Raiders practice: Same as it ever was

By Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer
Friday, December 30th, 2011 at 11:47 am in Oakland Raiders.

Subbing for Steve Corkran today . . .

Media window has closed for today with no changes in the status of Raiders players. Michael Huff and Jacoby Ford are on the field and should be good to go against San Diego.

Huff should resume his role as starter, and Ford ought to be available in some for at receiver, although it’s doubtful he’ll return any kickoffs. Taiwan Jones is on the field as well, but given Hue Jackson’s comments Thursday about needing to see him “turn it loose,” his availability is up in the air.

No sign of defensive tackle John Henderson and running back Darren McFadden, who will be ruled “out” in a couple of hours when Jackson talks to the media post-practice.

One interesting sight _ CBS analyst and former Raiders quarterback Rich Gannon in civil, friendly coversation with senior exec John Herrera. Herrera threatned to have Gannon banned from the facility a few years back, believing Gannon to be too harsh when assessing his former team.

Always seemed a little silly. Gannon’s critiques were always on-point and made in part because he was rightly frustrated at seeing what the Raiders had become.

LA To TheBay Says:
    December 30th, 2011 at 4:21 pm
    Just win on sunday is all we can ask….if we get in playoffs then we ready to rumble from there

————-

Yup. Circumstances have made it real simple. Just win this game. If you don’t, you go home. Even if you DO win, you might go home.

Incentive enough.
    ****************

Cant stop mentioning Dell last Saturday at halftime…seems this team is destined to get in

• http://raiders.com Albert Bigelow Villapiano

Method, you going to run away and hide again because I showed up?

• LA to TheBay

Reminds me of Jim Brown as the DC in Any Given Sunday.

“We make this sh;t real fkin simple. It’s easy enough… and you dumb enough.”

• Method To My Madness

MR…you bring the blog down…but I guess that is your mission in life

But as for living to talk down on Al Davis…you now live for me…..real sad fo you. Leave that bunkered basement get out in the world…meet a woman…take a trip…life is so full of great things and to think you just are bottled up in that cold domicile yearning for our attention on the daily

LA To TheBay Says:
    December 30th, 2011 at 4:24 pm
    Reminds me of Jim Brown as the DC in Any Given Sunday.

“We make this sh;t real fkin simple. It’s easy enough… and you dumb enough.”
    ******************

OG was killin in that film I cant even lie….everytime I hear Jim Brown talk I think he is on the verge of whoopin someone’s ass lol

• Method To My Madness

Some old school cats from the 60s said Jim Brown would come into down in Miami and would holla at ya woman in front of you and if you objected you would get your ass beat….cold playa right there

• GoodOle00

Know who has to have a big day if we’re going to beat SD?

McClain…

• http://raiders.com Albert Bigelow Villapiano

Method, MR isn’t here right now. That guy has really messed with your head.

• Method To My Madness

I need to see Rolando McClain become the RoBeast….any gap that opens up he needs to close it and smash the fk outta anyone who comes thru that line…..time to man up. You aint a rookie anymore…this he just learning schit aint flying with me. He needs to go nuts loike ray Lewis did after his legal schit. Take it out on the opposing team you big mthfka

• GoodOle00

RMR arguing with himself again. Gross…

Albert Bigelow Villapiano Says:
    December 30th, 2011 at 4:29 pm
    Method, MR isn’t here right now. That guy has really messed with your head.
    ******************

LMAO MR…sure you have….thats why you wouldnt show up

GoodOle00 Says:
    December 30th, 2011 at 4:30 pm
    RMR arguing with himself again. Gross…
    ********************

This post is proof someone is constantly needing meds to help curb his hallucinations….go on home gameday and check blog…you see MR posting…and you got many posters who already met me and know who I am…GoodOleDummy its quite sad you keep up this charade….who is paying you to promote lies?

• silverback

Method To My Madness Says:
    December 30th, 2011 at 4:29 pm
    —–
    Where is the hunger? Why no desire to be respected? Seems like he has the tools but once again another guy who’s head is not into football.

• Method To My Madness

Gettin so juiced to see lil cousin and the 8th ranked Mizzou Tigers take on the Old Dominion Monarchs on ESPNU in about a half hour!

• http://raiders.com Albert Bigelow Villapiano

GoodOle, you sure is a dummy!

• http://raiders.com Albert Bigelow Villapiano

Method, who is your cousin?

Silverback Says:
    December 30th, 2011 at 4:33 pm
    Method To My Madness Says:
    December 30th, 2011 at 4:29 pm
    —–
    *******************

Yeah man I dont get it…but hopefully this sunday the bulb flickers on and he realizes he is a professional and that means something and he has a job to do. His job from day one when Al drafted him was to be the qb of a hard hitting ferocious defense

• FreddieB

What’s up Nation. Been reading this blog for some time now and finally decided to post. I can’t believe we are playing a meaningful game on week 17. Doesn’t get any better than that. F the Dolt’s. Raiders roll!!!!!

• Method To My Madness

MR…you know who my cousin is….been talking about him for years on this blog….dont act brand new

• http://raiders.com Albert Bigelow Villapiano

Method To My Madness Says:
    December 30th, 2011 at 4:38 pm
    ——-
    I heard you talk about him. But, what is his name? In case I see them on TV.

• http://raiders.com Albert Bigelow Villapiano

Is it Keion Bell?

Albert Bigelow Villapiano Says:
    December 30th, 2011 at 4:39 pm
    Method To My Madness Says:
    December 30th, 2011 at 4:38 pm
    ——-
    I heard you talk about him. But, what is his name? In case I see them on TV.
    **********************

Jcat….go check espn site…they list when they play…and you got a computer so espn3 is always showing it

• Method To My Madness

Bell is red shirting you jcat

• LA to TheBay

————

And the reason we got him is because he was apparently a student of the game, eat, slept and shat football and was the smartest player Saban ever coached.

Ro problem is his intensity and his lack of self confidence.

Seems like he hesitates just a flinch. Second guesses that first instinct.

Just smash these fools, Ro.

• http://raiders.com Albert Bigelow Villapiano

I don’t know his name, or yours. Just curious.

• Method To My Madness

Oh wow just got somes texts for a free VIP party in the Sco for New Year’s and Devin the dude will be performing at off Shattuck in Berkeley….any other time would be solid…but no can do…must be all full strength for the LOT…will be meeting Da Trinity and we get our tailgate on before we take out SD

• Seymour Bush

Mistress Beecher is trash and brings the lamest schit ever to the blog.
    ============================================

Truth. She might be entertaining if she didn’t post the exact same lame ass BS for years. Weak, tiring, and ultimately sad.

Albert Bigelow Villapiano Says:
    December 30th, 2011 at 4:42 pm
    I don’t know his name, or yours. Just curious.
    *************

You coulda met me nov 5th and found out my name

Seymour Bush Says:
    December 30th, 2011 at 4:44 pm
    Mistress Beecher is trash and brings the lamest schit ever to the blog.
    ============================================

***********************

It is like that Peanut Butter Jelly time song……like damn is that all you say?

• http://raiders.com Albert Bigelow Villapiano

Method To My Madness Says:
    December 30th, 2011 at 4:45 pm
    Albert Bigelow Villapiano Says:
    December 30th, 2011 at 4:42 pm
    I don’t know his name, or yours. Just curious.
    *************

You coulda met me nov 5th and found out my name
    ——
    Alright, I’ll just assume he’s the sh*ttiest player on the court.

• http://raiders.com Albert Bigelow Villapiano

Devin the Dude is weak.

Albert Bigelow Villapiano Says:
    December 30th, 2011 at 4:46 pm
    Method To My Madness Says:
    December 30th, 2011 at 4:45 pm
    Albert Bigelow Villapiano Says:
    December 30th, 2011 at 4:42 pm
    I don’t know his name, or yours. Just curious.
    *************

You coulda met me nov 5th and found out my name
    ——
    Alright, I’ll just assume he’s the sh*ttiest player on the court.
    *************************

Schitty players dont average double figures or get nominated for the Bob Cousy award

Albert Bigelow Villapiano Says:
    December 30th, 2011 at 4:49 pm
    Devin the Dude is weak.
    ************************

Trippin….Devin is too clean…never sold his soul and was original all the way through

• http://raiders.com Albert Bigelow Villapiano

Mike Dixon is your cousin.

• http://raiders.com Albert Bigelow Villapiano

I just playin with you B@uce man. I don’t Devin the Dude from you grandma.

• Seymour Bush

Method To My Madness Says:
    December 30th, 2011 at 4:37 pm

Silverback Says:
    December 30th, 2011 at 4:33 pm
    Method To My Madness Says:
    December 30th, 2011 at 4:29 pm
    —–
    *******************

=====================================================

McClain has strung two decent games back to back. Not good, but decent games. One of the big problems is if you asked McClain he would tell you he’s playing very well. Which that disconnect is mind boggling. At least DHB knew he was struggling. I would have graded McClain at a D to D+ level all year. The last two games he has probably played at a C+ level. I’ll take the improvement at this point.

• ENGLANDRAIDER

Raiders practice: Same as it ever was

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Very fuk’n unlikely Jerry Mac but your defense of Gannon is entirely correct.

• LA to TheBay

————

Cooz was the sh’t. For those of you who don’t get into sports history and classic players need to youtube him.

• FreddieB

I was excited when we got McClain like the rest of us. I hope it changes, but I would agree he is off base in evaluating his play. Seems like he has a little Sapp/Moss in him. Only shows up on Tuesdays to get his check.

• Kirk

Bring Gannon back into the fold. He could be a great resource for us.

• LA to TheBay

Kirk Says:
    December 30th, 2011 at 4:59 pm
    Bring Gannon back into the fold. He could be a great resource for us.

——–

Agreed.

Ok, I’m out, Nation.

Have a Happy New Year and be good.

• Seymour Bush

FreddieB Says:
    December 30th, 2011 at 4:57 pm

I was excited when we got McClain like the rest of us.
    ==============================================

I was as well. I thought he was a perfect fit for our needs. Normally in a 4/3 you want smaller quicker MLB than McClain, so it could be a system mismatch. I am not yet ready to write him off, but I am getting awfully close.

• FreddieB

SB,
    Agree, not ready to write him off either. Finally, Al drafts the player pegged for that slot and it may not work out. All the “experts” laughed at the DHB pick. Nice that DHB is the one laughing now.

• Pingback: Oakland Raiders Links That You’ll Want To See December 30, 2011 « Raiders Central - The Ultimate Oakland Raiders Blog

• sirblitzalot

What!? Gannon is going to be the T.V. color commentator? I would rather watch a black and white tv, with Marv Albert commentating. Jerry, Gannon was NOT “spot on” on his commentary. He was effusively critical, as if trying to convey that he is a true professional and objective observer. Even when commentating on the team that he lead into the worst superbowl beating any Raider team has ever suffered. I hate Gannon’s insipid analysis. I hope he is not the T.V. commentator N.Y. day! fk Gannon!

• sirblitzalot

Regarding McClain. I like what I have seen in terms of effort and focus. He demonstrated a lot against the Chiefs. He was making tackles, blocking passes, being a critical factor! I hope he contributes his 100%. If that dude unbridles his telent, you are going to see a twinkle of what Al’s genius envisioned! RAIDER NATION! I can’t wait for Sunday

• qodrn1

THE RAIDER PREDICTION BOARD

Dedicated to the legacy of Al Davis
    Protected by the rally squirrel and Coliseum rodents

2011 Raider Games

First: Ghostraider (exact score) Raiders 23 Broncos 20
    Second: Sullivan44 Buffalo 38 Raiders 35
    Third: Pretty Rick Raiders 34 Jets 24
    Fourth: Sullivan44 Patriots 31 Raiders 14
    Fifth: Fingers Raiders 24 Browns 17
    Sixth: Zymurge Chiefs 28 Raiders 0 (WTF)
    Honorable Mention: LA for PAIN
    Seventh: Noone…at all. Broncos 38 Raiders 24
    Eighth: La Milicia Negra (exact score (sadly))
    Ninth: TheToozFan55 (exact score) Raiders 24 Bolts 17

Albert Bigelow Paine Raiders 30 Chargers 17
    BewareofRaiders Raiders 38 chokers 17
    da trinity Raiders 34 Chockers 24
    DeuceDeuce Raiders 27 Chargers 24
    downsouthraider Raiders 27 Powder Blue Punks 10
    ElkGRaider Oaktown 30 Choketown 24
    fingers Raiders 35…. Chokers 13….
    GG Raiders 33 Chargers 30
    ghostraiders Oakland 31 San Diego 23
    Hagar the Horrible Oakland Raiders 34 – dischargers 20
    Lowdown_in_Beijing Raiders 44 Chargers 6
    M Lonetree Oaktown 41 Norvs 14
    MEX_GHOST Great Raiders 34 – Little Sparks 2
    MiamiRaider78 Raiders 41 Chsrgers 20
    PlunkforHOF My beloved Raiders 42 Weak Voltage 9
    Pretty Rick Raiders-30 Chargers-17
    qodrn Oakland 30 San Diego 27
    r8dercain raiders 30 chargers 20
    Raiderjambo RAIDERS 31 san diego bikini models 10 “Please JUST WIN AGAIN BABY!”
    raidertalk Raiders 27, Chargers 0.
    RAIDER MAYNE Raiders 34 Super Chokers 23