Huff switching from FS to CB in 2012

In the first of what promises to be a slew of changes, Michael Huff is converting from free safety to cornerback next season.
Huff played cornerback at times during a stellar collegiate career at the University of Texas. He has played it sparingly for the Raiders during his six-year career, mostly in the nickel package.
However, without a proven option opposite seven-year veteran Stanford Routt, coach Hue Jackson has decided to move Huff in an attempt to shore up a weakness.
The Raiders tried veteran Chris Johnson in that spot this season. However, a groin injury suffered by Johnson in training camp derailed his season.
From there, the Raiders used rookies DeMarcus Van Dyke and Chimdi Chekwa, as well as veteran Lito Sheppard.
None panned out as well as hoped for, if not expected.
Huff is excited about the prospect of taking on a new challenge. He always has fancied himself as a versatile player who is capable of playing any position in the secondary.
At cornerback, Huff will be able to match up better against receivers who aren’t as big and strong as the players he dealt with on a regular basis at safety.
Chuck Bresnahan remains the defensive coordinator for now. However, it’s likely that Jackson will insist upon a change once a general manager is hired.
If there is a change, the new defensive coordinator would be told by Jackson that Huff now is a cornerback.
So, in essence, the Raiders are hoping that Huff that can fill the void created by the departure of Nnamdi Asomugha to the Philadelphia Eagles via free agency before the 2011 season.

Follow me on Twitter: @corkonthenfl

Steve Corkran

• http://nra.org Raider Ray

The Black Panthers were an un-American and terrorist organization. All members should be tried as enemy combatants and executed if found guilty.

• RaiderSam

PurpleDrank81 Says:
    January 3rd, 2012 at 6:26 pm
    ARMCHAIR OUT HERE REPPIN THAT E.S.O.

Los Alamos Police Department=LAPD……LMAO..

Ayyy Judge Dredd calm down with ur racial tactics and tear down down your Calvin E. Jone Poster.

===========

LOL, I love it. “Throw down your weapons and prepare to be judged!!”

“I’ll be the judge of that.”

great stuff.

• Pingback: Michael Huff Making The Move To Cornerback - Just Blog Baby - An Oakland Raiders Fan Site - News, Blogs, Opinion and more.

• Carl Weathers

I didn’t know you could type PRICK on here! Fire Bresnahan for real, that useless PRICK!

• Twocents

The cops are out of control, I’d rather take my chances with a bunch of drug dealers than entrust my life to these jackbooted thugs. Read the Bill of Rights Raider Ray.

• mcfadden20.

Code black

• http://nra.org Raider Ray

Not a ton of crime in Los Alamos.
    =======
    We have a big meth problem. One of my buddies got stabbed by a tweaker the other day.

• RaiderSam

ArmChair GM Says:
    January 3rd, 2012 at 6:26 pm
    Twocents Says:
    January 3rd, 2012 at 6:23 pm

So Raider Ray admits that he is part of the military junta that is going to take over the US and enslave us all. The law is whatever the the police say it is.
    _______________________________________________________

Read the plethora of Racist comments that this prick makes constsntly about Black people. Now he comes on here talking about he’s an officer of the law.

The Black Panthers started in Oakland prick. We ain’t never been afraid of no Klansmen hiding behind a badge.

==========

The Black Panthers memory was ; candidates signing up saying , where s my weapon , and when do I get training…and they handed them milk bottles and said, i hope your ready to feed some children, and change diapers.

Wasn’t all shoot outs – it was free breakfast, in fact the Panthers were the forerunners of breakfast programs for children….

• Just Fire Baby

And BTW, Albuquerque was just deemed to have the cheapest gas in the country!!!

I just filled up at 2.67 a gallon beatches!!

• NMRAIDER

Hey Ray and Just Fire! Las Vegas NM here

• PurpleDrank81

RAIDER RAY were having a party on 7th and Pine in North Richmond California….You can be the Guest of Honor

• http://nra.org Raider Ray

Just Fire Baby Says:
    January 3rd, 2012 at 6:31 pm
    And BTW, Albuquerque was just deemed to have the cheapest gas in the country!!!

I just filled up at 2.67 a gallon beatches!!
    ========
    One of the reasons we have cheap gas is because their aren’t a lot dead beat brothers stealing gas and knocking of gas stations.

• http://nra.org Raider Ray

PurpleDrank81 Says:
    January 3rd, 2012 at 6:33 pm
    ======
    Ill bring the SWAT team.

• PurpleDrank81

Lol actually more white tweakers are the 1′s stealin gas but hey I guess it mite be different in NM

• Just Fire Baby

Ray,

Why aren’t you utilizing your supplemental retirement account?

I see no police officers in Los Alamos by the name of Ray with an account.

PERA and the LAC pension aren’t going to be enough my friend.

Let me help you build retirement security.

• Just Fire Baby

Las Vegas , NM!!!

Is it like 5 degrees there?

• PurpleDrank81

LOL SWAT TEAM….LOL theres not enough SWAT in the bay

• RaiderSam

Raider Ray Says:
    January 3rd, 2012 at 6:29 pm

========

They were, genius. COINTELPRO had the Panthers infiltrated with provocateurs, and they were destroyed from within thanks to Merrill McCullough, Ron Karenga and other traitorous black people. It kept going in the 90s with Khalid Muhammed, but he too was eliminated, as was Tupac. The Panthers were a national organization, that included Fred Hampton. When Bobby Hutton was killed, actor, Marlon Brando came as one of the pallbearers and spoke. Hoover had surveillance, and they are justifying his illegal, and unconstitutional acts against the American people with the pathetic J.Edgar film (dir by Clint Eastwood, who should be ashamed to have even done a film)…guess Hitler’s biopic is next.

• ArmChair GM

RaiderSam Says:
    January 3rd, 2012 at 6:31 pm

ArmChair GM Says:
    January 3rd, 2012 at 6:26 pm
    Twocents Says:
    January 3rd, 2012 at 6:23 pm

_______________________________________________________

==========

______________________________________________________

You know I know that Raider Sam.

I’m just talking about this useless Confederate degenerate idiot that calls himself a law officer and constantly makes blatantly RACIST comments about Black people, yet claims to support a football team that is about 75% Black!

Wait as long as Black people don’t have any power or authority he’s ok with it.

I hope he gets hit by a bus tonight like I would for any Klansman.

Better him than whatever Black or Hispanic person that he happens to pull over tonight.

• NMRAIDER

Yup pretty damn cold up north JFB

• http://nra.org Raider Ray

Just Fire Baby Says:
    January 3rd, 2012 at 6:34 pm
    Ray,

Why aren’t you utilizing your supplemental retirement account?

I see no police officers in Los Alamos by the name of Ray with an account.

PERA and the LAC pension aren’t going to be enough my friend.

Let me help you build retirement security.
    ==========
    Ray isn’t my real name.

• 504 Raider

Some Coaches at a High School named after the town it’s located in will find out exactly what went wrong with our defense this season. Chuck B will be on his lunch break there this Spring explaining what went wrong to anyone who will listen.

• PurpleDrank81
  • ArmChair GM

Raider Ray Says:
    January 3rd, 2012 at 6:38 pm

Just Fire Baby Says:
    January 3rd, 2012 at 6:34 pm
    Ray,

Why aren’t you utilizing your supplemental retirement account?

I see no police officers in Los Alamos by the name of Ray with an account.

PERA and the LAC pension aren’t going to be enough my friend.

Let me help you build retirement security.
    ==========
    Ray isn’t my real name.
    ____________________________________________________

Naw it’s Bubba. And your hero is Jefferson Davis.

• http://nra.org Raider Ray

My real name is Raylondo.

• Just Fire Baby

Ray isn’t my real name.

***********************

I was just messing with you man.

And if you have an account, I am watching your money in another tab, lol.

• http://nra.org Raider Ray

I have two kids named Jacuzzi and Jordachi’qua

• Just Fire Baby

Not sure about the PD, but Los Alamos fire are some of the most skilled fire fighters due to all their training because of the labs.

And the Chief is a great dude!

• ArmChair GM

Raider Ray Says:
    January 3rd, 2012 at 6:41 pm

I have two kids named Jacuzzi and Jordachi’qua
    ______________________________________________________

Actually you’re probably married to your first cousin and live in a trailer park.

• http://nra.org Raider Ray

ArmChair GM Says:
    January 3rd, 2012 at 6:43 pm
    Raider Ray Says:
    January 3rd, 2012 at 6:41 pm

I have two kids named Jacuzzi and Jordachi’qua
    ______________________________________________________

=======
    At least I’m married to my baby mama.

***

Chuck B as DC is about equal to Hue Jax as HC …

can both scumbags!

• Just Fire Baby

No business in Las Vegas, NM though.

I have drove through a few times on my way to Monte Vista.

I am always amazed that little place has it’s own airport.

• ArmChair GM

Raider Ray Says:
    January 3rd, 2012 at 6:41 pm

I have two kids named Jacuzzi and Jordachi’qua
    ______________________________________________________

______________________________________________________

You guys idea of a hot, romantic date is making out in the express lane at Walmart.

Inbred piece of sh*t.

• beach

Word I just heard on 95.7 says Bresnahan, Biekert, Woodson, and another stooge are fired!

• Pretty Rick

I know you all are not going to keep entertaining this Ray dude all night are ya ? Obviously looking for attention and responses. This blog is still outa control.

• Just Fire Baby

So does LAPD ever have to go to Espanola?

That place has all the tweekers.

• Twocents

I am sick of all this crap about cops as heroes. They are no different than SS officers in the third Reich.

• mcfadden20.

Code black x2

• Just Fire Baby

I got shield in my family (Alameda county sheriff and Raiders season ticket holder), and those dudes are heroes.

I always support the shield.

• PurpleDrank81

Twocents not alway true man….I know there is alot of police corruption but I have some very good friends who are Police Officer’s and with the stuff I’ve seen them do I can proudly call them Heroes

• http://nra.org Raider Ray

ArmChair GM Says:
    January 3rd, 2012 at 6:44 pm
    Raider Ray Says:
    January 3rd, 2012 at 6:41 pm

I have two kids named Jacuzzi and Jordachi’qua
    ______________________________________________________

______________________________________________________

Inbred piece of sh*t.
    ========
    Quit being so intolerant.

• NMRAIDER

Just Fire Baby Says:
    January 3rd, 2012 at 6:44 pm
    No business in Las Vegas, NM though.

I have drove through a few times on my way to Monte Vista.

I am always amazed that little place has it’s own airport
    ******************************************
    Very True. Water shortage stunts our towns growth. Been in drought conditions for over a decade. Airport is nothing but a runway with a gas station and blinking lights.

Mike Huff at CB is going to be better than Sheppard, CJ37, DVD & Chekwa?

hot dang!

who is at FS? Matty G?

• Twocents

There may be some good people that are cops but they are part of an institution and have no control over the crap that goes down.

• mcfadden20.

Steve has to be the slowest person ever to post updates

• Just Fire Baby

Better re-sign Branch if we are moving Huff to FS.

Can’t imagine our secondary improving with two new safeties. At least not to begin the year.

• Calirock83

Trim the fat already

• Just Fire Baby

Huff to CB that is.

Just doesn’t seem right typing it.

• doriangray

really ? REALLY .. i mean really ? huff at corner ? we gotta bethe dumbest organization since the memphis grizz. that scary , bad awareness , afraid to tackle (safety) will be a horrible corner . oh my god i so wanted j.joseph

• Just Fire Baby

Without good Police, that dude in LA would still be lighting everyone’s house on fire.