 10 yards and caught one pass for 38 yards, both in the fourth quarter and long after the outcome had been decided.
Jackson said Reece was part of the game plan, but the Dolphins countered everything the Raiders showed with Reece.
“We tried to get him involved early,” Jackson said. “We shifted him out there, and they played one way. We shifted him out there again, and they played another way. Obviously, they wanted to take him out of the game.
“And then we moved him back in the backfield and, all of a sudden, you look up and the game’s changed, so you have to do other things. We would like to have Marcel Reece on the field every play if we could but sometimes games dictate otherwise and sometimes there’s things you need to do. But, no, we were not trying to not showcase Marcel. Sometimes, people are going to do everything they can to take him away.”

INJURIES UPDATE
Wide receiver Chaz Schilens (foot), tight end Kevin Boss (hip) and defensive tackle John Henderson (knee) suffered injuries against the Dolphins that were serious enough to knock them from the game.
Jackson made it sound as if none of the injuries is very serious.
“Chaz will probably be day to day as we move forward,” Jackson said. “He’ll be OK. Boss will be OK as we continue to move forward. … We’re just checking (Henderson) to make sure where he is. Again, he’ll probably be day to day, also. So, we came out of it not too bad. But, again, we have some guys that we do have to check to make sure they’re going to be OK for this week.”

Follow me on Twitter: @corkonthenfl

• Method To My Madness

593.J Hill Says:
    December 6th, 2011 at 10:47 am
    I like the Dubs roster if you can get Chandler.

I have to support the California JV teams.

Go Clippers!!!!!

Go Dubs!!!!

*****************

I saw JV ball vs mavs in playoffs and bush league tactics vs a 5’4 rican point guard

• DMAC

DeuceDeuce Says:
    December 6th, 2011 at 10:47 am

DMAC Says:
    December 6th, 2011 at 10:44 am
    I know your not a big fan of Monta, but don’t forget that he can shoot it as well.

—-

Ill take Monta Ellis off your hands…

How bout for Brandon Bass & JJ Reddick…?
    ========

Hell to the no!

• J Hill

Ill take Monta Ellis off your hands…

How bout for Brandon Bass & JJ Reddick…?

*************

no thank you

—————————————————–

Derek Fisher, Ron Artest, and a future 2nd rd pick?

• Method To My Madness

598.Dstomp Says:
    December 6th, 2011 at 10:47 am
    Method To My Madness Says:
    December 6th, 2011 at 10:46 am

Mizzou vs Nova at 4pm pst……best defender in college at guard…Michael Dixon…guess who taught him how to lock down?
    ***************************
    his coach? lol, just messing you

**************

partly true…ill agree

• RaidingTexas

570.J Hill Says:

Ok, so San Diego State just joined the Big East?????

This is beyond ridiculous.

———————–

Hopefully for them, they fare better in east coast games than the Raiders.

• mcfadden20.

This is the game i think Raiders will show up for ,i know last week on paper they were underdogs but considering their record they were thinking of themselves as favorites but i don’t think they will go into Green Bay with the same mentality

• J Hill

I saw JV ball vs mavs in playoffs and bush league tactics vs a 5′4 rican point guard

——————————————————-

So did Dr Buss which is why Bynum will be in Orlando and Gasol will be in New Orleans.

• DMAC

J Hill Says:
    December 6th, 2011 at 10:50 am

Ill take Monta Ellis off your hands…

How bout for Brandon Bass & JJ Reddick…?

*************

no thank you

—————————————————–

Derek Fisher, Ron Artest, and a future 2nd rd pick?
    ========

Another, hell to the no!

• DeuceDeuce

J Hill Says:
    December 6th, 2011 at 10:50 am
    Ill take Monta Ellis off your hands…

How bout for Brandon Bass & JJ Reddick…?

*************

no thank you

—————————————————–

Derek Fisher, Ron Artest, and a future 2nd rd pick
    —-

If he doesnt like my offer then that one has no chance in hell..

• raiderinparadise

The thing that GB presents is a challenge to score as mnay points as possible. If you work the run-game and continue to work it, the clock ticks …. and too many teams have this ideal that “we must score 40 to beat them” no you must take away clock to beat them. Rodgers can’t score from the sidelines. We MUST run the ball, and I think Taiwan needs to spell Bush with some runs through that front 7 of GB.

Charles Woodson is the head of that oppurtunistic defense. If he doesn’t play due to concussion, you must exploit tramon williams on a big reciever like Chaz down the field. Tramon to me is what I want DVD to become in time, but like DVD they cant out physical anybody for jump balls and hieght.

• Method To My Madness

597.joetoronto Says:
    December 6th, 2011 at 10:47 am
    Mike Florio at profootballtalk.com says

“Also, the Packers clinch a first-round bye with a win over the Raiders at Lambeau Field.

There are other ways that the Packers can do it, but let’s just assume they’ll get a win over the Raiders at Lambeau Field.”

*******************

Florio…let’s ssume you and rosenthal sucked hella dks to merge with NBC

• DeuceDeuce

If Turk’s contract wasnt so bad he would be perfect for the W’s

• mcfadden20.

Whats all this warriors talk for ? I know you guys are excited because u guys got a good GM n Coach but u guys won’t matter for another 2 or 3 years

• J Hill

If he doesnt like my offer then that one has no chance in hell..

——————————————————

Shhheeeiiiddd …

My offer was way better than yours.

Veterans bench players with championship experience for the young Dubs.

• Method To My Madness

607.J Hill Says:
    December 6th, 2011 at 10:51 am

——————————————————-

*******************

yep and you guys the 3rd seed losing to 6th seed warriors in may…thanks

• Method To My Madness

613.mcfadden20. Says:
    December 6th, 2011 at 10:52 am

***************

u matter when u make playoffs this year and upset lakers in first round!

• J Hill

LOL @ Kobe-Howard-CP3 = 3rd seed.

• LA to TheBay

Wow, catching major heat at the office for telling these fools to watch out for an upset of the Packers on Sunday.

• Method To My Madness

617.J Hill Says:
    December 6th, 2011 at 10:55 am
    LOL @ Kobe-Howard-CP3 = 3rd seed.

******************

2004 playoffs with 4 HOFs…lakers did what with phil as coach? 3rd seed?

• joetoronto

Raiders Sign WR Jessie Hester.

• RaidingTexas

J Hill Says:

LOL @ Kobe-Howard-CP3 = 3rd seed

———————

I know, right? They won’t even make the playoffs.

• http://www.ibabuzz.com/oaklandraiders/ r8eray

Lakers Want Paul, Howard
    Chris Broussard talks about the Lakers’ interest in trading for Chris Paul and Dwight Howard.

• DMAC

LA to TheBay Says:
    December 6th, 2011 at 10:57 am

=======

Don’t trip.
    You’ll be able to talk some schit Monday morning.

• raiderinparadise

joetoronto Says:
    December 6th, 2011 at 10:57 am
    Raiders Sign WR Jessie Hester.

*******

devin hesters sister?

• Method To My Madness

jhill 2004 year? remember that?

• J Hill

PG – CP#
    SG – Kobe
    SF – Kapono
    PF – Odom
    C – Howard

Bench – Fisher, Barnes, Big Baby, Caracter, Ebanks, DJ MBenga.

• RaidingTexas

LA To TheBay Says:

———————-

Raiders just got to keep it within 11 points for the upset, by Vegas standards. lol

• DMAC

Stephen Curry has added 10 lbs of muscle to his upper body.
    Curry is often criticized for being too scrawny, so this should help to get some naysayers off of his case. He’s proven that he doesn’t need strength to be an asset on the court, and he’ll hold major appeal to owners in fantasy drafts this season.
    Source: CSN Bay Area
    =====

Saw a clip of him yesterday. Did put on a little muscle.

• mcfadden20.

Method To My Madness Says:
    December 6th, 2011 at 10:57 am

617.J Hill Says:
    December 6th, 2011 at 10:55 am
    LOL @ Kobe-Howard-CP3 = 3rd seed.

******************

2004 playoffs with 4 HOFs…lakers did what with phil as coach? 3rd seed?

————

Two washed up players Payton , Malone .. Unfit player SHaq.. PLus no D.. Pick n roll killed us… This year Lakers are playing some D man If we get Howard oh man nobody gonna score over 80 on us……

Thats some CODE BLACK sh1t right there

• http://www.ibabuzz.com/oaklandraiders/ r8eray

Coach Mike McCarthy confirmed that CB Charles Woodson (head) will go through the mandated battery of concussion tests this week.
    Woodson sustained a concussion on a fourth-quarter collision with Ahmad Bradshaw. Although coach Mike McCarthy expects Woodson to play against the Raiders, it could be out of his hands. Sam Shields is Woodson’s backup, with Jarrett Bush moving to the slot.
    Source: Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel

• DMAC

DJ MBenga.
    ========

hahahahaha

• DMAC

Thats some CODE BLACK sh1t right there
    ======

No it aint

• J Hill

jhill 2004 year? remember that?

—————————————————-

Malone hurt. Malone trying to bang Vanessa.

GP @ 40????

Yeah I remember.

• LA to TheBay

RaidingTexas Says:
    December 6th, 2011 at 11:01 am
    LA To TheBay Says:

———————-

==================

I don’t bet, Vegas odds mean nada to me.

I want Ws!

I had this game circled long ago when schedule first came out. Mid December in Green Bay?? Awesome.

Tough schedule this year but must admit it’s been a good one. Good test of where we’re at.

We should be better right now then we are but we still have plenty of time, just very little, if any, margin for error.

• J Hill

Caracter

• DMAC

r8eray Says:
    December 6th, 2011 at 11:02 am

Source: Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel
    ========

Should we bring in the Tonganator to re-smash his head?

• LA to TheBay

Conventional medicine has not worked for DMC.

Time to get some withcdoctors, voodo, sages, herbal remedy, hot toddy, something.

Get that man on the field!

• beach

Does anybody have any insight into us sharing the stadium in Santa Clara?

• J Hill

Blake
    Kobe
    Igudala
    Gasol
    Howard

Fisher
    Kapono
    Ebanks
    Caracter
    Mbenga

• raiderinparadise

McFadden, Ford and Moore need Tebow to touch their feet.

• LA to TheBay

Hue gotta dig deep into the bag and bust out some ill sh;t on GB.

Every player on the Roster gotta get up big time for this game.

We’re capable of it.

Everybody was picking SD when we smashed ‘em.

GB obviously better than SD but we need same formula.

This is the biggest game for the Raiders in a decade and they just keep getting bigger.

• Method To My Madness

629.mcfadden20. Says:
    December 6th, 2011 at 11:01 am
    Method To My Madness Says:
    December 6th, 2011 at 10:57 am

617.J Hill Says:
    December 6th, 2011 at 10:55 am
    LOL @ Kobe-Howard-CP3 = 3rd seed.

******************

2004 playoffs with 4 HOFs…lakers did what with phil as coach? 3rd seed?

————

Thats some CODE BLACK sh1t right there

******************

Im founder of code Black and no way is any fkin Laker thing Code Black!

Shaq wasnt unfit in 2004…kobe selfish play blew the finals…when shaq was main go to guy they won titles

Payton Washed up after locking tony parker and sam cassell? oh didnt he win a title with Shaq in Miami?

Malone played well that year but yeah he was old…still HOF and punked KG in WCF

• raiderinparadise

RavensInsider Aaron Wilson by CorkOnTheNFL
    The Raiders tried out linebackers Gerald Hayes and Stanford Keglar
    9 hours ago

• silverback

Raiderinparadise Says:
    December 6th, 2011 at 11:08 am
    McFadden, Ford and Moore need Tebow to touch their feet.
    —–
    funny stuff

• LA to TheBay

raiderinparadise Says:
    December 6th, 2011 at 11:08 am
    McFadden, Ford and Moore need Tebow to touch their feet.

———-

Or Rex Ryan.

• Method To My Madness

633.J Hill Says:
    December 6th, 2011 at 11:03 am
    jhill 2004 year? remember that?

—————————————————-

Malone hurt. Malone trying to bang Vanessa.

GP @ 40????

Yeah I remember.
    ************************

wrong! vanessa on him

GP ended up winning any fkin way two years later and played pivotal role in it!

• LA to TheBay

Im founder of code Black and no way is any fkin Laker thing Code Black!

——–

Code Purple?

Nah, sounds like g@y pride parade or something.

Code Lakers. Code O’Brien?

• Method To My Madness

647.LA to TheBay Says:
    December 6th, 2011 at 11:11 am
    Im founder of code Black and no way is any fkin Laker thing Code Black!

——–

Code Purple?

Nah, sounds like g@y pride parade or something.

Code Lakers. Code O’Brien?

***************

You got Showtime…what more needs to be said?

• beach

546.DeuceDeuce Says:
    December 6th, 2011 at 10:29 am
    Oh in other news I got my White AFL McFadden Jersey!!
    —————————————–

Why do you want a jersey of an “Eric Chavez?” McFadden is a proven piece of glass!

• raiderinparadise

LA to TheBay Says:
    December 6th, 2011 at 11:10 am
    raiderinparadise Says:
    December 6th, 2011 at 11:08 am
    McFadden, Ford and Moore need Tebow to touch their feet.

———-

Or Rex Ryan.

******

Tebow will heal the feet.

Rex would just want a foot job from each of them.