Raiders live chat today at noon

A lot to discuss with the Raiders in the aftermath of Reggie McKenzie’s hiring and Hue Jackson’s firing, all of which Steve Corkran will tackle in a Raiders live chat Wednesday at noon.

Jon Becker

• DMAC

RaidaNation02 Says:
    January 11th, 2012 at 11:37 am

It will be interesting to see what Mac does with all the 3rd round compensation picks this year
    ========
    Hopefully keep em’ and draft play makers.

• Dakota

97.RaidaNation02 Says:
    January 11th, 2012 at 11:37 am
    +++++++++++++

We should get one 3rd round pick for losing Nnamdi, but we will be lucky to get a 6th or 7th rounder for the loses of Miller and Gallery, based on their playing time, and our signing of Boss.

• Reggie has never been a GM in his life and you guys act like he walks on water. Just like when Hue became coach all our problems were solved, and so on and so on…How about watch the guy for a year before you slobber allover his zipper?

Nothing but experts!
    lol

• Hagar the Horrible

DMAC…post #8:

Absolutely, positively and “correct-toe-mundo” in your assessment that our defense alone loss three games and you can’t put those losses on Hue.

• RaidaNation02

I hope so too. Also curious to see what he does when Chucky B… If Hues gone he should have been gone along with him in my eyes!

• GoodOle00

I think JC was frustrated with the way his career has gone. Jackson saw that no matter how much time he had JC was not ever going to be a great Qb and maybe an average at best.

Who knows now. All bets are off as they revamp

• Why keep Al Saunders?.

Reggie McKenzie is not interested in continuity, that much was evident.

He said the HC will hire his own staff and unless we get a guy who shares Saunders style of offense, I can’t see why they would keep him, even if he’s a bright guy and certainly capable.

But if Winston Moss ends up the Head Coach as some say, I doubt he’d go with the vertical offense Saunders is an expert at, he should go for the GB-Philly style, West Coast based.

• Dakota

101.DMAC Says:
    January 11th, 2012 at 11:39 am
    RaidaNation02 Says:
    January 11th, 2012 at 11:37 am

========
    Hopefully keep em’ and draft play makers.

++++++++++

Can’t trade compensatory picks.

• DMAC

Dakota Says:
    January 11th, 2012 at 11:43 am

101.DMAC Says:
    January 11th, 2012 at 11:39 am
    RaidaNation02 Says:
    January 11th, 2012 at 11:37 am

========
    Hopefully keep em’ and draft play makers.

++++++++++

Can’t trade compensatory picks.
    =======

Who said trade?

• RaidaNation02

Reggie saying something of the sort I’m going to cut this short cause we have A LOT OF WORK TO DO as he looks over at Mark. Priceless!

• fingers

Mistic…for the most part I agree with your takes on Hues mistakes…
    I know their are some in here that wanted Hue to stay on.. But I agree .. It was time for Hue to go…

• GoodOle00

102. We’re going to be active trading for picks and maybe even players.

Checkers wants to build thru the draft. Anyone know what we paid for this guy? Apparently hes got a long term deal

• Dakota

January 11th, 2012 at 11:43 am

101.DMAC Says:
    January 11th, 2012 at 11:39 am
    RaidaNation02 Says:
    January 11th, 2012 at 11:37 am

========
    Hopefully keep em’ and draft play makers.

++++++++++

Can’t trade compensatory picks.
    =======

Who said trade?

++++++++++++

Sorry what did you mean by saying keep them then? You think Reggie might eat them? He is a big boy!

• 666.

Lol..thanks, I don’t smoke, I won’t tell you I never have or won’t again, but it’s not my thing, the handle confuses some people but it has nothing to do with drugs.

• fingers

110… Yep… The word on McKenzie is he’s gets things done… Not a talker

• DMAC

Dakota Says:
    January 11th, 2012 at 11:45 am

January 11th, 2012 at 11:43 am

101.DMAC Says:
    January 11th, 2012 at 11:39 am
    RaidaNation02 Says:
    January 11th, 2012 at 11:37 am

========
    Hopefully keep em’ and draft play makers.

++++++++++

Can’t trade compensatory picks.
    =======

Who said trade?

++++++++++++

======

Simply just using his picks and trying to find playmakers.

• hwnrdr

I loved when asked about change, that Mark said that change happened 3 months ago when Al passed on!
    With that being said…The Raiders are going into a different direction than what Al did…well, maybe somewhat the same but with a new sherrif in town…which is funny because remember 48 HRs? Wasn’t Eddie Murpphy’s character named Reggie? “There’s a new sherrif in town, and his name is Reggie!”
    Anyways…change is coming! Whether we agree or not, it is coming!

• Hagar the Horrible

Bob Marley post 11:

You’re right on point. Winston Moss, McKenzie’s boy, probably, and if so, a rookie head coach, will still have those problems to contend with.

• DMAC

What up Hwnrdr

• Dakota

112.GoodOle00 Says:
    January 11th, 2012 at 11:45 am
    102. We’re going to be active trading for picks and maybe even players.

++++++++++++++

As long as Mckenzie doesn’t trade away next year’s draft to get a couple of picks this year. Heard this is a weak draft class, best to just bite the bullet this year and move on with a near full compliment of picks in 2013……hard thing for a first year GM to do though….dude wants to show his stuff!

• ghostraiders

Compensatory picks are not allowed to be traded.. that’s a good thing! We need to use them..

• hwnrdr

119.DMAC Says:
    January 11th, 2012 at 11:48 am
    What up Hwnrdr

What’s up DMAC? You know…same ol’, same ol…

• Seymour Bush

I can see some of you have already gone through the stages of grief. lst came denial Hue was getting the axe, then extreme anger directed at me, then depression, and now you guys are at acceptance. Good for you all. Your collective psychological progress is astounding.

• Kirk

The Raiders have a good quarterback and a good GM. Now we need to hire a good coach, a good defensive coordinator, and switch to the 3-4 defense.

Our long Raider nightmare is over.

• Dakota

124.Kirk Says:
    January 11th, 2012 at 11:51 am

Our long Raider nightmare is over.
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++

Yeah baby!

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

As much as the bloggers here along with local and national media want to spin it as “moving away from the Davis way” with mark taking over, I really dont see it that way at all. In fat what mark davis has shown me so far is that he much like his father, and the Al Davis program is still in full swing. This will be a more modern version, but it si still raider football and not impostor ball. i am very pleased as a life long raider fan. When you step back and look at the big picture you can see that fruit doesnt fall from the tree in this case and its like father like son.

Al Davis was quick to pull the trigger and wash out coaches he didnt think could cut it as opposed to what you see around the nfl with coaches getting 3-4 years to prove themselves. Guys like white, bugel, shell II, calahan, kiffin and cable had very quick turns. some were not very good with the players and others clashed with davis. i for one loved that davis moved quickly when taking otu the trash all though most peple think it is detrimental for the team. Well like his father davis acted swiftly knowing that hue wouldnt cut it. risky yeas, but like dear old dad it appears that jr is a gambler.

Davis when he disagreed with a coach would let him know it in no uncertain terms, but would often allow coaches to make their own bed. he would remain in the shadows and give coaches enough rope to hang themselves. Jr did exactly that. you dont hear jr in the news every week like a jerry jones, instead he was behind the scenes silently evaluating hue and weighing his options, then boom the axe dropped on hues neck like a chicken being prepped for a country dinner.

Davis believed in giving first time guys their shot. the hiring of big mack as gm is exactly like his father did it, a first timer all though he has been in the business for years. He has no hang ups on race or experience if he believes in a guy, just like his father.

Davis sr had a very close knit inner circle that he trusted and sough their input when making big decisions. he didnt always go with what they had to say but his door was open to this small group, and most of this group were people that had been with the organization for years. Jr turned to wolf, madden and herock guys that were at one time part of Davis senior’s inner circle.

davis loved to have former raiders in post throughout his organization, coaches scouts and so on. well Jr continues the legacy with the hiring of big mack and possibly bring in winston moss.

Davis senior did not allow coaches to act like they were running the show by firing coaches with out his blessing, hue jack found out the hard way neither does jr.

So i dont subscribe to the notion that we are no longer following the davis model, it is the same Raider way, just an updated version. i for one am glad to see it.

• ghostraiders

Seymour. ..are a psychologist? ? You might want to talk to Chris from NY. ..LOL.. he’s still stuck in the anger part!! ..LOL.. and I truly think he’s the most level headed guy on this blog…I usually almost always agree with him..

• Hagar the Horrible

JB post #37:

Best post of this session, so far…right on point.

• DMAC

We need play makers on the D.

We have none.

• Why keep Al Saunders?
    1- we have the talent on our roster for it and not WC.
    2- if we go to complete rebuilding mode, then we may not be able to compete for the west.
    3- it will be better for our players to keep a working system than staring a new one.

• DutchRaider77

Dakota Says:
    January 11th, 2012 at 11:48 am
    112.GoodOle00 Says:
    January 11th, 2012 at 11:45 am
    102. We’re going to be active trading for picks and maybe even players.

++++++++++++++

_______________________________________________

Especially since 25% of the NFL is FA. There should be some nice low-level/below the Raider(Rader) guys McKenzie can find to bolster our roster. I bet not every FA we pick up now is going to be a lottery ticket.

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

Silverandblack666 Says:
    January 11th, 2012 at 11:38 am

Mystic1

You missed your calling in life you know what you should do….and I mean this in a non sarcastic manner.

You should write a book about JC’s life and the struggles of being a black QB in the NFL.
    ================

thats what you took out my post on hue jack?

you are a very strange bird

• Seymour Bush

ghostraiders Says:
    January 11th, 2012 at 11:55 am

===============================================

haha. yeah, I think Chris has gotten past anger but is stuck in depression. He’ll get to acceptance soon enough. I forgot bargaining. There were Raider fans last night at jack London who said they weren’t going to renew their season tickets because of this. Classic bargaining.

• DutchRaider77

We need play makers on the D.

We have none.

________________________________________________

I would settle for guys that do their job and can tackle…

• BabySlash

I am disappointed that Hue was fired, but I must admit that Mystic1 Supavillan’s post is a post of greatness and logic.

However, WHO THE HELL ARE WE GOING TO GET THAT IS BETTER THAN HUE?

Perry or Moss? Give me a break!

• Also,

Al Saunders is a great OC IMO, and he knows the vertical offense better than most in the league.

• DMAC

DutchRaider77 Says:
    January 11th, 2012 at 11:59 am

We need play makers on the D.

We have none.

________________________________________________

I would settle for guys that do their job and can tackle…
    ========

At least 2, IMO.
    Does anyone know where we ranked in turnovers on the D?

• Davy Jones

Speaking of bargaining, here’s hoping that Mark Davis hinting at LA is just that- a bargaining tool to get Oakland to make a stadium offer.

• DMAC

Seymour Bush Says:
    January 11th, 2012 at 11:59 am

ghostraiders Says:
    January 11th, 2012 at 11:55 am

===============================================

========

Those were Hue’s friends that met w/ him at Everette and Jones.

• DutchRaider77

Wonder what Davis’s file says on Moss? Since he was interviewed before by Davis…talking on 95.7 this morning. Packers blocked his chance to be Raiders D-Cooordinator?

• Seymour Bush

Davy Jones Says:
    January 11th, 2012 at 12:02 pm

==========================================

I think you are exactly right. If the Raiders really put a move in to go back to LA, which is extremely far fetched, I am sure the governor would put the national guard on I-5 to block it.

• DMAC

I wonder if Thurman (Jets) is still an candidate for DC? (probably not)

• Seymour Bush

BabySlash Says:
    January 11th, 2012 at 12:00 pm

However, WHO THE HELL ARE WE GOING TO GET THAT IS BETTER THAN HUE?

Perry or Moss? Give me a break!
    ==================================================

The last two thirds of the season we played .400 ball. We got rolled badly a few times as well. When it all mattered we went 1-4 and were a coin flip away from being 0-5. Just between you and I, you can pay me $4mm a year to lose every game that mattered and get rolled badly. I can do that.

• zopi

There is no way anybody in football could ever compare to Al Davis. Not one single, we’re talking here about a highly unique individual in the history of sports, anywhere. Let alone his son, who is clear to say “I know that I don’t know.” I might be a lot like my dad, but I could never be my dad, even though I learned many things from him.

But, yes there is a legacy to follow and keep. A tradition that can not be erased with change. But, change is the best of cures. And there was a much needed medicine to take this team to the next level. Whether RegMac would do or nor is yet to be determined, but a least is what this team needed.

Again, respect or not, hate or love of Hue is not the issue, he just doesn’t have what it takes to be a head coach exactly because he has to wear many hats, some can handle it most can’t. There is reason of why you’ll find so little great coaches and a whole lot of mediocrity.

• I like Vertical offense, and I like man coverage.
    I don’t like zone, and I don’t like WC offense.
    I’m a Raiders fan!!!

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

Raider O Says:
    January 11th, 2012 at 12:14 pm

I like Vertical offense, and I like man coverage.
    I don’t like zone, and I don’t like WC offense.
    I’m a Raiders fan!!!
    —–

agreed

• raidersjc

When are we going to hear that chucky B is gone ,, hurry up and clean house if thats what Reggie is going to do , the Defense is what costs us the season , and Hue burned down his own bridge ,, never put your team down …ask Jim Mora (playoffs ? playoffs ?)

• RaiderKen24

We don’t have the CBs to play man to man. Our defense can’t get off blocks. Our LBs over pursue. We need a tall CB who can cover and a LB who can cover. And we need a vetern FS to get these CBs on the some page.

• RaiderKen24

And most important a new DC!!!

• eastoaklandraider

Hue did more for this org in two years than anybody in the last ten Hue haters remember that. Should of kept him just for the offense alone now with Al saunders probably out the door here come a whole new O and prob west coast O know all us raider fans love that. All I knw is this next HC better fking be LIGHTS OUT I’m mean like clock work if not New GM has already failed.