McFadden, Ford, Huff not practicing

By Steve Corkran
Wednesday, December 21st, 2011 at 11:51 am in Oakland Raiders.

With less than 72 hours before a must-win game, the odds are dwindling of the Raiders getting back running back Darren McFadden, wide receiver Jacoby Ford and free safety Michael Huff for Saturday’s game.
All three players are not at practice today, though Huff is working with a team trainer on an adjacent field. It’s difficult to imagine any of the three making it back in time to help the Raiders against the Kansas City Chiefs.
Through it all, coach Hue Jackson is holding out hope of at least one of the aforementioned trio coming back. At this point, it appears as if he’s hoping against hope.
Jackson is big on not playing players who don’t practice in the run up to a game. Therefore, there’s only one more practice left for McFadden, Ford and Huff to show that they are healthy enough to play.
Same goes for defensive tackle John Henderson, who remains unable to practice because of a sore knee.
On the bright side, backup running back Taiwan Jones is practicing for the second straight day, and he appears ready for some action after missing the past four games with a hamstring injury.
Quarterback Jason Campbell has been throwing in recent days in his recovery from a broken right collarbone. However, he has not been spotted doing anything at practice since he got injured Oct. 16.
Jackson said it’s possible that Campbell will be healthy enough to backup Carson Palmer before season’s end. That, too, appears to be wishful thinking.
At this rate, it’s safe to assume that Campbell has played his last down as a Raider. He is eligible to become an unrestricted free agent after this season and there’s almost no conceivable way that he will be asked back, or that he even would want to come back after being replaced by Palmer.
Bryan McCann is returning kicks at practice. This, despite Jackson talking up Tyvon Branch as if he is the second coming of Gale Sayers as a returner.

Follow me on Twitter: @corkonthenfl

bstallion510 Says:
    December 21st, 2011 at 1:53 pm

I agree the site is probly not 100% accurate, but it gives you an idea of what they’ll have to work with. There will be $ to play with next year. The Raiders don’t have a lot of holes to fill. CB, LB, O-line need upgrades the most.
    __________________

I agree with the CB, LB and O-line issues, but we may also need safety help and RB help if our own free agents leave us. Both Branch and Bush have low salaries, so that will be difficult to absorb.

We also need a NT since Henderson seems done.

Actually, the only position I think we are set at is WR, as long as DHB keeps improving and Moore and Ford remain healthy, we should be set for next year. Need to replace the backups Chaz and TJ, but that can easily be done.

TE, man, I don’t even notice that we signed Boss. Have not seen him much.

I guess we are also set at K and Punter lol.

Raider fans talking offseason already?

you must either be strong believers in KC over Oakland or Tebow over KC …

Raiders are going to slap down Sandy Eggo regardless of what happens in WK16. print it

• bcz24

*****************************
    I would agree with LB, but CB is not necessarily a position of need. DVD and Chekwa have both shown some flashes of quality play, their biggest asset this year will be a real NFL offseason where they can get their bodies physically to an NFL level. Lito and CJ are adequate (in a proper defensive scheme). LT and LG/C are good with Veldheer and Wiz2, we still dont really know what we have in Barksdale and BCampbell. Heyer has played ok in his time at LG. I don’t think Oline is a position in desperate need of fixing, but could benefit from upgrades. I would focus all my energy on the defensive side of the ball. Playmakers are needed, consistant ones, not the one game wonders we call playmakers.

• hwnrdr

What’s up Rockstar?

• bcz24

RaiderRockstar Says:
    December 21st, 2011 at 2:02 pm
    Raider fans talking offseason already?
    **********************
    Its much better than the CONSTANT ‘I hate Hue’ convos for the last three weeks…

• J Hill

Maybe you didn’t notice…Al Davis died, and Hue is now running the Raiders

——————————————————-

That only fits in your propoganda.

Reality of the situation is Marc Davis is the one with the power of the pen.

If he is deferring to Hue, that is a problem that will be resolved when he hires a GM this offseason.

Credit/blame for all moves post Al Davis is on Marc Davis.

If Palmer takes the Raiders to the SB, Marc Davis should get the credit for pulling the trigger, not the gawd damn head coach!

++++++++

True, but we can’t bet the season on it. Need a dependable quality vet at CB to replace CJ and Lito, and as an insurance policy against the young guys not quite being there yet.

Not a break the bank FA CB, just a good guy that can be plugged in and make some plays once in a while. CJ Toast Johnson and Lito are done.

• bcz24

***********************
    Branch is a fringe Pro Bowler, and should be the #1 priority in the offseason. Bush is not as big a concern, there are a bunch of quality RB’s out there in FA this year. If a team is foolish enough to pay Bush to be their feature back, then let him go. He can be replaced. He should only be retained if the price is right. I am not hating on Bush by any means, but he is not worth the figure I think he is going to ask for.

Its much better than the CONSTANT ‘I hate Hue’ convos for the last three weeks

***

true – but aren’t you assuming Hue will fail against two AFC West foes with the same or worse record if you’re talking offseason when the AFC West Champ and wildcard spots are undecided at this point ???

Might as well say you have no confidence in the HC if you think we’re out of the mix imo

• bcz24

************************
    Not sure I agree. Lito has played pretty well. He is being coached into a position of failure. CJ missed most of the season, and was playing hurt when he was here. He should be given the chance to prove that when healthy he can play. Nothing huge, and not guaranteed. I would love to snag Rogers from across the bay, but I think he is going to command some serious coin after the season he has had.

Have to remember, as your be Casserly pointed out, more than 25% of the NFL will be unrestricted free agents next year, there will be quality guys to be had for less than normal market value.

156.J Hill Says:
    December 21st, 2011 at 2:06 pm
    Maybe you didn’t notice…Al Davis died, and Hue is now running the Raiders

——————————————————-

That only fits in your propoganda.

Reality of the situation is Marc Davis is the one with the power of the pen.

Credit/blame for all moves post Al Davis is on Marc Davis.

+++++++++++++++++++++++

What? You think Mark Davis is running the show? It has been reported that Mark Davis has never wanted anything to do with the day to day operations of the Raiders. He can’t even stomach releasing players.

Mark Davis doesn’t have clue one about running this team from a day to day operational standpoint. Hands off owners like that do not get the blame or credit….the person making the moves gets that and right now that is clearly Hue Jackson.

You think Bob Craft gets the credit in NE? lol

• bcz24

****************************
    Not at all. I don’t subscribe to that thinking one bit. IF we were 14-0 right now I would still talk offseason and cap numbers. Says nothing about my faith in Hue or the team at all. I happen to enjoy talking about free agency and capology so to speak more than I do arguing about the same nonsense day in and day out. If anyone wants to talk this weeks game, I am also in for that.

• bstallion510

Dakota Says:
    December 21st, 2011 at 2:00 pm
    bstallion510 Says:
    December 21st, 2011 at 1:53 pm

__________________

We also need a NT since Henderson seems done.

TE, man, I don’t even notice that we signed Boss. Have not seen him much.

I guess we are also set at K and Punter lol.
    ——————————————–

I think Branch stays.. Bush might be too expensive to keep.. There are some good RB’s out there though. It’s not hard to find a good #2 RB. Safety needs more depth for sure. The entire secondary needs more depth lol! I’m mad they gave Huff so much $.. He doesn’t make enough plays to warrant the contract he got. Yea we could add another NT. Franklin? I agree that Hue should’ve used Boss more this season. Hopefully next season he’ll be utilized more often. The dude is a weapon! Especially in the red zone. Yea we have the best kicking duo in the game. The best kickers are in the Bay Area. Oakland an S.F. got those positions on lock.

bcz24,

You know I like my boy Casserly lol. Would love him to come in and run the Raiders for a few years.

• bcz24

******************************
    No I agree 100% with this. Hue Jackson is in charge of the show, Mark Davis is just the pen signing off on whats put in front of him. Trask is in charge of the business side of the team as she always has been.

• bcz24

Aubrayo Franklin would be a MONSTER pick up for this defense, Sean Rogers would be awesome too… both only signed 1 year deals in NO and the Saints have the little issue of resigning Drew Brees to worry about first and foremost.

• bstallion510

Maybe the Raiders can lure Carlos Rodgers from S.F. He’s been making plays for Frisco this season. We should’ve went after their saftey, Gholston, when we hhad a chance. He has like 6 picks this season. He’s better than Huff! Finnergan is a free agent next season. What do yall think about him?

• Dakota

Casserly’s choice of Mario Williams over Boy Wonder Reggie Bush was the balsiest move I have ever seen from a GM with the #1 pick. He was proven right….after he was fired lol.

• bcz24

• hwnrdr

Quick question: has any practice squad players have ever broke out and was monster for their perspective teams? I heard of one, but i can’t remember who it was? Arian Foster? No?

• Dakota

Rodd Smith was a PS player I believe.

• inonewordraider

___________________
    as far as the raiders, the most dangerous FB in the league Reece was a practice squad player

• Dakota

I think playing Reece at RB and signing a true FB might be the resolution for the Bush problem if he leaves.

• inonewordraider

__________
    don’t let method hear you say that

174.inonewordraider Says:
    December 21st, 2011 at 2:29 pm

__________
    don’t let method hear you say that
    ++++++++++++

lol

• Silverandblack666

I think the biggest question this off season will be LB’s.

You can get a good RB in the late rounds of the draft why pay Bush big money.

There is a lot of potential with in the secondary with DVD and Chekwa getting game time and Lito showing up to play well.

I would say RT should be high on the draft board along with the D-line.

Yes we are talking about the draft because we are 7-7 and its obvious there are holes that need to be filled.

Back to the NBA lol.

You know what the McFadden injury reminds me of? The first game after the Lakers traded for Pau Gasol Kobe went out, against the Wizards I think, and snapped that ligament in his pinky on his shooting hand. He would never admit it, but I think that injury has hindered his outside shooting ability over the past 4 seasons.

We get Palmer and the next game lose McFadden to pretty much a season ending injury and an injury that potentially could destroy his career. fk that schyt! What the hell kind of luck is that?

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Fresh off another disappointing season, and here comes happy talk about the draft.

Ugghhhh!

• http://repealitnow.org MistaBrown

Jacoby F.ound O.n R.oad D.ead

• stablersbeard

I agree on Bush. As much as I like him, He’s not an elite, big contract back. Fair to good backs can be had later in the draft where our picks are.
    Running backs are a little inter-changeable.

• http://repealitnow.org MistaBrown

KK Munster, you can go F yourself and then sweep up the barbershop you ass clown. Better yet go sell a house or at least find one to list. Forecloser’s are up since your hero took office, good luck!
    _____

KoolKell Says:
    December 21st, 2011 at 2:38 pm

Ugghhhh!

• bstallion510

McFadden needs to see a foot specialist or something lol. He needs to find out a way to keep his feet healthy. I don’t recall him being injured like this in college. Correct me if I’m wrong…

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

BrownStains, There’s no chimneys on trailers for Santa to get down, huh?

Too Bad. :-(

182.bstallion510 Says:
    December 21st, 2011 at 2:40 pm
    +++++++

McFadden missed very little playing time in college.

• stablersbeard

“Finnegan would be a nice pick up, but he is going to be in the 8-10 million range.”
    __

I thought for a second you were talking about that Alex Finnegan chick on NFL network. With the giant choppers…
    She scares me. Like sticking it in a lawnmower….

• http://build-a-bully 909RaiderLifer

VittorioTafur ProFootballFocus.com said C Samson Satele had career day – not 1 negative grade on 46 drop-backs & 25 run-blocks, + 2 nice blocks on screens
    about 3 hours ago

• inonewordraider

Dakota Says:
    December 21st, 2011 at 2:34 pm
    Back to the NBA lol.

____________________________

OJ Mayo-Conley the starter
    Jose Calderon-big contract, Bayless and Barbosa on squad
    Randy Foye-Billups, CP, Bledsoe, Mo Williams
    Monta Ellis-Curry, Thompson
    Mo Williams-see Randy Foye

any way we can one of these without trading our “big three”, would you want any of them?

• http://repealitnow.org MistaBrown

KK Munster you have been using the tired ole trailer blast for a year now. Move on to something at least slightly funny but not stale, ok ?

• http://repealitnow.org MistaBrown

KK Munster, when you see your fellow troll Peymour Bish ask him why Lechler keeps dropping punts inside the 15 if he isn’t a “placement” kicker, thanks old man

• http://build-a-bully 909RaiderLifer

PGutierrezCSN Michael Bush joins @RAIDERS injury report, limited. “Just gotta take care of him. Guy’s been banging.” – Hue Jackson
    22 minutes ago

• inonewordraider

909RaiderLifer Says:
    December 21st, 2011 at 2:46 pm
    22 minutes ago

_______________
    great

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

BrownStains, do you have anybody in your life to share X-mas with, besides Brien?

• Dakota

Mo Williams would be a nice pickup. Knows Brown’s “offense” if you can call it that. After spending all offseason behind a desk, I don’t expect much out of Fish. The rookie from Mich looked okay, but he needs a year or two.

• inonewordraider

_____________________
    funny bcuz of the guys I mentioned I like him the least, although he seems like he’d be the easiest to acquire considering the log jam they have at PG, well we gotta couple picks to offer via Odom!

• http://ibabuss.com antispy3

Freakin’ finally! Seabass & Shane Lechler both going to the Pro Bowl (unless. . .).

Now if they both are annointed All-Pro (if not will only have mason Crosby of the Pack to blame. . .)

• devilr8er

We need a NEW MLB, safety, CB, DT (seymore on his way out)RB (if Bush leaves), and O line help is always a plus

• http://repealitnow.org MistaBrown

KK Munster just because I’ve had more blk women than you dont be a hater old man

• olinesux

well at leadt those three have all the offseason to get better….

• Just Fire Baby

As has been the case for most of the season, the interior of our O-line played well on Sunday, and our tackles were less than stelar.

194.inonewordraider Says:
    December 21st, 2011 at 2:50 pm
    _____________________
    ++++++++++++++++

I have a feeling that Metta World Peace might get amnestied after another game or two like he had the other night. That dude is done.

I’d trade him to the Clippers for an order of KFC slaw and McDonald’s cheeseburgers.