McClain speaks, Ford and Moore running around

By Steve Corkran
Monday, December 12th, 2011 at 12:42 pm in Oakland Raiders.

Wide receivers Jacoby Ford and Denarius Moore worked out with a team trainer Monday morning, once again seeing if they are far enough along in their rehab from foot injuries to return to practice this week and, perhaps, play against the Detroit Lions.
Ford ran with a nice burst, though he wasn’t seen making any sharp cuts or planting on his injured foot. He said afterward that his foot is getting better but he still isn’t sure if he is going to be able to practice with his teammates this week.
“There’s just certain things out there that we just worked on today,” Ford said. “We wanted to see how my straight ahead running was, just to see if I can actually do that and get up on my toes. That went pretty well today.”
Ford has missed the past four games as a result of the injury he suffered against the San Diego Chargers on Nov. 10. Moore has missed the past three games with an injury he received against the Minnesota Vikings.
It’s to the point where the Raiders need all hands on deck, given they are one game behind the Denver Broncos in the AFC West, with three games to play, and without much margin for error.
Still, Ford said, he won’t play again until he is certain that his foot is sound enough to where he can make a difference at receiver and on kick returns.
“I wouldn’t say I would want to rush back and not be able to be my regular Jacoby Ford out there on the field,” Ford said. “I definitely want to be the same player I was before I got injured. I wouldn’t want to go out there if I don’t feel confident in myself to play to the best of my abilities and hurt the team instead of help the team.”

WIMBLEY SILENT
Outside linebacker Kamerion Wimbley declined comment today, when approached for an interview.
In particular, I sought clarification on why the Raiders were penalized on Wimbley’s fumble return for a touchdown — defensive end Lamarr Houston got called for clipping during the return — even though the return was overturned when the officials ruled that Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers’ arm was moving forward when the ball came out of his right hand.
So, for that, we will turn to coach Hue Jackson, when he has his news conference at 2 p.m.
It seems odd that the penalty still applied, even though it occurred after the incompletion.

SCHILENS FINE
Wide receiver Chaz Schilens confirmed that he left the Packers game early on as a result of his aggravating the foot injury he suffered against the Miami Dolphins the previous game.
Schilens said his foot is “fine” and that he expects to play against the Lions.
“It’s just a little sore, that’s it,” Schilens said. “It will be all right.”

MCCLAIN SPEAKS
Raiders middle linebacker Rolando McClain spoke with the media Monday, despite saying last Thursday that he was “done” giving interviews for the rest of this season and the rest of his career.
Not sure if he changed his tune on his own accord or if the threat of a huge fine by the NFL — players are required to speak with the media — did the trick.
Either way, McClain spoke for more than five minutes on an array of topics. I shall post the entire transcript in a few minutes.
McClain was asked for comment about his role in an incident in Decatur, Ala., almost two weeks ago in which he was
arrested and charged with four misdemeanors, including third-degree assault.
A childhood friend of McClain’s accused McClain of holding a gun to his head, threatening to kill him and then firing the gun next to his ear.
McClain’s lawyer said his client is innocent. Coach Hue Jackson said he is confident, after speaking with McClain, that McClain isn’t guilty of all that he is accused of doing.

Follow me on Twitter: @corkonthenfl

• fingers

I’m for giving Hue at least another year…. This hasn’t been a normal year for us… I’m giving him the benefit of doubt…we need a real GM… A real defensive minded D coach

• Nnamdi21

95. Excellent usage Thec.

So many people butcher the language. MUTE point or CHOMP at the bit or Long ROAD to hoe

Uuuugh. Decline of Western civilization started with cuts to education.

what are we like 17th in the world now?

• RaidingTexas

Method To My Madness Says:

Carson Palmer is like 14-19 in career dec and jan games…..yuck!

——————-

Dam, that’s almost Romo-esque.

• http://repealitnow.org MistaBrown

KK Munster, you woke up from your nap all full of piss & vinegar! Now go back to sleep and then sweep up the barbershop.

• Thec07

++++++++++++

Mute Point….ROFLMAO… I have to admit, I do have a lot of typo’s however, that is funny as hell….

• GoodOle00

Hue deserves another year but I agree, he could use a GM. especially b4 the draft.

MIKE MAYOCK!!!

• http://repealitnow.org MistaBrown

Peymour you have been watching and evaluating Qb’s since before B@uce was born and yet you still jumped out the window with this one?

“Anybody with half a brain can see JaMarcus is franchise Qb”

Solid!
    haha

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

14 turnovers in 6 1/2 games doesnt suck??!? on what planet

• olinesux

man the chefs handle losing coaches bye bye haley but hue?

• GoodOle00

105. Typos different than butchering the Language. I’m no Rhodes scholar clearly but man, at least gotta try!

• JohnnyRaider

I a agree with #16 on the players we need to get rid of. Hate to say it but we need to try and get some decent draft pics for dmac, he can not stay healthy. Along with the players #16 would get rid of, I would get rid of glass Schillens, Giordano, Boyd, and Huff. Huff is over paid and does nothing. Need new line backer coach and WR coach and new DC. I do not think Chuck B should be allowed to finish the season. Bring in Jack Del Rio this week.

• Thec07

Reggie McKenzie, or Ozzie Newhouse for GM.

Vote no on AJ Smith which is the rumor down hear in SD.

• GoodOle00

Ugh…gettin trolly in here Mista…

Out till the night crew comeas on. Lates true Raiders!~

• Method To My Madness

99.Raiderbuck Says:
    December 12th, 2011 at 1:28 pm
    KoolKell Says:
    December 12th, 2011 at 1:28 pm

Code Black, Eat Crow, Code Black!!!!!
    ***********************************************

Good thing crows are already black.

********************

Buck…that same idiot said in a post….”for whatever it is worth…code black”….he was jumping on but because it was adminstered by me he has a problem

• fingers

Todd Haley given the boot…. They didn’t waste anytime… I thought it was coming , but after the year…. Not a big fan of his anyway

• Thec07

LTR

• hwnrdr

112.Thec07 Says:
    December 12th, 2011 at 1:33 pm
    Reggie McKenzie, or Ozzie Newhouse for GM.

Vote no on AJ Smith which is the rumor down hear in SD.

Oh hell no…

• http://repealitnow.org MistaBrown

KC could have waited to boot Haley in 4 weeks so that was a jab to the chops.

haha

• fingers

Reggie Mckenzie would be my pick….

• DKnight007

This freakin team needs to sack up and win out no playoffs…simple.

I can’t believe the D allowed Grant to go off yesterday? Ro Mac can’t close two gaps at once people.

The D went to back to it’s old ugly lazy habits again.

Spagnolo would be a great hire and he would be working with Mike Waufle again. Both won a Super Bowl with the Giants when their D stepped it up to stop the unbeaten Pats!

• fingers

Mista… Agree… It was a little kick in the A$$ on the way out the door

• RaidingTexas

JohnnyRaider Says:

———————————-

Yeah, a harsh reality about DMac is settling in on Raider Nation now. You can’t have the centerpiece of your offense miss so many games. Time to Hershel Walker his azz. So long, Darren. We like the promise of you, not the reality of you.

As for Del Rio, only if you bring him in as head coach.

• Method To My Madness

103.RaidingTexas Says:
    December 12th, 2011 at 1:29 pm
    Method To My Madness Says:

Carson Palmer is like 14-19 in career dec and jan games…..yuck!

——————-

Dam, that’s almost Romo-esque.

***********************

Yeah man….people calling him elite is a joke….he can be good as lng as he dont gotta pass hella much…just lick jc he needs the run game and cant carry a team anymore

• fingers

Yep…. Our Def was embarrassing yesterday….and last week..

• fingers

I don’t expect to see McFadden play again this season…

• DKnight007

1593.raiderinparadise Says:
    December 12th, 2011 at 12:51 pm
    CorkOnTheNFL Steve Corkran
    #Raiders need to win final three games AND have the Broncos lose two of final three games OR lose to the Kansas City Chiefs to make playoffs
    1 minute ago

^^^^^^^
    We already know this Cork!

• DKnight007

Only way we get rid of DMC is IF some team offers their 1st Rounder and 3rd Rounder in return in this upcoming draft.

No team will offer that much, since he is hurt.

• DKnight007

120.DKnight007 Says:
    December 12th, 2011 at 1:36 pm
    This freakin team needs to sack up and win out no playoffs…simple.

The D went to back to it’s old ugly lazy habits again.

I would like to see the Raiders hire Mike Nolan or Steve Spagnolo as the DC next year. Here is hoping Spags is fired from the Lambs.

• 504 Raider

I’d trade Bres for a Half Shrimp Po-Boy and Cup of Gumbo. Although this deal has to go through real quick before the owner at Food N Spirits gets in and realizes that his current dish washer would run circles around Bres.

• hackraid

Method To My Madness Says:
    December 12th, 2011 at 1:38 pm
    103.RaidingTexas Says:
    December 12th, 2011 at 1:29 pm
    Method To My Madness Says:

Carson Palmer is like 14-19 in career dec and jan games…..yuck!

YOU SHOULD ALSO PROBABLY CHECK THE BENGALS DEC AND JAN RECORD OVER THE PAST 20 YEARS!!!!

• DaTruth91

I dont really get all the hate against Carson Palmer. I guess its one of those things where the QB takes all the blame for the loss.

he is six games into the season, playing with back up wr’s and a rookie head coach …and yet some of you are comparing his stats and saying he is not an elite QB.

Heres the truth, if we switch Aaron Rodgers with Carson Palmer for yesterday’s game…There is no change in the outcome, and the same people bashing CP would be tearing apart Rodgers. Watching the game yesterday showed one thing, that there organization as a whole is ran alot better then the raiders…they have better players, betters coaches all around and the believe….

that being sad, i never expected Hue to turn this thing around in a year…Rome wasent built in a day, and either were the Green Bay Packers

• hackraid

Tony Sparano just got fired. Hopefully Nolan goes to and comes to Oakland

• raiderinparadise

No heart on this team. Nobody wants to play injured with 3 games left to fight for a playoff spot? Weak league nowaddays

• KRAWFDADD

Its entertaining to watch all these armchair GM’s on this blog.If you are that football savy why arent you calling shots for a team somewhere.We were out played yesterday across the board there’s enuff blame for everybody to go around.In my opinion arm strength isnt the issue this Carson Palmer dude never checks down or hrows the ball away to fight another down but you wanna knock JC for not taking all those stupid chances.Carson isnt Manning,Brees,Farve,Rivers,Rodgers,or Cutler @ that matter he just throws the damm ball to keep from getting hit and the wr’s had a terrible lack of concentration yesterday.The defense didnt look ready to play from the first time they took the field they looked lost with the offsides and just being out of position.Since Al passed away we’ve turned into a low budget wanna be Blitzburgh and we suck @ it blitzing every damm down Breshnan or however you spell his name cant adapt worth a f#@k.We are what we are a predominantly man to man D that gets pressure from our front 4,but since our leader passed you wanna try n get cute with all this zone/blitz anti Raider football.We are built bigger stronger faster impose our will on the opposition,beat the man across the ball from you down after down until you have taken his will.Thats the Raiders way,the “Real Raiders Way”!!!!

• al d. davis

Get the “F” out of here KRAWFDADD; I’ll make any comment I want without being employed in the NFL: most importantly, “go suck yourself and swallow!” Your analysis stinks; the best thing that happened to the Raiders since 1983 is that Stinky AL died, and I hope you do too, and soon.

• KRAWFDADD

Lol I called no names and Al DIk3ater Davis responds,you arent a real Raider fan,go root for Tebow or the Chargers or SanFran.,Lmbao he hopes I die,strip naked and go play with yourself in 5 o clock traffic