WR/KR Ford returns to practice

Wide receiver/kick returner Jacoby Ford is practicing today after missing the past seven weeks with a foot sprain. Therefore, it’s logical to assume that he intends to play Sunday against the San Diego Chargers.
Ford is running routes, catching passes and doing everything else asked of the wide receivers. He last participated in a football-related activity Nov. 10, when he suffered his injury against the Chargers at the end of a long reception.
If the Raiders get back Ford, quarterback Carson Palmer will have at his disposal all six wide receivers for the first time since that Nov. 10 game.
It comes at an ideal time for the Raiders, given they are in a must-win situation. Fellow receiver Denarius Moore returned last week, and he caught four passes for 94 yards, including a 61-yard touchdown in the third quarter.
It remains uncertain whether Ford will be used on kick returns. Coach Hue Jackson might be averse to taxing Ford too much in his first game back. Ford missed the past six games.
Running back Darren McFadden, on the other hand, still isn’t healthy enough to practice, even though he suffered his midfoot sprain 66 days ago, against the Kansas City Chiefs on Oct. 23.
Jackson said he doesn’t prefer to play anyone in a game if he hasn’t practiced in the lead up to the game. That gives McFadden two more opportunities to get back on the field and show that he is ready to contribute.
At this point, that appears a long-shot.
Free safety Michael Huff is practicing today, as well. He has missed the past two games. However, he said Monday that he will play regardless how sore or banged up he is because of the ramifications of the game.
The Raiders need to win Sunday just to have a shot at making the playoffs. Even then, they would need the Denver Broncos to lose or tie against the Chiefs, or the Bengals to lose to the Baltimore Ravens and have anything happen other than a three-way tie that involves the Raiders, Bengals and Tennessee Titans.
Defensive tackles Richard Seymour and John Henderson are not at practice. Henderson is nursing a sore knee. No word on what ails Seymour, who has been a regular at practice the past several weeks.
Seymour was named AFC Special Teams Player of the Week for his two blocked field-goal attempts against the Chiefs in a 16-13 overtime victory Sunday.

Follow me on Twitter: @corkonthenfl

Steve Corkran

• http://raiders.com Albert Bigelow Paine

I am going to predict a close game in the first half, and then the Chargers eff it up in second half. The opposite of what usually happens:

Raiders 30
    Chargers 17

• Method To My Madness

Banana…..MR is always at home and is a big loser

• Raider Dell

Brien,
    Dude is crazy, mentally and emotionally.

You and I would have never met,if it wasn’t for Raider Organization.

• chuck

the games that were nailbiters should not have been,most of those games inside of 5 minutes we were up by 2 scores.

• Method To My Madness

MR….last night you said 28-27..

• DeuceDeuce

bcz24 Says:
    December 28th, 2011 at 12:28 pm
    Pat Williams would have a 2 game suspension to be served if he were to attempt coming out of retirement

—-

Should have brought him in a longtime ago then! lol

• Method To My Madness

MR aka Alberta now says 30-17 for raiders? Flip flopping pxssy

• Method To My Madness

Raaaaaaaiiiiiiddddddeeeeeerrrrrsssss

• http://raiders.com Albert Bigelow Paine

Method, that is only proof that I am not MR.

• http://build-a-bully 909RaiderLifer

RAIDERS—34 POWDER BLUE PETERPUFFERS—17

• http://raiders.com Albert Bigelow Paine

Speaking of MR, I found a site he may be interested in. It’s dedicated to relationships among cousins.

• http://raiders.com Albert Bigelow Paine

Good news Sullivan! California allows cousins to marry.

• John David Booty

Albert Bigelow Paine Says:
    December 28th, 2011 at 1:01 pm

DHB needs 155 yards to reach 1,000, I hope he does it.
    _____________________________________________________
    Done.

• R8derdiehard

IS IT NOT NICE SITTING HERE TALKING ABOUT PLAYOFFS WITH HOW THE LAST 8 YEARS HAVE GONE IM SO JUICED ABOUT THIS GAME ITS LIKE XMAS AGAIN. IM TREATING THIS LIKE A SUPER BOWL AND PARTYING IT UP!

THE COLLOSIUM IS GONA BE SHAKEING THE BAY PEOPLE GONNA THINK ITS AN EARTHQUAKE!!!!!

GET FIRED UP NATION GONNA KILL THE DISCHARGERS THIS WEEKEND

• inonewordraider

Albert Bigelow Paine Says:
    December 28th, 2011 at 1:01 pm
    DHB needs 155 yards to reach 1,000, I hope he does it.

____________
    he’ll have single coverage with Ford and Moore playing

• Just Fire Baby

So shortly after kickoff, we should have finals in the Titans and Jets game, and will know whether or not with a Bengals loss we will have a shot at the wildcard.

Pretty sweet week 17 afternoon!!!

• http://raiders.com Albert Bigelow Paine

I can’t believe the Raiders, Broncos, and Bengals games are all on at the same time.

• John David Booty

I am going to thoroughly enjoy watching Palmer and our WR’s perform a passing clinic on the SD secondary, all made possible by the opening drive, where Bush bullies the already defeated SD defense for 70 yards, on 10 carries or so.

This will be the most complete offensive performance of the season by the team.

• Raider Dell

JFB

Congrats on your Championship. Well earned and you beat a invisible manger also.

Defend it hard next year, don’t wuss out and get lazy.

• Just Fire Baby

I’ll laugh if the Bronco’s are winning, and Andy Dalton gets hurt, and whether we have a chance or not to make the playoffs will rest with Bruce Gradkowski.

• DeuceDeuce

Albert Bigelow Paine Says:
    December 28th, 2011 at 1:28 pm

—-

Games were moved so this exact thing would happen.

NFL wants drama.

• Just Fire Baby

Defend it hard next year, don’t wuss out and get lazy.

************************

Never, I’ll defend the belt.

Great league though. It literally came down to the very last drive of the very last game, and I barely outwiggled the wiggle.

• inonewordraider

Just Fire Baby Says:
    December 28th, 2011 at 1:31 pm

________________
    wow!

• Just Fire Baby

Gotta smash and dash on ya’ll

Raider On

• inonewordraider

CorkOnTheNFL Steve Corkran
    How good has Sebastian Janikowski been this season? His four misses — two were blocked — came from an average of 57.3 yards away.
    52 minutes ago

• Raider Dell

JFB

no need to apologize for your comments regarding RGIII. Some of us can’t always be right.

Your comments are noted as RGIII received the Heismann and will turn your head in the NFL.

So great one, you missed, I’ll overlook this failure and look to your many other successful comments on other topics in the blog.

• RaiderRetribution

Mr. Ford is practicing and going to play! I love belated Christmas presents.

DHB needs 155 yards to reach 1,000

***

King Darrius!

• djohnnyg

32.Chris in NY Says:
    December 28th, 2011 at 12:41 pm
    I don’t know how I make it through one Raiders game the way this team plays and as close as these games have been this season. Have no idea how I’m going to watch that and two others on Sunday with pretty much an equal stake in all three.

If I don’t make it, it’s been fun.

Ha. I know. Every Raider game worries me no matter who they’re playing.

Too much at stake. I almost wanna hide and check the scores later in he day.

he’ll have single coverage with Ford and Moore playing

***

inonewordraider actually made a solid comment? whoa!

first time for everything. Ford can actually contribute by being a decoy if the Dolts show him any respect and match him with a cornerback

3 wide sets should be prosperous for DHB :)

• Chris in NY

I think the key to this game is to come out and be very physical from the start. We need to deflate SD and let them know that if they want to compete in this one they need to get bloody and brutal. I don’t think that’s the type of game that team would be interested in at this point in time.

The other trick is to do that without being cheap or chippy about it. Last thing you want to do in this one is wake up the Chargers. Want to put them through the grinder without motivating them to play.

I don’t care about the Bengals, Jets or Titans. seriously!

like it or not, one of those teams will win on Sunday. add the Broncos to that list

You can’t just sit around and hope that all 4 teams with playoff hopes will lay an egg when they have a shot to enter the dance in January

Raiders win WK17?

• inonewordraider

inonewordraider actually made a solid comment? whoa!

-________________________________
    hahaha, thoughts? bastard

• Silverandblack666

“9-7 record with a tougher schedule, all the injuries and Al’s death is considered an excellent season compared to the previous 8 … regardless of what other teams do this weekend”

I would agree

***

Chris, couldn’t agree more.

Last 3 times we faced Sandy Eggo we dominated BOTH lines of scrimmage. Gameplan remains the same, with or without John Henderson & Darren McFadden

• hwnrdr

Solid post, Rockstar!

• John David Booty

RaiderRockstar Says:
    December 28th, 2011 at 1:56 pm

I don’t care about the Bengals, Jets or Titans. seriously!

Raiders win WK17?

_________________________________________________
    This

• Raider Dell

RRS

Bastard!!!

Dell,

… and then some!

• djohnnyg

Last thing I wanna see is the game coming down to the D having to make a stop at the end to save the season.

That would be too painful to have to endure and sit on for 9 months.

• Raider Dell

RRS
    So loved on this blog.

• http://www.tedhendricks.com/Ted_vs_Montana.jpg BigTed707

Norv is just not a leader of men!
    He may be a great coordinator, but he’s lousy as a HC.
    How many stars have quit on Norv over the years?

• Silverandblack666

The one thing that annoys me more than anything here is when MR uses the word “we” when talking about the Raiders it makes my skin crawl.

Dell thanks for hosting FF this year it was a blast.

• raidertalk

If the Raids make the playoffs it will be a miracle with all of the injuries, and the secondary minus Aso. The Defense needs a little more work to go DEEP into the playoffs

• http://www.AmyTraskshouldbeonmountrushmore.com Whats a Drexl?

and here we go!
    Week seventeen for all the marbles!
    Hung over as a bonus.

Timmeh will do what he has done the last two weeks and Denver swirls to insignificance.

Chuck B my eye balls are watching you!
    Cry me a Rivers is going to rattle early, and he will mail it in, do not fall asleep at the wheel this time, Chucky, so help me.
    String two SD beat downs in a row and when you get canned i will not curse your name for blighting the sideline of the Oak Raids, from hence forth.

• Raider Dell

Dell thanks for hosting FF this year it was a blast.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    Thanks SNB666 and you were a tough opponent also.

Glad you enjoyed the league, many changes next year. I’m consulting with many to be the best league next year.

• hwnrdr

Under HueJack, I believe DMAC only played once out of the 4…

• Raidervill

- Ford, Moore, and DHB. Best three wide set we got. Finally CP3 gets a chance to use them all with some built up chemistry.
    – Bush and the OL has owned the powdre blues the last three games. Beat down #4 on Sunday.
    – We need to make PRivers uncomfortable and force him to throw quickly, otherwise our secondary is in trouble.
    – A read a good article on how Belicheck tried to keep Tebow in check. No matter what, even when he pitched the ball, Belicheck assigned a defender to hit Tebow…every damn time. Are you listening Romeo? Punish the man.
    – Blow ‘em out, or win it in the end, but just win this game Hue.

One Nation Baby…

• DeuceDeuce

Can we tell the CBs to look out for the deep ball? Im looking at you Lito Sheppard.

• Raider Dell

Hwnrdr

Were you going to meet Brien, and where. We should all met up at a specific location.

I say this hoping my event that I’ll be at, gets over at a decent time on News Year Eve. last year got home around two.

It’s going to be rough to get up early and hit the parking lot, but I’ll try to do my best.